The Allied States

Hashirama

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay guys, we just had elections last week and our newly elected President and newly elected WA Delegate are taking a while to compile the new report. It should be ready in the coming days. I apologize that it's taking so long.

Regional Insider - March 2013
The Allied Republics

Current Administration:

President: Lewis and Daniel
WA Delegate: Monico
VP & Culture: Tatu Rama
Secretary of State: German Shepherds
Secretary of Defense: Obito
Secretary of Treasury: The Northern Republic
Secretary of Recruitment: (Vacant)
Attorney General: (Vacant)[/big]

The Supreme Court:

Chief Justice: Crescellia
Associate Justice: (Vacant)
Associate Justice: South Soul

The Senate:

Seat 1: Imperium Londinium (Speaker)
Seat 2: Sethanon
Seat 3: Akasi Chin
Seat 4: Trook
Seat 5: Mikanada
Seat 6: New Lehi
Seat 7: Britarvia
Seat 8: Saltpans
Seat 9: Vacant
Seat 10: Libertarian Washington
Seat 12: Robertsonstan

*Recent Happenings*

General Elections: Most recently, we just underwent through Delegate, Presidential, and Senatorial elections! The Delegate candidates were Monico & Britarvia, both great active politicians and regional contributors. The victor turned out to be Monico, with 20 votes to 11. That same day, a presidential election like no other occurred. It was the first time in TAR's history that 2 presidential run-offs occurred in the same elections! Excitement arouse throughout the region as Imperium L. and Lewis & D. tied, making Libertarian Washington (3rd candidate) the most voted candidate. But since no clear winner was decided, Imperium had to run with Lewis in the run-offs, which Lewis won. Then, another presidential run-offs were established with just Lewis and Libertarian Washington, and at the end of elections, Lewis clearly won with 17 votes to 12! As for senate elections, Trook, Obito, Saltpans, Robertsonstan, and Sethanon were each elected/re-elected to a senate seat.

Regional Alliances:The current administration has been currently working on achieving pacifistic neutrality and re-alliance. Throughout the whole week, they've been getting in contact with influential regional leaders and figure heads. Currently, alliances is what they're mainly focused on, and recognition from NS internationally. If you're an embbassy-established region and would like to have a formal alliance with TAR, please contact the regional WA Delegate, Monico.

*International Message*

Lewis & Daniel, President of TAR: "Hello everyone, I am greatly glad to be speaking to you today. As you may know or will come to know our region, The Allied Republics, recently had our General Election in which I was elected to serve as our new President. It is a great honor. In my term as President I hope to help foster and improve the relations of our foreign allies. I also hope to attend or host a State Visits with some of you doing my term. In internal affairs I hope to improve our recruitment and our military and to also boost our regional economy and the attendance of our University. Among many other things. I hope that our relations will bloom even more than they have. thank you"

President of the Allied Republics

Monico, WA Delegate of TAR: "Greetings! It's been a pleasure representing TAR this past couple of weeks. All of our alliances are awesome! We're actually planning on extending that alliance list though. Please come to me if you're interested in having a strong ally by your side. In the near future, I want to set up an official meeting between all of our regional leaders to discuss the diversity of our regions, our culture, and our issues. Together, I ill work with a experienced team of ambassadors to tighten foreign relations. Thank you for spending some of your time reading this. Have a fantastical month!"

WA Delegate of the Allied Republics

• 3 months later...

Regional Insider - July 2013

THE ALLIED REPUBLICS

by Delegate Obito

Current Administration:

President: The Northern Republic

Vice President & Defense: Icamera

WA Delegate: Obito

Secretary of State: Novumbega

Secretary of Treasury: Mytzonia

Attorney General: Imperium

The Supreme Court:

Chief Justice: Bacilli

Associate Justice: South Soul

Associate Justice: Lelvona

The Senate:

Seat 1: Andune

Seat 2: Free States

Seat 3: Monico

Seat 4: S-RS Meinhardt

Seat 5: Tatu Rama

Seat 6: Western Timpetotia

Seat 7: Conserlan

Seat 8: Trook

Seat 9: Ryfin

Political Parties:

