Osiris

Westwind

osistandard.png

Declaration of War
Against the People's Republic of Lazarus

"Go endotart man, I'm starting to get ideas." Under normal circumstances, this comment could be taken as a jest made in poor taste. When it comes from General Aperi of the Lazarene Liberation Army, also known as former Senator Karpathos of the New Pacific Order, it must be taken more seriously. Not only is Aperi the commanding General of the Lazarene Liberation Army, he has a history of hostility and aggression against Feeders and Sinkers, including but by no means limited to Osiris. Under the pseudonym Lint Roller, Aperi was assisting and supporting Milograd in his coup d'etat against the Coalition of the South Pacific in April 2013, even while Osiris and the imperialists he and the People's Republic of Lazarus so despise were working to liberate The South Pacific.

Indeed, this is by no means the only hostile and aggressive action that Aperi was known for throughout his time in the New Pacific Order. He was banned from several regional IRC channels, including the Osiran channel, for persistent harassment of various individuals. It was Aperi, as a Senator of the New Pacific Order, who was responsible for creating the anti-imperialist propaganda that was later used as justification for the purge of imperialist citizens from Lazarus by former Delegate Feux, also a Senator of the New Pacific Order, which was announced by Senator A Mean Old Man rather than by Lazarene officials. Although this anti-imperialism would later become the basis of both the New Pacific Order's and the People's Republic of Lazarus' foreign policy, its origins lie in Aperi's attempts to scapegoat imperialists as well as The Black Hawks and Equilism for his own sabotage of a 2013 multiregional operation against NAZI EUROPE.

Since the end of the July 2013 coup d'etat by Gatesville Inc in Osiris, Aperi has also engaged in persistent defamation of and hostility toward the governments of Osiris as well as our allies in the Realm of Balder and the member regions of the United Imperial Armed Forces due to the outcome of that coup. Even this summary of Aperi's recent hostile behavior is not exhaustive, nor does it cover aggressive and hostile action he committed against other Feeders and Sinkers on behalf of the New Pacific Order or on his own initiative prior to 2013.

Although it may be uncomfortable for some regions to acknowledge, this threatening comment by General Aperi is just the latest demonstration of hostility and disregard for the sovereignty of other Feeders and Sinkers from the People's Republic of Lazarus. The foundation of the People's Republic is built on former Delegate Feux's premeditated, legally questionable, and unquestionably tyrannical purge of loyal citizens from Lazarus based on their ideology and other regional affiliations. The People's Republic doubled down on tyranny by adopting an authoritarian communist regime and accepting Milograd as Chairman and Delegate just a few short months after his treason against The South Pacific, treachery that was assisted by Aperi.

The People's Republic of Lazarus has also provocatively not only harbored, but promoted individuals with a long record of hostility and aggression against Osiris, until now without official comment from the Osiris Fraternal Order. Former Chairman Milograd appointed Dalimbar to serve as his Governor of Diplomacy, the equivalent of Minister of Foreign Affairs in many regions, very shortly after establishment of the Osiris Fraternal Order and Dalimbar's exile from Osiris. This was followed by former Chairman Kazmr's appointment of New Kervoskia as Governor of Information, responsible for publication of The Lazarene Gazette, the official anti-imperialist propaganda of the People's Republic.

Both Dalimbar and New Kervoskia are well known members of the paramilitary terrorist organization known as The Empire, exiled from Osiris by the Osiris Fraternal Order on 10 December 2013. Both participated in the brief December 2012 coup d'etat against Osiris as rogue Delegates during that coup, and both participated in the subversion and obstruction of the government of Detective Figs (Astarial) during Fall 2013. Dalimbar has never publicly withdrawn his opposition to the Osiris Fraternal Order or his commitment to its overthrow, made clear in the days following the Fraternal Order's establishment. It should be noted that both Dalimbar and New Kersovkia have also taken aggressive actions, including coups d'etat, against other Feeders and Sinkers over the years.

Finally, there is the matter of current Chairman Funkadelia's hostility against allies of the Osiris Fraternal Order which led to our decision to sever all diplomatic relations with the People's Republic on 10 June 2014. As a candidate for Chairman, Funkadelia would not rule out the use of force against imperialist regions, including our ally Balder with which we share the closest of bonds through the Imperial Sovereign Realms Army, as well as other imperialist allies. The People's Republic argued at the time that we had misinterpreted the Chairman's statement, because the Lazarene Liberation Army is prohibited from invading other regions. With so many high profile officials involved in aggression against Feeders and Sinkers, this alleged commitment to non-aggression against its fellow Game-Created Regions rings hollow. Indeed, perhaps someone should inform General Aperi that the Lazarene Liberation Army cannot invade other regions, as he has observed a relatively low endorsement count here in Osiris and is "starting to get ideas."

