3rd Rugby World Cup [rosters, roleplays, results]

17th February, 1422 (Day of the SDS v. SMK match)

Main Study, 2nd Floor

Fribernese Fortress

Friberne, Santos-Dominius

"Mr. Acting President, I regret to report that the Zoranians have rejected the SDCSN's offer to settle out of court regarding the Blubberman case."

"Curses!" Donald Verbloem, Acting President of Santos-Dominius, exclaimed. Under his brief, temporary tenure, the Federal Republic had encountered one of its worst international crises since the Act of Neutrality was first waived a few years ago. Already unpopular with the Zoranians and countless others overseas, Verbloem's career at home was at risk of crashing and burning as well.

"What do you think SDCSN should do, Mr. Acting President? Mr. Rose is urgently waiting for a response," The aide who briefed Verbloem inquired.

"Quentin Rose? The SDCSN president? Tell him to find the least damaging resolution to this wretched scandal! Offer the Zoranians even more money than before! Watches, chocolate, luxury goods, professional banking services...anything that will cool them down!"

"Yes, Mr. Acting President. I shall relay your instructions to Mr. Rose at once," The aide replied as he left the room.

If only that Blubberman fellow kept his mouth shut, Verbloem thought to himself, Santos-Dominius would've come out of the 3rd Rugby World Cup scot-free! But instead, nearly true to his last name, the anchor blabbered without any regard for people who might take offence; now, the Federal Republic was trapped in a situation it was unable to bribe or pay its way out of. Verbloem paced around the room as he tried to think of a solution.

"We could have them fight the case to the end, but that would give the negative impression that we as a country remain allied to Blubberman," Verbloem muttered to himself. "But if he and SDCSN plead guilty, that would effectively be suggesting that we are an offensive, unfriendly and perhaps even racist country. The Zoranians clearly have no intention of settling out of court, so there's no 3rd option here."

Just as he was beginning to panic, Senator Diane Hutchison(DCB-YC), Foreign Minister and a close partner, walked into the study.

"I suppose you're pondering what to do regarding the Blubberman case?"

"Yes, Diane," Verbloem replied. "It's quite the tricky situation."

"Well, I suggest pleading guilty," Hutchison nonchalantly remarked. "The way I see it, it's the only option."

"Are you out of your mind? I'd sooner step on a Dalimbari landmine than allow this country to be perceived as a racist and rude one."

"Calm down," Hutchison stated, still calm and composed. "Consider the advantages and disadvantages of pleading guilty. It will show the world that we have the courage to admit responsibility when we are in the wrong. It will show that we have remorse for bad things we did in the past. And it will satisfy the Zoranians, leaving the way open for a lengthy but ultimately smoother bilateral reconciliation in the future."

"What about Blubberman, then?" Verbloem inquired angrily. "He's a Santo-Dominian citizen. What kind of government are we if we not only refuse to protect him, but effectively surrender him to the wolves?"

"Remember that he did say all those unpleasant things on live TV. He made bad decisions - might as well let him incur the consequences. Of course, if he is treated too poorly, you should reach out to the Zoranians and offer something valuable in exchange for better treatment. But you should otherwise let him face the consequences himself - he's a grown man, and our job is not to babysit him."

Verbloem paces around for a few more minutes before sitting down at his desk. He leans backwards on the large leather chair and lets out a deep and protracted sigh.

"Do you see the benefits of following my suggestion now? We have to make Blubberman plead guilty," Hutchison pressed.

"Yes...yes. It's going to hurt, but it's the only way," Verbloem admitted in resignation. "I should call Carnet - she talked about how Blubberman was this victim of political correctness. She'll want to know this in advance, or else it'll hurt her campaign and she'll get us both kicked out of the party."

"I'm inclined to think that she'll hate us for making this decision behind her back," Hutchison said as she walked out the room. "But the polls are giving that radical commie Wheatley a slight lead in this election. We'll see if Carnet can even get elected to push us entrenched political elders out the party."

The Stig Reads About... Richard Hammond

TheStigReadsAbout....png.d2a529dcb93939f9904a1de92e463281.pngRichard.jpg.cb54d4e8a18af16742cbb063bb94bb19.jpg

Richard's Theme - Blast Lab (The intro theme)

TheStig.jpg.ba4a841ee406a267f216f8c9f332cb77.jpgThe Stig: ....... .... ....... ..... .. ......... ..... .. . ........... .. .......... .......... ... ....... .. .... .. .... ... ............. ... .... ... ........ ..... ... .... ..... .... ...... ........ ... ..... ... .... .... .... .....

