Strategos Prime

Westwind

I just wanted to note that I have spoken with the Founder of Strategos Prime about the AdSpam for their region that was recently posted on our RMB.  He was not aware that such AdSpam was being posted - it was not authorized.  As a result, I will not be closing our ingame Embassy with them.

As a further note, the nation that made the AdSpam post, Loyal One, departed TWP for The Ancient Empires of The World and has remained there since.

I understand the need for us to be angry about this. I can't justify it to myself outside of knowing that I should be angry about it.

That said, I believe it can be very difficult to control members when there is essentially nothing to stop them from striking out on their own. If anything, we should be happy these fuckers aren't recruiting for their own independent regions where they could reap the fruits of.their indiscriminate efforts. They'd have no incentive to stop, were that the case, and I imagine that would be more difficult to tolerate.

Still, and regardless of my less than caring attitude towards the initial efforts, a clear signal must be sent, as the community has already begun to do. Indiscriminate recruitment is not something with which we can abide, and if we are to oppose it, we ought to look towards a more... permanent solution to the quandary.

Would not a international treaty or an agreement to certain recruitment standards under the new telegrams rules be a good start in this regard? Something that outlines clear and definite repercussions? A choice of expulsion of the offending member, or severance of diplomatic relations, ingame or otherwise, with the offending region by all signatories?

If given leave, I could begin preliminary drafting of such a treaty.

I imagine, at the very least, that would give these motherfuckers pause in their endeavors. It would also negate any benefit they could hope to attain from their work.

Though, it may cost Max Barry some coin.

*nods* I'd certainly welcome efforts to help curb the problem. As Delegate, I have been maintaining this policy:

Regions that maintain an Ingame Embassy with The West Pacific and engage in Mass Recruitment Telegram campaigns that are not limited to new nations in TWP, will have their Embassy immediately closed in formal protest.  Further actions may be taken by the TWP Government as may be found to be appropriate to the situation.

I originally brought up this issue here:

http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/450-mass-recruitment-telegrams/

I don't block recruitment tg's so I know when we've been hit with one.  I then contact those regions to advise them of our policy.  I'd hoped to see the Concillium expand on this, so I would be interested in seeing a draft treaty/agreement and/or policy.

As you say, a region cannot control the actions of it's nations, but it can set policy and it can take action when appropriate.  I tend to take apologies at face value (unless circumstances show otherwise) as I recognize individual player soverignty of action and it's correllary of responsibility for that action. 

I recognize the need for recruitment, so I'm not bothered by mass recruitment to new nations.  But those nations that have chosen to stay in TWP should have their decision to make this their home respected. 

For the same reason, I also object to UCR to UCR recruitment except as a tool of conflict.