II Summer Esferiad Roleplay/IC

COL.png.802c13d36420b50e4a06a0a85a73d404.png

October 26th, 1421

Mario: Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the Larxian Esferiad Show, I am Mario Ruiz and we bring to you updates from Quoriv and Kharventhin, where the Esferiads are being hosted. As all of you are aware, Larxia had a pretty good 1st Day, but the fortunes of our athletes didn't favour them on the Day 2 of the Esferiads. Well we can't change what happened, but we will continue to support our athletes through thick and thin, and athletes, if you're watching this, all of us here in Larxia are very proud of how you are performing and representing Larxia on the international stage. Now I will pass the time to Natasha, who will get you the news from Quoriv. Over to you Nat.

Natasha: Thank you Mario. The second day of the Esferiads were a complete opposite to what happened on the first day. Our Equestrian Dressage team managed to secure qualification, but came in 6th in the final round, losing a medal in the process. The Tennis Singles event was one of the best things to happen to Larxia on Day 2 as all of the athletes from Larxia comfortably qualified for the next round. Larxia fell to a close defeat at the hands of the Andolian neighbours, H&J, losing a mere 6-5 loss. The Basketball team on the other hand was handily defeated by the Cambrians, 81-66. Even after this result, Larxia sits 3rd in the group out of 7 teams. That is all for Larxia in Quoriv. Back to you Mario.

Mario: Thanks a lot for the happenings in Quoriv Nat. Now we will move onto my colleague in Kharventhin. Over to you Jamie.

Jamie: Thanks dude. Now to the news in Kharventhin. The 3 m Springboard event was one to forget for the athletes, as only Jake Kidd managed to make it to the Semi-finals, where he ended up missing qualification, so Larxia had no representation in the 3 m Springboard finals. The 1500 m Freestyle Swim also saw no representation of Larxia in the finals, as every swimmer of the Larxian contingent failed to secure qualification, with Marcus Alejandro being the best performer for the nation. Well, onwards and upwards for the swimmers, as they will be looking to improve on their performance in this event. Larxian shooters Drake Maxwell and Hana Lee also failed to qualify in the 10 m Air Rifle event. We wish them the best for their future events and they will be training hard as well. The Larxian Water Polo team had a good day in the office as they handily defeated co-hosts Giovanniland 11-5. And the Beach volleyball duo of Garcia and Velasco fell to another defeat in their group drawings. Needless to say, they will have to step up and give it their all if they wish to qualify to the later stages of Esferiads. That is basically it for news in Kharventhin. Back to you Mario to close this off.

Mario: Thank you Jamie. As things stand, right now Larxia has won a gold medal and a bronze medal, putting us at the 7th position in the Medal tally. The athletes will be working very hard for the remaining days, and we suggest that the people turn up to support our athletes. It would definitely mean a lot to them and probably help them perform even better. That is it for today. Be sure to tune in tomorrow, same place same time. Till then Adiós, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye.

12544958_SDCSN3banner.thumb.png.0f32b9322e7100e2da5e731bc776fea4.png

"Hello, everyone! From Kharventin, Blue Bubble, we at Santo-Dominian Cable-Satellite Network Channel 3 bring you live coverage of the II Summer Esferiad! Our coverage of the II Summer Esferiad is brought to you by our generous sponsor, WHAT Telecom! It's the telecommunications giant with a recurring appearance in every old man and woman's night terrors, because literally nobody knows what 5G is! I, the morally dubious clown that is Approctoflecticus Blubberman, will be your appropriately unpleasant host for the entire duration of the II Summer Esferiad!"

"And we now go straight to covering the results of Days 1 and 2 of the Esferiad. Due to unforeseen budget cuts, we have been forced to only cover the results of the events that our Santo-Dominian athletes competed in. So, with that in mind, let's talk about the results!"