......... .... ..... .. ..... ............. ..... ....... ... ........ ..... ... ..... .... .. .... .. ... ....... ....... ...... .... ..... ............ .......

Short but sweet entry on the little North Midlander, much like the man himself then. May there be more Stiggy goodness to come. Cheerio!

ThisWasTheStigReadsAbout....png.d81d8c441abbb64eb41706a849890193.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Häřtferdsierndeambeu) Star Breaker - Matchday 4 Result

Häřtferdsierndeambeu Ragbi - Team Star Breaker vs. Blue Bubble Rugby Team

HNJRJNewLogo.thumb.png.74d78a399133c7c9a42ef21faa4a91c6.png Hertfordshire and Jammbo 16-32 Blue Bubble image.thumb.png.bf26bf839b10d17ee4eac5df6e51ebcb.png

HNJRJNewKit2.png.13786784a8f4ad3f427cab372cb62766.png (HEJ 8-8 BLBimage.thumb.png.cb670d40713fa2dfa4cc065c793778af.png

Tries: Diamond.jpg.df7b3791d928ac96629e1025d472a9d9.jpgDia Mondrushchenko (10'), Richard.jpg.cb54d4e8a18af16742cbb063bb94bb19.jpgRichard Hammond (68')

Drop Goals:  Machi.jpg.png.7b09d899c5128f50dcb457302d731827.pngMachi Mihailova (17')

Penalties: Takumi.png.a902415262f9af87fe9056a6f83fcb54.pngTakumi Furman (54')

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1948427433_20200219_080700.png.dbf05cce9df7f91a5202d4c539bc15e3(1).thumb.png.f9fec76586a8740df3791e3d49460c2e.png                  HNJRJNewLogo.thumb.png.74d78a399133c7c9a42ef21faa4a91c6.png

Stavka members were happy with the results so far, meaning Marshal Briand could be happy. Not only were the Dalimbari on top of their group, but they knocked out the teeth of their fierce foes in Fujai, Nieubasria, and Dilber. Even better, the mild flair-up of deviants and subversives in the far-east has been dealt with. However, it was mildly disappointing that the security services couldn't pin it on Fujai or the forsaken Cambrians.

Oh well. Perhaps with this Blubberman matter continuing, the Marshal has been thinking of starting a non-domestic television service which could use the "talents" of an insane culturally inappropriate sports commentator. Briand might have to speak with the media team about that, after the upcoming game against this "Einherfell" place. Most likely just more barbarians to sweep aside.

M E M O R A N D U M

E S B Ø L    B R I G A D E

INFORMATION 1 BIRKMÅNAD 1421
TO: STØA
SUBJECT: 18:00 KYN UPDATE MEETING (21/11/01)

NEWS OF YESTERDAY

The reports from the Harland area have been investigated. The folks in Keiserholde corroborate our suspicions of organized insurrectionary activity, though more widespread than we suspected—actions have taken place across eastern Occupied Kyn. Confirmed that main actor is indeed Bakkernes Venner, surprising as they tend to stay within Harland, unknown if there is anything to that. So far the official line is no state involvement—all they told us as well and I believe it—we would have some sort of warning if so.

ACTION PLANS

Increasing support at checkpoints and watches along Løva along General Guidance 31c. Knapstad suggested having Jaktar attachments work with techs to check for anyone trying to cross after crackdowns, we should look into bringing techs in standard. Sjøforsvaret will take care of Harlandskusten. Luftforsvaret is meeting tomorrow 09:00, Knapstad and I will attend, for now going to General Guidance 132f.

P.S. Not looking good for your picks is it, eh? Just take care of yourself and don't push it, we'll be fine til you get back.

Away from the palaver of the 3rd Rugby World Cup, two surprisingly similar national leaders got together for a nice meal and a viewing of the match between their respective nations.

[A collaboration post between myself & @embubbleblue]

[Kassakira shuffles across the seats with two hot dogs in her hands]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Excuse me, sorry, thank you!

[She finally reaches her seat, and sits down]

[Where was the 1m 90cm boy with the ridiculously long black hair & slightly too large kimono?]

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: H-hi... I’m right here. Next to the seats.

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Hey! Do you want a hot dog? One has onions on, and I have sauce in my pocket if you want it.

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: Well I don’t like onions, but I’ll have some sauce please.

[She passes the onion free one, and gets out several packets of tomato sauce, mustard, and mayonnaise]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Enjoy! Also, no hard feelings if you win.

[She smiles]

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: None taken, cheers. Although I certainly hope we can. That Larxia defeat still stings.