Conservative Party - 31% of government officials

Affilitated Independents - 31% of government officials

United Left - 5% of government officials

Republican Party - 5% of government officials

Free Democratic Party - 5% of government officials

Independent (no party affiliation) - 15% of government officials

*Recent Happenings*

General Elections: Recently we had our General Elections, which included the election of the President, Delegate, and Senate. The Northern Republic, incumbent president defeated both Trook and Conserlan to win re-election as the President of TAR! Meanwhile, in the Delegate election, Obito, an accomplished senator ran an uncontested election to victory! The senate elections however proved to be not as smooth. Andune, Free States, and Mytzonia were all elected senators, though Mytzonia appointed a replacement when he was made Secretary of the Treasury. Monico now sits in for Mytzonia until the Midterm elections in July. There was then a runoff between S-RS Meinhardt, Sethanon, and Tatu Rama for the remaining 2 seats at stake. S-RS Meinhardt was elected during the first runoff, but a second runoff is required to decide who wins the final seat. The second runoff is between Sethanon and Tatu Rama, and is currently still ongoing.

Return of the Titans!: June was the month of returning stars, for The Allied Republics! Early in June, our former President Icamera returned from a 5 month long hiatus. Later in June, our former WA Delegate Monico returned from a 3 month long hiatus. A few days later, our former Speaker of the Senate and former presidential candidate Libertarian Washington returned from a 3 month hiatus. And finally, most recently, our former Chief Justice Crescellia returned from a 3 month long hiatus. All of which were welcomed with open arms as the region rejoiced in the return of our veterans!

A Great, but Not So Great Month of June: Although June was the joyous month of the return of many of our veteran members, some moments in June were not as easy going. Early in June our region faced internal strife when our home region of The Allied Republics split into two for a few days, during which time our founder had some disagreements with the elected government of The Allied Republics. Some nations decided to create their own region "New TAR" to rebel, but ultimately things were worked out between the two parties. A few weeks later, our region faced slight panic again when it was the victim of a one-person raid by a nation named "Nicosso" and his army of illegal WA puppets. They had raided the region one night, in hopes to create chaos, and nearly take control of the delegacy. Thankfully our Delegate, Obito, as well as a few other nations were online to put a stop to the raid. Delegate Obito banned and ejected the raiding nations, and had Founder Uciniple password protect the region. With the help of Delegate Obito, Founder Uciniple, and others: Novumbega, Monico, Libertarian Washington, and Britarvia, the region was saved from any possible further threat!

*International Message*

Obito, WA Delegate of The Allied Republics: "Ciao! Thank you for reading our monthly Regional Insider! As you can see in the *Recent Happenings*, my first week as WA Delegate of The Allied Republics has been very busy, but also very enjoyable! I'm very happy to be serving as The Allied Republics' leader of foreign affairs! Our ambassador program is active once again, and strong in man power. Activity within the region has also skyrocketed once again, which brings me joy, and brings our region prosperity. Over the next month or so, I plan to continue strengthening our ties with our embassy established regions, and I will also be looking for potential mergers. If you're an ambassador or delegate from another region and would like to contact me, please do not hesitate to send me a telegram! Ci vediamo!"

The Northern Republic, President of The Allied Republics: "Hello, I share the same enthusiasm with our Italian speaking Delegate for reading this issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine... oh, er... I mean the Regional Insider! The executive branch of TAR is operating under a new injection of energy in order to make a bigger impact on our own internal affairs, especially in light of recent legislative deadlock due to continuing run off elections for the Senate. I am ecstatic to be able to represent the region once again as TAR's President, and am even happier to finally be able to contribute to the Regional Insider! I would like to thank you, the reader, for taking time out of your day to listen to us weirdos talk about our region. Contact between regions is always necessary to maintain warm relations, and especially for our citizens to cross borders, so to speak, and earn friends and allies in other regions, which is very important to TAR's government and TAR's citizens. I would continue, but I don't want to bore you (too late?), and the Vice President is calling me, yelling about "THE ALIENS" again, so for now I'll say until next time! May I extend my sincere hope that your region too, is well."

Icamera, Vice President of The Allied Republics: "I am The Northern Republic's Vice President, partially because I wanted to get back into politics after taking a six-month hiatus from The Allied Republics, and partially because The Northern Republic secretly implanted a chip into my brain. Now that I've returned, I have resumed my intense recruitment efforts -- bringing in over 20 new members within only a couple of weeks, with even more on the way -- so we'll hopefully have a lot more new faces around TAR by next month! The President has also appointed me to the position of Secretary of Defense, from which I intend to initiate some major reforms to spur increased military participation and activity; for example, the re-opening of the Defense Council Military Academy to educate our troops. Our Senate elections have now finished, and we're looking forward to the rekindled progress by our legislative branch. Hope you'll hear more of us from Delegate Obito or one of our other ambassadors!"

