I've got free time, so, here's an unofficial story about the foundation of Candelù.

Shortly after the unexpected fall of the Italian Republic, the peninsula got divided, like it had in the past. It turned into a shattered land, made up by small states led by families that were part of the city's bourgeoisie.

The various wars about these states aren't what I'm going to focus on, so let's talk about the main protagonist of the story, shall we?

At the time, Candelù wasn't more than a small fraction of the land owned by Venice. In fact, it remained under Venetian control until the fall of the Venetian Republic itself.

After this event, one of the villages tried to take over; its name was Breda.

Breda was a heavily weaponized city in the Venetian era; its people were experts when it came to weapons: guns, bows, crossbows, even melee weapons—they had it all. It was a threat to everyone in the region.

One of the cities most at risk was Candelù itself. At the time, Candelù was just a small village, specialized in everything related to art. Painting, music, architecture—Candelù was simply full of works of art; it focused so much on culture that it didn't even have an army.

In this time, where war was almost certain, art wouldn't be what could save them. That's why they reached out to another city close by for help; that city was Maserada.

Maserada was the opposite of Candelù, having almost no history as it was one of the newest Venetian cities, made shortly before the fall of the Republic, though it was almost as weaponized as Breda. People from maserada were expert blacksmiths; they created the best weapons present on the Peninsula.

At first, both the leader and the people of Maserada weren't positive about supporting Candelù, fearing that, after the inevitable fall of the city, they'd become the main objective of Breda.

Eventually, the alliance was signed. Breda saw this as a threat to its power, so the leader moved the army closer to the border with Candelù. War was about to begin, and Candelù formed its first ever army, made up of a very small number of volunteers.

Breda eventually launched a massive attack, but the united forces of Candelù and Maserada proved to be too strong. With their combined strength and skills, they were able to defeat the enemy and protect their Cities.

Breda was then defeated and annexed to Candelù.

After years of collaboration, the government of Maserada organized a referendum, supported by Candelù, proposing to join the city to receive economic aid in exchange for their fighting and smithing skills.

The final vote resulted in a "yes," and, to date, the autonomous region of Maserada is still part of Candelù's Empire, being the second most populated region.

PS. Remember, i made this out of free time, sorry if this isn't clear or if it has grammar-related errors, i'm still studying to make my english better 🫡

Long live the Emperor.

image.thumb.png.a8d51e404281fceac432a72634f59e64.png