[He takes the mayonnaise and spreads it over his hot dog, before glancing up at Kass]

[She takes a tomato packet and puts it on her hot dog]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: I hope we could win, it would make it easier on my team, but life has its ways of teaching you lessons you never knew you needed. That applies to sports too I suppose.

[She takes a bite, chewing quietly]

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: If anyone needs to be brought down a peg in the Esferos sports scene, it’s the nation I lead. Karma probably has something up its sleeve for Star Breaker.

[He takes a large bite, also chewing quietly]

[She laughs]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Your nation is strong. I can only hope mine can show to be as strong.

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: Given time, yours may become one of the big players. Or it may even do what mine did and somehow win 2 trophies and a lot of medals inexplicably.

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: I think we already have done the medals thing. 

[She laughs, scrunching up the napkin of her hot dog]

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: Good point there.

[He cleans his mouth with some tissue and nonchalantly throws it into a bin]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Good shot.

[She turns back to the game, as Hertfordshire and Jammbo go into the lead.]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Oh, you're winning early. It's only been 10 minutes.

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: We have a habit of either going into an early lead or scoring near the end of the half. Too bad we can’t do conversions for the life of us.

[He notes the scorer and the time on a piece of paper]

[She clocks the action put of the corner of her eye but doesn't turn to look at it]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: I understand. What are you writing?

[Her phone goes off and she looks at it, sighing.]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Sorry, I have to take this.

[She picks up, and within moments, groaning into her hands]

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Right. Okay. Great. I'll get onto it.

[She hangs up]

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: You seem to be needed elsewhere. In that case I shall be going now. Kou and Promestein are meeting me in a minute.

[He readies himself to depart, nervously looking to see if any people are around]

0zmOmnfWmAx8362wQ5OlVbj2nSAGSYK5ZR70xcWDD-fREJfXbr9zvsUslSMtb1yBFl9rcJ5RMtZJQdobsBCmdAIxyKW_MaP6Gyggjs2qd8_UlASXFMfGo7XVmuWLOLSP-NuInqc4Clarkov Sahaidachny: Please don’t let my presence here go public, I’m already enough of a shy wreck as it is, I don’t need the dysfunctional team of Star Breaker knowing I’m here. Anyway, goodbye. It was a pleasure.

JGx3NYs0VaWlwMAquXsOvAVuYzz5ePP6RLBn3nxxjweNvx4vaRsrDTt1nTERMFqqd-d7rVUwodRlDOCnitFt17majceoFODIXB8An5PoMZ5E7UXV7jJx9nSoj2AqdOfEzRrEG4SIKassakira Petrovikan: Don't worry. Same here, see you again another time.

[He departs the scene, leaving Kassakira alone.]

Thus came to an end the meet-up. It was rather pleasant.

383052234_3rdRugbyWorldCup.thumb.png.faf3ed1a9477fa1d33f5930a96588daf.png

Results of the Last Matchday of the Group Stage

Group A
Santos-Dominius 10–3 Saint Mark
Denieria (NPC) 3–10 Zoran

Group A                     Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Zoran                         4   4  0  0   68  32 +36   12
2 Santos-Dominius               4   3  0  1   52  47  +5    9
3 Saint Mark                    4   2  0  2   45  34 +11    6
4 Teralyon                      4   1  0  3   44  72 −28    3
5 Denieria (NPC)                4   0  0  4   47  71 −24    0

Group B
Nieubasria 3–5 Fujai
Einherfell (NPC) 8–27 Dalimbar

Group B                     Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Dalimbar                      4   4  0  0   74  23 +51   12
2 Fujai                         4   3  0  1   36  24 +12    9
3 Nieubasria                    4   2  0  2   62  50 +12    6
4 Dilber                        4   1  0  3   46  61 −15    3
5 Einherfell (NPC)              4   0  0  4   27  87 −60    0

Group C
Blue Bubble 15–14 Giovanniland
Hanita Gracse 13–30 Hertfordshire and Jammbo

Group C                     Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Larxia                        4   4  0  0   62  33 +29   12
2 Blue Bubble                   4   3  0  1   72  56 +16    9
3 Hertfordshire and Jammbo      4   2  0  2   68  62  +6    6
4 Giovanniland                  4   1  0  3   52  66 −14    3
5 Hanita Gracse                 4   0  0  4   43  80 −37    0

Group D
Qostaoyae 9–15 Min-Su
Nagaraningrad 0–5 United Adaikes

Group D                     Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 United Adaikes                4   4  0  0   65  39 +26   12
2 Cambria                       4   3  0  1   79  75  +4    9
3 Min-Su                        4   2  0  2   53  47  +6    6
4 Nagaraningrad                 4   1  0  3   32  29  +3    3
5 Qostaoyae                     4   0  0  4   51  90 −39    0

