Greetings from the United People of Reti [inchar Djana]

As I have just chosen to join this side of the commune, I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself. My name isn't important, but you may call me Djana. I am currently both leader and representative of The United People of Reti, I speak on behalf of my entire nation when I say that it is a pleasure to be a part of The West Pacific, and to be here. I suppose the purpose of this post should be to educate others of the values of Reti so that they may be known in more than just the abstract mind of the citizen and politician and to educate other nations on the current happenings within the nation.

•    You may know of Reti's name by inventions of warfare such as the Retian Amnesia Rifle or the Retian Coma Projectile, however Reti is currently experiencing a gradual demilitarization, we believe that even though such weapons patented by Reti pose very little risk to seriously harm their targets, that they are immoral, that violence is inherently immoral, be it self-defense or otherwise. This is only one of many values held dear by our nation's government and many of our people.
  •    Another value which is notably reflected by the green on our flag, is that environment will always be held before all, we find it our responsibility to protect the environment and such dedication to Mother Nature has made environment a huge part of Reti, at some point it was the fuel which fed our economy, attracting tourists world-wide to lay eyes upon the beauty of our nation.
  •    A majority of our nation's people and government also believe that religion can be held beside science, and that they are both from the same source, inseperable pieces of one puzzle. To unravel the deepest mysteries in science we must also unravel the deepest mysteries in religion and vice-versa. There is no one official belief system of Reti, the majority considers themselves pagan without further label.

Now that you have a basic idea on some of the values within our nation, it is time to educate you on current happenings within the nation. I do not need to restate the fact that we are being demilitarized, so I will state this:

•    It seems that over time focusing on economy after the great collapse of 2014, parts of the government sector have forgotten or ignored their morals in favor of improving the economy, which has resulted in unwanted and unnecessary funding to certain other parts of government (Such as welfare). Because of all of this the government and the people are currently in the process of "purging" away corrupt government officials, please note that this simply means we are collecting them, asking them a few questions (No corporal punishment is involved) and then determining whether they are still fit to hold their position in government, if they are not, they will be given a year's pay (Varies from sector to sector) and a home alongside others. They may work back up to the position they were in, but they must be evaluated just as they were when they were first promoted to said position.

I suppose this covers quite a bit, if there are any questions, please do ask, I would love to answer some

-Djana, 7th national representative of UPR, 11th leader of UPR

• 2 weeks later...