Announcement: Delegacy Succession

Westwind

twpmil1_westwind2.jpg

--= From the Desk of The Grand Inquisitor of The Sacred Order of The West Pacific Imperium =--
--=Westwind of All Good People =--

Greetings Nations of The West Pacific !

Everyday I am honored to be able to serve as your Delegate, The efforts of each and every one of you contributes to building the future for our community and region.  Doing the job of the Delegate is only one part in the symphony of a region's life. Thank you all, for everything you do. :tiphat:

Our regional concepts have roots in Francoist thought.  We have had our own style of Francoist Revolution through our history in order to prevent the old cycles of exploitation and conflict.  The results have been successful.

- Together we have maintained our traditions and defended our ideals.  

- We have provided opportunity for nations old and new.  

- Our community and region is secure. 

- Our relations with the NS world are peaceful.

- We participate with our friends around NS in Military and Intelligence affairs.

- Our forum and it's community has grown and continues to develop,

- and our Government has been flexible to our needs as they change, without barriers to citizenship.

We walk toward the future on a solid path for West Pacific values.

I would take this opportunity to also give this advice to our future:  Constitutions and Charters can be fascinating works of community cooperation, and many enjoy the process of debating their creation. But in NationStates communities they too easily become a trap to the region and it's players. Process should never become a roadblock to progress in our region.  Former Delegate Shasoria acknowledged this failure in TWP:

"...we were becoming trapped in our own Constitution.  Our evolution had stopped short of what we truly aspired to be."

It is always my hope that the top priority for every West Pacifican will be TWP itself.  Our community, our region, is more important than a government or external alliances. And it's well-being is not dependent on any 'side' in Gameplay factions.  Our strength comes from all of us together, and our greatness comes from our efforts.  We all share in the achievements that we work together to attain.  Each of you is a key resource of The West Pacific.

As to the point of this announcement.....

From time to time I receive a question by telegram or pm, "When are elections?" or "How long is your term?".  And the answer that I've given is that the term of the Delegate is traditionally a year. 

But then, why would anyone expect me to be 'traditional'?  I will tell you today, that I intend to step down from the Delegacy in 2014.

There have been times when The West Pacific has had elections for Delegate, and there are times when the Delegate selected his/her successor.  When I became Delegate last year, I made it a part of my agenda to watch for and seek out a successor to appoint.  I had a number of qualifications in mind while on my search.  I know what the job entails, and how active the Delegate must be in order to be able to ensure the region's security.  I knew that it must be someone that has TWP as their top priority.  I wanted someone that has not served as Delegate before.  I wanted someone evil enough to be intolerant of the travesty of adspam and trolls on the RMB, without any hint of remorse at the idea of banjecting trolls, nazis and spammers.

But there was one problem in my search.

My successor is Pro-Marsupial !  :blink: 

I announce to you the successor to the Delegacy , Cardinal Guardian Most Evil of Bhang Bhang Duc

:wine: 

Signed, 1 April, in the year of our Sacred Order of Two Thousand Fourteen:

Westwind

All Good People

Delegate of The West Pacific

You may be surprised Vlagh...

Finally! the BBD will sit in the delegate chair. A BBD delegacy should be quite interesting and I wish you good luck. Westwind has and continues to serve this region well. 

We've had a good run of stable delegacies for some time. 

You may be surprised Vlagh...

True.

Finally! the BBD will sit in the delegate chair. A BBD delegacy should be quite interesting and I wish you good luck. Westwind has and continues to serve this region well. 

Thanks PD - it's been a long time coming and I needed a bit of persuading, but I'm looking forward to sitting in the Big Chair.

You picked an odd day to make such an announcement...

That was the fun part.

But no foolin', BBD will be my successor.

I am fairly certain that I know what your first act as Delegate would be...

Your expectations are based on a valid premise, but I believe you'll find PD's statement is correct.

In May, you'll be the longest serving delegate in TWP.

Yes, it is indeed my goal to be the longest serving TWP Delegate.  Exactly how long, only time will tell. Norion is longest, and was Delegate when Westwind was Founded in TWP.

*chuckles*  More stable than many give us credit for, having read some of the recent silly threads in Gameplay.

Well, since it's not a joke, then I'll say its a shame to see you step down Westwind, you've been a truly excellent Delegate and the effort you give to this region is truly admirable.

That said, my congratulations to BBD, and I do have every confidence that he'll prove to be an excellent leader in his own right.

I'm not a racist. I am currently sitting in a bar with a man who lives quite near Wales. - Jeremy Clarkson

Well, at least I won't be first out the door then.  But, if the premise is valid then one has to wonder about second or third actions. :P

Let's put the cards on the table.  As BBD I don't like you, I have never forgiven your behaviour on TWP's forums when you were Minister of Security  during the WPT (or was it WPD, can never remember the correct acronym).  And if that weasel Unistrut was here he'd be getting the same treatment from me as well.

However, removing the BBD mask for a moment, in RL I have managed large and small teams of people for over 30 years and I'm pretty good at it.  One thing I learnt very early on is that you do not use a position of power or authority to settle scores.  Your team doesn't respect you for it and you end up looking like a bully.  In the end it diminishes any trust people have in you and without trust you are toast.

So once I'm in the Big Chair you can rest assured my real-life skills will be used.  As much as I, as BBD, would like to boot you between the posts at Cardiff Arms Park, those urges will be kept in check.  Play fair with me and I will play fair with you.  I will be polite and listen to your point of view as much as any other member of TWP.

So any questions?

Now now lads, the time for this was once in the ring of fire. 

*Starts the jukebox to play Johnny Cash Ring of Fire*

Congrats BBD, splendid choice West. 

True power is not given, it's earned and that certainly is this day!

Thank you everyone for your congratulations and support.  We've yet to decide exactly when I'll take over - we've found in the past that setting a particular doesn't work.  What we'll probaly do this time is set a date from which I will be working to incease my endos, eventually gaining enough to take over the Delegacy.