Knockouts Bracket for the 3rd Rugby World Cup

image.thumb.png.7a9413468be69cfb64d061310ed283c4.png

Cambria launches 1423 Rugby World Cup bid forecast to deliver $3.75bn boost

• Three million fans projected to attend 48 matches
  •  ‘A remarkable opportunity,’ says Rugby Cambria

Ea1tPqA.png

Rugby Cambria is in a dialogue phase with World Rugby and will move into a 1423 World Cup candidate phase from March. Photograph: Marco Ocram/Wallace Images

Cambric Associated Press
Sat 19 Feb 1422 08.16 PET

Rugby Cambria vice-chairman Peggy Schuyler says that hosting the 1423 World Cup would be a remarkable opportunity, after a bid was set-in-motion in Bastian on Friday morning amidst a rally cry of Breng Het.

The bid projects that if the 1423 tournament is awarded to Cambria, there will be over 800,000 international visitors and more than three million people attending. The substantial economic windfall has been projected with a total financial output of $3.75bn forecast for the event, which would feature 20 nations and 48 matches over eight match days and be played at eight venues.

“Hosting Rugby World Cup 1423 is a remarkable opportunity for Cambria, which would drive substantial economic outcomes for our country, while also providing a lasting legacy for rugby in Polaris,” Schuyler said.

“It would also allow us to support the Crown government’s ambitions around major events in what is the beginning of a crimson and gold decade for the nation - we are excited for the potential of every major tournament being on Cambric soil through 1432.”

Rugby Cambria is currently in a dialogue phase with World Rugby and will move into a candidate phase from March, when they will construct their detailed bid proposal. An evaluation phase commences 1423, with the Rugby World Council voting on the hosts just prior to the next tournament.

“Hosting Rugby World Cup Four would be an inspirational moment for the game in this country and a boon for Polaris, presenting a grand opportunity to grow the game,” said Macio Rasband, the Lions’ new general manager, of the Cambric bid.

“Yes, I’ve seen the comments.”

This was Coach Ferne Huxtable’s reply when asked about the comments made by pundits at home that the current national team is not peforming the level shown by the previous team.

”This might come as an excuse, but we need to put in multiple factors as the reasons for every comment on what the pundits say,” Coach Ferne continued, “though we don’t let those comments affect us. It’s their opinion, and they’re entitled to do it.

“When the team first met two months ago, we decided that our mentality for every game is that we’re playing the last game of the tournament. Despite sweeping our opponents in the Group Stage, we’ll make sure there’ll be no room for complacency to ensure we will get the result we want against Blue Bubble.”

When asked about her thoughts on Blue Bubble Rugby, Coach Ferne replied, “They’re surely making efforts to put their name on the map when it comes to sports, and it’s very effective. There’s the hosting and the good showing in Esferiad, as well as the upsets in this tournament. This quarterfinals will surely be a great game for both sides.”

When asked about comments on the other match-ups, Huxtable flatly refused to answer the question.

”I’m here to answer questions related to our upcoming match against Blue Bubble. We’ll do our best to win, and regardless who we meet in the next round, we’ll prepare for it the same way we prepare for games.”

03072019-26.jpg.8818d21742d2391f1b00ad3b90d183e7.jpg

"How are we feeling lads? First time in the knockouts of the Rugby World Cup?" Eddie Hansen asked in his address to the team.

"I believe I speak for the whole team when I say that we're ready for the next challenge. Cambria won't know what hit them, when they face us tomorrow," Captain Kirk replied to assent from the rest of the team.

Felix Cage added, "We have prepared for the Cambria match very well. We have studied their tactics, and created counter-tactics and surprise tactics of our own. We have prepared in the best way possible, now you just need to go out there tomorrow and be confident. Confidence will be key in the match against Cambria, and of course the matches ahead."

"We're also the only Andolian team left, so let's bring the trophy back to Andolia. It's been away from its home for far too long," another player added. The other players murmuring their support.

"Lets go out there and give it our best shot and show those Cambrians that you do not mess with the Larxia."

"Let's go on the count of three. 1...2...3. COYF"

"COYF" Every player in the room shouted at the top of their lungs

image.png.57e715f9d195b9c624165e3d5bda8b76.png

The TV shows the Blue Bubble vs Giovanniland Rugby game, with commentary by Jak and James.

James: And they are just pushing down the field! We are currently 6 points away from a tie, and it's about 2 minutes to go. This is phenomenal.

Jak: Oh my god, he's got it. One last throw to the ground, it's a try and brings us to a goal kick. This is strong. 14-13. 1 more minute to go.