[big]

• 3 months later...

[big][big][big]The Allied Republics[/big][/big][/big]

[big]September 2013 | Regional Envoy[/big]

ximc.jpg

[big]

10ᵀᴴ Republics' Government

[/big][big][/big]

Executive Branch
President - The Northern Republic
Vice President - Icamera
WA Delegate - Tatu Rama
Secretary of State - Lewis & Daniel
Secretary of Defense - Icamera
Secretary of Treasury - Mytzonia
Attorney General - Vacant

Supreme Court
Chief Justice - Bacilli
Associate Justice - South Soul
Associate Justice - Imperium Londinium

Senate
- Andune
- Emmannuel Bassil
- Crescellia
- Obito
- Libertarian Washington
- Hunteiria
- New Lafayette
- New Lehi
- Lewis and Daniel

[big]

Politics

[/big]

Political Party Representation:

Republican Party (RP) (22%),
Free Democratic Party (FDP) (22%),
Death to Sanity Party (DSP) (12%),
Imperial Democratic Party (IDP) (12%),
Independents (I) (22%)

Elections
The month of September ended with important elections. First off was the scheduled Mid-term Election for the Senate in which 7 seats in the legislature are contested. 10 candidates campaigned for a week before the elections and the elections officially opened at 11:15 AM EST on September 29 and continued until 11:14 AM EST on October 2nd. The results are as follows:

6gar.png

Congratulations to Lehi, New Lafayette, Crescellia, Libertarian Washington, Hunteiria, Obito, Lewis & Daniel for their victory in the elections!
WA Delegate Britarvia also resigned from his position in the middle of his term, prompting a special Delegate election. Only one candidate ran: Tatu Rama. The voting tally was 14 for Tatu Rama's election and 6 against with 20 total votes cast.

Constitutional Convention
There is serious talk in the Allied Republics over the divisive topic of changing the constitution. Several nations support a shorter, simpler constitution that contains only the principles and general structure of the region. They argue that the constitution is far too long and complicated for it to be effective and comprehensive. An unofficial constitutional convention opened up in which a draft of the potential new document was written. However, regional conservatives fiercely oppose any drastic change to the region's constitution, arguing that a new one would destroy months of hard work. Despite drawing widespread attention, the Allied Republics' government has yet to act on the issue.

Further reading:
The Allied Republics' Constitution - http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/topic/7590096/1/#new
Convention - http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/topic/9189394/1/#new
Discussion - http://w11.zetaboards.com/Allied_Republics/topic/9163597/6/#new

[big]Role Playing[/big]

Active Role Plays

Supranational Confederation
In the Upper World Council, the Prince of Mytzonia calls for the condemnation of New Lafayette for military training exercises in Patagonia, South America. These exercises have distressed several American nations, most notably the Union of Free States. Across the Atlantic, several European nations express their concern for these possibly hostile exercises and have moved for the condemnation. However, New Lafayette continues to defend itself, claiming that the military movements were merely for training purposes and that they are approved by the Patagonian people. As the issue turns more and more polemic, military action seems imminent.

END OF DISPATCH

• 4 weeks later...

[big][big][big]The Allied Republics[/big][/big][/big]

[big]October 2013 | Regional Envoy[/big]

ximc.jpg

[big]

11ᵀᴴ Republics' Government

[/big]

Executive Branch
President - Crescellia
Vice President - Sethanon
WA Delegate - Tatu Rama
Secretary of State - Daniel J. I. Stewart
Secretary of Defense - Lewis & Daniel
Secretary of Treasury - Mytzonia
Attorney General - Bacilli

Supreme Court
Chief Justice - Imperium Londinium
Associate Justice - Western Timpetotia
Associate Justice - Andune

Senate
- Hunteiria
- Free States
- Brick Country
- Robertsonstan
- Kevo
- Obito
- Libertarian Washington
- New Lafayette
- Vacant

[big]

Politics

[/big]

Political Party Representation:

Republican Party (RP) (28%),
Free Democratic Party (FDP) (17%),
Death to Sanity Party (DSP) (17%),
Imperial Democratic Party (IDP) (22%),
Independents (I) (22%)

