Political Party Representation:
Republican Party (RP) (28%),
Imperial Democratic Party (IDP) (28%),
Free Democratic Party (FDP) (12%),
Progressive Union Party (PUP) (5%),
Independents (I) (22%)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mid Term Senate Elections
The Allied Republics just finished its mid term Senate elections on December 11th. This is due to some complications in the Secretary of the Interior's Office, resulting in the election being late. The Justices of the Republics' Supreme Court then took matters into their own hands and started the poll thread to get the new senators into office. This Mid-Term election was rather uneventful. Only 6 candidates ran for the 5 open seats: Obito, CPSU, Lewis & Daniel, Queen Rebecca, Hunteiria, and Kevo. The election results are as follows:

Obito (RP)21 (20.8%)
CPSU (IDP)13 (12.9%)
Lewis & Daniel(IDP) 16 (15.8%)
Queen Rebecca (RP) 20 (19.8%)
Hunteiria (IDP) 17 (16.8%)
Kevo (RP) 14 (13.9%)

Congratulations to Obito, Lewis and Daniel, Queen Rebecca, Hunteiria, and Kevo for their election to the Republics' Senate! This election saw 2 senators leaving the legislature, Libertarian Washington and New Lafayette. It also saw 3 other senators re-winning their posts (Obito, Hunteiria, and Kevo) and 2 new senators coming into the fray (Lewis and Daniel and Queen Rebecca). Congratulations to all the winners of this mid-term election.

Libertarian Washington's Retirement
On the eve of the mid-term election, Libertarian Washington informed the region in a speech that he was not going to seek re-election and that he was going to retire from regional politics for some time. Libertarian Washington has served the Allied Republics as a Senator since last year and he has made major contributions to the region as a whole. One of the most active members of the region, his departure gives a bitter sweet feeling to many of his admirers. Nevertheless, he promises to come back into the spotlight, hopefully as President. The Allied Republics hopes that his promise is kept.

Acts of Union Between The Allied Republics and the United Republic of Nations
The Office of Delegate of the Allied Republics has been working closely with the government of the United Republic of Nations to bring the two regions together. After URoN President Leikistan formally requested a Republics' delegation and TAR President Crescellia's state visit, the ties between the two regions have become stronger. The idea of having other regions come under the Republics' banner as semi-autonomous territories has not been a new one. Since June, there has been talk about similar program. It finally became an official policy of the Office of Delegate when the TAR Senate passed the Statehood Act. This law provided for both RP and in-game territories of the Allied Republics. Delegate Tatu Rama finally got a chance to put the law to effect when the United Republic of Nations accepted a proposal for union. Although the first draft of the Act of Union was struck down in the Senate due to numerous objections, a compromise version seems very likely to pass soon that will bring the United Republic of Nations under TAR's wing.

Modern World Role Play
Several both official and free lance RPs have been going on in the Allied Republics with none of them picking up much speed or depth. However, a very successful role play theme re-emerged in the Allied Republics late this month: the Modern World RP. The Allied Republics has already held an official MWRP before and it was very successful. However, poor management of god-modding and hurt feelings between the players tainted the fun. It lasted several weeks until it finally petered out after several players became disinterested or either rage quit (many, many law suits resulted from this RP, so yeah). But it has come back, new and improved. It is not officially sanctioned by the regional government but rather it is a free lance RP started by an individual. Nevertheless, more thought has been put into the moderation of the role play, with two moderators, with absolute authority over god-modding and other unsightly RP behavior, being appointed. This RP is also blessed with several good RPers who have much experience, bringing in greater depth to the unfolding story. In all, this role play looks like it is picking up speed quickly and hopefully, it turns out bigger and better than the last one. Let's just see if they don't end up nuking each other (both in and out of character).

Kevo and Rebecca kissing in a tree!
The Washington Family had the joy(?) of hearing that Kevo will be marrying Queen Rebecca, cousin to Libertarian Washington, the family patriarch. After weeks of courting the fair Queen behind the region's back, Rebecca has finally accepted Kevo's persistent advances! Minister Lewis and Daniel (we don't know which one specifically) will wed the lovely couple. The response from the region has been overwhelmingly good although there are those exceptions. Robertsonstan Washington has expressed disgust at being related to a heathen like Kevo, even through marriage. There is also Hunteiria, who no one really knows what side she is on because she won't stop yelling at her husband Mytzonia, the poor sod. Nevertheless, wedding bells will soon be ringing in the Allied Republics! The date of the wedding will be announced soon. If you are invited, bring a gift and some tolerance to alcohol.

Quote of the Month!

> Libertarian Washington: Who's joking? ;)
> PDS: Whats the joke again?
> TNR: LW's sex life.

END OF REPORT

Tried to fix the editing this time!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Yeah, Foreign Affairs can be a demanding job especially Secretary of Foreign Affairs or the equivalent but it can also be a fun job. 

The Allied Republics

November 2013 | Regional Envoy

z7nv.jpg

12ᵀᴴ Republics' Government

特別なアニメの派遣
SPECIAL ANIME DISPATCH

Executive Branch
President - Free States
Vice President - Libertarian Washington
WA Delegate - Tatu Rama
Secretary of the Interior - Trook
Secretary of Defense - Emrys Mercer
Secretary of the Treasury - Andune
Attorney General - Mytzonia

Supreme Court
Chief Justice - Imperium Londinium
Associate Justice - Conserlan
Associate Justice - New Lafayette

Senate
- Hunteiria
- Aurumaquaria
- Western Timpetotia
- Bacilli
- Britarvia
- Obito
- Lewis and Daniel
- Queen Rebecca

Politics

Political Party Representation:
Republican Party (RP) (41%),
Imperial Democratic Party (IDP) (21%),
National Grammar Party (NGP) (16%),
New Democracy Party (NDP) (11%),
Independents (I) (6%)

---------------------------------------------------------------

General Elections

The Allied Republics has finished conducting its 12th General Elections, the most competitive election that the Allied Republic has had for a long time. Most positions were up for vote, including the presidential and delegate offices, as well as 4 senate seats.

First of all was the presidential election. 3 nations declared their candidacy. Free States, Kevo, and Conserlan all challenged Crescellia's bid for re-election. However, a change in RL circumstances forced Crescellia and Conserlan to drop out of the race, assuring that the new president of the Allied Republics would either be Free States or Kevo. The results are as follow:

ac48.png

Congratulations to Free States and Libertarian Washington, the new president and vice president of the Allied Republics. This election marks an end to Free States self imposed exclusion from regional politics that lasted for over a year. He served 3 terms as the first president of the Allied Republics and much was accomplished during his tenure in the form of major constitutional reforms. This also marks the first time Libertarian Washington has held a top executive office. For an aspiring future president, this could spell a victory in a future presidential race for Libertarian Washington. The results of the election are as follows:

Second is the delegatorial election. Delegate elections for the past 6 months have been marked by a lack of competition. After Tatu Rama was elected to his second term virtually unopposed, he was surprised and somewhat intimidated to see that he'd have to compete for his third. This election, four candidates ran for the delegate's ticket: Tatu Rama, Robersonstan, Obito, and Hunteiria. When polls opened, the vote seemed evenly split between all four candidates. However, Robersonstan and Tatu Rama got more votes later on, getting them to run-offs. The run-off election was no less different, with the votes dividing between Robersonstan and the incumbent. Tatu Rama emerged as the victor with a small margin of 5 votes. The results are as follows:

te7g.png

Last but not least are the Senate elections. This Senate election was remarkable for its competitiveness. 8 candidates vied for 4 Senate seats: Aurumaquaria, Western Timpetotia, Andune, CPSU, Britarvia, Bacilli, Harold Thatcher, and Conserlan. After a very competitive race, the results are as follows:

r2kw.png

Congratulations to Britarvia, Andune, Bacilli, and Western Timpetotia for their election to the Allied Republics Senate! The region hopes that the competitiveness of these 3 elections becomes a hallmark of the Allied Republic once more.

