Endorsement Cap Policy and FAQ

Westwind

The current Endorsement Cap:

Nations endorsing the Delegate: 70

Nations not endorsing the Delegate: 10

Note: Cap is subject to change. This post will be updated when changes are made.

Greetings all nations of The West Pacific !

Please take a moment to inform yourself of the Endorsement policy of our great region.  Endorsement caps are common in regions across NationStates, and are even more important for the security of Founderless regions such as the Game Created Regions, which includes The West Pacific.  Our security precautions ensure our stability and the protection of our community from those that would selfishly seek to replace our community with their ego.

All players are encouraged to join The World Assembly and endorse the Delegate and Guardians.  Our Delegate is the ingame Administrator of The West Pacific, and our Guardians are selected by the Delegate to assist and advise in Administration. Guardians are exempt from the endorsement cap.  Your endorsements empower our region in World Affairs as well as increase our Influence to ensure our region's security.  (Just remember NationStates Rules allow only one World Assembly member nation per player.)

NationStates implimented a change in how Influence is calculated in Game Created Regions, and as a result, I have instituted this new endorsement cap policy.  You can read our discussion and the details of this change in this thread

Please take note that while each nation has the right to choose whether or not to endorse any given World Assembly nation, failure to endorse the Delegate places a drain upon the Delegate's Influence.  Because of this game mechanic effect and the six month limitation on the accumulation of Influence now in place, those that choose not to endorse the Delegate will be held to a lower endorsement cap.  A World Assembly member nation only needs two endorsements in order to fully participate in all World Assembly game features, so this lower cap will not affect your ability to fully participate in the game.

The full effect of the change in how Influence is calculated will not be felt for six months from it's implimentation on September 20, 2013.  These endorsement cap levels and policies are subject to change as the effects of this implimentation become more clear, and as inregion/ingame circumstances may change (such as significant changes in population.)

(Note: Nations that are above the cap at time of implimentation will be contacted regarding their options to come into compliance.)

What happens when a nation exceeds the cap ?

- In the event that a nation has not endorsed the Delegate, and exceeds the lower cap, that nation will be contacted and given the opportunity to endorse the Delegate or take action to reduce it's endorsements into compliance.  Failure to take either of these actions will result in removal from the region.

- In the event that a nation has endorsed the Delegate and exceeds the higher cap, that nation will be contacted and given the opportunity to take action to reduce it's endorsements.  Failure to take such action will result in removal from the region.

- In the event that a nation is clearly 'endotarting' to quickly gain endorsements to threaten or test the security of the region, or to make a 'run' at the Delegacy, that nation will be contacted and expected to take immediate action to reduce it's endorsements within One Update (12 hours).  An immediate eject and ban will result for failure to respond or cooperate.  Banjection will come more quickly if said nation engages in poor telegram etiquette.

I've exceeded the cap, what should I do ?

If you have not endorsed the Delegate, simply endorsing the Delegate will allow you to exceed the lower cap.

If you do not want to endorse the Delegate, but have exceeded the cap....and/or If you have endorsed the Delegate, but have exceeded the higher cap, you can take these actions to reduce your endorsements:

- The quickest method available is to resign from the World Assembly.  You will lose all your endorsements, and you can then reapply and rejoin.

- Don't want to bother with resigning and rejoining the World Assembly ? Instead you can move your nation out of the region for one update (updates occur twice daily).  Your endorsements will be removed by spending one update out of the region.  You can then return to the region with a clean slate, and seek endorsements up to the cap once again

- You can also attempt to telegram nations that are endorsing you, to ask them to remove their endorsements.  This method is fine when you have only slightly exceeded the cap, but may take time. You must be proactive when using this option, as failure to take action in a timely manner will result in the Delegate removing you from the region.

Can I get an Exemption from the cap ?

The Delegate in consultation with the Guardians may consider exemptions under extrodinary conditions.

Is there a Government participation exemption ?

While this was discussed as a possibility, the Delegate decided there was not enough grounds to include it in this policy.  However, this may change in the future and is open for discussion among The Concillium and The Delegate.

I have other questions.

Feel free to post any questions you have, or send a telegram or private message to the Delegate.

Cool! Lower endo caps are good. I think.

Depends how you look at it. From the perspective of the Delegate/Guardians, it's good, as it's easier for them to maintain their power. For new nations, it can possibly be a little bit off-putting.

I like this policy btw. A tiered system would be nice to have but in practice, I think, too much of a hassle to be worth it. 

It was already off-putting for new nations to come into the GCR's and have nations with six years of accumulated Influence to contend with. That's a bigger problem than endorsement caps.  Once the transition is complete, they'll only have six months of Influence to overcome, and that's a fair period of time just to get them the opportunity to learn the nuances of the game and get their skills sharpened.

There is only one nation over the 20 cap, and that nation is 40 days inactive.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Three days ago we lowered the lower cap to 10. I sent 6 telegrams. 5 of those nations read and ignored the telegram. I ejected them last night. One of those nations has returned and endorsed me. The 6th nation has not yet seen the telegram, so we wait.

None of the nations over the lower cap were active in the region or the community, to the best of my knowledge.

No.  It seems that hovering right around 60-65 is where most nations that are endorsing me are comfortable.  I have not done an extensive survey to see if, as suggested by AGP, lowering the upper cap would be easily done or if it is even necessary.  It seems this move of lowering the lower cap to 10 has raised the ratio of endorsements to 67%.  Mind you, my intent is to help make our home so fascinating and fun that we get an 80% +ratio.  :)