James: Of course, the Conversion kick. The country holds their breath. 

Jak: He's… HE'S DONE IT. LEKAN KISEM HAS MANAGED IT, BRING US TO A WIN WITH A MINUTE TO GO.

James: 15-14. Is it too early to celebrate?

Jak: it's never too early in my books

The sound of Jak moving about on set is heard, along with James trying to not laugh.

James: The ball is back in play, not much now, we just have to defend ourselves.

Jak, sounding far away from the microphone: make sure Tennie asks what she's feeding them because they are ON FIRE. 

James: they are certainly doing well, they have really evolved as a team now against other well known opponents.

Jak still far away: have they won yet?

James: no, a few seconds now… and yup we are through to the quarterfinals! We will have to wait to find out whom we will be against, but what delight!

The TV shows the team coming together to celebrate, Ness and Aina hugging each other on the sideline

James: and there is the new coach Aina Eglitis and new captain Ness Kayo. They have been excellent on advice on the sideline, clearly both have an idea of what the team can and need to do- what's this?

Jak: The best rum I could buy on-

The TV cuts the audio off for an audio of the stadium, as Blue Bubble heads back to the locker room. There is Tennie following them, asking how they feel. 

Lekan: I feel amazing, we keep putting in the hard work and effort, and it keeps paying off. I hope it will continue

He walks past and Tennie stops Ness and Aina, asking the same thing.

Ness: honestly great! I have loved seeing my team achieve what they keep achieving, and I have picked up a lot from sitting out too. 

Aina: welcome to my life

They all laugh

Aina: they are a great group of people, and they always give 110%. So I'm proud of them, they are really becoming what I hope they would become. 

They head inside and Tennie grins at the camera, having got a message a few seconds prior in her ear about Jak's antics

Tennie: and there we have it, Blue Bubble is in the Semi-final, and they are going in strong. They are a lovely group, and I think I can speak for every Glenpavian that we are proud of them too. Aina has really pushed the team into shape after a month without a coach, and despite losing her captain position, seems in a good place to continue coaching. Back to the studio.

The studio was surprisingly still clean, and James was sitting on a sofa, two empty drinks on a glass table between him and Jak.

James, smiling: Thank you, Tennie.

Edited by embubbleblue
IDK what part we are on... changed semifinals to quarterfinals

SITUATION REPORT - LEVEL: STAVKA-ONLY - SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS BRANCH / BLACKWATER AND TITAN GROUPS

Special Investigations Branch requests STAVKA approval for utilization of "Blackwater" and "Titan" Groups in trans-frontier operating areas. 

Following successful execution of "Operation Thunderbolt" in Odda area, the Far-Eastern Control Zone has experienced 48 hours of general stability. With the arrests of 336 individuals, all of whom were sent to Camp 22-U, the main agitation network has been deemed subdued. However, Signals Branch has detected a sharp increase in the past 12 hours of communications crossing the border from Fujai into FECZ.

"Blackwater" and "Titan" groups, if approved, will work clandestinely to determine the connections between the Fujansk regime and insurrectionists on Dalimbari territory....

---

Reading the situation report, Marshal Briand looked over at the television screen showing the highlights of the Dalimbar vs Einherfell match. Blackwater and Titan groups had an odious reputation even within the hardline circles, but no one could argue they weren't effective in their operations. What concerned him was an accidental escalation of what is currently a relatively peaceful situation.

The sports commentator on the television then mentioned that the Cambrians had expressed public interest in hosting the next Rugby World Cup.

"No. Hard no. Absolutely not. It's one thing for them to host sports we don't care about and can boycott, but not this. Not our game! Ivan, tell Special Investigations that we authorize Blackwater and Titan. Let them know that scope of actions may include Cambria if they get any leads from that direction."

1478843819_SDCSNSportsmasthead.thumb.png.588f415abf278c41f3ad6fa53e163830.png

RWC3 Commentary: Match Day 4, Post-Match

Presented by SDCSN3 head sports correspondent Hector Lafontaine

[OOC Disclaimer: The following RP is presented as a script. Imagine as if these characters said and did these things on live television, which is then compiled into a clip and put on the SDCSN Sports website.]

LAFONTAINE: Good evening, viewers. From Markanus Stadium in Leo Rugiet, Zoran, I myself at Santo-Dominian Cable-Satellite Network Channel 3 bring you live coverage of the 3rd Rugby World Cup. Our RWC3 coverage is brought to you by our sponsor today, Credit Santosie-Dominigne. CS-D is the bank that will keep your money safe from tax authorities everywhere, domestic or foreign. Following the resignation and detention of Approctoflecticus Blubberman, I, Hector Lafontaine, have become the new SDCSN3 head sports correspondent. As such, I will be your host for the remaining duration of the 3rd Rugby World Cup, while my former co-host remains embattled by Zoranian litigation.