Anime!
By Lewis and Daniel

Hello this update I have been given the chance to include some anime, which is a popular thing in The Allied Republics, at least by several people including my self. Hopefully I will be able to have articles like this in future updates as well as I really enjoy talking and writing about anime, manga, and other related things. In this section, if it continues, I will be doing various things from time to time. Sometimes, like this time, I will be including reviews on anime or manga either anime I thought were really good and need to share with you, anime I recently finished, or anime that I've watched and I just want to tell you how it was. I might also write about recent happenings in the anime world like an anime winning an oscar or mulitple anime being nominated or a director retiring and so forth. With that a side let's get to it.

17890.jpg

Kimi ni Todoke

Kimi ni Todoke --- Also known as From Me to You and Reaching You but mainly as Kimi ni Todoke. The Story starts of with Sawako Kuronuma or as most of her classmates call her or as known by Sadako because most of them think she resembles the girl from "The Ring" and all of them avoid her and are scared of her because they think she is mean and such. However she is moderatly shy and despite everything still tries to gain friends and talk to people and is actually really nice and kind and sweet and all those good things. The story takes off from there as we see her live and all that not to give away too much.

The Story is really good, it is mainly a Slice of Life, romance, and shoujo anime. The story develops at a really good pace and it's not as deep as a phycological thriller it still tells a nice story that is fairly deep considering how you view it. The story rarely if ever got boring for me as it held be tight as I went through all the episodes wanting to see what happened next. The story is also unique with other shoujo anime and doesn't have many clichés and unlike some other shoujo anime isn't this soap opera like anime that can break out down at times rather it's much better. You might be thinking, well I'm a guy and shoujo anime and manga is for girls, well I too am a guy and I rather like shoujo anime and manga and romances, and I also like actions so you know. This is also one of the best romance animes that I've seen and I love romance anime. It really does a good job with the story though of course it being a Slice of Life anime some may think at times that it goes really slow, I really didn't think that when I was watching it.

The characters are a place where this shines, it has wonderful and unquie characters especially Sawako and I condsider her one of my favorite anime characters as she just loveable and wonderful. As she cries we too tear up not always because it was sad but because it was beutiful and joyus. As she laughs we too find our selves laughing. Other characters in the series are good as well and I really enjoyed them like Shouta, Chizuru, Ayane, and Ryuu. Character development is wonderful and great, we really get to see how these characters grow and develop throughout the anime. It also doesn't focus on developing just one or two characters but rather several characters to a good degree and by the end you can really see how far these characters have come. Not only that but the story doesn't focus on just one love tale or just focus heavily on one character that we don't get to see a lot of the others, we really get to see into the other characters and they are really included. Because of all of the development and the time that we spend with them they really grow on you and you really like them and want them to succeed and they become amazing.

The music is wonderful, I found the opening and ending themes to be great and awesome though they are only like 1 minute long compared to the normal 1 minute and thirty seconds however they are still great songs and are rememberable. They might not be the absolute best I've seen they are really good. It doesn't stop there the soundtrack in the anime also melds well and I can hardly remember hearing the same music over and over again to the point where it's overused. Though the soundtrack isn't as memberable as the opening and ending it did it's job well and I think that if I heard it in a playlist it would also be good. Maybe not where you have to have the CD of the sound track but nice to hear once in awhile.

The animation was good, it was nice and sweet and really well done. The characters where really well draw and the animation style was unquie and well done. That being said there were still some flaws, like I remember where when viewing a character from the side and a little diagnal and I think in a couple other view points as well we could only see one eye and the other side was kind of shaded in. It was enough for me to take notice, there are a couple of times where things like this happened but it doesn't greatly detract from the overall experience of the animation or the anime. The anime is not dubbed to my knowledge and I watched it subbed and the voice acting was pretty well done, I really don't have any complaints about it.

The ending, well there is a second season which only has 12 episodes, the first season has 25. So the ending of the first season was good, alight because there was a second season which I quickly jumped to. It's regretable that the second season though only has 12, I would like to see a third but who knows if that will happen. Though to comment on the second season's ending it was a little rushed but still good.

Overall it was a wonderful anime that I really enjoyed. I'm sure that if you like Slice of Life anime or Romance or even shoujo then you will like this anime, if you only ever watched mecha and action then maybe you will like it. It could be that nice refreshing anime that you watch. I urge you to check it out, maybe it give it a episode or just the opening, and if you don't like anime or never tried it then this could be your chance.

Happy New Year!

May all our allied regions receive the love and good-will from the Allied Republics! We hope that you had a very happy New Year and we cannot see what 2013 has in mind for all of NationStates. Enjoy the anime expertise, its our little gift to you.

[END OF REPORT]

I think I figured it out now. Instead of coping the code and then fixing it I think I can just copy the post and it moves over pretty well I think, except now it's not centered and it won't let me.  

I wrote a section of the update this time, the anime section :D

Also got another issue of The Messenger, which I write, if you like to read it -- http://thetarmessenger.blogspot.com/

• 1 year later...

[b]FROM [region]The Allied States[/region][/b]

[u][b]Government Reveals Forum Day 2016 Festivities [/b][/u]

[b]Weekend Long Celebrations [/b]
[b]Including the Induction of TNR Drakan to the TAS Hall of Fame[/b]

WASHINGTON D.C.- Since its inception on January 21st, 2012, The Allied States (Formerly Republics) has experienced some of its greatest moments on the Zetaboards Forum created nearly four years ago. Now, the Office of the Chancellor is proud to announce some of the activities planned for the celebration.

Starting on Thursday, January 21st, 2016, a 4 day long celebration shall commence. This celebration shall conclude on Sunday, January 24th. Numerous activities are planned for the duration of the four week celebration, as highlighted below.
[b]
Throughout the Entire Celebration (Jan. 21st to Jan. 24th)[/b]

[u]Forum Day Convention (FDCX)[/u]
Take part in numerous competitions, games, and digital signings during the Forum Day Convention. Plus, enjoy some exhibits highlighting numerous items from TAR/TAS past, including a special exhibit on TAS Hall of Famer and Class of 2016 Headliner, TNR Drakan

[u]Forum Day Ballroom Dance[/u]
Take part in this ballroom dance roleplay, where anything can happen as we attempt to hold some type of formal dance. Plus, suggest your own music to play using the interactive playlist.

