A Political Earthquake

Prelude

February 14th, 1423 - 8:50 AM - The office of Partalí News, Ryxenia.

It was a calm day for the employees of Partalí in Ryxenia, they had just finished the morning radio broadcast, and they prepared to go home, when suddenly the phone at the reception starts ringing.

The receptionist answers; "Hello? You've called the office of Partalí News, how may i help you?"

The voice comming over the phone sounded serious, like if he was in a hurry; "Listen here, i don't think you will be able to comprehend the magnitude of the situation at play... its something this country has never seen before"

The receptionist, confused, asks; "Uh sir, mind letting me know who this call is from first...?"

The response was unexpected; "Im Ryxas Fanil, secretary of the sub-director of the Department of Internal Investigation. This is really important, i need you to difuse the knews right now, the people need to know!"

The receptionist, still confused, asked, "Wait, what news? Sir, we already finished the morning radio broadcast a few minutes ago."

"No, no, you don't get the magnitude of this, this might be the biggest scandal in modern ryxtylopian history, 9 billion ryxes in public funds have gone into private pockets, if not more." Mentions Ryxas with a serious tone.

The receptionist stays quiet for a second before telling Ryxas; "Hold on give me a second ill call my boss..." As he grabs his phone to call his boss, who was congratulating the broadcasters after a solid day.

After a bit the director of Partalí goes downstairs after the call from the receptionist...

February 15th, 1423 - 9:00AM - All of the country.

The morning Partalí broadcast had just passed, and thousands, if not millions were shocked; a tsunami of leaked documents had surfaced from the Department of Internal Investigation, a Sub-Department of the Secretary of Internal Affairs dedicated primarily to fighting corruption.

According to the leaks from an "anonymous source" about 9 billion ryxes (about 850 million dollars for reference) in public funds from different goverment departments and the treasury had been stolen by politicians over a span of just 6-8 months.

The fact that DII hadn't revealed that information to the public earlier, and had kept it secret caused an outrage amongst the public and parties opposed to the current goverment.

February 15th, 1423 - 9:15AM - Head Office of the Department of Internal Investigation, Ryxenia.

A man rushes into the office of the director of the DII, it was the sub-director of the department: Andreís di Arrvaínga, he barged into the office of his boss, clearly tired of taking the long flight of stairs in a rush.

The Director of the DII: Pincalo Givacha looked at him confused, as he asked; "Andreís, what happened?"

Andreís, catching his breath answered; "Sir... Sir... its been leaked, Partalí leaked the papers this morning..."

Pincalo, confused, stood up and firmly asked; "What papers?"

"The Farryvás papers sir... I have no idea who spilled the Aqui'xel but someone did and, unfortunatley for us, Partalí got their hands on it" Responded Andreís.

Pincalo, stood silent, before quickly hurrying to a filing cabinet in the corner of his office, and saying; "Quickly, search for the documents, and i want you to take them FAR AWAY from this department, ill call Farryvás, time is of the essence, we still have time to conduct damage control before the public goes nuts."

"Yes sir!" Andreís leaves the office, rushing for the archives.

As he took in the situation, Pincalo called his wife, without saying hello, he told her; "Listen here, there's no time, SELL THE HOUSE, get our passports and documents in order, ill find a hotel to stay at after you sell the house, there's no time to explain, but you must hurry"

He hang up, then called the governor of Pestalpa: Farryvás Vizchaca.

"Hello?"

Quickly Pincalo said; "They've been leaked, you need to get ready for a storm..." He then proceded to explain the situation.

February 16th, 1423 - 11:00AM - The DII office in Pinilaca, Pestalpa.

A crowd gathered outside of the DII office, it was about 60-70 strong, and they weren't happy, they were holding signs and angrily blocking entrance to the office, after a bit the crowd started to grow, first to 100, then 200 people, by mid-day it was about 350 strong, they had the office staff sieged not letting anyone in or out until further information was released.

"Pincalo became head of the DII, just about a year ago! What has he been doing in this time?!" Uttered a protester, pointing out that most of the high-ranking staff in the DII had only been working for a bit over a year.

Unfortunatley for the protesters by 12:40, police had arrived, in riot gear, they ordered the protesters to disperse and leave the entrance of the DII office, at this point more protesters joined, while the less commited ones complied with the police orders.