LAFONTAINE looks to somewhere off the recording set. A few whispers are heard but the contents are inaudible.

LAFONTAINE (nonchalantly): I have been told that members of the camera crew have fallen asleep due to my monotonous reporting tone. I will endeavour to prevent that from happening again.

Loud snoring is heard from behind the main camera. LAFONTAINE lets out an inaudible sigh.

LAFONTAINE (somewhat tired): Disappointing. (Turns to the camera.) Anyways, let us analyse the results of Match Day 4, the final day of the group matches. Starting with Group A. Team SD has defied expectations by winning a 10-3 victory against opponents from Saint Mark that were perceived to be comparatively greater in strength. A remarkable event indeed. And in the other Group A match, the Zoranians proved their might once again by inflicting a 10-3 defeat against the perennially-losing Denieria. Quite remarkable.

A big yawn of boredom is heard, presumably by someone standing close to the audio equipment.

SOMEONE AMONG THE CREW (panicked): OH CRAP! (In a hushed tone.) Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

LAFONTAINE: Viewers, my apologies for that unforeseen audio interruption. It appears that the crew are rather fatigued today. Anyways, moving onto Group B. The otherwise pacifist nation of Fujai has uncharacteristically defeated Nieubasria, its neighbour in Polaris. They won a 5-3 victory. Well done. In the other Group B match, Dalimbar continued its winning streak by defeating Einherfell in a 27-8 landslide that rocked the entire stadium it was played in. Congratulations to Dalimbar for their most spectacular performance in that particular match.

The main camera capturing LAFONTAINE begins to tip downwards extremely slowly but visibly. LAFONTAINE fails to notice.

LAFONTAINE (unbothered): Let us turn to Group C. Blue Bubble has won a 15-14 match against Giovanniland, earning their place in the knockouts while once again damaging the Giovannilandian national psyche. My sincerest congratulations to the Glenpavians and dearest commiserations to Giovanniland. And although Hertfordia failed to secure a place in the knockouts, they still put on a good performance by winning a 30-13 landslide against Hanita Grasce. Commiserations to the Hertfordians are in order, it seems - they put on a great display this time around but were not able to advance. They will have to wait for the next Rugby World Cup.

The camera continues to tip down. The top of LAFONTAINE's hair disappears from view. LAFONTAINE still does not notice.

LAFONTAINE (mechanically): And finally, Group D. Min-Su and Qostaoyae, despite both failing to secure places in the knockouts, still played their match, with the Minsunese winning a 15-9 victory. Commiserations to both teams. And in the other match, United Adaikes proved that they deserved their already-guaranteed place in the knockouts by dishing out a 5-0 defeat to Nagaraningrad. Congratulations to the Adaikesians and commiserations to the players from Nagaraningrad.

The camera tilts suddenly and drops, now capturing only the floor tiles of the recording set. LAFONTAINE finally realises what has happened.

LAFONTAINE: What a bother. It appears that the cameraman has fallen asleep and as such, the main camera that he usually holds in place has tilted downwards significantly. It now no longer captures me or the set properly. My apologies to viewers at home and abroad for this regrettable technical error. I shall conclude this broadcast with great speed so as to facilitate the resolution of all of these broadcasting issues. This is the channel for live and direct coverage of the 3rd Rugby World Cup. I'm Hector Lafontaine, and it has been really nice to deliver this report to SDCSN3 viewers. Stay tuned to SDCSN3 for coverage of the 3rd Rugby World Cup. I shall see you at the time of the next broadcast. Have a good day.

The screen fades to dark as snoring and rustling become increasingly loud, with sleeping crew members and cameramen captured faintly before the camera shuts off and an advertisement begins to play. LAFONTAINE remains unfazed on the set.