"Starting with Day 1! In Artistic Swimming, Team SD tied with Nieubasria for joint gold. An excellent performance! In 200m Freestyle Swim heats, Santo-Dominian athletes Patrice Owens, Hikari Kimomamoto, Ruby Redbridge and Dylan Haize-Ashknight all qualified for the semifinals. Then, in those semifinals, Owens, Redbridge and Haize-Ashknight qualified, while Kimomamoto was sadly eliminated. Then, in the finals, Redbridge won the bronze medal for our country, while Haize-Ashknight and Owens came in 5th and 6th place respectively. Congratulations to Ruby, and fantastic effort to Patrice and Dylan!"

"Day 1 was Match Day 1 for Water Polo. On that day, Team Santos-Dominius unfortunately lost 5-9 to Esferiad co-host Team Giovanniland. This puts our team at the bottom of Water Polo's Group B. A disappointing performance. Now onto Day 2: in 3m Springboard Dive, Santo-Dominian athletes Giovanni Dupont qualified in the heats, while peers Giuseppe Gravetti and Giorgio Escalini were eliminated. Dupont then qualified in the semifinals, but got 9th place in the finals. We didn't win, but good effort to Giovanni, Giuseppe and Giorgio. The 3Gs, let's call them!"

"Next up was 1500m Freestyle Swim. In the heats, Aliana Evans, Miguel Felipez and Rachel Menenda qualified, while Marc Spisse was eliminated. Then, in the semifinals, Evans, Felipez and Menenda were all sadly eliminated. Good effort to Aliana, Miguel and Rachel though! In windsurfing, our athletes Nicola Fantino, Selene Leroux and 'Alluring Queen of the Waves' Melissa Berlioz all got through the fleet racing stage. Then, in the finals, Fantino, Leroux and Berlioz got 10th, 9th and 6th place respectively. Blue Bubble dominated the top 3 for this event, but good effort to Nicola, Selene and Melissa!"

"Day 2 was Match Day 2 for Water Polo. On that day, Team Santos-Dominius lost 7-8 to Team Teralyon. This puts our team at 2nd last on in Water Polo's Group B. Good effort to the team though, it was close! And that's it - that's all the events Santos-Dominius participated in. Now let's look at the medal table after Day 2!"

"In the medal table, Santos-Dominius is at 8th place out of all 19 participating nations! We have 1 gold earned by Team SD in Artistic Swimming, no silver medals, and 1 bronze earned by Ruby Redbridge in 200m Freestyle Swim. That gives us a total of 2 medals! Blue Bubble sits firmly at the pinnacle of the table with 4 golds, 6 silvers and 5 bronzes for a staggering total of 15 medals! Tied for a distant second are Hertfordia at 3 golds, no silvers and 1 bronze as well as Saint Mark at 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronzes for a total of 4 each. Great job to Blue Bubble, and good effort to Hertfordia and Saint Mark!"

"And that wraps up today's coverage! Unfortunately our exclusive interview with Mr Damian Delarue-Brouillard, chairman of the Santo-Dominian National Esferiad Committee(SDNEC), has been pushed back to a later date. This is the channel for live and direct coverage of the II Summer Esferiad! I'm Approctoflecticus Blubberman, and it's been really nice to see our country's best athletes try their best in our very first Esferiad. Stay tuned to SDCSN Channel 3 for coverage of its events, and see you whenever stuff happens!"

226438228_Esferiad2WHATTelecomAd.thumb.png.04b9dc77df777f035145184fd56018cf.png

Anarytha, Farlinevero Province, Giovanniland—18:00 PM International Atomic Time, 26th October 1421

"This was a tiring day of school," thought 12-year-old Tomás, as he left the Anarytha Middle School and started to search for his mother Barbara that would take him home.

At that time of the day, his father Lorenzo would still be working in Uprinopolis, the capital of Farlinevero Province, which was 30 kilometers to the southwest of their home town Anarytha. It wasn't an easy life for his family, and Anarytha was a poor city of around 10,000 inhabitants near the border with the sparsely populated Sud-Garavanda Province.

After some time, he managed to find his mother, waiting for him in an old-looking car. "So, how was school?" asked Barbara.