Still about 300 protesters remained, and stood in a line paralel of the police line, that started advancing towards them, armored police cars showed up and started spraying the protesters with water cannons in front of the news cameras.

February 17th, 1423 - 8:00AM - Head Office of the Department of Internal Investigation, Ryxenia.

Andreís walks into his bosse's office, Pincalo was storing some papers, as he asked; "And so, what did Farryvás say?"

Pincalo sighs and responds; "He is trying to hide the evidence in the Pestalpan DII, and informing others we got involved in this mess, i still have no idea who could've leaked the papers, the police already hosed down protesters in Pinilaca, more protest will sureley follow, the president has also been informed, but his involvement in this hasn't been uncovered yet, we didn't involve the vice president and he while aware of the scandal is still trying to figure out who was involved in it, luckly i got assurances from the president he'll do anything in his power to buy us time to cover up, or he'll try to get us reduced punishments, but ill probably have to flee the country, you should prepare to do the same if the worst comes to be."

Andreís stays silent before saying; "We need to make sure anyone involved in this does everything in their power to conceal documents, burning them would be too suspicious so we need to make sure the files get "lost in all of the bureucracy we have in place" to not attract unwanted attention"

"Good, if you can pass the word to others involved in this, we've yet to contact Gilvaxa, Ralao, and Panvés, and many others."

Andreís responded; "I will, once i get all the papers sorted."

February 17th, 1423 - 1:00PM - National Archive, Ryxenia.

The chief of Internal Security, Vachas Gilchabó, the person responsable for managing the police department, was going through files in the National Archive, searching, soon enough the president shows up, along with Pablo Fryvás; the head of the department of infrastructure.

"Any luck yet?" Asked Pablo.

"Im still looking, i found some of the papers, we will need a place to cover up, my boys have already sprayed protesters in Pinilaca" Responds Vachas.

"You must hurry, if you don't our involvements on this situation might be uncovered" Says the president; Edyuardó Etsañó.

"I am aware mister president, the archive is really big, here we also have some stuff from the previous administrations"

"Alright, call us once you're done, ill keep in contact with Pincalo, ill tell him once you're done, you will meet whenever you can, he will deliver the files he found at the DII" Responds the president, before him and Pablo leave the room.

While walking down the hallway the president tells Pablo; "If they don't hurry we may have to ditch them, our reputation is at stake. If the press ask or anyone accuses you, just say we were never a part of this, that they were trying to shift blame towards us"

"Alright mister president" Responds Pablo as they walk for the elevator.

February 18th, 1423 - 10:40PM - The DII office in Pinilaca, Pestalpa.

The Governor of the state of Pestalpa, Farryvás Calba had just arrived at the office of the DII in Pinilaca, waiting for him there was Andreís di Arrvaínga as Pincalo hadn't been able to go, they greeted eachother in a corridor behind the reception.

"Hello mister governor, the situation has became quite severe, both you and Pincalo have been implicated in it and investigators are already working on the case"

Farryvás responded; "I am aware of that, we need to make a public statement its been 4 days, we may still be able to calm the public but neither i nor Pincalo should make the statement"

"Agreed, but i don't think im an alternative since im too close to Pincalo, but i think my secretary, Ryxas Fanil should be able to do the job, since while he's linked to me, but he isn't linked to Pincalo or you, i won't give our scheme away but ill persuade him to tell everybody this whole thing has been blown over, and it might just be a small "happens all the time" scandal."

Farryvás thought about him before agreeing to the plan; "Alright, you must tell him to do everything in his power to calm the public, ill arrange for a live broadcast with a news station that is more lenient to us tomorrow."

February 19th, 1423 - 9:00AM - Espaci'ia Libre News, Tilipaca, Cantríxa.

"Everybody ready, cuz' we're about to go live!" Asked the director of EPL News, as he they prepared to interview Ryxas about the current scandal.

Ryxas adjusted his tie, he had been told to downplay the situation as much as possible, as the interview started.

"Morning Ladies n' Gentlemen, thanks in advance for watching Espaci'ia Libre News! Im your host for today Hivata Quibalá and today we sure got a special guest... Ryxas Fanil! He volunteered to explain the current scandal going on in the DII for us, so Ryxas, how are you today?"

Ryxas Inhaled before saying; "Im good, many thanks, so what would you like to hear from me?"

