(Uitreiking Één) Elegarths Vraagesprek

Hariko

An Interview with the Advocate of the Voice: Elegarth

[region]The West Pacific[/region] | by [nation=short]United RussoAsia[/nation], Editor-In Chief

And now for my first article, an interview with [nation=short]Elegarth[/nation]:

[box]URAP: Good morning. I would like to start by saying that it's an honour for you to take the time to talk to us in detail.

Elegarth: It is an honour for me as well, both to be here and to have your attention!

My pleasure. Now, let's get started. Do you have any history with this kind of thing?

With interviews? Some, both in-game, in other games and in real life. I've directed media departments before as well, but have been most times in your end of the interview. With positions like advocate? Well, yes. I've held several different leadership positions in NationStates, mostly in an old UCR region a group of friends and I had, and then in the New Pacific Order and TWP.

Ha, I was talking about the Advocacy, but the interview bit is good to know as well. So, what made you run for the position?

Well, I originally arrived to TWP as an ambassador, and I found it to be a relaxed laid back community that deeply attracted me and I decided to become a part of it. Since I had a lot of work externally, I could not be as involved as I wish. But eventually had and find more time for it. I eventually realized I was spending more time in TWP than any other region, and that it was easier for me to think of WE than THEY. The next time a position was open - that of Speaker - I stepped up and decided I could help TWP's community grow again and become something else, something better. I've since tried to realize this view I have of an active but simultaneously relaxed laid back community where people can feel at home. And with the coming of the new Constitution, the position of Advocate is the one that can help me see that view become reality, with the obvious assistance of key players that I've signed up as officers and who represent the future of TWP.

TWP has that effect on people, and I'll give you extra credit for being able to describe it. Not many people can, but it's certainly there. Moving on, what do you think gave you an eventually victorious edge over the other candidates?

Well, the other 2 candidates were Punk Daddy and BM. BM failed to do a platform to run, and had previously gone missing in the past after having been appointed Prime Minister, which could have played against him. Punk Daddy, well, he is a more than capable and experienced West Pacifican, and who probably is not yet well known by the newer generations of TWP inhabitants. Finally, the fact that I've been actively leading parts of TWP in the last few months I believed has allowed people to have some feel of continuity that could also have helped me.

Interesting. So, what would you say your main goal for your term is?

To build a community. I know people things this is a cliché thing to say, but it is honestly my goal. A community requires people interacting with each other, building something. And in order for that building and that interaction to happen, the region requires activities to perform, events to engage people, jobs to attract players, and opportunities to grow and be involved and noticed. Those are the things I aim for!

That fits in quite well with my own views on the matter. Anyhow, what about your deputy advocates? What made you pick those as you did?

I chose Vlagh and PD for their experience and knowledge. They are individuals who have shown once and again through their history in NS what they are capable of and how valuable they can be one creating/improving a community in this environment. Nox, yourself, Hariko and Reçu are younger players, with a lot of potential and willingness to help, and who have personalities and behaviours ideal to be not only the face of certain departments, but also building blocks for the community itself. They are all, in short, leaders, either fully developed or in formation, that will be able to keep this going even if I suddenly leave or disappear.

Well, I sure hope you're not going anywhere anytime soon. We need you! Now, tell me; what would you describe your ideology as, per se?

Well, I've never really had an ideology of the ones normally recognized in NS. If anything, you could say I'm a feederite, but not a textbook Francoist feederite, as I don't have negative feelings towards the user created regions or the sinkers. I'm a feederite in the context that I've always been fascinated by the politics and environment in the feeders, which even led me once to try to become a pan-feederite or Pan-Pacifican (a citizen of all feeders). You could perhaps even say that is my ideology: Pan-Pacifism, an ideal setup in which all 5 pacific's were truly friendly and allied to each other, as a powerful virtually unbeatable feederite block, where each respected the other's differences and peculiarities - both cultural and political. I, however, think that is just a chimera, an idyllic utopia.

It sounds nice, and you're in a position to make progress towards it. You're a guardian as well, is this a strain on your time and effort, slightly?

I don't think so, the guardianship requires a more individual effort than the advocacy, which is a team task with my DAs and the people of the region!

And I'm sure they'll serve you well. Any last things you want to tell our audience?

To come and give TWP a chance! We may be different to what you are used to, but that is actually a good thing. Get to know us, and you may like what you see.

Well, it's always a pleasure talking to you and I hope to see you doing great things in the future.

The same to you my friend!About the Journalist

@United RussoAsia is the editor-in-chief of Dass Nachrichten, and the Deputy Advocate of Media for the TWP forum government. He is also the incoming Delegate in-game, and has a fondness for turtles... “I like turtles!”...sorry. He's got several nicknames; URA, Russo, and the DoomCricket God, to name a few.

United Russoasia is a Future-Tech nation with universal nationwide WiFi service and plenty of soju. Send him a telegram at https://www.nationstates.net/page=compose_telegram?tgto=United Russoasia.©2015 Dass Nachrichten[/box]