"It wasn't bad, as always I struggle in the math class, but having sports class at the end of the day was nice", her son replied.

"I do think," the mother thought, "that you could be a nice athlete in the future if you continue being dedicated as you are." She added, "just like those we're seeing in the Esferiad."

"That would be so cool..." he replied, as he and his mother passed through the streets of Anarytha and got closer to their home in a poor suburb.

His thought went deep into this idea of becoming a future Esferiad athlete, and time flied. Soon they had arrived. "Dad isn't here yet," Tomás said as they arrived.

"Indeed, he's probably driving from Uprinopolis to here," his mother answered. "Let's turn on the TV," she offered—their TV was one of the few modern things at home, and of course it wasn't of good quality and had few available channels, but the ones broadcasting Esferiad events were available.

He grabbed the remote control and turned on. The screen was displaying the 1500 m Freestyle Swim athletes as the first semifinal started. "Now, Giovannilandian athlete Zulmira Frambersa will prepare to swim!", said narrator Alice Qwarnyi-Terra from Quoriv.

"and Zulmira has started! She's now third, but the top 3 are all close! Go, Zulmira, go!", the narrator continued. The competition proceeded, while mother and son watched. "Zulmira has now taken the second place with just three minutes to go! Will she be able to take the first one as well?", said the narrator.

Barbara thought, "it's better for her to not spend all the energy so she has some for the final". It seems the mother was right, as Zulmira slowed down but still maintained some advantage ahead of third place. "And Zulmira is second! Fourteen minutes and 42.55 seconds, she is now qualified for the final!", the narrator Alice said with joy.

Tomás wanted to see the other semifinal in which Andriana Viryanth would be seen, but his mother suggested him to take a quick shower so as to get that done and not miss the final. "Okay then," he reluctantly replied.

Twenty minutes later he was back from the shower, while Andriana had already qualified for the final as well. In Quoriv, hundreds of kilometers to the north, both Zulmira and Andriana were preparing for their possible medals.

"And now, the final is about to start! Will Giovanniland earn a medal?", the narrator asked to themselves, "that's what we'll see now!" A quick pause, and the final match started. "Zulmira gets ahead of everyone else by performing a nice jump into the pool—but oh no, what's that? Andriana has just fallen in an odd way and is now in last place! Oh no..."

Five minutes later. "And Zulmira has lost first place, but it's not the end yet! Andriana seems to have recovered and is now in fifth place!", Alice told to the spectators all around Giovanniland. Another five minutes passed, and Zulmira was still in second, but Andriana was now in fourth.

The competition was down to the final meters, with Tomás and Barbara nervously looking at the screen. "Hey, a silver medal isn't that bad!", she thought. But deep down, everyone wanted Giovanniland to get its first gold medal. Soon, Alice the narrator said: "Andriana has just taken third place, we've got two Giovannilandians in the top 3 now!"

"We approach the end of the competition, Zulmira is neck and neck with the first place while Andriana has taken third!" A few seconds later... "and Zulmira has taken first place again!!!... three, two, one, SHE'S THE WINNER!" One second later, Kaetana Makado from Blue Bubble had also arrived and so did Andriana, completing the podium. "Two medals in one event, Giovanniland now has three medals! Woohoo!" the narrator said.

Tomás and Barbara cheered, and watched the medal ceremony of that event with happiness. It was soon dinner time, and Tomás wanted to watch more of the Esferiad, but his mother called him. His father Lorenzo arrived, and he was told the news, all the family celebrating despite their tough routine—among all hard things life has to offer, it was nice to have some comfort.

Soon, three hours had passed since Tomás' classes and the clock reached 21:00 PM. "Bed time, my dear Tomás," his mother said. He obeyed her, going to his bedroom and grabbing his pajamas to sleep. Laying in bed, his thoughts were still in the nice event of the Esferiad that they had watched earlier, reinforcing his future idea of becoming an athlete. "Only time will tell," he thought as he quickly went asleep.