"First of all, is all of this true? Have 9+ billion ryxes really been embezzeled and stolen?"

Ryxas stays silent, he knew the truth but had been instructed to hide it, so he decided to be as vague as possible with his answers as he answered; "Maybe, 9 billion might be a bit inflated but then again i don't have enough info to confirm or discard that ammount."

"Alright, do you know or have an idea of anyone that could've been involved in the scandal?"

Again after a second of wait Ryxas responds; "According to the leaks, Farryvás, governor of Pestalpa and Pincalo, head of the DII have been involved, but im not sure about this, like i said theese leaks could be overblowing the situation, but this doesn't exclude theese figures from suspicion"

"Alright, finally before i move into less important stuff, how long do you think this has been going for?"

Ryxas responded; "Im not exactly sure, but it has been going for probably more than 4 months, why this wasn't found out earlier im not sure, maybe our system is too inefficient, but i don't really know what would be worse, that more money has been embezzeled in such a short time or that it has been hidden from the public for a longer period of time"

This interview instead of resolving the issue and calming down the public would have the opposite effect, just as Ryxas intended, soon this scandal would blow over even more.

Trouble Starts...

February 20th, 1423 - 11:00AM - Head Office of the Department of Internal Investigation, Ryxenia.

Andreís walks down a hallway headed for Pincalo's office in the building, while he walks he gets his mobile phone and calls, Ryxas, he wasn't happy with the answers given in the interview last night, the public was getting angry, the first mass-scale protests had already been organized for later in the day.

Ryxas answeres the phone, and Andreís responds; "You idiot! i told you what to do and you fumbled it!"

Ryxas, after a second surprised, answers; "Sir im sorry, you weren't clear enough and well i told them the information i had available to me."

"You're an Idiot! I told you to try tone it down, but you somehow kept it the same!" Shouts Andreís

"Calm down! This situation should be undergoing investigation, and that's what i told to try the people to calm down while we find things out."

At this Andreís, furious, hangs up without saying a word, and continues walking to Pincalo's office, arriving there some seconds after he hang up on Ryxas.

"The situation on the media front got worse, Ryxas was a _______ idiot, he ignored the instructions we gave him!"

Pincalo answers; "Im aware, and recovering public trust will be impossible at this point, we must soften the impact by getting rid of evidence, we must do it DISCRETLEY, otherwise it will be too suspicious to just burn papers."

"Agreed, we must hide them like we stated before, but where? We'll have to do it ourselves since at this point im unsure who we could trust."

"Then we'll have to do it ourselves, if we get caught we're screwed, we will get our hands dirty in this so i want you to make sure that doesn't happen, ill hide the files in a place that won't be found out."

"Alright sir" Responds Andreís; "Ill keep an eye on the public and how the situation unfolds."

Unrest in the Streets

February 21rst, 1423 - 9:00AM-11:00PM - Givas Square, Pinilaca, Pestalpa.

By this point the news had spread all over the nation and two days after the interview the first major protest happened, in Givas square right in the center of Pinilaca, in Pestalpa, as mostly working class people gathered to protest at the lack of details given by the goverment.

"What do we want?!" Shouts someone with a megaphone.

"We want to know!" The crowd answers.

Again the leader shouts; "What do we want?!"

And the crowd again answers; "We want to know!"

Opposition parties to the current administration were also present at rallies, this rally in Givas square had reached already about 1,500 people, the police had been called in but only to controll the crowd, they didn't try to disperse the crowd and despite the tense atmosphere no violence errupted.

The protest peacefully ended by 11:00PM as most protesters headed home, agreeing to meet up the next day.

February 21rst, 1423 - 11:00AM-1:00AM - Vygás Avenue, Vynitiná, Yilanit.

The protest in Vygás Avenue in Yilanit was the biggest protest of the day, reaching probably about 2,500-3,000 protesters, they partially blocked acces to the Avenue and by extension the center of Vynitiná, causing a massive traffic jam from roughly 1:00PM-8:00PM.

The chant: "What do we want?!" "We want to know!" Had already spread there from Pinilaca.

The police response here was also similar, as the police had orders not to provoke the protesters while a solution to the situation was searched for, this didn't stop small scale fights from happening but most people and officers behaved themselves avoiding a riot.

Again by night time the protesters mostly left home, with more protests and demonstrations scheduled for tomorrow.

