NationStates Republic

punkdaddy

Well, with the reset we do need to address how we wish to proceed with the NSR. It is alive an well, we have a number of committed regions and a number of committed players. Myself, Tweedy, and ED are admins on the forums and currently a member of Atriegas, People United Together, is the President.

I think as a region we should continue to remain in this alliance as I see that there are still continued benefits to be had. But, I wanted to start a discussion on this and also offer a link to the current forums which you will note are much more active than our own forums were before the reset:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/nationstatesrepublic/index.php?

Thank you for bringing NSR up, it's been on my mind.

IMO, we should continue our relationship with NSR. I support continuing our existing interregional relationships. But I also would llike to see us put more effort into TWP as a priority over putting effort into interregional activities. We won't be a long-term effective partner in NSR unless we rebuild here at home.

As our new military comes together, I'd like to have opportunities for us to work with the NSR Volunteers. I've worked with PUT a little bit already, and I think he's done a good job so far, but the Volunteers appear to be pretty green while the raider members want to raid rather than wargame (from my one IRC visit with them). I appreciate the work that you, ED and Tweedy have done there...but to be honest I'd like to see more of you around here :P My only real concern with NSR is that it would detract from TWP and drain our few natural resources. On the other hand, I support each player in doing what works best for them and allows them to enjoy the game.

What is the status of our activity there ? Are you still VP ? Are our House of Lords seats all filled ? It's three seats we have isn't it ? Does that include the Delegate's seat in the HoL, or is it in addition ? Has Yy participated, or is he even interested ? I've appreciated PUT's updates on NSR, but it doesn't reflect TWP's participation specifically.

Westwind, I completely agree that more needs to be done here in TWP...completely agree. However, I think a reset here in TWP was needed to resuscitate the offsite forums and we're definitely seeing the fruit of this.

I am currently VP which is more of a ceremonial role, but I am looking to become president. I don't believe this will hamper my efforts here. I am also running for AG in TNP and hope to win that election. We'll see on both fronts, but my first priority is here in TWP but over the past few months not much day-to-day was required, Since ED's change of the Constitution, I'm not quite sure how many HoL members we have and what the max is, I'm afraid. The NSR is also working on revamping its constitution too. Many in the NSR are trying to separate TWP and the NSR since the two were synonymous at one point, but it's been months, almost a year since TWP and NSR were linked from a governmental standpoint.

I also agree that we should strive to keep our interregional relationships but what I'm struggling with is how we can maintain activity. We've got other threads for that discussion, but we do need to figure out what kind of government we're going to have & from there we can look at our alliances.

Good luck with your NSR and TNP candidacies :)

Separting TWP and NSR into clearly separate entities is something I was glad to see. I figured that ED's change would have resolved it for both ends, didn't know there was still any remenants of the connection. I did express a concern over some wording in the NSR constitution proposal that appears to limit our delegate's ability to freely banject as needed. PUT tried to put my concerns at rest, but I'm not convinced. I just think it's a Feederite/Userite difference in understanding the use of the ban button.

At this point, I think the priority is getting new and/or experienced players active here in building a new future. We've got a start here, but it's really quite fragile at this point. Then we can take that activity and build a new government.

I'd like to see more comments from Yy, but as some of us know, the Delegacy is a full time job in itself.

True that, but as with all things, this can change. Maybe not as extreme as some of you might like, change nonetheless. I have a good idea what players are capable of doing what and intend to "direct" them towards various goals that make use of their particular talents. This in itself creates an "active" environment and utilizes talents from all involved. The older more experienced players should think of themselves as mentors to all the newer players as this will also be conducive to a more comfortable environment for active gameplay. Practice makes perfect(more or less), and I am learning on the fly(I like it that way) and have yet to really produce negative results(or am I fooling myself?).

I've evolved more into an in-game player as well. It's simpler that way, and that's where the real game is. :P If NS would just add telegram storage space, and multi-threaded RMBs we'd be all set. But, there's still need for regional communitiies to have a place to plan and interact beyond the game until then.

Now if we can get the newer players to take their place as the future leaders that they are....

According to what I could find on the NSR fourms, Tweedy is our only listed member of the House of Lords of the NSR, although as Delegate, Yy should be a member by default.

all delegates of the republic are automatically members of the House of Lords regardless of other requirements.

A member Delegate/founder may choose two additional nations from his/her region to sit in the House of Lords.

So I suspect we need to fill at least that one seat.