XYn2qag.png

ZoNhcsE.png

— We all have questions sometimes, we're all confused sometimes, welcome to Hva i allverden!? Where Alva will try to answer your burning desires on the day's hottest topics —

Hei Hei! Today we've got what was a doozy even for me! I'm sure most of you are watching and listening to the Esferic Games right now, but if you're not, then maybe get out from under your rock and smell the sportsballs or something? I'm told that's what the kids are saying these days, but the glare from my child as I write this does not bode well. Anywho, on to today's topic:

Hva i allverden is going on with taekwondo!?

If you were paying attention to the taekwondo events the last few days, you probably encountered the word "repechage". At least three of my friends have asked me about it in the last two days, and I probably tuned out even more. So what is repechage? Well, according to UiK Ordboken, it is:

repechage (plural repechages)

1.  (sports) A heat (as in rowing or fencing) in which the best competitors who have lost in a previous round compete for a place or places yet left in the next round.

That helps a little bit! So repechage takes some of the losers in a tournament and lets them compete after they get kicked out, kind of like a consolation bracket? Well, no, not exactly. You see, repechage is specifically designed to combat the "what if" of two very good competitors meeting early in the tournament, which would normally knock one of the best out of any running. Repechage specifically takes those who lost to the ultimate winners and allows them to compete for positions lower down, usually 3rd place.

In Esferic taekwondo, a repechage bracket is used for this purpose—after the semifinal, the competitors who lost to the two athletes in the final—the ultimate gold and silver medalists—get put into two brackets, one for each half of the original tournament. The competitors then compete for two bronze medals—one for each bracket. Our lovely designer, Ask, put together this illustration of the Esferic taekwondo tournament for you, with those going to repechage marked with a red dot:

[click here to view a larger version!]

JlUQH37.png

So what we've got is Karabo Botha and Naho Sotirova making it to the final. Those who lost to Botha were, in order, Jerry Miko, Elisabet Bernat, and Vekar Grikis. They all went into one repechage bracket. Those who lost to Sotirova were Tinlar Ranbo, Amandita Gautchyn-Fernandes, and Takondwa Cardoso, who all went into the other. The first two who lost play a match against each other, then the winner of that match goes on to compete against the third person to lose, who made it to the semifinal. The two people from each repechage bracket who win that final match are each awarded a bronze medal. Surprising, I know, but this is one of the very few sports that awards more than the standard three gold, silver, bronze.

Now, any questions? If there are please return to the top and read everything again! Once you've gotten a good grasp on it, there are a few other sports that will include repechage coming up, like cycling, judo, rowing, and others, so there'll be plenty of opportunity to test your chops. Until next time, ha det bra!

3chJzfn.png

IMG_20211027_091457.png.2f10e60e201a00795f974f76e4ab5640.png

SUMMER ESFERIAD DAY 3

Hello everyone, I report from Kharventhin, Blue Bubble. Another less exciting day for us, after still no medal collection. However, we congratulate the athletes who have been in action today.

Lee Kuan Cheng, Albert Soffian and Alicia Rozak have competed in the 200m backstroke. 2 of them failed to get past the heat stage while Kuan Cheng finished the competition in the semi -finals, finished 6th and failed to advance to the final.

As for Bryan Charasandran, he finished the high jump competition in 16th place. Congratulations to the 20 -year -old athlete.

IMG_20211028_134121.thumb.jpg.38844db52a3463b5ce1dc7357238b883.jpg

High Jump final result

And for the equestrian, Mizan Zainal Abidin, finished the competition in 9th place. "I apologize to all Arifians, I can do better, but I feel sick since yesterday. Although the sports minister himself gave me the green light to quit from this event, but I still want to compete in it for Arifiyyah".IMG_20211028_134143.thumb.jpg.a6254d76c61cfc4b67eee036a9bd6171.jpg

Equestrian Individual Eventing final result

61492773493_MizanZainalAbidin.jpg.4f1790cec8d35edd5f46c651c1f13dca.jpg

Mizan during the match

3 athletes on the running track, and 2 of them finished the 100m run in the semi -finals 2.IMG_20211028_134219.jpg.07a5b6758acdcad2b5b401dd22b2e122.jpg

Not forgetting also the national Basketball team, taking advantage of a day without competition with full -time training to surprise everyone. Luckily for us, the national team is now ranked 6th out of 7 after Tupmonia recorded a defeat to Nieubasria.