February 21rst, 1423 - 12:00PM-8:00PM - Mynás Municipal Palace, Mynás, Cantríxa.

The last large scale demonstration of the day started at 12:00PM in the town of Mynás in Cantríxa, and was probably the most tense of the demonstrations during that day with a potential firefight between armed elements of the police, and a paramilitary group, the Frenté di Lybiración dil Centro (FLC) almost breaking out.

The FLC was founded about 5 decades ago, during a dictatorship in Ryxtylopia, and back then it fought against goverment forces, it being a leftist insurgent group. After the end of the Ryxtylopian dictatorhip in the 1390's it stood down from armed conflict with the goverment but remained a paramilitary group that advocated for change in the now democratic Ryxtylopia.

Many FLC members were present at the Mynás protest, armed and thus armed police were called to contain the demonstration with a fierce standoff happening between the police on one side and demonstrators and FLC members on the other.

In the end no violence occured and the protest died down by 8:00PM but the standoff was broadcast live by several news sources for the nation to watch, further fueling unrest.

• 2 weeks later...

The House of Cards Shakes

February 22nd, 1423 - 10:00PM - Natal Hotel, Pinilaca, Pestalpa.

During the morning of the 22nd many figures hurriedly arrive to the Natal hotel in Pinilaca, part of the hotel had been rented for the occasion, most of these figures had discretely arrived by 10:00PM as the meeting started.

While Pincalo, wasn't there himself, Andreís had taken up the spot, and taken Ryxas with him to the meeting, in the meeting there was also Vachas, and some other security figures.

Joined to them some new faces: Lipaldi Fírrias, head of the " '22 program" a program started by the Department of Finances and endorsed by the president to bolster the manufacturing industry in Ryxtylopia. Also present was Marco Guivaldi, the man responsable for allocating funds from the Department of Finances to public proyects.

Also "inexplicably" at the meeting there was Facha Nivaldí  the head of "Carbanera" a mining company with most of their mines located in Cantríxa, and also present, head of another mining company present at the meeting: Pablo Darrias, head of the Mynas Corporation, again another mining company with most of their mines located in Cantríxa.

In total there were about 25 people present, many part of either goverment departments or mining conglomerates.

Since Pincalo was absent Andreís starts the meeting saying; “I think you all know that the situation we find ourselves in is, well, not ideal”

“I'm aware of that” Responds Nivaldí.

“Honestly i'm still unsure how this got out to the public, Andreís, may you explain?! I was taking care of every single detail in Finances to not get busted and then you idiots in the DII spilled the can!” Answers Guivaldi.

Andreís quickly answers; “Now, now, let’s not get to shouting, we’re here to conduct damage control, the president’s involvement hasn’t been found out yet but could at any moment, and at this point i'm unsure who we can and cannot trust anymore.”

After that Vachas interrupts; “The public situation is currently out of control, but could soon start spiraling out of it, if you’re going to come up with a solution you should hurry”

Andreís answers; “Okay, so if this me-”

“I don’t believe this can be covered, you were too careless and went too far” Interrupts Darrias

“Darrias hold on you have to list-” Tries to say Andreís before once again being interrupted.

“No! Have you seen the situation here in Mynas?! Of course you haven’t, these people will soon become rioters!” Again interrupts Darrias.

“Darrias! Calm down i have the pol-”

“Ill have to agree with Darrias, this will collapse soon”

“Listen to me everybody!”

“Come on Darrias, don’t you think your exaggera-”

“No the-”

“I have many doubts!”

“EVERYBODY LI-”

The meeting soon descends into incoherent arguments, with Ryxas being relatively quiet throughout the whole ordeal.

February 24th, 1423 - 6:00AM - National Archive, Ryxenia.

The day had just started, the protester hadn’t shown up yet, so 2 days after the meeting at the Natal hotel, Andreís traveled again, this time to see the president, at the National Archive.

He enters through the large wooden door of the old building, before heading up some stairs, the president was set to meet him in a small library containing old records on the second floor, after making his way up the stairs, he walks through a hall and reaches the room.

“Good day Mr. President” Says Andreís as he opens the door to the room.

“Oh, you’ve arrived” Answered the president, leaving a newspaper he was reading on a table.

After a quick handshake, the president asks; “So, may you tell me how the meeting on the 22nd went?”