407370249_SDCSNsponsormessage.thumb.png.f1a3413b228c4a0f3f988f3cb105e29c.png118464059_RWC3CSDAd.thumb.png.ceb97521705c6c9d0f0a48575ad17c6b.png

New Zoradia, Zoran
19 February 1422

“Dalimbari landmine going off because of reporters from H&J…A Blabberman committing hate speech…A Blue Bubble citizen causes an incident…Cambria sets it’s eyes on RWC Four…and intelligence reports rumors about the president of Santo-Dominius putting pressure on Blabberman and SDCSN to plead guilty. Sigh These past few days have been a mixture of terrible, unimportant, and frustrating news.” Adsila stretches in her chair and gets up to go towards her window, looking out at the construction of the city in the distance, “At least city construction is progressing well. The RWC has generated quite a bit of income and has given the country an economic injection it needed. Maybe after this entire event I will have finished the Second Constitution with my council and I can introduce a form in which the people can have a voice in running the country.” She looked back at her desk where the document laid open on her computer before looking at the intelligence report left by the soldier days ago on the night of the dinner with the prince. She hasn’t brought herself to look at the details of the report as of yet, afraid of what she might find. Yet she couldn’t look away from the file, it’s contents taunting her long enough. She moved towards the file on her desk, hesitantly reaching out for it so it can reveal the answer to the question she has been asking for two years. But that was when there was a knock at the door of her office.

“Your Majesty! The rugby team is awaiting you on the video call!” said one of her assistants. She sighed before looking away from the file and walking to the door to exit her office.

I guess your contents will elude me again…for now.

Cambria says it sent 2,750 security personnel to Zoran 1422 Rugby World Cup

c8vVUV6.jpg

Cambria-trained peacekeepers stand watch outside Spirit Park, in Divando Gadoatalesv, Zoran, on Feb. 15, 1422. (Jules Bandic / AP)

Published Feb. 19, 1422 4:34 p.m. PET

SAINT-JOSALYN -

Cambria sent 2,750 security officers to Zoran for the 1422 Rugby World Cup, State Minister Freddy Liedts said on Saturday, adding Saint-Josalyn had also trained Zoranian personnel ahead of the competition as part of a standing security agreement.

Speaking at an event in the western enclave of Tara Erbina, Liedts said 2,500 riot police and other personnel were deployed for the tournament, as well as OTK grenadier unis, bomb-detection dogs and their operators, bomb experts and other staff.

"A total of 2,750 of our personnel are working temporarily in Zoran for a 45 day window leading up to, and including, this Rugby World Cup," Liedts said. "At this event, which over several million fans from across the world are expected to attend, our personnel will ensure security," he said.

Liedts added that Cambria had also trained approximately 800 Zoranian security personnel in more than 30 different areas, without elaborating. He also did not specify what the share of the Cambric deployment in the event's overall security staff.

Cambria and Zoran previously strengthened ties following a terrorist attack during the first Esferiad, with Saint-Josalyn later backing New Zoradia in its dispute with rebellious factions and several countries frequently backing insurgent forces.

Zoran has faced great international scrutiny over the length and severity of its civil dispute, but surprised the world ever since it won the rights to host the third Rugby World Cup.

The tournament is being held from Feb. 9 to Feb. 23.

Edited by Bran Astor
Zoran can't tell the difference between a city and a person

10 months ago

"Still no luck?" Aina asks the manager. They shake their head. She sighs and tilts her head, confirming a decision in her head. “Fine… I’ll become coach. You know my arms haven’t been the best, so I need a rest and… I think I can see Captain suitability in a few other players.” she says, almost reluctantly. The manager looks at her, contemplating it for a few moments. “Okay. You choose the new captain, and We carry on training. Saves us cutting one from the team, I suppose.” She nods, and walks back out of the office. Ness looks at her, wide eyed “You really-”

Aina cuts her off, “Yes. And I think you deserve the captain position - you connect better with the rest. I think we will be better this way… Making a good thing out of a bad position.” She sounded frustrated. Ness pats her arm, looking at her. Thankful. Conflicted. “Story of my life. Thank you… Coach. Let's tell the others.”

Now

Aina goes over the footage of United Adaikes' latest match play again. She pauses it. Scribbling a note on the tablet and adding a screenshot of the pause to it, she almost misses the knock at the door. She looks up, shoving her stuff to the side on the bed, and gets up to open it. Behind the door, Ness stands there, having barely limped to her room. 

“Ness? Everything okay?” Aina frowns, moving to let her walk in.

Ness looks around the hotel room. “Yeah, You seemed worried at dinner.”

Aina closes the door behind her, “Of course. UA is the strongest team we will have faced yet. I just want us to do well.” She walks over to her bed, picking up the tablet. “Take a seat.”

Ness does that, watching her “And? You spent years in an after school club which picks out faults of others-”

“That is not how debate club works” Aina frowns at her as she sits opposite to her.

“I am sure it is, anyway, you can find holes in anything. So what have you found?” Ness looks at the tablet.

Aina holds back a giggle, “Enough, I hope. Here, I have written it down.” She passes the tablet, flicking back to page one of the virtual notebook. 

Ness spends some time flicking through the notes, “Your handwriting is so dainty. But good points made… Do you need any help? I mean, I am only a spare right now, so I can spend some time staying up late.” 