---------------------------------------------------------------

[big]

General Elections

[/big]

Presidential Elections

The Allied Republics elected its 11th government during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of October. The elections for president were highly contested. The first official election started with Crescellia, Western Timpetotia, Libertarian Washington, and Mytzonia all vying for the highest office in the region. The results of the first round of voting are as follows:

[bgcolor=yellow]Crescellia (I) + Sethanon Drakan (DSP) = 9 votes (33.3%)[/bgcolor]
Western Timpetotia (FDP) + Bacilli (I) = 5 votes (18.5%)
[bgcolor=yellow]Libertarian Washington (RP) + Hunteiria (IDP) = 10 votes (37%)[/bgcolor]
Mytzonia (I) + Andune (I) = 3 votes (11.1%)

A run-off election was held to decide the winner with Crescellia and Libertarian Washington running. The second round of voting was even more intense with Crescellia winning by a single vote cast when the election was coming to a close. The results are as follows:

[bgcolor=yellow]Crescellia (I) + Sethanon Drakan (DSP) = 17 votes (51.5%)[/bgcolor]
Libertarian Washington (RP) + Hunteiria (IDP) = 16 votes (48.5%)

Congratulations to Crescellia, the 7th President of the Allied Republics!

Senate Elections

In other news, the 11th Senate was elected. Kevo, Robertsonstan, Brick Country, Raskaga, Daniel J. I. Stewart, and Free States all announced their candidacy and ran for 4 seats in the Senate. The results of the election are as follows:

[bgcolor=yellow]Kevo (RP) = 14 votes (13.9%)
Robertsonstan (RP) = 14 votes (13.9%)
Brick Country (RP) = 20 votes (19.8%)[/bgcolor]
Ragaska (I) = 10 votes (9.9%)
[bgcolor=yellow]Daniel J. I. Stewart (IDP) = 21 votes (20.8%)
Free States (IDP = 22 votes (21.8%)[/bgcolor]

Initially, Free States, Daniel J.I. Stewart, Brick Country all won their seats in the Senate with Kevo and Robertsonstan tied for the 4th chair. However, Daniel J.I. Stewart decided to give up his seat to be the Secretary of State, allowing both Kevo and Robertsonstan to be elected. Congratulations to the newly elected senators of the 11th Republics' Senate!

Delegate Elections

The delegate election were also ongoing. The incumbent Tatu Rama and newcomer Ragaska ran for the office. The results are as follows:

[bgcolor=yellow]Tatu Rama (FDP) = 23 votes (82.1%)[/bgcolor]
Ragaska (I) = 5 votes (17.9%)

Congratulations to Tatu Rama for his second term!

---------------------------------------------------------------

[big]Regional News[/big]

CyberNations
Involvement in CyberNations has grown exponentially in the Allied Republics. Many nations were persuaded into trying out the game by Crescellia, who would get a hefty bonus for bringing in new players. Crescellia opened an alliance in CyberNations, the Allied Republics, which grew steadily as more and more NS players made accounts on CN. Currently, the alliance is 15 nations strong and has attracted some attention. After turning down a merger proposal, the CN Allied Republics was approached by Aesis, a leader of another alliance, who offered much needed advice and requested and received a forum embassy for his alliance. The future of the CN Allied Republics remains uncertain but many nations see it with optimism.

Military Deployment
On October 26th, Delegate Tatu Rama requested military deployment of the TAR military into the region Antarctic Alliance. The Allied Republics and the AA had maintained amicable relations recently, negotiating a possible treaty between the two. However, the Alliance of Dictators began moving nations into the Antarctic Alliance, causing the delegate, Freechrist to banject them and to request military support from the Allied Republics. The TAR Defense Council responded by sending 5 WA troopers in hopes of supporting Freechrist until the threat level decreased. Eventually it did and the TAR troops were called back.

[big]Quote of the Month!

[/big]
>Hunteiria D: I like cute boxers that I steal from my ex boyfriends....they are fun to sleep in
>TNR Drakan: Hunteiria, that's more disturbing than you know.
>Tatu R. Bassil: 0_0

END OF REPORT

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, if it does bug you I'm sorry, next time I will try to get rid of the formatting that doesn't work to make it look better.

Also here is a link to The Messenger a popular newspaper in The Allied Republics, that you might want to read to get an update on things in the region and just have some fun.

http://thetarmessenger.blogspot.com/