“Poorly to say the least, nobody came up with a good solution to this mess”

“That’s unfortunate, you must think of something to do, before this collapses, i'll lead you to the archive, if you’re able i want you to make a list of all the people involved in this, so we can analyze each one’s situation, maybe that way we can make a plan so if someone gets caught, the damage to the rest is minimized.”

“Just make sure no connection is made to the upper levels of government.” Says the president as he heads to the archive.

“Alright” Answers Andreís as they both head out the hallway.

New Revelations

May 4th, 1423 - 7:20 AM - The office of Partalí News, Ryxenia.

It had been about a month and a half since the Farryvas-Pincalo Debacle had started, and with silence from the federal goverment and independent investigations having grinded to a halt after all evidence dried up, it seemed for the people involved in the situation, the mess was finally over, as the people had mostly calmed down, at least on the streets, Ryxtylopian social media was still a mess, opposition parties to the current goverment still moaning at the fact the case hadn't been resolved, especially when it could involve figures as high in rank as state governors and even the president.

This "peace" would abruptly end when the left-wing Partalí News, never wanting to miss an opportunity to criticize the goverment's desicions opened their morning broadcast with new information regarding the scandle, the figure of the ammount stolen was still pretty vague. But during the morning broadcast Partalí openly accused the Pestalpan governor: Farryvás Vizchaca of embezzlement, presenting that over the past years one of his companies had seen "increased activity".

This single broadcast made Farryvás the centre of attention, and he was also accused of potentially interviening in DII operations in Pestalpa, as people had started to notice inconsistencies in the way documents were stored, with many having gone missing in the last two months.

So as eyes turned to the Pestalpan goverment and demonstrations rekindled the goverment figures who had thought they had escaped intact from a huge fiasco were back in the spotlight, especially Farryvás who now had to be accompanied by a police escort considering the danger to him was at an all time high.

This trapped Pincalo in a difficult spot since he had a close relation with Farryvás but now he had to either ditch him or risk the public's anger, if he ditched him and opened an investigation, he could risk Farryvás leaking everything to save himself and draw attention elsewhere, but if he didn't do anything the public would inmediatley draw a connection. The third option was telling Farryvás that they would open "investigaiton" but that would only delay the inevitable as eventually without any results from the investigation, the public would either get very angry or figure out the relation between Farryvás and Pincalo.

May 5th, 1423 - 9:00 PM - The DII office in Pinilaca, Pestalpa.

Pincalo had once again returned to the DII office in Pinilaca, walked through part of the archive phone firmly next to his ear as he was in a call with Farryvás deciding what to do, while Farryvás still thought the situation could be salvaged Pincalo thought otherwise;

"No Farryvás! If we take no action it will be blatantly obvious what's going on and both you and me will find ourselves linched, behind bars or worse!" Says Pincalo.

"Ugh okay, then what do you propose? Do i have to leave the country?!" Responds Farryvás.

"In total honesty probably, a lot of us could end up somewhere else, but for that we must delay, ill select some DII staff who are in on this to open an investigation into you, you get what i mean right?"

"I do."

"That will give us more time to come with another potential solution, or drop out if the worst comes to be."

"Ive already packed up, im ready to go if its necessary."

"Good to see you're planning ahead, whatever you do, don't do anything to arouse the public's anger, if any further leaks come out, it will be time to get out of this mess."

"Understood, unforunatley i have to conviene with the pestalpan state assembly tomorrow, remember?"

"Oh crap, right... in that case avoid touching the topic for as long as possible and if you get to it try to de-rail the conversation to something else."

"Alright, well ill hope for the best, we should start informing the rest soon."

"Ill take care of it don't worry, hope you have a nice evening."

Pincalo hung up, he knew all of that would just buy time and he was divided on if he should drop out and flee somewhere else or trying to save his allies and fortune in Ryxtylopia, something to him was clear tho, he was thinking on borrowed time.

• 1 month later...

The Facade Collapses

June 24th, 1423 - 9:30 PM - The DII office in Pinilaca, Pestalpa.

It had been more than a month since the case had flared back up again, and with the investigation seemingly having stalled, clearly at the point of going nowhere and most ryxtylopians starting to accept the fact they wouldn't be able to take retribution for those responsible for stealing their tax money, for those on the top it seemed like the whole situation was at an end.

