Ike's Consult in Prime Minister Election

Uh, I'm a member of the HGA but not included in the voting list. Why?

Your nation is not on TWP, or was not by the time the vote started. As per the Regional Assembly act:

3. The Regional Assembly membership shall be open to all forum members that have a nation within the West Pacific region of NationStates.

Hence you are currently - or were at the moment if you happened to have moves your nation back - an active member of the HGA.

Tomb happened to have a similar situation, as his nation has CTEd and was not a part of TWP at the start of the voting.

I have splited this posts from the Election thread to avoid further spamming on that one and be able to discuss it here.

So, Ike, basically, as per the laws, you are currently not elegible to vote in the election since, at the time the voting opened, you didn't had a registered nation in TWP, which is the only requisite to belong to the HGA. This is, when I checked the nation you HAD signed into the HGA with, that nation was no longer a TWP nation, but instead, a TEP nation, and hence you didn't met the requirements to be a part of the HGA. The same thing happened to other members who had their nations CTEd, and hence were removed from the elegible nations to vote in this election. When this happens, I list this nations/members in the roster as INACTIVE or FORMER members, in order to make it easier to list them back, should they sign in again for the HGA.

These are the laws this is based on:

From the The Regional Assembly of Nations of The West Pacific Act:

3. The Regional Assembly membership shall be open to all forum members that have a nation within the West Pacific region of NationStates.

i. In certain exceptional circumstances, membership to the Regional Assembly can be granted to a prospective member without a nation in the West Pacific. In these circumstances, prospective members that cannot provide a nation will be required to prove to the standing Regional Assembly why they cannot provide a nation. Should the standing Regional Assembly deem this to be an acceptable reason, membership shall be granted by a majority vote of the standing Regional Assembly.

ii. Non-voting 'Observer' status may also be granted to those whom cannot, or do not wish to, provide a nation in the West Pacific. 'Observer' status will be granted upon a majority vote of the standing Regional Assembly.

a) Members with 'Observer' status may give opinions on Assembly matters within the chambers of the Regional Assembly but do not have voting privileges.

From the General Election Guidelines Act

5. Only members of the RA at the start of the voting period are eligible to vote during the election; in case that a run-off election is required, new members who joined the RA after the original voting period will remain ineligible to vote.

My records for you showed this registration into the HGA:

Ike from The Father of the Revolution of Ikania

And from the nation's happenings:

"4 days ago: Ikania relocated from The West Pacific to The East Pacific."

You mentioned a different TWP nation you own, but that one has never been listed, from the records I have access to, as yours publicly, hence why it was not possible for the HGA to note it as your TWP nation for membership into the HGA...

And since it is part of my duties as Speaker, I maintain the roster, removing whoever does not meets the requirements prior to votes or elections. My advise on this is that, if you have a nation that you actually move around often, you should sign in into the HGA (in this thread: CLICK) with a static nation that never moves off TWP. Or if you gonna change your nation, you simply need to post there so that I can update the records.

Understandable, Elegarth. However, I note that the rules state that "The Regional Assembly membership shall be open to all forum members that have a nation within the West Pacific region of NationStates." Therefore, it is only required to have a nation in the region, not to have a single nation in particular. It is understandable why you removed Ikania from the roster originally, seeing as how you were not aware of the fact that he had changed his TWP nation, but seeing as how you are now aware of the fact that Ikania does, in fact, have a nation within the region, could you add him back to the roster?

Thank you for listening to my petition.

Understandable, Elegarth. However, I note that the rules state that "The Regional Assembly membership shall be open to all forum members that have a nation within the West Pacific region of NationStates." Therefore, it is only required to have a nation in the region, not to have a single nation in particular. It is understandable why you removed Ikania from the roster originally, seeing as how you were not aware of the fact that he had changed his TWP nation, but seeing as how you are now aware of the fact that Ikania does, in fact, have a nation within the region, could you add him back to the roster?

Thank you for listening to my petition.

Sure, once he signs-in, and he will still be non-elegible to vote in this election.

Sure, once he signs-in, and he will still be non-elegible to vote in this election.

This hardly sounds like the most fair course of action. Ike is a citizen of this region, he has contributed, and he has a right to make his voice heard. Furthermore, the law does not say that he has to keep the exact same nation in the region, it simply says that he has to have at least one nation within the region, which he does. Therefore, he has not lost his seat in the HGA, and he has a right to have his voice heard. Disenfranchising a voter simply because they forgot to mention a trivial detail before elections hardly seems fair.

So anyone who has never signed in but has a long standing nation that belongs to TWP should be handled the same? You are trying to set up a VERY dangerous precedent, man.... Please provide me the logical legal support for this, then. The current request you are doing will imply any of the 6000 nations that reside in TWP should NOT be subject to the current logical interpretation of the law.

------------------------------------

Alterenatively...

We could just re-establish active membership of the 2 people that were removed previously to this election being opened, and have make ammends (recreating their nation or updating their actual member nation). But we would URGENTLY require to set up those rules clearly on the act, through a modification, to prevent future issues... That involves, Tomb (CTEd) and Ike (no nation reported), since I'm applying the SAME LEGAL ARGUMENT for both at the same time... Feux was also removed but his nations remains CTEd.

It concerns me, since any would require subjective argumentation ("it was just that he forgot", "don't be unfair", etc)

-------------------------------------

I'd like other opinions instead of Llamas election-involved opinion and mine (who am also election-involved).

NVM, I've checked some legal documents about this sort of membership issues and the issue is that OUR laws are not properly set up in this respect. Due to this, since the error is in the law and not in the member, the resolution should be given IN FAVOR of the member, hence, please have Ike sign in the thread with his active TWP nation, and he will be elegible to vote in this election.

The same CAN'T apply to those who CTEd, however, since they really DID NOT HAD a nation on TWP whatsoever.

CLOSED!