[u]The Allied Republics Throwback[/u]
During the entire duration of Forum Day 2016, numerous forum icons shall be reverted back to its prior TAR counterparts, including the name of the Chancellor to President, the forum header, forum flag, and main board and the forum name. The NationStates Page will also be recolored red, black, and green.

[b]Thursday, January 21st[/b]

[u]Forum Day Opening Ceremonies[/u]
Join the region as Forum Day commences with the Opening Ceremonies, kicking off the official start of the Forum Day 2016 Celebrations.

[u]The Greatest Ever Tournament: Chancellor of The Allied States[/u]
Round One of a 4 man tournament shall commence, to crown the greatest Chancellor of The Allied States. Obito Drakan faces CDLand while Regionia Drakan faces Pepe Drakan in a poll based tournament.

[b]Friday, January 22nd[/b]

[u]TAR: Now, Then, and Forever (Name Tentative) [/u]
Join as 3 TAR Panelists speak about the history of The Allied Republics. Topics in this roundtable discussion include TAS Hall of Fame Class of 2016 Headliner TNR Drakan, The Spring Crisis, and the merger among countless other topics.
[u]
Roast of Chancellor Pepe Drakan[/u]
Join in as 7 roasters take their turn in making fun of Chancellor Pepe Drakan, including the Roast Master General. It's full assault mode, as the roasters can say do and say ANYTHING in their chance to publically embarrass the Chancellor. At the very end, Chancellor Pepe shall get his sole attempt to defend himself.

[b]Saturday, January 23rd[/b]

[u]TAS Hall of Fame Class of January 2016 Induction Ceremony[/u]
For the first time ever, we honor the men, women, families, organizations, and topics that paved the way for future generations in The Allied States. Join as the inductees join their rightful place in history. All of this is headlined of course, by the induction of the former TAR President and current TAS Delegate, Shane "TNR Drakan".

[b]Sunday, January 24th[/b]
[u]
Forum Day Concert[/u]
Cap off the entire 4 day long festivities with the Forum Day Concert. Join as we unveil the winning entries in the Forum Day Music Contest among special guest appearances.
[u]
Forum Day Awards Ceremony[/u]
The entire weekend long celebrations conclude with the Forum Day Awards Ceremony, as the winners of the competitive events are unveiled. Plus, special guest appearances and special surprises.

[b]All citizens of The Allied States and all citizens from regions with embassies with The Allied States are welcomed to attend. [/b]
Join Now Via The Forum: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/index/and gain forum access here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/topic/11498452/1/

• 1 month later...

[big][big][big]MARCH REGIONAL UPDATE

Issue 1[/big][/big][/big]

The following is a report composed by the Secretary of State of The Allied States.

Please visit our forums here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/index/! We love to receive Ambassadors from other regions!

[big][big]General Election Results:[/big][/big]

[big]Senate:[/big]

Election Results:

Pepe Drakan (DSP-S) 14 Votes (13.6%) ELECTED

Zachary Drakan (I-S) 12 Votes (12.5%) ELECTED

Pletamia (UCP-W) 12 Votes (12.5%) ELECTED

Gen. Wildeboden (UCP-W) 10 Votes (10.4%) ELECTED

Mytzonia Drakan (DSP-HBE) 10 Votes (10.4%) ELECTED

RNS (DSP-W) 9 Votes (9.4%) ELECTED

Britarvia Wargrave (OP-W) 8 Votes (8.3%)

Obito Drakan (DSP-HBE) 7 Votes (7.3%)

Lewis and Daniel (OP-HBE) 7 Votes (7.3%)

Brick Wargrave (I-S) 6 Votes (6.3%)

Neill Wargrave (OP-HBE) 1 Vote (1%)

Chancellor:

Election Results:

Kastros Dakan (OP-HBE) 5 votes (55.6%) ELECTED

Regionia Wargrave (OP-S) 2 Votes (22.2)

Note: One Senator abstained and one was absent.

Senate Speaker:

Election Results:

Regionia Wargrave (OP-S) 1 Vote (50%) ELECTED

Kastros Dakan (OP-HBE) 1 Vote (50%) CONCEDED

Note: Kastros conceded after having won the Chancellery.

[table=3,The Government of The Allied States, 1]

[big][big]The Cabinet[/big][/big]

Chancellor: Kastros Drakan (OP-HBE)

Vice Chancellor: Imperium (DSP-S)

Secretary of State: Kastros Drakan (OP-HBE)

Secretary of Interior: Lewis and Daniel (OP-HBE)

Secretary of Treasury: CDland (OP-S)

Secretary of Immigration: Zachary Drakan (I-S)

Secretary of Culture: Britarvia Wargrave (OP-S)

[c]

[big][big]The Senate[/big][/big]

Speaker and Southern Senator: Regionia Wargrave (OP-S) 

Speaker pro tempore: Mytzonia Drakan (DSP-HBE)

At-Large Senator: Pepe Drakan (DSP-S)

At-Large Senator: RNS Drakan (DSP-W)

At-Large Senator: Pletamia (UCP-W)

At-Large Senator: Wildeboden (UCP-W)

At-Large Senator: Zachary Drakan (I-S)

Western Senator: CPSU (UCP)

Britannian Senator: Kastros Drakan (OP)

[c]

[big][big]The Supreme Court[/big][/big]

Chief Justice: CDland (OP-S) 

Associate Justice: Obito Drakan (DSP-HBE) 

Associate Justice: RNS Drakan (DSP-W)

[/table]

Brief Summary of the General Election

Senate

The Senate election saw 11 candidates fighting for 6 seats. The first candidate to announce was Brick Wargrave who put on a strong showing early on and was considered a lock for the Senate however he lost momentum as more and more candidates stepped forward and his campaign buried in the scramble. Zachary Drakan, RNS Drakan, and Obito Drakan ran for reelection. Zach and RNS won, however Obito narrowly lost due to being on vacation at the time. Pepe Drakan was elected after a one month break from the Senate and Chancellery and announced that this term would be his last in the region much to the dismay of his close friends. Mytzonia Drakan was elected after returning to the region after being gone for several months, he was highly endorsed and showing great promise in the State RP. Wildeboden ran with much support after becoming an active member of the region, this is his first term. Pletamia was also elected.

Chancellor

For the Chancellor election we saw the 3rd Chancellor Regionia Wargrave face off against incumbent Chancellor Kastros Drakan. Regionia campaigned hard and constantly, basing his campaign off of the Donald Trump campaign. He addressed every issue as it came up during the election, despite all of his effort he only received one endorsement. The incumbent put far less effort into his campaign, citing his previous term as proof that he was right for the job he jokingly called his campaign '2 K/\S 2 Furious'. He received nine endorsements from a wide range of people, including high profile members of the region, two of the four previous Chancellors, and many leaders from old TAR and old TAS. Kastros would go on to win by a sizable margin. 

Speaker

The Speaker election saw far less excitement than the other two elections. Regionia announced his candidacy and also nominated Kastros, who accepted. Pepe Drakan announced his candidacy, however he dropped out before the election. Lastly, TNR Drakan ran as a protest candidate and was ineligible for the position. This left Regionia and Kastros competing in two election, Kastros would concede the Speaker election after having won the Chancellery.

