A Letter From The Tsar

Crystalline Palace

25 Apocalypse Avenue

Great Parndon, Greater Parndon

13th March 1423

Dear Nation...

This letter has been sent to your house personally by the Tsar of the Confederal Kingdom of Hertfordshire and Jammbo. This will also have reached the house of every resident in the nation. Within this letter you will find updates and reassurances about the latest happenings within the Crystalline Palace, Mamono Hall (on Genesis Avenue) and the Verkhovna Anglia.

Ever since the Hertfordia Wars came to its final conclusion in 1401, the Hertfordshire and Jammbo that was forged in the aftermath has recovered far quicker than anyone would have expected. It may no longer be at the heights of its time as the Hertmerian Empire that once spanned between a third and a half of Andolia, but this ice-covered land has entered a genesis and is enjoying some of its best years. The astounding success in the sporting field, including becoming the champions of the 1st Rugby World Cup and the T20 World Cup, should be the biggest proof of that. We have even introduced a new alphabet to better reflect the original scripture used by the peoples of centuries gone by.

However, in recent weeks, I have been stuck in a deadlock with the Verkhovna Anglia over the issue of the Prime Minister. In 1419, the nation elected Demyan Sahaidachny as Prime Minister, however he was later ousted after he had been found guilty of fraud in relation to his campaign, having stolen most of his campaign ideas from his nephew Clarkov Sahaidachny who was suddenly thrust into the position on account of archaic laws passed long ago. I have been supporting him ever since that day in doing the job and he has performed exceptionally well even with how absurdly shy this boy is, which is why he never comes out for public announcements. Though this is true, he is still a teenager. He became Prime Minister at the age of 12 and is currently 15. The lack of age limit may work in sports where he has achieved gold and silver medals in Javelin and may be the greatest javelinist in Esferos right now, but it does not work in politics.

With that in mind, I have issued a royal decree that amends the rules of the requirements that need to be met in order to run for the office of Prime Minister. From today, the minimum age for a Prime Minister is 25 years old.

To add to this, I must announce the desire of Prime Minister Clarkov Sahaidachny to resign from his post with immediate effect on the 20th March 1423 due to stress and the age issue. His last act in office is to hold a referendum on the system of government, having noticed the feud between myself and members of the Verkhovna Anglia. This will be held in two stages, the first as seen here:

1669986304_HJGovernmentSystemReferendum1.thumb.png.0cffd067eeea4b071460f1a4482b2c87.png

This leaflet will be arriving at your house within the next week. To address a potential concern with the current system, I am fully aware of the citizenry's general opposition to the existence of political parties while at the same time desiring a choice in who leads this country, and thus have included the options of 'absolute monarchy', 'ceremonial monarchy' and 'abolition of the monarchy' on the second stage of the referendum if we do reach that stage.

If Hertfordshire and Jammbo does decide to abolish the monarchy and opt for a Confederal Republic, then this will be my last letter to you. If so, then I thank you all for allowing me to preside over the last ages of the Tsardom.

Sincerely,

Tsar Mecislavs Deben I

• Clarkov changed the title to A Letter From The Tsar
  • 2 weeks later...

Furutani 'Glacier' Shrine

70 Genesis Avenue

Fukuoka, Greater Parndon

24th March 1423

Dear Hertfordshire and Jammbo.

This is a quick update letter from the outgoing Prime Minister Clarkov Sahaidachny.

If you received the letter from the Tsar, who may also be leaving his post depending on the results of this referendum, then you'll be aware that this is my last act as the head of the government. I really shouldn't have been in this position at all. I'm 15. The Tsar has been a massive help in running the country alongside other activities such as being what some claim to be Esferos' best javelin player. Yet when I somehow ended up in office at the age of 12 due to archaic laws, there was quite rightly outrage among some. I'm honestly surprised a coup d'etat was never performed against me.

Regardless, below you can find the results of the first round of the referendum on the system of government in Hertfordshire and Jammbo. The second round started at 00:00 AMT/01:00 HST on the 20th March 1423.

image.thumb.png.836f9e5e2fd1ca5272c996d5cf39507c.png

The deadline for submission of votes is 00:00 AMT/01:00 HST on the 25th March 2023. This shorter voting period is a consequence of the decision of Hertfordshire and Jammbo to attend the 4th Rugby World Cup in Dalimbar, all the way on the other side of the world in northern Polaris.

image.thumb.png.782307b00720103b3b94b08f629ceeaa.png

I'm pleased to have been able to hold office. My resignation will come into effect at the same time this referendum closes. Tsar Mecislavs will announce the results the following day and, if necessary, the new head of state.

From,

Clarkov Sahaidachny