(Uitreiking Één) Hariko's Vraagesprek

Hariko

An Interview with the Deputy Advocate of Internal Affairs

[region]The West Pacific[/region] | by [nation=short]United RussoAsia[/nation], Editor-In Chief

To continue with the article about [nation=short]Elegarth[/nation], an interview with [nation=short]Hariko[/nation]:

[box]URAP: Well, it certainly is odd talking to you in any kind of a formal context, so I guess we'll just do our best and play it by ear.

Hariko: Yeah, I guess so. So, let's start.

Alright, well. First off, I think our audience may not know exactly who you are, so would you mind providing a brief history of yourself in-game?

I founded my nation on 3 September 2013 after one of my coworkers on a Minecraft server I used to help out with started talking about it. I was curious, so I checked out the site and decided to make a nation. I kept a low profile, just answering issues, but got bored after a while and my nation CTE'd last spring. After having a falling out with one of my friends, I decided to rejoin NationStates to give it another try in early January. Of course, things changed while I was gone, so I was a little shocked. I also noticed this kid running around getting hit on the head with a Spanish dictionary, so I guess I started talking with him on the RMB. (We all know who he is.) Then, still a n00b, I almost ended up going to TRR, but cleaned up my act and started to be more participatory. So yeah. Now I'm a DA for the Voice.

Quite a tale, and one many may relate to. Now, I think we're all wondering a little here, and you certainly aren't Elegarth, but what do you think got you into the position of Deputy Advocate?

I guess Elegarth wanted to give me some more experience in government because I turned down my nomination for Advocate. Maybe he thinks I have some leadership skills that he'd like to hone. I'm not quite sure what he has in plan for me. But for now, I'll do my best to get more people participating in TWP and make this a fun place to be in. After all, it's my job, as the head of the Office of Internal Affairs.

We really need someone to do that and do it well. So, I'm curious; do you have any history with this kind of thing?

On NationStates, no, but on that server I was talking about before, I was the senior moderator, so I had to deal with trolls, small children, adult children, megalomaniacs, as well as organizing events and filling out paperwork. I do feel like I know what I'm doing, though. It's strangely familiar.

Well, now that you have the position, what's your main goal for your term?

WORLD DOMINATION!

No, just kidding. For now. (Dun Dun Dun!)

Anyway, my goal is to increase participation in the Voice and revive our comatose Roleplay department. But as for a more concrete goal, I'd like to organise the Factbook Contest, Fiction Festival, and one more event (I'm open to suggestions) before the end of summer.

Sounds fun, and I've seen how effective you are. you did in fact edit this entire paper. I digress. How do you plan to change TWP?

I'm very happy with how TWP is right now, although I'll be recruiting new nations to the Voice through one-on-one telegrams with the new nations that stick around in TWP. I'd also like to make the region more comfortable with the Delegate and Guardians, because it seems that some people are wary or afraid of them because of their sheer power. And I understand that, they can be scary when they're angry, but they're human and just like you and me. I'll likely be doing some Meet the Guardians events in the summer. The newbies are more cooperative when they feel that they're safe and have a sense of belonging here.

And you? What do you think of the new Guardians?

I think they're quite nice and I'm peers with most them, if not friends. However, watch out for Yy4u and Elegarth; one bites and the other wants all your mustard, haha.

Occupational hazard, I'm afraid. And for the sake of the audience, would you say you align with one side or the other of the raider/defender scale?

*sigh*

For the audience, huh?

Well, I don't identify with either. I prefer isolationism, but will defend my region if it comes under attack. After all, this is my community.

Nice. Finally, any last words?

Please don't kill me!

Have no fear, we're friendly here! Well I am always happy to talk to you, and it was great to have a chance to speak with you in detail about your thoughts, opinions, and etc. I would love to have you back!

Thanks, Russo. Good luck with your Delegacy and newspaper!

And with your Deputy Advocacy.]About the Journalist

@United RussoAsia is the editor-in-chief of Dass Nachrichten, and the Deputy Advocate of Media for the TWP forum government. He is also the incoming Delegate in-game, and has a fondness for turtles... “I like turtles!”...sorry. He's got several nicknames; URA, Russo, and the DoomCricket God, to name a few.

United Russoasia is a Future-Tech nation with universal nationwide WiFi service and plenty of soju. Send him a telegram at https://www.nationstates.net/page=compose_telegram?tgto=United Russoasia.©2015 Dass Nachrichten[/box][/size