Flag design and programs

Hey TWP, 

I’ve been looking to redesign my flag, anyone have any programs, websites or general design ideas for a flag. Looking for some program simple but with large amount of possibilities.
thanks

There's a channel in the Discord where you can request help with flag designs, and I'm sure several people in the region would be happy to help. As far as programs, GIMP is a good free image manipulator. Pixlr.com is simpler, but it can also work, depending on your needs.

I started trying to figure out gimp--it's definitely powerful enough and has enough features for whatever you might need. In my case I found the learning curve a bit steep, but I didn't invest too much time into it, and usually I could find a youtube tutorial or a help page somewhere each time I got stumped. 

Paint.net is another free tool I've heard a lot about. I've never used it, but I would say just the amount of rpers I know who do stands as a recommendation of its own.

If you want to work on a flag specifically, I would recommend inkscape (and in general). I switched from gimp to inkscape when I began to realize that it suited my needs better--the key difference is that it's a vector editing program (rather than raster editing, like gimp.) This means that rather than dealing with pixels, you're dealing with paths and nodes and objects. It was a bit of a mental switch at first, but I think once you understand the basic way it works you'll get the hang of it pretty quick. The nice thing about vector software is that whatever you create can scale without losing quality, which makes it good for making things like flags or logos (you wouldn't edit a photo in inkscape).

Inkscape is also free, which for me is a biggie. And you'll find a bunch of twpers use it, so there's people to ask questions to (which can be more personalized and useful sometimes than trying to google answers). In fact, probably any logo or flag or graphic you've seen on either of our discord servers, or on TWP's in-game dispatches, or as the regional flag, are all probably done in inkscape.