And this is the latest medal tally standingsIMG_20211028_134413.thumb.jpg.ca5b8c92937b4e33c81bfceab2db840f.jpg

Blue Bubble looks serious in this Esferiad after successfully collecting 5 gold 7 silver and 6 bronze! Followed by Hertfordshire and Jammbo with 4 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze. while Arifiyyah has yet to have any medals. We hope a miracle happens to our athletes the next day, to be able to at least get one medal to our home.

That's all the reports for today,see you next time.

Reported by: Mahmoud Hammadi

844195392_ScreenShot2021-10-26at11_47_03AM.thumb.png.4b430c4b5da25a67963636ea5430e96d.png

DAY THREE–HEADLINES

- The Orandian basketball team loses 79-78 to Giovanniland. The game was so close, it went into overtime.

- The Orandian water polo team loses 8-5 vs. Nieubasria.

- A win was in the cards today for Evelyn Asplund and Jane Offerdahl, now third in their group after beating Teryalon.

Kai Haagen and Jonathan Stuart place fourth in the multihull event, narrowly missing out on a medal with a score of 34.

- Backstroker Quentin Sylvestre finishes with a time of 2:12.76, not enough to pass the qualifier.

- Fellow backstroker Maiken Morstad finishes dead last in her heat, with a time of 2:18.62. Let's hope this is not a trend among swimmers destined for the relay, given Axelle Reverdin's performance earlier in the games.

Arnold Nordrum, surprisingly, beats them both out, with a time of 2:11.29. However, it is still not enough to qualify him for the semifinals.

- In the 100-meter run, Jean-Christophe Genest speeds past the qualifier with a time of 11.29 seconds, placing second overall. His rival, Ilie Andreescu, is right behind him with a time of 11.65 seconds.

Nina Millet breaks her personal record with a time of 12.29 seconds, but she just barely misses the cutoff to qualify for semifinals.

- Genest and Andreescu finish the semifinal with times of 11.14 and 11.24 respectively, but neither makes it into the final.

Berix Tomoiaga ties for ninth in the high jump qualifiers, but makes it to the finals, winning Orandia's first medal–a bronze!

COMMENTARY

"I'm Lex Lascar, reporting live from the Esferiad! I'm sure we all saw Mr. Tomoiaga's history-making high jump earlier today. History-making as in, he's earned Orandia its very first Esferiad medal! We've brought him here to the studio. Berix, how does it feel to have gotten Orandia's first medal?"

Berix: "Wow. Just... wow. Everything since I made the jump has been a blur. People were cheering. Coach, my coach, and Germaine and a few others were carrying me around on their shoulders. It still doesn't feel real yet. I have to hold onto it, like this, so I know it's there." [He clutches the medal, holding it close to his chest.]

"I can imagine! It's got to be a big shift. Has your family sent you congratulations yet?"

Berix: "Oh, yes. My mother, my father, even my sisters. Congratulations, congratulations. I hear it everywhere I go."

"We've got time for one last question. Do you have any words of advice for aspiring high jumpers, or Orandian athletes in general?"

Berix: "Hm... get sleep. That's the first thing. Set a time every day to practice, that's the second. Finally, well, don't go into it with a flat back. Be ready to curve around the bar. That's what gets you extra height."

"Thank you so much for those thoughtful answers, Berix. But it seems our time is up. Thank you, Orandia, for joining us live here and now."

LOOKING AHEAD–DAY FOUR

- Match day four arrives for the Orandian basketball and water polo teams.

- Match day four as well for beach volleyball team Evelyn Asplund and Jane Offerdahl.