[big][big]A LOOK INTO THE STATES[/big][/big]

[big]DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF THE WEST[/big]

The West, under the iron and firm hand of our glorious Supreme President Pletamia, has continued to reach new heights and surpass the other states. We are closer than ever to creating a Worker's Paradise, all have food and all have shelter. The Marshal Pletamia of the People's Militia has revealed just how strong the West is by upgrading and expanding our military to be the best. Multiple Acts have been passed by the Supreme Soviet including the Thought Crime Act and the Draconian Law Act, all of which were authored by the Supreme Leader.

[big]BUXTON[/big]

Buxton recently elected Keventle Wargrave as their governor after a hard fought election against Regionia Wargrave. Keventle founded the state all the way back in old TAS and seeks to repair Buxton and restore its reputation. Since the start of Keventle's term, sever bills have been proposed to the Buxton Congress. The Treason Act, proposed by CDland seeks to heavily punish and banish any would be traitors to Buxton which has been a problem in the past. The Embassy act, proposed by Governor Keventle seeks to establish an embassy system within Buxton in hopes of having better relations with the other states. There have been several other bills proposed, however are not of much worth and will likely have a minimal impact on the state. A new emphasis on the military with the Military Growth Campaign, state safety with the Treason and Immigration Acts, and map roleplay with the Buxton Map Reform legislation has placed a new focus on making Buxton the premier state in The Allied States. 

[big]THE HOLY BRITANNIAN EMPIRE[/big]

A lot has been going on in the Empire. Myztonia Drakan was recently appointed Prime Executor by the Emperor, and is the third Prime Executor that the Empire has seen. Myztonia has in recent weeks been hailed as a great statesman for the Empire with the passage of his act the NE Corridor which sets the Empire up to have the best train system in the region. In addition the Empire has been revisiting its defenses and military and has taken new steps to strengthen and reform it. In addition reports go that Pendragon University, the only university that resides within a state, is going good with new works for its library and also a new student. Reports also indicate that the University is going to be working with outside companies in setting up new software to help the learning process.

[big]ARCADIA[/big]

This state is currently inactive, its statehood is currently under debate with some saying that it should have never been granted statehood in the first place.

The Allied States Government Simulation (ASG)

The Allied States Government Simulation (ASG) is a simulation of the United States Government. In this simulation, players will be taking on the role of members of congress, the presidency, and the presidential cabinet and they will be interacting with the simulated RP World. Every player will control a member of the Allied States House of Representatives where all the major issues in the game will primarily be debated. Additionally there will also be a smaller, elected Senate. Finally, we have an elected President who will appoint a cabinet. 

NWP-TAS Treaty

On July 24, 2014 then President Crescellia of The Allied Republics sent Delegate Lewis and Daniel to the New Warsaw Pact to negotiate a treaty. Talks lasted for a couple months before dying off for almost a year. In June 2015 talks started again, however suddenly stopped. Talks resumed again in December 2015 when Secretary of State Free States resumed talks with the NWP, great progress was made and a revised treaty drafted however talks died off yet again. On February 27, 2016 Chief Justice CDland, on behalf of Chancellor Kastros got the talks going again. Chancellor Kastros took over the talks on behalf of TAS and both sides accepted the treaty, it is currently in both region's Senates and is expected to pass and be ceremoniously signed soon.

[spoiler=Full NWP-TAS Treaty]A Treaty between New Warsaw Pact and The Allied States

Authored by Lewis and Daniel, Revised by Free States

January 2016

It is hereby formally announced that the regions, New Warsaw Pact and The Allied States, have joined into this partnership of friendship designed with the goal of promoting good-will, freedom, democracy, and peace to all nations that fall under their respective banners.

Article I

(1.) For this treaty to go into effect it must be ratified by both regions in what ever process is set forth by that region's laws, standards, and traditions. 

(2.) This treaty shall also be ceremoniously signed by the Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the New Warsaw Pact and the Secretary of State along with the Chancellor of The Allied States.

(a.) The treaty may additionally be signed by any other person who the above allow.

(3.) This treaty shall never have to be officially renewed, however both regions may see fit to come together again and reaffirm what is written here.

(4.) Should either region repeal this Treaty it shall be considered null and void all together.

(5.) This act may also be amended with the consent of the two regions.

Article II

(1.) The New Warsaw Pact (NWP) and The Allied States (TAS) do hereby announce that they are Allies to one another.

(2.) Peace shall be made between the regions and no invasion, raid, attack, or war may waged on the other. This is also states that no hostile preparations at the other will be made.

(3.) The two regions shall maintain NS Embassies with each other along with Forum Embassies.

(4.) Each region will accept visitors from the other region. In times of war, they may accept refuges from the other region.

(5.) The two regions may maintain separate militaries.

(6.) Both regions pledge defense to each other, should one be attack then they are both attack and will aid the other region as needed.

(7.) The regions may ask for support from each other in war, however it falls to the region's Commander-in-Chief as to whether they shall join them in the war. However it is suggested that they do.

Article III

(1.) Should a nation in either TAS or NWP break a condition set forth in this treaty they will be subject to a interregional trial. 

(2.) This interregional trial shall take place in what ever region the defense chooses.

(3.) The interregional trial shall be made up of two justices. One justice shall be a representative of TAS and the other a representative of NWP.

(a.) Each region shall be allowed to choose their representative in what ever fashion they feel most appropriate 

(4.) Should any investigation or prosecution be needed then both TAS and NWP shall put forward a representative for the job.

(a.) Each region shall be allowed to choose their representative in what ever fashion they feel most appropriate 

(5.) Should the defense request a lawyer or want one, he may choose anyone in either region.

(a.) However they must be qualified to practice law if their home region's laws require it.

(6.) Should an ambassador from NWP to TAS, or from TAS to NWP. Commit a crime then their ambassadorship will be revoked and will be sent home to their home region. 

(a.) If a serious crime is committed then the region in which the crime was committed may contact the other region to decide the proper course of action.

• 1 month later...

If we had the embassy already, and your new region is a full follow up of the previous one and the community is large enough and active, then please send me an in-game embassy request

[im]

http://i.imgur.com/Jfkbg0J.png[/img]
[big][big][big]APRIL REGIONAL UPDATE

Issue 1[/big][/big][/big]

The following is a report composed by the Secretary of State of The Allied States.

Please visit our forums here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/index/! We love to receive Ambassadors from other regions!

[big][big]Midterm Election Results:[/big][/big]

Western Election Results:

Britariva (RP) ELECTED UNOPPOSED

Southern Election Results:

Imperium (DSP) 3 Votes (50%)

Brick Alexander (I) 3 Votes (50%)

Run-off

Imperium (DSP) 4 Votes (57.1%) ELECTED

Brick Alexander (I) 3 Votes (42.9%)

Britannian Election Results:

Kastros Drakan (OP) 4 Votes (50%) ELECTED

Obito Drakan (RP) 3 Votes (37.5%) WITHDRAWN

John Elwin (OP) 1 (12.5%)

Chancellor:

Election Results:

John Elwin (OP-HBE) 5 votes (55.6%) ELECTED

Pepe Drakan (DSP-S) 2 Votes (22.2%)

Britarvia (RP-W) 0 Votes (0%) WITHDRAWN

Note: Mytzonia Drakan and Wildeboden were declared absent.

