TWPChooses #23

Giovanniland

A different life:  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be reborn...

• into the past?
    • into the future?

I would live in he future when we have good body modification technology (and its widely accepted). I think I would also like to live somewhere in space on an artificial world. Like a flywheel space station or a ring world. That way I can live in a place where we have full control of nature so we can enjoy all of its benefits without any of its downsides.

Although I find history very interesting, I wouldn't want to live in the past. There are many things that have improved over time, a great example is medicine. I don't think we will stop making progress, so a rebirth in the future sounds promising. However, because of the unpredictability, I wouldn't want to be reborn in the distant future. I would choose some point between 2040 and 2060.

Well obviously it depends how far in the past and what time period and such, put I’d rather be born in the past, without hesitation. For one thing, we don’t know what the future holds. Literally anything could happen. Secondly, I am a straight white male living in Canada so I have a pretty decent chance of doing fine lol.

I think something that drives me away from the being reborn in the future option is that: we don't know what it will bring, the chances are to be born into a better enviroment or a considerably worse one. While a lot of both good and bad things have happened in the past that we already know of.

This also depends if; you're able to choose how far into the future/past you would be reborn, to get rid of that element of uncertanty you could play it safe and do not soo far into the future or not soo uh past into the past (if that made sense). If the time you're sent forward or backwards was random i think id much rather just not be reborn into either.

9 hours ago, Federation of Inner Ryxtylopia said:

This also depends if; you're able to choose how far into the future/past you would be reborn, to get rid of that element of uncertanty you could play it safe and do not soo far into the future or not soo uh past into the past (if that made sense). If the time you're sent forward or backwards was random i think id much rather just not be reborn into either.

A time within human history (not solely recorded history, but ever since the human species has existed since around 300,000 years ago), to be clear. 

For me it'd be the past, it'd be interesting to live as my ancestors from centuries ago lived, or even in an entirely different culture from antiquity or the classical age (Rome, China, Persia, Greece, Mesoamerica, Egypt would all be good choices).

Of course those periods of time had issues of their own, such as diseases that are easily cured now. Though it's not like we all live on a paradise either, there are hardships no matter when one lives. I like reading about how people lived, though that only comes from limited evidence that we have now, so if it were possible living personally there would be certainly a different experience.