Welcome Telegram

Westwind

Thanks to the blessings of ADMIN (and especially the hard work of [violet]) the Delegate has a new toy in regional administration:

"Founders and WA Delegates with executive power can now find a new option at the bottom of their Region Control page, which allows them to compose a Welcome Telegram."
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=257817

Welcome Telegrams

Founders and WA Delegates with executive power can compose a telegram that will be automatically wired to new arrivals when they move to the West Pacific. (A "new arrival" is a nation that has no Regional Influence and hasn't received this telegram before.) This requires no telegram stamps.

Current Welcome Telegram: None.

Compose a Welcome Telegram for the West Pacific

So, what are your suggestions for our Welcome Telegram ? We have some discussion that occurred when Arch was managing a Welcome Script for us in Immigration here:

http://twp.nosync.org/forums/index.php?/topic/250-recruiting-the-script/

So that might serve to help. I'm of the opinion that it should be a short welcome with an invitation to our forums. Consider that this will be competing with the recruitment telegrams all new nations are recieving these days.

I took a shot at it.  :ph34r:

~ Welcome to TWP, %NATION%! ~I

know you're getting a lot of telegrams so I've tried to keep this short.

The West Pacific is your home region and it was the region that you've had the chance to start in; before you consider packing up and moving to one of the regions that is trying to recruit you, I'd like to personally encourage you to stay here. This is one of the oldest, most storied regions in the game and it has just about everything a region has to offer. Indeed, you can answer issues here, or you can make more of your experience by joining our forums (twp.nosync.org) and involving yourself in our government and military. Both are great and enjoyable ways to get involved in the game -- NationStates is a lot more than waiting for issues to get answered, and if you make the most of what TWP has to offer, you'll realize this very quickly.

Aspects of TWP's community include, but are not limited to:

• Issue Answering: You can answer your issues and shape your nation as you wish here in TWP.
  • General Discussion: Discussions are regularly held on our RMB, on our IRC Channel, and on our off-site forum's "General Discussion" board. If you're feeling conversational, you can hop right in and say what it is you want to say!
  • Regional Government: The West Pacific's off-site forum features a government. It is technically separate from the in-game delegacy but nonetheless it largely consists of players who have their nations in TWP. You are allowed to get involved, propose and vote on legislations, and shape the government as you see fit.
  • Army: Interested in fighting? The West Pacific Armed Forces utilize game mechanics for the purpose of conducting war. War doesn't exist as a hard coded function on NS, per say, but an explanation of how this works can be found here (http://twp.nosync.org/forums/index.php?/topic/302-basics-of-nationstates-military-gameplay/). You can learn more about this by telegramming [nation=short]Kharkistania[/nation], [nation=short]Archsium[/nation], or myself!
  • Hunting Advice: Comrade TAO can answer all your questions about hunting. He specializes in giving marsupials what they deserve.

Besides being one of the larger, more diverse regions in the game, this is also one of the more stable regions on NationStates: TWP is particularly safe from invaders thanks to the work of the Guardian Council. If you'd like to help keep it that way, you can join the http://www.nationstates.net/page=un'>World Assembly and endorse [nation=short]All Good People[/nation] and the other Guardians listed in our World Factbook Entry.

Ultimately, I personally hope you'll stay with us, and if you have any questions, [nation=short]Intelligent Holograms[/nation] and I are available to answer them. If you think that TWP might just be the place for you, I'd suggest introducing yourself on the Regional Message Board and joining our off-site forums.

Good luck and have fun!

Yours,

Westwind / All Good People

Delegate of The West Pacific

Way too long. Guys, we need something catchy not something that has all the details on it. 

For the Americans in the crowd, when you're advertising and someone says to you, "I'm lovin' it." you think McDonald's silly slogan, but you know what it is. 

We've got to differentiate ourselves from the crowd and lengthy scripts aren't going to do that.

~ Welcome to TWP, %NATION%! ~I

Thank you for trying your NationStates experience with flavors of The West Pacific (TWP) <geeky person insert link to forum here> .