The Osiris Fraternal Order will now respond to this threat that General Aperi has made against Osiris, as well as the broader threat that the People's Republic of Lazarus has posed since its inception against Balder, against our other allies, against a free, democratic, and peaceful world, and most importantly against the sovereignty and security of Osiris herself. For far too long the world has been content to ignore the numerous elected and appointed officials who have committed acts of aggression, treason, and war against multiple Feeders and Sinkers. These officials have been proudly placed on display as the finest and most prominent citizens the People's Republic has to offer. The Osiris Fraternal Order will no longer tolerate this parade of tyrants the People's Republic of Lazarus has thrust upon the world and expected that we would accept. Osiris will not accept this latest provocation.

Therefore, by constitutional declaration of the Pharaoh of Osiris and with the Deshret of Osiris concurring, the Osiris Fraternal Order hereby declares war against the People's Republic of Lazarus.

cormacsig.png
Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order

osismall.png

Statement from the Osiris Fraternal Order
On the 2014 Regional Sovereignty Conference

It has been brought to the attention of the Osiris Fraternal Order that the first three days of the 2014 Regional Sovereignty Conference, to be hosted by the People's Republic of Lazarus and scheduled to begin today, will focus on the war declared against the People's Republic by the Fraternal Order just days ago on 28 August 2014. The Osiris Fraternal Order has warned since the day this conference was announced that this conference is not about regional sovereignty, but about bolstering the Lazarene dictatorship. The devotion of the first three days of this conference to a war in which several conference attendees wish to remain neutral has confirmed the truth of that warning.

Having become clear that this conference will not be about the broader topic of regional sovereignty, but very specifically about the sovereignty of the Lazarene dictatorship, the Osiris Fraternal Order urges all planned attendees to reconsider their participation. It is not the fault of planned attendees that the People's Republic has given them no input into the conference's agenda, but it will be the fault of every attendee if they allow themselves to be roped into an agenda that will force them into alignment with one side of a complex conflict.

It must be emphasized that the Osiris Fraternal Order does not and cannot consider closed door war planning with the People's Republic of Lazarus representative of a neutral position in regard to this war. Should regions with which the Osiris Fraternal Order maintains relations choose to attend the 2014 Regional Sovereignty Conference, the Fraternal Order will evaluate the status of relations with such regions on a case by case basis according to the strength of our relations as well as the status of relations between such regions and the People's Republic. To clearly communicate this message, this statement will be delivered to the embassies of all planned conference attendees with which the Osiris Fraternal Order maintains relations.

As we have made clear in communication to friends and allies, the Osiris Fraternal Order will respect a position of neutrality in regard to this war. We do not seek to pressure non-aligned regions to enter this conflict. Nonetheless, we will not tolerate behind the scenes planning with our enemy, the Lazarene dictatorship, and maintain any pretense of friendship with regions involved in such planning and seeking to strengthen ties with the People's Republic of Lazarus. You do not have to be with us, but we will not tolerate maintenance of relations with those who choose to align against us.

cormacsig.png
Pharaoh of the Osiris Fraternal Order

Certainly, if the sovereignty of Lazarus is being placed into jeopardy by the actions of Osiris then it is wholly topical to discuss this within a conference designed and expressed as a means of securing said sovereignty?

Claiming that the besieged party should not utilize the platforms available to them to speak out against what is truly a comical display by Osiris seems a bit absurd.  But, that is par for the course it seems these days.

Should regions with which the Osiris Fraternal Order maintains relations choose to attend the 2014 Regional Sovereignty Conference, the Fraternal Order will evaluate the status of relations with such regions on a case by case basis according to the strength of our relations as well as the status of relations between such regions and the People's Republic.

You should know, especially after my conversation with NES, that I respond poorly to threats.  It was your declaration of war, not ours.  If your region chooses to sever relations with TWP for not supporting Cormac's personal grudge against Karp, despite our ideological, political and military similarities in almost all other areas, you are a bunch of idiots. 

Clear enough?