Amanda Orvik gets her second chance at glory in the 10-meter platform dive. You can do it, Amanda!

Tove Rud, Nathan Clérisseau, and Auden Skogen perform in the 200-meter breaststroke.

- The single-scull rowing event, featuring Monica Lovdahl, Simon Samuelson, and Richard Ancel, will take place.

Nathan Messier and Catalina Rotaru race in the 400-meter run.

- Finally, the pole vault event takes place, featuring Margareta Olinescu and Martin Thévenet.

gio_esferiad.png
Giovannilandian Esferiad Report - 3rd Day
3 Gold - 2 Silver - 1 Bronze

Sports Report Newsroom, Giovannistadt—8:00 AM International Atomic Time, 28th October 1421

Hello again, Giovannilandians! I am Carlos Nakamura-Edristyn, the host of the Giovannilandian Esferiad Report. Today I'll talk about the results in the 3rd day of Esferic events and Giovannilandian highlights, as well as present the upcoming events for the next day. Firstly, we'll talk about yesterday's events in Kharventhin!

In the 200 m Backstroke Swim, four Giovannilandian athletes participated: Jessica Girvyan-Altada, Lavanda Shenliang, Cicero Neuryanth-Vidal, and Clovis Ivanovich Santos. The only to qualify past the initial heats was Jessica, ranking 8th overall, while Cicero was unfortunately disqualified from the race for... reasons. Her performance improved in the semifinals, earning 2nd place of her group and advancing into the finals. In the end, she was able to bring home another gold! Jessica shared the podium with 2nd place Hecatia Lukanova from Hertfordshire and Jammbo (H&J) and 3rd place Ethel Merman from Saint Mark.

As for the first stage of the Judo events, Tamara Antenor-Verdi failed to qualify past the group stage but Alberto de Montemórien and Raymundo Liangzhou were more successful. Alberto was defeated in the quarterfinals and will go in the repechage bracket, while Raymundo defeated Faith Peytone from Nieubasria and will meet Funny Ṽalentain from H&J in the semifinals. Then, matchday 3 of Water Polo saw Fhaengshia win against Giovanniland, while in Beach Volleyball, our athletes Alexandre Elysthin-Zhao and Elisabeth Sanchez earned their first win, namely against Christmas Hanley and Haven Cannon from United Adaikes.

In the city of Quoriv, six events happened yesterday, notably the start of the track and field events which are all hosted in the Grand Esferic Stadium. Giovannilandian athletes Cyro Wilsim de Sousa, Humerto Cartagual Takeda, Teles Arnold-Bwaryk, and Roberto Erwaide all participated in the 100 m Run, with all of them qualifying for the semifinals but only Cyro advancing to the finals. In fact, Cyro had notably achieved first place in both the heats and semifinals, but he was unlucky in the finals as he sadly placed last. Meanwhile, in the Equestrian Eventing Individuals, athletes Clementine Reyes Armand and Ivone Lavro-Hamada had a very good performance but barely missed the podium, placing 4th and 5th. As for Tennis Singles, both Carlos Farias Errbe and Saulo Uryth-Afraberg failed to win in the round of 16 and were therefore eliminated.

Now, for some happier news about the Quoriv events! Our Baseball team won 4-2 against the authoritarian Dalimbari, and is now placed 2nd in the group behind Cambria, while in Basketball, a close match against Orandia resulted in a 79-78 win in overtime. Finally, the High Jump event featured Giovannilandian athletes Francine Sauron-Lavro, Wanda Ghunnesbert, and Conrado Trieste da Silva. Conrado and Francine achieved a safe qualifying, tying for first, while Wanda failed one jump but nevertheless also advanced into the final. The tables then turned for Giovannilandian athletes, as Wanda improved her performance in comparison to the qualifiers and earned Giovanniland its third gold medal! Conrado, who also achieved a nearly perfect performance, got the silver medal because he failed in higher heights, whereas Francine could not advance past 1.93 meters and finished 7th.

