"I've seen All Good People"

*looks all around, sighs, plops down in his rocking chair*

So.

Long time no see.

Yes, Westwind Lives. 

What a long strange trip it's been. I don't want to give a terribly long story, I'll try to keep it short. 2017 is a blur. I've been through surgery, I've been through withdrawal from a medication I was on for over 20 years (no, not that one), dealt with four cars with multiple problems (one is now a pretty lawn ornament since the engine blew on one of my trips), had another old college friend die, and nursed my father through a long painful agonizing death. (16 deaths in 2 years, enough!) Some of that will haunt me forever. I buried him with full military honors a week ago. My daughter and I are the end of my family, the rest are all dead. Okay, so there are a few extended family members out there, but I haven't seen in 45 years or more so it's hard to count them, I don't really know them.  I have made seven trips tending to my fathers affairs (had to get special clearance from my doctor to drive under the condition that I make frequent stops for my heart and  seizures), and now that he is gone, many more trips are ahead of me.  I am at home for one week this time (whatever 'home' means anymore, I've lost that connection entirely). Last time I was home a month ago, I was here for 2 days. Last I spent time with my daughter, was before school was out and now it's back in again. I'm writing this while she's still sleeping.  Now I have to wrap up my father's affairs, go through probate, and figure out what to do with everything, 300 miles apart. More months of travels and doings. And winter is fast approaching these Northern Rockies I cross each trip. The 100F's of summer will soon be the below zero of winter.

I may pop in a bit, depending on everything, heh. But life will continue to be busy for the forseeable future. I hope to have the 'what to do with them' questions solved by April. I can't afford to maintain two homes for long.  I was already planning on moving in 2020. But I don't know how to work it all out yet, it all seems so busy no matter the option. Too much for this disabled old guy. But the path will lead where it will.

So.

Enough about me. What's up with you all?

Gallifrey Stands.TWP Endures. The Westwind Abides.