TWPChooses #9

Giovanniland

Your career choice today is...  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be:

• rich working a job you hate?
    • poor working a job you love?

Money can be exchanged for things to ameliorate a bad job. (Like bribing a doctor for a paid leave of absence!)

Enjoying one's work doesn't help a ton when coming home in -7 weather to a building that doesn't have any heat - or with mine and my wife's penchant for fancy dinners

I accidentally voted the 2nd option instead of the 1st,anyways I'd rather work at a good paying job that I hate than a poor paying one that I love, why? well because I can still have hobbies even if I'm still working, I can use the money I get to do the things I love, so in the end I still get to do what I love and get a wad of cash

In the end I don't really care about gaining money. As long as I have necessary money to get by comfortably, it's all good. That, and a behavioural thing that comes with the autism - if I'm not interested in something, I won't/can't focus on it. It's an attention thing. I transfix on things I'm interested in to the point of obsession and the opposite is true if I'm uninterested. Being rich in a job I hate would basically be nigh-impossible, if not impossible outright.

1 hour ago, Fatimya said:

I accidentally voted the 2nd option instead of the 1st,anyways I'd rather work at a good paying job that I hate than a poor paying one that I love, why? well because I can still have hobbies even if I'm still working, I can use the money I get to do the things I love, so in the end I still get to do what I love and get a wad of cash

As far as I know you can change your choice.

It's been a question I've been personally thinking of as I study, but I'm inclined to take the second option (not really poor, but lower-income) for it means to spend a lot more time of my life doing something I like rather than the jobs everyone wants to take here.