The situation on the streets had calmed down, while it had taken a while, most police officers didn't question the authority of the police department, and the protesters lost motivation after 2-3 weeks. But, while the police had remained united, the DII was tearing itself apart as many had already been skeptical of Pincalo for some time after he had gotten the appointment as director of the department, and his rivals in the DII, people who would've liked to see the position go to themselves continued searching for files, out of theese the most important was probably Julio Xivas, another relativley high ranked member of the DII who expected to be elevated to director status, as he had more experience than Pincalo, but soon enough found himself in an obscure part of the department in Saxa'atí, seemingly cast away from power.

He had been relentlessly trying to get back to manage affairs in his original post in his home state of Cantríxa but found himself with little success, so he tried gathering support from the people in other parts of the DII to look further into Pincalos actions, originally in an attempt to discredit him, but soon enough to keep track of his suspect acts.

In the end the divide in the DII is what would doom Pincalo, as soon, ignoring the central authority in Ryxenia, some of the employees in the Pestalpan DII found incriminating documents, listing a "Possible redirecting of funds" from the '22 program to another department, this wasn't the only inconsistency found as several other documents listing the "Redirecting of funds" from departments and offices were found, in total 10 billion Ryxes (over 900 million dollars for reference) with more possibly having been "redirected"

Soon enough theese documents were photographed and copied, soon sent to Julio, whom having discovered a gold mine of material to use against his opponents, determined to see Pincalo fall, headed to the press and published the documents.

It wouldn't only be a matter of time before the people were fully notified but as the headlines went out, but Pincalo soon found out.

June 24th, 1423 - 9:55 PM - Head Office of the Department of Internal Investigation, Ryxenia.

Pincalo was about to leave the DII office in Pestalpa, when he soon got a message from one of his piers informing him about any developments, it read:

Pincalo, we got a severe situation in our hands, several documents where published by the Libres' and uhh, its not good.

After he was sent a link, Pincalo was horrified at what he saw, documents he thought wouldn't be found, he had already been challanged by lower ranking members of the DII but didn't expect something like this to happen, soon something short of panic set in, as he inmediatley called his "loyal" companion most trusted ally in the DII: Andreís.

"Come on... answer, ANSWER! YOU IDIOT! ANSWER!"

After a few seconds of screaming at the phone Andreís would answer.

"Hello? Im busy eating dinner right no-"

"ANDREÍS! Thank god, we got a SEVERE SITUATION, i need you to inform everybody else, we'll get sleep and hopefully come up with a plan by dawn, QUICKLY!"

"What happened?"

"Some of the Pestalpan DII documents got lea- you know what, just hurry up!"

"What? What?!" Replied Pincalo, very confused.

"Ill just send you the link to the article, you must inform everybody else RIGHT NOW, understood?!"

"Y-Yes i guess, ill do it right after this call..."

"Good, hope to see you soon, we'll need to talk..." Said Pincalo in a calmer tone before hanging up and then grabbing his hair, still visibly stressed.

"God... what will i do now..."

Chaos Unfolds

June 25th, 1423 - 5:30 AM - The DII office in Pinilaca, Pestalpa.

Pincalo hadn't gotten much sleep, as he had been driven from Ryxenia to Pinilaca in about an hour, more specifically to the DII office were he had spent so much time in the past, it was still closed, but knowing the guards he was able to get in early in the morning, instead of heading to the office spaces like he would usually do, he quickly went to the the files storage, then the archive, hurridly grabbing papers from both, since the DII office in pestalpa was an old building he knew security cameras hadn't been installed in the building yet, so after he got what he wanted, he went back to his car and took off, taking his time to call Andreís.

After grabbing his phone and starting the call, Andreís would pick up.

"Hello?"

"Andreís, did you tell everybody?"

"For the most part, Vachas didn't answer, i called him 3 times!" Says Andreís in a higher tone.

"I think he was busy doing stuff in the police dept. we'll call him later"

"Alright, and what is the plan now?"

"To be honest, i don't know, hopefully i can meet you somewhere in Tsala'ipá if you would be nice enough to start driving."

"Alright, if you say so. Should i bring anything?"

"No, just go there, quickly, i should arrive in a few hours."

"Alright, hope you come up with something, when i woke up Farryvás he started screaming at me, while the others are very worried, Darrias said he knew this would happen."