-- NationStates is a lot more than waiting for issues to get answered, and if you make the most of what TWP has to offer, you'll realize this very quickly.

Some fun flavors of TWP's community include, but are not limited to:

• Issue Answering: You can answer your issues and shape your nation as you wish here in TWP.  There are no restrictions on your choice of national government style.  We even have races based on rankings.
  • General Discussion: Discussions ranging from real life issues to light roleplay are regularly held on our RMB, on our IRC Channel, and on our off-site forum. <hot links to all that stuffsor leave it out>
  • Regional Government: The West Pacific's off-site forum features a government which is autonomous from the Delegacy.  It is a great place to get involved with regional or inter-regional politics, propose and vote on legislations, and shape the government as you see fit.  Join us!
  • Army:  War didn't exist in NationStates until the players found a way!  An explanation of how military gameplay works in NationStates can be found here (http://twp.nosync.or...itary-gameplay/).  We are always looking for new recruits.

The West Pacific is one of the more stable regions in NationStates: TWP is particularly safe thanks to the work of the Guardian Council. If you'd like to help keep it that way, you can join the World Assembly and endorse [nation=short]All Good People[/nation] and the other Guardians listed in our World Factbook Entry.

If you have any questions, [nation=short]Intelligent Holograms[/nation] and I are available to answer them. If you think that TWP might just be the place for you, I'd suggest introducing yourself on the Regional Message Board and joining our off-site forums.

Good luck and have fun!

Yours,

Westwind / All Good People

Delegate of The West Pacific

My turn.  I took what Pez-tart (took me a while but I finally found a nickname for him!)...  I took what Pez-tart had and hacked it down a bit.  Please not the request for lots of linkies. 

*chuckles*  I was laying awake, unable to sleep last night, and I kept thinking of more things to add....yet knowing it really needs to be short and to the point.

Also realizing, considering the number of complaint telegrams from my mass tg's has been growing, that those will also increase from these Welcome telegrams....  I even got telegrams complaining about my use of 'banjection', how dare I presume to invent such foolish words !  :rolleyes:

I was thinking that a short note telling the new nations how to turn off recruitment telegrams would be a nice addtion to suggesting they stay in TWP.

How's this ?

~ Welcome to The West Pacific, %NATION%! ~

I know you're probably getting a lot of telegrams so I'll try to keep this short.  Before you consider packing up and moving to one of the regions that is trying to recruit you, I'd like to personally encourage you to stay here. The West Pacific is one of the oldest, most storied regions in the game and it has just about everything a region has to offer. 

If you are a new NationStates player, I would like to invite you to click on the link in our World Factbook Entry that says "New to NationStates? Click Here to learn more". The link will take you to our regional offsite forums, and provide you with some introductory information and helpful links to guide you on your journey in NationStates.

I'd also like to take a moment of your time to encourage you to join the World Assembly if you haven't already done so. Just remember, World Assembly membership is limited to one nation per player. Once you have joined the World Assembly, I invite you to endorse the Delegate and the Guardian nations listed in our World Factbook Entry. Your endorsements increase the clout of our region in the World Assembly, as well as help increase the Influence of those nations to ensure their ability to protect the region from potential threats against our home.

You can join the World Assembly here: page=un

Sincerely,
All Good People

Please note: To avoid receiving recruitment telegrams, or regulate the number of official regional telegrams you may recieve, please visit your telegram settings here:
page=tgsettings

You have created a new Welcome Telegram for the West Pacific!

This telegram will now be automatically delivered to new arrivals in the region.

Please note nations will not receive the telegram if they have any Regional Influence in the West Pacific. Each nation can also receive it only once.

twp_welcome_tg.jpg

It can certainly be tweaked, and varied as time goes on.  I think the third paragraph might be the best target for trimming some of the verbage.

I think it helps that it's distinquished from the recruitment telegrams by having the 'region telegram' logo on it.

Honesty time from Dark: I'm sorry, but I didn't read past the second sentence. In a persuasive essay, never open by suggesting a person do exactly the opposite of what you wish them to do. You admit defeat in the second sentence.