Aina looks up at the TV, “Sure, I guess. The Bed is more comfy if you rather lay on that than this sofa” She takes the Tablet off Ness. 

Ness nods, “Thanks, My knee is basically fine now” she says as she slowly walks to the bed on the other side of Aina. 

“Mhm, clearly.” Aina presses play.

PUBLIC STATEMENT FROM STAVKA - TO BE DISEMMINATED BY ALL MEDIA

The Free State of Dalimbar is extremely troubled by the admission that the Cambrians have several thousand of their security personnel inside Zoranian territory. During the Rugby World Cup tournament in Zoran, several Dalimbari fans were accosted and abused by foreigners. With Cambrian personnel in the country confirmed, we suspect that these security forces either were negligent in their duties to protect all fans, including Dalimbari, or supported the abuse towards our kin. 

We demand the immediate withdrawal of Cambrian security and military personnel and assets from the Kingdom of Zoran. It is clear that the Cambrians can not provide safety in this volatile nation.   

‘Baby Briand’ flies high in protest of marshal’s recent security tirade

fqOWZWD.jpg

The “Baby Briand” balloon flies high in Zoran. (Idris Alinski / Cambric Associated Press)

By Marie Rustov, Writer
Feb. 19, 1422 7:24 PM PET

SAINT-JOSALYN —

Marshal Briand of Dalimbar, on Saturday was celebrated in Zoran in classic Cambric fashion - a “baby Briand” balloon outside Markanus Stadium, in Leo Rugiet, Zoran.

Police cars and motorcycles lined the stadium drive as a protest of the Dalimbari leader's latest shenanigans triggered more discussion over the out-of-touch positions often flouted about.

New Zoradia, Zoran
20 February 1422

After another morning of reading reports and giving orders regarding recent events in the country, Adsila let out a sigh as they leaned back in their chair and stared at their cluttered desk. She was on one of the few breaks she has during the day and she is spending that time reading over the latest news on the Rugby World Cup and was pleased to see the Zoranian team making it to the semifinals.

So it appears we are going up against Cambria next, that will be an interesting match. Hopefully our team will be ready for tomorrow, I can see that this will not be an easy match.

But as she thought of Cambria, the file containing the intelligence report came into her mind. She glanced over at the drawer that contained the file, trying to resist the beckoning pull it had on her in vain. Opening the drawer, she took the file and carefully placed it in front of her on the desk. Her heart was pounding with suspense as her mind raced over what the report will contain.

Do I really want to know what happened to him? I barely got to know him on a personal level despite spending months living together yet he helped me back in the beginning of the Civil War when nearly every other faction wanted my head.

Minutes passed as she sat there staring at the file in front of her, debating whether or not to finally open the file or not when at last she slowly opened the file and read the words on the white paper.

769277189_IntelligenceReportCGZStatus.thumb.png.7e236b5a5e3adaff6609fae3ec0a7823.png

Adsila froze as her eyes ran over the word "execution", her chest tightened as she read further and her fears became a reality. She tried to fight back the tears but the dam burst and they ran down her face like a waterfall. Her anguished cries filled the silence in the room, prompting the two Raspberry Berets stationed outside her office door to come bursting into the room. They didn't bother asking what was wrong and neither did they truly wish to discover what caused their Queen such sorrow, but they went to her side and tried their best to console her. But none of it worked, for despite all they tried to do Adsila could not be consoled. She had hoped that the one true friend she believed to have had left was still alive but now that hope had been crushed, and now she was alone with the duty of her position and the stress that came with it. She recalled the last words he said to her the night he traded himself for the safety of the monarchists and herself,

It is easy to feel alone when surrounded by wolves...make sure you have people you know you can depend on if you become Queen, Adsila.

She didn't understand what he meant back then but now, oh how much she wish she did. She ordered the guards to return to their post and to leave her to her sorrow, while she appreciated their efforts to console her she knew that it wouldn't accomplish anything. Only time can heal the pain that comes from the loss of a friend. 

The Dalimbari on the streets were certainly in a celebratory mood. The way their glorious rugby team carried themselves and delivered victory against Santos-Dominius was spectacular. All they needed to do was finish off the far-easterners from United Adaikes, and then face either of their worst enemies, Cambria or Zoran.

The street celebration quickly turned when local news reports informed the revelers of the "balloon" thing now flying above Zoran from the kilt-wearing Cambrian barbarians. An effigy of their Queen was fashioned and burnt in a display of rage. An already xenophobic population was cranked up to 110%.

800px-Effigy_of_PGMA_being_burned_by_protesters_during_the_SONA_2007.jpg