Following this quick review, it's now time to talk about upcoming events! Firstly, here's the list of events happening in Kharventhin, broadcasted on channels 206 to 210:

Matchday 4 of Beach Volleyball featuring Alexandre Elysthin-Zhao and Elisabeth Sanchez;
200 m Breastroke Swim featuring Giovanna Voclaria, Zilda Paschoal-Harveyn, Horacio Andolia Zarya, and Susanna Shang;
Judo Finals featuring Alberto de Montemórien (repechage bracket) and Raymundo Liangzhou (main bracket);
10 m Platform Dive featuring Amanda Portevinne de Sá, Lourencio Nakamura, and Teresa Blacksmith;
Matchday 4 of Water Polo (team event);

Furthermore, the Rowing Single Sculls will also be happening, but without Giovannilandian participation. In Quoriv, the following events will happen tomorrow and be broadcasted on channels 201 to 205:

Matchday 4 of Baseball (team event);
Matchday 4 of Basketball (team event);
Equestrian Eventing Team featuring Clementine Reyes Armand and Ivone Lavro-Hamada;
Pole Vault featuring Neuryn Myint, Arabella Glenpersyth, and Edna Neves-Bwaryk;
400 m Run featuring Beatrice de Abreu-Floryn, Xerxes Zarya, Fabio Oryantal-Silva, and Girvyan Gogmos Vieira;

And that's all we will have during the fourth day of Esferic events! Anyone can watch live events on the channels 201 to 210, and for members of our monthly subscription, we also have recordings in our website sportsreport.com.gl/esferiad/ii/events if you aren't able to check them live. See you tomorrow for the next report!

Screenshot_20211028-124526_Chrome.jpg.28f7cd2e4f05a68ed418a9610c744474.jpg

Dear leader name,

Whilst you are here to attend the games, as a viewer or as a participant, I understand you may be looking to also conduct official business with other leaders.

Due to this, I am inviting you and other leaders to a formal meeting event where there is place to speak privately and publicly with each other at the Duchy Estate tomorrow at 13:00 local time.

Please reply with a confirmation of your attendance and any other individuals who will be attending with you.

Yours sincerely,

Screenshot_20211028-132504_Docs.thumb.jpg.59595b0c6465b8af0d554ae985e1335f.jpg

Kassakira Petrovikan

Mpitarika of Blue Bubble

Boaventura Corporation Headquarters, Violet Harbor—13:00 PM International Atomic Time, 27th October 1421

Erasmo Allamand Boaventura sat on his chair in the room at the top of the building, sipping a cup of coffee. He was the CEO of the Boaventura Corporation, a large enterprise that significantly aided in a few Esferic projects, such as building the Boaventura Arena for field hockey and renewing five or six existing venues, and successfully bid to be one of the official sponsor. 

The TV displayed the ongoing basketball game between Giovanniland and Orandia. "Heh, with our athletes winning, I'll be able to profit even more!", he thought to himself. "Maybe we could sponsor some of those gold medal receivers for their future appearances," and as he continued this thought, the doorbell rang. It was the time for an important meeting.

Sergio Orpheus-Rossi, CEO of Lavandula Technology Inc. (an important enterprise from the nearby province of Aguamara), and Roberta Qualwill, CEO of Violet Harbor Casinos (the largest gambling enterprise in the city), had just arrived to talk with Erasmo. They were close friends controlling large businesses of different sectors, and saw this Esferiad as a way to increase their influence.

"Welcome! So, how are your companies going?", greeted Erasmo. He turned off the TV while the Giovannilandian basketball team scored a three-pointer. 

"Very good! Lavandula Technology Inc. has provided some of the technology being used for the Esferiad... for a small fee, of course," Sergio answered ironically.

"Same here, we at Violet Harbor Cassinos are hoping that the influx of tourists from around the world can earn us an increase in visitors... and in profit," replied Roberta.

"Great to know, my friends," said Erasmo. He added, "so here we are to discuss how to best use the profits we reap from these ongoing games and our next steps forward."

"Indeed we are," the two others said.