Senate Speaker:

Election Results:

Kastros Dakan (OP-HBE) 3 Votes (60%) ELECTED

Imperium (DSP-S) 2 Votes (40%) 

Note: Pepe Drakan, RNS Drakan, Zachary Drakan, and Wildeboden were counted absent.

[im]

http://i.imgur.com/9PZLsjF.png[/img]

Chancellor: John Elwin (OP-HBE)

Vice Chancellor: Britarvia (RP-W)

Secretary of Interior: Regionia (RP-W)

Secretary of Immigration: Imperium (DSP-S)

Secretary of Culture: Gregory Drakan (I-S)

[c]

[im]

http://i.imgur.com/QuvyJj3.png[/img]

Speaker : Kastros Drakan (OP-HBE)

Speaker pro tempore: Imperium (DSP-S)

At-Large Senator: Pepe Drakan (DSP-S)

At-Large Senator: RNS Drakan (DSP-W)

At-Large Senator: John Elwin (OP-HBE)

At-Large Senator: Wildeboden (I-W) 

At-Large Senator: Mytzonia Drakan (DSP-S)

At-Large Senator: Zachary Drakan (DSP-S)

Western Senator: Britarva (RP)

Southern Senator: Imperium (DSP)

Britannian Senator: Kastros Drakan (OP)

[c]

[im]

http://i.imgur.com/k7fMzJ7.png[/img]

Chief Justice: CDland (OP-S) 

Associate Justice: Lewis vi Britannia (OP-HBE) 

Associate Justice: Jack Dredd (RP-S)

[/table]

Brief Summary of the Midterm Election

Senate

Starting off, the Western election would be nearly forgotten. Britarvia was the only one to run for the office and would win by default. The Southern election was very close as candidates Imperium and Brick Alexander were neck and neck. Imperium would win by just one vote in a run off. The Britannian election was another spectacle in its own. This election saw three candidates fighting for one seat. The candidates were Kastros, Obito, and John Elwin. John Elwin would be appointed to a senate seat prior to the election, however did not drop out. When it came to the election Kastros and Obito were tied, Obito decided to drop out leaving Kastros in the lead. It was then suggested that an unregistered candidate be entered in the race and the race went on past it's scheduled end. This was met with allegations of corruption and voter fraud which were met with fierce denial. Lewis and Daniel would step in and end the election declaring Kastros the winner.

Chancellor

With the incumbent Chancellor announcing that they would not be running for re-election the Chancellor race was left wide open. Three candidates stepped forward Britarvia, Pepe Drakan, and John Elwin. Britarvia ran for the first time in years seeking to win for the first time. Britarvia would drop out, citing that he would not have enough time for the position. Pepe Drakan sought to return to the Chancellery, however he faced stiff opposition due to his prior announcement that he would be leaving the region on April 16th. John Elwin had the ultimate opportunity as fate would have it as John Elwin would go on to be elected Chancellor.

Speaker

This election saw Incumbent Chancellor Kastros go up against Incumbent Vice Chancellor Imperium. Both candidates were given high praise for their ability to be a good speaker. Kastros would win this election narrowly, only having one more vote than Imperium. Kastros would appoint Imperum as Speaker pro tempore.

The District of the Capital is where the federal government is seated. It is not recognized as a state, but has the authority to protect itself, potentially institute self rule, and is a de facto meeting place for the states, which includes each state's official embassy within the Capital's territory. 

As of late, D.C. has become more active, and a small sect of TAS members have pledged to defend it as the "Sovereign Military Order of Taylor Swift" (---Peace be upon her.) The Delegate was also delighted to find out he could call them the SMOOTS for short.

As a result of this new organization, the Delegate sent the Order to establish order in the Western capital as it broke into civil war. This lead to the creation of the New California Republic, the fourth state. The West is currently in talks with the NCR to absorb this new state, but it is yet unclear if those will succeed. Also very recently, the Capital created its Empire of Eight Minutes, in which it sent a single unarmed soldier to invade Maryland after it was discovered Maryland was completely defenseless. Within several minutes, forces from other areas within the state of Britannia began mobilizing, resulting in a panicked retreat for the Capital forces...er, force. In addition, a soldier from Britannia attempted to defecate upon the streets of the Capital. For his efforts, he was hanged and his body was left in the air for some time as an example to all people who poop on the Capital of The Allied States.

The Delegate by law resides there so as to not show favoritism to any state, though there are whispers of which states he doesn't like (hint: all of them). 

[im]

http://orig00.deviantart.net/2b7b/f/2014/296/4/7/californian_communist_flag_by_ryukok-d83wpqm.png[/img]
[big]DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF THE WEST[/big]

The Western regime underwent a series of coups in early April. The President and dictator of the West since over a year, Pletamia, took a two week leave of absence. The states of Buxton and the Holy Britannian Empire took advantage of the leave of absence to launch a war against the West to capture 6 states of the West's territory. Meanwhile, Keventle, a citizen and previous Governor of Buxton moved to the West to take advantage of the chaos of the joint invasion and to coup the regime. However, after just one day as the new dictator Keventle stepped down, citing a work opportunity and handed the leadership of the West to CDland, also a citizen of Buxton.

CDland moved to the West to assume command of the state and to adopt a new Constitution which called for a rotating dictatorship. Each leader of the West would have the ability to rename the state and its institutions and promulgate decrees. However, the dictator terms are just two weeks and cycle through a list composed of all citizens of the West that have resided in the state for 2 weeks and have made at least 100 posts. 

President Pletamia has vowed to reclaim the state once he returns from his leave of absence. The new regime remains vulnerable to a counter-invasion from Pletamia because the County Empowerment Act passed by the Allied States Senate stipulates that troops may not be confiscated by state governments, rendering the new regime unable to confiscate Pletamia's Western troops. 

[im]

http://i.imgur.com/zQdJ8C3.png[/img]
[big]BUXTON[/big]

The State of Buxton has seen some great growth since the charismatic and willing Governor, Greg Drakan, has taken the helm with the help and consult of powerless, yet influential "king" Imperium. The South, like the Holy Britannian Empire was part of the war against the west in the absence of their leader and also regained many territories thad once lost and some new ones. Buxton also saw an influx of new comers- among them Mytzonia Drakan, the previous Prime Executor of the HBE and Governor of Pennsylvania, who deflected from the HBE after disagreements with its leadership, who has since taken control of the Texan territory. Amongst the chaos however, Buxton wasted no time in expelling former governor of the state, Regionia by general referendum.

Internally, the state of Buxton is working on writing its own legal code, Louisiana and Texas counties are working on a Railroad which they hope they will be able to sell to the rest of the state, the Capital is being moved to King's Landing (Florida County), the military is strenghthing itself once again and there is talk of the development of a Southern University. The plans for which are not yet developed.

Buxton is focused on maintaining its relationship with the HBE and is hoping that CDland can act as a liaison on the South's behalf as he helps develop the Western Government. Buxton is closely watching. 

The Holy Britannian Empire has been seeing some prosperity and celebration. With the rest war on the west they have gained new land and territories and have furthered their relations with Buxton and also with the New West in doing so. This helps to make the Empire much more connection after the big divide several months ago. Obito was once again appointed Prime Executor and won out against Regionia. However former Prime Executor Mytzonia left due to issues within the Empire. 