I wasn't aware that information on the conference was public knowledge? I have certainly been interested in what will be discussed... interesting.

A conference on regional sovreignty becoming a war confererence. Stranger things have happened but what should be remembered that each region is just that: sovereign and not beholden to any others.

You should know, especially after my conversation with NES, that I respond poorly to threats.  It was your declaration of war, not ours.  If your region chooses to sever relations with TWP for not supporting Cormac's personal grudge against Karp, despite our ideological, political and military similarities in almost all other areas, you are a bunch of idiots. 

Clear enough?

Clear as crystal, Delegate. Osiris has closed its embassy with The West Pacific and we consider relations between our regions terminated. You may close our embassy whenever you wish.

I'm sorry that it has come to this. We enjoyed the strongest relations our regions have ever shared under your predecessor, but your preference for our enemies has unfortunately reversed all progress that was made.

Sometimes, a region's desire to start a war becomes so strong that they betray all the principles they previously held dear.  This is what has happened in Osiris, in my opinion.  They may succeed in causing widespread proxy wars as seems to be their desire.  However, TWP will only participate in military action which benefits it's own self interest.  Osiris will not push this region into a war for either side.

Sometimes, a region's desire to start a war becomes so strong that they betray all the principles they previously held dear.  This is what has happened in Osiris, in my opinion.  They may succeed in causing widespread proxy wars as seems to be their desire.  However, TWP will only participate in military action which benefits it's own self interest.  Osiris will not push this region into a war for either side.

I'm not sure what principles Osiris is supposed to have betrayed. Given that you've stated this not only here but on our RMB, forcing me to cut RMB cross-posting for the first time since it was implemented, would you care to elaborate, or would you prefer to continue speaking in vague generalizations that don't mean anything but make it sound like you have the high ground?

Additionally, we haven't attempted to push anyone into a war for our side. We have simply asked regions to remain neutral, rather than dismissing what we've been saying as silly and petty in public while preparing to go have a serious, substantive, and secret discussion about the war with our enemy. We're not asking anyone to take our side, we're asking our supposed "friends" not to turn their backs on us, or perhaps more appropriately, not to stab us in ours when we're not looking.

betray all the principles they previously held dear

This implies that Osiris has ever had principles instead of just being a disaster for the past year.

I am agreed with BBD, Cormac can fight his war against defender inactivity by himself.

Edit: I'll add that this is the first misstep that you have made, Cormac, your strategy up until this point has been perfect.

Edited by Intelligent Holograms

After a good night's sleep and three cups of coffee, I have posted this on the RMB and ask the off-site community to help in keeping things in perspective.  At least until things are settled here with your structure.  Then, if you elect or appoint someone who says to hell with calm, go for it.  lol

I have had a little time to mull over this situation.

I think we have to take a step back and remember that TWP has always respected the rule of the seated Delegate in any region, but especially in GCRs. We also have a unique governing system in the region which divides the off site and in-game governments. Osiris' Delegate has chosen to terminate all relations with both in-game and off site governments. It is perfectly within their Delegate's right to do so. It doesn't matter if it was done because of a personal dislike of me or an attempt to force neutral regions to choose sides in their strange war or because the sky is blue and roo poo is mostly brown. It was done.

Now both regions must live with the sadness that comes when friends become isolated from one another. But we have BB's beer, chocolate and spiced rum so we are better equipt to handle the sadness. The off site community is still in it's newest stages and has not even chosen who will lead them, so their sadness is accompanied by confusion, I imagine. They will need wine as well as the above mentioned aides. Please be generous with them.

In happier news, there is no reason to believe that anything else has changed. Our region continues to enjoy exellent cooperative relationships with all of our treaty partners (see them in the dispatches above) and very friendly relationships with every other region in the NSverse. Chin up, TWP. The crankiness of Osiris will pass.

All right, I'm going to throw my cents in here. Firstly, I'm an Osiran first regardless of whatever government currently is heading Osiris. Secondly, I like TWP. Thirdly, I'm staying out of the war but by principle must support Osiris and as well that I think that conflict is great at times.

I posted in Osiris in the announcement of this statement "I don't think we should sever ties with TWP."

Regardless of opinion of Osiris stance and opinion's on Cormac's behavior and words, I hope TWP will not condemn Osiris in it's entirety. I will do my personal best as a citizen of Osiris to change the government's position towards TWP, but I cannot guarantee success as I am not Pharaoh nor in government aside from the Deshret.