"Look, right now i just need you to hurry, ill hang up, alright?"

"Okay, see you there then."

"Bye."

Pincalo hangs up and continues on his way to the meeting point.

June 25th, 1423 - 7:45 AM - St. Huipa road, Tsala'ipá, Pestalpa.

Pincalo had just arrived in Tsala'ipá, after getting stuck in a muddy road while exiting Maiiztá for aobut 6 minutes, where after agreeing on a spot, in the suburban part of the city, Pincalo met with Andreís to discuss what to do, as well as this he brought the papers he had taken from the DII office in Pinilaca, for him the plan so far was very clear: get rid of the papers to mitigate the damage done if they were caught.

But Andreís wasn't keen on the idea, as if they were caught that could make the situation possibly worse, beacause, while he was loyal to Pincalo, Andreís heavily considered the possibility of selling everybody else out, in return for a shorter time behind bars if they were caught, it didn't help that he had many times disagreed with Farryvás and didn't particularly trust him.

After they both got toogheter, soon started discussing on what to do.

"So what should we do now?" 

"Get rid of theese..." Pincalo pulls out the documents he had gotten from the DII in Pinilaca

"Are you sure its a good idea?"

"Its necessary, we cannot let anyone else find them and cause us further headaches."

"Can't we just hide them, it seems like a better solution to me than outright destroying them, they could prove useful if we get caught."

"No we must get rid of them."

"Come on Pincalo, do you really think Farryvás wont sell us out once he has the chance?"

"He won't, now get to shreading!"

With a sigh, Andreís helps shreds the paper near a dry bush, after the two finished, they left, Pincalo back to Pinilaca, and Andreís back to Ryxenia.

They both probably knew, public anger would soon errupt later in the day and in the following days of the month.

Uncertainty

June 28th, 1423 - 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM , Ryxenia, Pinilaca, Vynitina, Tsalapaní, Tilipaca, Parta'ana, etc...

Ever since the leak of the "Pinilaca" papers, the whole country had errupted into chaos, the peaceful protests that had marked the start of the scandal had been replaced with violent confrontations between the police and protesters in several major cities and other towns, mainly in the centre of the country, and Pestalpa.

The police was starting to become overstretched, and the protesters blocked several roads and protested outside goverment buildings, while arrests for rioting, assault and arson went up by up to 15% during the first days of the violent protests all over Ryxtylopia.

Pestalpa had probably been hit the worst by the riots and protests in late May, things didn't help when the Confederation of Pestalpan Workers (CPW), and the Ryxtylopian Union for Architects and Laborers (RUAL), two seperate worker's unions in the country, called for a strike of workers that had taken part in the '22 program, until the goverment revealed more details about the situation, and did something about the heavy embezzlement of funds from the '22 program into other "areas".

Pressure had also been put on the president, as it was clear the DII was incredibly corrupt, and were blamed more for this than Pincalo, who's position as head of the department had become uncertain since the scandal had begun. Unfortunatley for him, with the president of the nation now being called on to do something about it, his position was now at risk.

That fear wasn't invalid, as the speed at which the whole scandal developed seemed to rapidly developed as the president, needing to do something, proposed the removal of Pincalo as head of the DII, and put the proposal forward in congress.

The way the DII was run usually avoided congress, as that would involve the DII into politics, and corruption is an issue best solved without the involvement of political figures, since it was a Department of the Secretary of Internal Affairs (SIA) the SIA would usually decide who would become the next head of the DII, but this process had always been mixed up, and the DII had been plagued by the corruption it seeked to eliminate.

But with the president now fearing his position was at stake, after consulting congress he ordered the SIA to find a replacement for Pincalo, and to rush it, the SIA was very divided in this issue, as while most agreed that Pincalo needed to be replaced now, the question was with whom, who to trust in the deparment that wasn't involved in the Scandal, the debate was on either promoting Andreís (the current sub-director of the DII) or on appointing a new one.

While this debate went on in the SIA word was getting out about the intervention by the president in the DII, and word quickly reached Pincalo.

June 28th, 1423 - 11:00 AM - 22 Guindá road, Vachás, Pestalpa.

Pincalo was at his home in Vachás a small sea-side town near Pinilaca, "working" from home, as the situation in both Pinilaca and Ryxenia had devolved too much for him to be secure while travelling in either city, before he got a call from Andreís.

