Foreign Affairs Needs You!, Sign-up as an TWP Ambassador

Westwind

Well, I must say that you would all make good ambassadors. I hope you get your chance to prove your loyalty to TWP in service. Unfortunately, it seems that the ambassador program is at a critical crossroads; while I support reforming and rebuilding the diplomatic service, Milograd has repeatedly denigrated the program and said he believes it to be useless. It seems that should he take office, there is a very good chance that he would completely dissolve the ambassador corps. I sincerely hope, for all our sakes, that this does not happen. The ambassador corps is crucial to our diplomatic and foreign policy, and dismantling it would be a major mistake.

Foreign affairs is extremely important IMO. Even if it's not for the reasons you might think. I also think URA's enthusiasm would be great for this department. With the right mentoring, he would make an excellent MoFA.

Some, not too little time ago, we had an update on the remaining Ambassadors for TWP had and it seemed as if there were quite a few willing to take on the task, even if the emcumbents were 'old hands'.  How many do we need and where are they needed?

Some, not too little time ago, we had an update on the remaining Ambassadors for TWP had and it seemed as if there were quite a few willing to take on the task, even if the emcumbents were 'old hands'.  How many do we need and where are they needed?

It really depends on how many people we get. If worst comes to worst, we can make do with only a handful to send to the GCR's, but that's not my goal; what I'd really prefer is to have enough to send one out to most of the major UCRs as well, such as XKI, LKE, etc.

I guess I might as well express my interest now--correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like applying here will actually do anything for the moment. All the same, I would like to be able to help with TWP's foreign affairs whenever it becomes possible. I will be the first to admit, however, I know next to nothing about it. Is there a way I could be set up with a mentor to show me the ropes? Or for a less demanding solution: someone near the top (or at least someone who knows a bit about things) could just send me a couple detailed telegrams about not only my role, but about the bigger picture of our foreign relations?

I guess I might as well express my interest now--correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like applying here will actually do anything for the moment. All the same, I would like to be able to help with TWP's foreign affairs whenever it becomes possible. I will be the first to admit, however, I know next to nothing about it. Is there a way I could be set up with a mentor to show me the ropes? Or for a less demanding solution: someone near the top (or at least someone who knows a bit about things) could just send me a couple detailed telegrams about not only my role, but about the bigger picture of our foreign relations?

I'd be glad to help mentor you personally, and I'm sure that whoever becomes Minister of Foreign Affairs would do the same, as long as the Ambassador Corps are not dissolved.