Hello, marhaban, annyeong, Guten Tag, privyet!

I noticed that many new forum members around here introduce themselves when they first join, and I haven't done that yet, so...

Hello! I represent the Democratic Co-Kingdom of Zogradia, a nation run by two kings with a fair hand (or two) in the middle of the Philippine Sea with an alright economy, but a strong spirit! I just wanted to say "hello" to all my neighbors*!

:twpflag:

*Neighbors was a metaphor, Zogradia is an island nation.

Island nations rejoice!

Zogradia has a lot of Arabic cultural influence, which is why Zogradiaball is often seen wearing a keffiyeh. We're also part Russian, German and Korean.

(BTW: Qatar isn't an island nation [bahrain is, though])

Waaaaaat? It does!

You say “Koekjes zijn lekker,” not “Jij bent lekker...”

Well, I mean unless you're a cannibal or a sphynx.

welkom, lekker om jou te ontmoet. 

In Dutch: Welcome, yummy to you to meets.

I would say Welkom, leuk je te ontmoeten.

Then again, some of the weirdness has to do with the fact that Afrikaans doesn't conjugates verbs and Dutch does.

Waaaaaat? It does!

You say “Koekjes zijn lekker,” not “Jij bent lekker...”

Well, I mean unless you're a cannibal or a sphynx.

In Dutch: Welcome, yummy to you to meets.

I would say Welkom, leuk je te ontmoeten.

Then again, some of the weirdness has to do with the fact that Afrikaans doesn't conjugates verbs and Dutch does.

Or maybe I wanted to see Welcome, yummy to meet you o.o maybe I'm hungry. >.> hmmm? 

Lekker means nice. For example, lekker eet (have a nice meal) <--not exactly a direct translation, but it essentially means that. We can be very lazy with words. Also lekker dag (have a nice day). You have to pay attention to the sentence context.  

pfft, now that I think on it, I should have just said  "Welkom, Bly te kenne." Though that is more formal for my taste. The previous statement was the informal way.