"Hello?" Pincalo Answers.

"Congress is looking to remove you as director of the DII."

"What?"

"Yes, i told you this would happen, did you listen to me? No."

"But why?!"

"They are throwing you under the bus to save their reputation, or at least what's left of it."

"We must go to Ryxenia and convience them otherwise!" Said Pincalo, he knew that if he was removed as DII director he would no longer have any influence in well the situation he had partially started.

Unfortunatley for Pincalo, Andreís had enough.

"No, im not doing that..."

"What?!"

"Im going to resign from the DII, this is too much."

"ANDREÍS! YOU CAN'T YOU WILL BE THROWN IN JAIL IF YOU DO!" It was clear Pincalo was starting to get desperate.

"Look, i can't handle this anymore, this situation has exploded, its too late to fix it, you started it and i don't want anymore with your problems now."

"YOU PIECE OF ____ WE NEED TO ACT NOW!"

"No, this is YOUR problem now, im going to resign, im at my limit."

After this, Andreís would hang up, and then blocks Pincalo from his contacts.

This brought Pincalo to reality, there was no going back, and his allies in both politics and the DII had sold him out, now the only thing left to do to avoid what would sureley be a lenghty stay behind bars was to flee the country.

He quickly started packing, as bearly an hour later the news of Andreís resigning from the DII got out. Funnily enough as Pincalo packed, he couldn't have known he was the only one with the idea, as Farryvás probably the second most influential man behind the scandal had the same idea in mind, and he was several steps ahead from Pincalo, discretley having sold a lot of his possetions weeks earlier.

With the whole country in chaos, the question for most ordinary people was; Where and when would the people responsable for the scandal, for "stealing" their tax Ryxes be held accountable?

The "Calm" before the storm.

June 29th, 1423 - 10:00 AM - 22 Guindá road, Vachás, Pestalpa.

It wasn't long before after pressure from congress the DII replaced Pincalo, the news reached not only him, but the nation almost inmediatley, and while the goverment was trying to save face, many saw this as a good thing as Pincalo was blamed for the incompetence in the investigation by many, apart from this a lot of people doubted his true motives.

The news reaches Pincalo while he was at home, packing up, in a cloudy morning, he was called by the head of the S.I.A: Rivaldo Guaintaní, who called him directly to his personal phone.

As Pincalo was packing stuff, he sees his phone starting to ring, and so goes out and answers.

"Hello?"

"Good morning sir, its me Rivaldo Guaintaní, director of the S.I.A speaking."

"Oh boy... uh what can i help you with sir."

"Well uh first, am i talking with Pincalo Givacha?"

"Correct..."

"Alright sir, i would like to inform you that the S.I.A has taken the unanamous desicion to replace you as director of the DII, due to your perceived inability to handle the department and its resources and staff."

Pincalo sighs before responding.

"...Well, and is there anything else?"

"Your pay will be forfitted, if you have any disagreements with the desicion, please let us know."

"..." Pincalo would hang up, he didn't want to disagree with the desicion, but not disagreeing would imply that he knew this was comming...

Then he mutes his phone and goes back to packing.

June 29th, 1423 - 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM - 10:00 PM , All over the country.

Meanwhile protests didn't seem to calm down at the news of Pincalo's removal as head of the DII, as in Pestalpa, the CPW, and RUAL didn't call of the strikes, while protesting spread to the rest of the country, mainly the south, and in mountainous areas, protests going from Carraizal, to Tirilpa.

In Mynás tensions between the goverment and the FLC flared up once again, and many other paramilitary groups including the Frenté Populair di Tirilpa (the Tirilpan Popular Front) FPT, and the Unión Soxialita di Ryxtylopia (Ryxtylopian Socialist Union) USR flared up in Tirilpa and Cantríxa. Opposition groups, mainly left wing, heavily critized the goverment and continued calling for protests.

In some areas protests intensified, mainly in Pestalpa, and especially in Pinilaca, where police had to erect barricades around the DII office to prevent it from possibly being stormed by rioters, as attempts to get closer to the office had happened, the DII office there was closed until further notice, as authorities continued trying to manage the crowds of protesters and rioters.

The situation had turned into a very delicate one, and all it would probably take for it to boil over was probably just more clear info on the only question left in the mind of the protesters... who?