The Emperor and the Prime Executor are also planning on holding a ball sometime within the month or early next. It is to celebrate many things including the Emperor's 6th year anniversary in NationStates and also his 6th month anniversary of his coronation. Guests from the other states will likely be invited to help further good will and interest in the Empire with its neighbors. 

The Empire is also trying to further defend and protect States rights against the Federal Government, to varying degrees. 

Obito and Kastros were both awarded the Order of Code Geass at the rank of Knight. They are the only two to have received this award. 

Luckiest Man In TAS

John Elwin is the luckiest man in TAS. He joined the region on March 12th, 2016 after being away from NS for some time. Elwin came with a wealth of experience from is prior time in NS, mainly in the United Kingdom where he was Prime Minister and Chief Justice once. John Elwin was appointed to a vacant senate seat by Chancellor Kastros on March 23rd, 11 days after he had joined. He would run for Chancellor and win decisively against two long standing members of the region. It took John Elwin only 22 days to be elected Chancellor and reached the position in record time. His luck would not end there, in the first week NS would see a boom of newcomers from Imgur. Elwin capitalized on this opportunity by buying stamps and sending a flood of recruitment messages. TAS' NS population would grow by over 100 in a day reaching 300 nations for the first time. Only a few days later would the initial population be doubled by going from just under 200 nations to over 400 nations in less than a week putting TAS in the top 30 regions by population. One must wonder if this luck will continue and for how long. One thing is clear, John Elwin is the luckiest man in TAS.

Ambassadors Coming To Stay?

Are ambassadors coming to stay? Well it seems as though some are. In the past week TAS has seen more than one than one ambassador apply for citizenship. Solorni also known as Rach Queen of Balder applied for citizenship after being an ambassador for nearly three years. In her application she cited her love for the region and it's people as her reason for wanting to become a citizen. Her fans and friends within TAS were very happy to see that she had decided to become a citizen. William Kudrow of the United Kingdom has also applied for citizenship, he has been an ambassador for three months. He cited TAS' working economy as his reason for him applying for citizenship. TAS is more than happy to see it's incoming ambassadors stay, even if it's only for a while.

A message from the Chancellor.

Dear allies, friends and enemies (you know who you are), 

I am glad you have taken time to read our update, please make sure you thank Kastros for delivering it as he has come a long way to do so, if you can refuel him with vodka and send him back that would be great. Upon my election I wanted to take TAS in an outward direction, so that more of NationStates could see the wonderful community that I am lucky to be a part of and this is what we shall be doing more of now. If you do think your region could work together with TAS to build up a friendship please drop our ambassador a message and we will have a conversation. 

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
http://i.imgur.com/Jfkbg0J.png
[big][big][big]MAY REGIONAL UPDATE[/big][/big][/big]

[big][big]General Election Results:[/big][/big]

Election Results:

CDland (OP): 24 Votes (16.1%) ELECTED

Zachary Drakan (DSP): 23 Votes (15.4%) ELECTED

John Elwin (OP): 19 Votes (12.8%) ELECTED

Hunteiria D. (OP): 18 Votes (12.1%) ELECTED

Obito Drakan (RP): 15 Votes (10.1%) ELECTED

Scaperelli (I): 14 Votes (9.4%) ELECTED

Regionia (RP): 12 Votes (8.1%)

Wildeboden (I): 12 Votes (8.1%)

Brick Alexander (I): 9 Votes (6%)

Nosma (RP): 3 Votes (2%)

Chancellor:

Election Results:

John Elwin (OP): 7 Votes (77.8%) ELECTED

Regionia (RP) 2 Votes (22.2%)

Senate Speaker:

Election Results:

Imperium: 5 Votes (83.3%) ELECTED

Obito Drakan: 1 Vote (16.7%)

Chancellor: John Elwin (OP-HBE)

Vice Chancellor: Gregory Drakan (I-S)

Secretary of Interior: Brick Alexander (I-HBE)

Secretary of Immigration: Rhein States (BP-HBE)

Secretary of Culture: Britarvia (BP-S)

[c]

Speaker : Imperium (DSP-S)

Speaker pro tempore: Zachary Drakan (DSP-S)

At-Large Senator: CDland (OP-NCR)

At-Large Senator: Zachary Drakan (DSP-S)

At-Large Senator: John Elwin (OP-HBE)

At-Large Senator: Hunteiria D. (OP-HBE) 

At-Large Senator: Obito Drakan (RP-S)

At-Large Senator: Scaperelli (I-S)

Western Senator: Wildeboden (BP)

Southern Senator: Imperium (DSP)

Britannian Senator: Trook Washington  (RP)

[c]

Chief Justice: RNS (I-NCR) 

Associate Justice: Lewis vi Britannia (OP-HBE) 

Associate Justice: Mytzonia Drakan (DPS-S)

[/table]

Brief Summary of the General Election

Senate

This election saw 10 candidates competing for 6 seats. 9 of the 10 senators ran campaigns, CDland would be requested to run by a large portion of the region. CDland gave in to the request an would receive the most votes in the election, coming in first place. Zachary, Elwin, and Wildeboden would be the only candidates running for reelection with Zachary and Elwin winning, Wildeboden would be given the Western Senate Seat by then Senator Britarvia. Hunteiria and Obito would be elected after a brief break from the Senate. Newcomer Scaperelli impressed many with his fresh attitude and his new point of view. His focus on the economy helped him become the last Senator elected. Regionia would put on a strong campaign, racking up some support however he fell short of the mark by two votes. Brick Alexander put on yet another strong and detailed campaign where he would lay out his various positions and his reform ideas, despite this he would fail to be elected for the third election in a row. Nosma ran.

Chancellor

John Elwin would announce his intent to run for reelection early, racking up a few key endorsements. He would go unopposed until late in the cycle when newly elected Senator Obito would give up his seat to Senate Election loser Regionia so that he might run for Chancellor despite having just lost in the senate election. This move would be highly criticized by some and was a considered a subversion of democrat and the will of the people. There was some talk about the two candidates running the government together, however talks quickly broke down. Elwin would go on to win in a landslide, Regionia would quit the region for a few days before coming back.

Speaker

Imperium received near universal support in his bid for the Speaker position. Racking up a number of endorsements, including that of his predecessor. Obito would enter the race only for the sake of choice however he would vote for Imperium. Imperium would coast to victory, receiving a decisive majority.

[big]D.C.[/big]

Two new neighborhoods have been built in the capital. Potomac Heights and Brightwood now give the residents of the capital a place to live among the hustle and bustle of the city. Not much else has been done in the capital because TNR 'doesn't give a fuck'.

[big]NEW CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC[/big]

Since breaking free of the West, the New California Republic has conquered the West and reclaimed some of its former territory through diplomacy. The New California Republic now encompasses all of the regional western state; stretching from the great plains, over the Rockies, through the great Mojave, and touching the Pacific. The New California Republic has seen a fair amount of activity under it's President, Britarvia. The Army has been restored to its former glory and the Mojave Assembly has seen great activity almost rivaling the activity of the federal legislature. In all, the New California Republic has proven to be much more successful than its predecessor.

