Intro: Prokiya

Hi folks! I'm Nora, I run Prokiya on NationStates. I just joined The West Pacific a week ago. I'm a preschool careworker and soon-to-be student, an enthusiast of all things human, and a Marxist. I like reading, writing, being out in nature, and having a glass at the pub. I'm interested in history and philosophy, in space and science fiction, and in pedagogy, among other things. My discord is "Nora19.", always happy to chat! I first encountered NS like more than half a decade ago but I was never very active then and didn't come back until just recently, so I'm essentially a newbie. Very happy to be here in TWP, looking forward to having fun with you all! 😄

A little bit about my nation in terms of lore, for those who are interested:

Spoiler

I was at first tempted to run my own sort of 'ideal society' but decided that this would be boring. Instead, I settled on this.

Prokiya has abolished capitalism and has instituted a planned economy, yes, but one which is not under the democratic control of the working class but under the rule of a bureaucracy which has elevated itself above the rest of society. The worker's state was significantly healthier in its early years, but today its democratic elements are limited. The sort of state ideology of Prokiya also particularly emphasizes enlightenment-like values of reason and egalitarianism. A part of this is anationalism: the Prokiye revolution promoted the use of an international constructed language, which is today the sole official language, and a common state-wide identity to supersede the patchwork of ethnic groups in the country, at least nominally grounded in the values of equality and fraternity. The results of this project were not exactly as the revolutionaries had intended: A "fraternal" anational identity dominates in the few major cities, but elsewhere the issue becomes more complex, and national identity either co-exists with the fraternal identity or supersedes it entirely.

If you participate in the roleplay, you'll hopefully be hearing more about this in the coming months from me if my application is accepted. I'm going to be traveling next week but after that I'll have a couple free weeks before my studies pick up and I'll have time to be more active. My intention is to first of all explore what kind of people live in Prokiya today, the different philosophical trends and political currents which run amok in the country, and then sketch out a general overview of its last century or so of history. From there I think I'll have a very good base to participate in the less self-centered international roleplay as well.