[big]BUXTON[/big]

The state of Buxton had a mixed month. The state enjoyed a great influx of new citizens and activity from the existing citizens also saw an uptick. Things took a turn, however when Hunteiria, second in line to the Brittanian throne, wanted to escape the clutches of Emperor Lewis, and bring her precious county of Virginia with her to the South. The move sparked hysteria amongst the states and a massive arms race began. Both the South and the HBE began purchasing massive amounts of arms in order to secure their positions. The HBE however, having more wealthy citizens and better diplomatic connections with the new leader of California, was able to outmaneuver the Southern opposition. Threatened with the reality of having to face a two-front war, the South entered negotiations with the HBE and the New California Republic. The Southern leadership, not able to agree to the terms presented by the two other states, was forced to abdicate their claim that Virginia should be able to stay with the South per Princess Hunteiria's wishes. A non-aggression treaty, which was drafted by the HBE PE, Free States, was signed by the three states.

Internally, the state passed marriage laws, and also appointed Mytzonia Drakan the new Attorney General. The newly appointed AG was charged with creating a legal code for the state, which will be presented to the congress once the future of the State RP is determined and agreed upon by the relevant parties.

[big]THE HOLY BRITANNIAN EMPIRE[/big]

The Empire faced large challenges in this month and was seen as an aging state on terminal decline by its rivals. The rednecks sensing the opportunity tried to take counties with support of rebels but were quickly outmaneuvered on the diplomatic front with the West changing sides. Ultimately the crisis was solved with the HBE threatening to invade the South if it refused to back down, faced with an impossible military situation, the southern leadership had no choice but to drop their aggressive plans and recognize imperial superiority leading to a peaceful solution for the crisis.

On the internal front, the month saw a change of leadership with Prime Executor Free States returning to power, there were also new additions to the House of Lords and several immigrants joined the state which will hopefully allow for the development of internal politics in the future as state RP is further developed. 

The Great Constitutional Amendment and Elections Change

A new constitution has passed and received near universal support. The goal of the new constitution was to reform the how the executive was elected and how the senate worked. The Allied States will be moving from a Parliamentary system to a Presidential system with direct elections. The Chancellor will no longer be required to be a senator. A bill passing around the same time called the 'Elections Act II' removed the state senate seat system, making all of the seats open to everyone. 

[spoiler=Great Constitutional Amendment]5th Senate,

1st Session

[big][big][big]A. B3[/big][/big][/big]

IN THE SENATE OF THE ALLIED STATES

February 27th, 2016 

Senator Imperium of Buxton introduced the following bill in the Senate Debate Chamber.

[big][big]AN ACT[/big][/big]

To Bring about a more perfect alliance through the implementation of a Presidential System

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Allied States,

Section 1. Title

This bill may be referred to as the "Great Constitution Amendment (2016) ".

Section 2. The new Constitution

(a) The Constitution of the Allied States will be replaced with the following:

[spoiler=New Constitution]

CONSTITUTION OF THE ALLIED STATES

From time to time it behooves a community to come together and to reevaluate our ideals and our goals, to form a more perfect alliance, and to dispel any shadow of discord. Therefore we, the people of The Allied States, do resolve to institute this new government to our region, that we may more happily coexist. 

Article One: The Nature of the Region

1a. The Allied States is a federal region, comprised of the greater Region, and those states as shall be apportioned by law.

1b. The States shall have self governance devolved unto them, and shall have jurisdiction within their forums to govern themselves as they see fit.

1c. The Federal Government shall have sole jurisdiction of the regional forums not governed directly by a State.

1d. The Federal Government may deem some of its laws to be of such importance that they must extend unto the states themselves. 

Article Two: The Legislative Branch

2a. All regional legislative power shall be vested in the Allied States Senate, or else to the people through referenda. 

2b. Senators shall serve for two months terms, unless they resign, are removed by legal means, or early elections called. 

2c. The Senate shall have a twin election cycle of two sessions. The General Election shall begin a new Senate’s first session, and it’s second session shall occur after the midterms. 

2d. - If early elections are called, then a General Election will be held and a new Senate constituted.

2e. The Senate may pass laws, ratify treaties, declare war, call referenda on the approval of laws, confirm Supreme Court nominations, and remove Justices by a simple majority of Senators present.

2f. The Senate may amend this Constitution, decide on the size of the Senate, make rules regarding replacement Senators, early elections, and the elections system, and call referenda on constitutional amendments by a 2/3 majority of all Senators present.

2g. The Senate may elect its officers and enact rules to govern the business of the legislative branch.

Article Three: The Executive Branch

3a. The Executive Branch shall be comprised of the ceremonial Delegate, the ceremonial Founder, and the Chancellor. 

3b. The Chancellor shall be invested with all executive power to execute the laws passed by the senate, though the Chancellor may create departments and appoint citizens to their cabinet to assist them in this.

3c. The Chancellor shall be elected during the General Elections by direct voting, and must achieve 50% plus one vote to be elected. The Chancellor shall serve for a term of 2 months, but may not serve as a member of the Senate or of the Supreme Court. 

3d. The Senate may impeach a Chancellor for dereliction of duty or some other egregious offence, requiring a ⅔ majority to impeach. If such an impeachment shall pass, there shall be an early General election called, to constitute a new Senate and elect a new Chancellor. 

3e. The Chancellor shall have the power to appoint citizens to federal offices of the cabinet, and to nominate members of the Supreme Court. Supreme Court Nominees must be confirmed by the Senate, and every Chancellor may nominate an entire court upon assuming office, although the previous court may remain constituted at the Chancellor's will. 

3f. The Chancellor may nominate a Vice Chancellor, to be confirmed by the Senate, who shall be in line for the Presidency should the Chancellor resign or fall inactive. The Vice Chancellor may also act as the Chair of the Senate when there are no officers of that body currently appointed or active. 

3g. The Chancellor may issue pardons or commutations for any federal crime, excepting Treason or Posting Pornography.

3h. The Chancellor shall sign bills into law within 3 days of their being passed, or else shall veto them. The Chancellor's veto may be overturned by a ⅔ majority vote in the Senate. If the Chancellor shall veto a constitutional amendment, only a unanimous vote of the Senate shall overrule it. Bills that are not addressed within 3 days of their being handed to the Chancellor for signature shall pass into law unsigned. 

3i. The Chancellor may create such executive orders as are necessary for the good governance of the region, these orders shall only last for the Chancellor's term and may not conflict with any other law. The orders shall have the force of law, but may be overturned by the Supreme Court, or by the objection of any 3 Senators, or 1/3 of the senate, whichever is less. 

3j. The Chancellor shall sign any passed Treaties, subject to Senate ratification.

3k.The selection and term of the World Assembly Delegate shall be prescribed by law. Both the Founder and the Delegate shall have their powers and responsibilities prescribed to them by law. 

Article Four: The Judiciary

4a. The Judicial Authority of the Allied States shall be vested in the Courts of the Allied States.

4b. The Judiciary shall be comprised of the Chief Justice and two Associate Justices, who shall be appointed by the Chancellor and Confirmed by the Senate. 

4c. No Justice shall serve as Chancellor. Nor shall any Justice serve in the Cabinet or the Senate, except with the permission of 2/3 of the Senate.

4d. The Chief Justice shall administer the Courts of the Allied States.

4e. The Supreme Court shall convene on controversies arising under this Constitution and may declare acts of the government unconstitutional.

4f. Civil and Criminal Courts shall oversee non-constitutional matters and shall pass verdicts upon the facts and laws presented, within the principles of common law.

4g. Parties may appeal judgments where new and compelling information has come to light, or a breach of rights or court protocol occur. 

Article Five: Rights of the People

5a. Nations naturalised through the process outlined by law shall be citizens.

5b. Citizens shall be liable for all actions taken within or affecting The Allied States.

5c. All citizens shall have the freedom of speech, press, religion, choice, and petition, although they shall be liable for any abuse of these rights.

5e. All citizens shall be permitted a fair and reasonably timed trial, including the rights to representation by a lawyer or themselves, and to due process of law. In the case of summary offences, no trial shall be given unless one is asked for.

5f. All citizens shall have the right to vote in elections and to run for office, unless disbarred by a court sentence.

Article Six: Powers of the People

6a. Citizens may call a referendum on bills, executive orders, and bill proposals by having 1/3 of active citizens sign and submit a petition to the courts, or 2/5 of the population in the case of constitutional amendments. 

6b. Polls for referenda shall be started within a period of 1 week after being confirmed by the courts.

6c. A General Referendum, overseen by the courts shall require a 3/5 vote in favour to pass or a 3/4 vote for constitutional amendments.

6d. The citizens may recall any elected official by popular referendum as mandated by law, with such a recall vote being triggered when at least 40% of active citizens call for it. 

Article Seven: Execution of this Constitution

7a. This Constitution is Self Executing. This Constitution, and the laws of the Allied States made pursuant to it, shall be the supreme law of the region.

Section 3. Implementation

(a) Laws passed under the old system shall persist insofar as they do not contradict the new constitution

(B) This Constitution shall take effect with the General Election of the Sixth Senate, when the first Chancellor of the new system shall be elected. The General Election of the Sixth Senate shall occur at the end of the first session of the Fifth Senate.

© At this General Election of the Sixth Senate, the entire Senate shall be reconstituted, with all Senators being elected. Those Senators that do least well shall serve only a term of one month, in order to establish the General Election/Midterm cycle.

Aye: Obito, Zach, John Elwin, CDland, Imperium, Kastros, Scaperelli, Hunteiria

Nay:

Abstain:

Not Present: Wildeboden

[spoiler=Elections Act II]5th Senate,

1st Session

[big][big][big]A. B9[/big][/big][/big]

IN THE SENATE OF THE ALLIED STATES

May 6, 2016 

Mr. Free States of the Holy Britannian Empire introduced the following bill in the Citizens' Town Hall.

[big][big]AN ACT[/big][/big]

To Re-Establish the Regional Elections System

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Allied States,

Section 1: Distribution of Seats

1a. The Senate shall have 9 seats.

1b. In the general elections, 5 senators will be elected, in the mid-terms there shall be 4 seats at stake.

Section 2: Senate Elections

2a. The elections system will be based on first past the post.

2b. No candidate running for chancellor shall be included in the poll for the senate.

2c. Each citizen shall receive a number of votes equal to the number of seats available in the election.

2d. The candidates receiving the most votes shall be elected, until all the seats available have been filled.

2e. A 24 hour runoff shall be conducted to resolve tied votes where they would affect the candidate elected to the Senate.

Section 3: Chancellor Elections

3a. The elections will be realized with a two round system.

3b. In the first round, all candidates will be included in the poll with each citizen having one vote.

3c. If any candidate achieves a 50%+1 majority, that candidate will be considered the winner.

3d. Should no candidate achieve 50%+1 in the first round, a second poll should be started with the 2 most voted candidates.

3e. Any ties shall be decided with a 24 hour tiebreaker poll.

Section 4: Recalls

4a. Should a process of recall be triggered, a 5 day registration and campaign period will be allowed.

4b. At the end of registration, voters will be faced with 2 polls. First, a poll asking whether the government official should be recalled or not. And a second poll choosing the replacement if the vote for recall is successful.

4c. In the recall of a senator, the replacement will be picked through first past the post.

4d. For chancellors, the replacement will need a 50%+1 majority, if not, a second round will be done with the 2 most voted candidates. 

Section 5: Guidelines 

5a. Early elections for all seats and the chancellery can be called by the Senate with a 2/3 supermajority or by the people with the signature of at least 2/3rd of active citizens. If early elections are called, they should be held within 10 days with at least 5 days for registration.

5b. The executive is responsible for handling and deciding the date of the elections, it has to be announced 10 days before the polls are opened. General elections shall happen every 60 days with a margin of 7 days and the mid-terms will happen 30 days after the general election, also with a margin of 7 days. Early elections shall reset the cycle.

5c. Registration shall be opened 5 days before the polls are opened, but campaigns can start before that period. When registration closes, the polls start.

5d. The ballot shall follow an alphabetical order and the party must come after the name of the candidate.

5e. All election, referendum and recall voting will be realized through forum polls. 

5f. The polls shall last at least 48 hours and can last no longer than 72 hours. 

Section 6: Special Elections

6a. In the first general election or in an early general election, all nine senate seats will be contested. The 4 candidates that do least well will face reelection at the next mid-term.

6b. The date for the first election under the new constitution shall be set by the executive and should happen 30 days after the past general elections with a margin of 7 days.

Aye: Imperium, Zachary, CDland, Kastros, Wildeboden, Hunteiria, Obito

Nay:

Abstain

Winds of Change

Comings and goings have are a part of life in NS, when regions get older some cherished members leave and some return. Two high-profile departures have happened recently. Pepe Drakan retired from NationStates last month, Pepe was a valued member of the froums and was a forum administrator. Pepe did just about everything there is in TAS from being a two time Chancellor, being a senator for months on end, and even a Hall of Famer. Keventle also retired from NationStates last month citing this his work in the real world had taken off. Keventle, bounced between being inactive and active but had most recently revitalized his home state of Buxton. With these departures, TAS has seen more than a few high profile returns. Free States has returned after a 3 month sabbatical from NationStates. Since returning, FS has returned to his Admin duties and has returned to the Prime Executor position in the HBE. Former Vice President Cashew has returned after a lengthy period of inactivity and has since become royalty within the HBE. CTI majority owner and founder Crescellia has also returned to being active. Crescellia is a former President, Senator, and Chief Justice. Most recently, Trook Washington has returned after a two year absence from the region Trook was a highly valued and very dependable member of the region he was the longest serving Secretary of the Interior in The Allied Republics. Since returning, Trook has replaced a signing senator and working on several legislative ideas.

A Senate Reborn

With the latest general election seeing several senate regulars returning and a new bight-eyed and bushy tailed face, a breath of fresh air has blown into the senate. Speaker Imperium has made use of the bill numbering system and has diligently kept track of the the bills being presented and their current status. This action has been highly praised and has made keeping track of bills much easier for the senators. 14 bills have been presented to the senate in a short period of time. Debate on these bills picked up significantly compared to the previous senate terms. 10 of the 14 bills have passed the senate, bringing much needed change to the region.