"After the games," Erasmo told the other two, "it seems we have a golden opportunity in promoting some of the less-known sports in Giovanniland. Field hockey, for example, hence the arena our company built for the games. Lacrosse and golf are two other good options."

"For me, any sport works as long as enough people are interested in betting on athletes," commented Roberta. "Our casinos in northern Giovanniland are already booming with many people betting on their favorite athletes," she added. Sergio agreed, and proposed to also provide the technology needed for these further plans.

"A very good plan, and I could help you in building some of these new casinos across the country," Erasmo offered. "Ugh, if this country just had less of those damned taxes, I—err, we, of course,—would be able to profit in an even greater way," he said.

"That's where one of my other plans comes in," Sergio remarked. "I don't think this old lady we call Prime Minister will try a re-election. I was talking with my old friend Lauro de Abreu-Floryn and he's trying to build a grand coalition of all other parties against this government led by the Green Social Party and Giovannilandian Communist Party. One of his goal is to reduce those taxes imposed on enterprises like ours," he announced.

"And you think Lauro will get enough votes?", Roberta doubted. "The two other parties combined only got 37% of the votes in the last election, while this coalition of tree-huggers and socialists still managed to earn over 60%..."

Sergio answered: "Worry not, as we have a plan to turn the tables in regards to that. The prospect of raising our economy even more should hopefully sway some of the voters, and with Amore Gil Albrecht's old age I don't think she's running for another election—

"She can't, actually. Term limits exist," Erasmo corrected his friend. 

"Oh right, that's even better then," said Sergio. "So as I was saying, I think the previous prime minister and current Minister of Foreign Affairs Theodoro Edryst-Orpheus will lead the governing coalition in the next election. Luckily, his far-left policies aren't liked by some of the more center-left members of the coalition."

"Wonderful," Roberta exclaimed. "The election is still years ahead, but when the polls happen in 1425, I hope our plans succeed. For capitalism and glory!", she said.

"I take it we're finished with this meeting," Erasmo announced. "I'll see you two soon again, my friends, but for now, may our corporations profit even more from the Esferiad."

"Indeed," Sergio and Roberta concurred in unison.

The two soon left the building and went back to their own corporations' headquarters. Erasmo turned back on the TV, and was delighted to see that the Giovannilandian basketball team won the match against Orandia—a close match indeed. He switched to another channel, and it was displaying the High Jump event. He watched as Wanda Ghunnesbert and Conrado Trieste da Silva brought more medals to the nation, but deep down, all he could think about was profit. 

----------------------------------------

Governor's Lavender Palace, Quoriv—9:30 AM International Atomic Time, 28th October 1421

King Giovanni I was resting at a luxurious bedroom reserved for him in Quoriv for the duration of the Esferic Games, after arriving for the Opening Ceremony. Soon, an aide rushed into his room.

"Your Majesty, here is an important letter from Kassakira Petrovikan, the Mpitarika of Blue Bubble," the aide said as she handed the King the letter.

"Thank you," he replied. As he read the letter, he thought: "Hmm, an invite to meet at the Duchy Estate tomorrow? Sounds a nice opportunity to strengthen our friendship with our Blue Bubble neighbors. The Mpitarika will appreciate my presence."

A few minutes passed and he finished thinking, as the aide stood near the door. "Joanna, please let the Governor of Edristania, Theodoro Anairyth-Lavro, know about this invite. I want him to go together with me; after all, his province's capital city is co-hosting the Games with Kharventhin." She quickly obeyed.

Theodoro of course accepted. Later that night, he and the King were preparing to depart the Governor's Lavender Palace and travel to Kharventhin. A small security guard was to go along them, and the King of course made this known to the Mpitarika.

7qbXkfQ.png

Idag i Verden // Today in the World
Esferic Edition

Masina Marina, Kharventhin, Glenpavia - Gold in sailing! Aline Stormo-Nguyen and Mikke Stormo-Nguyen have earned the nations first medal! The sailors carried our heritage strongly in the Multihull Sailing competition, with 2 first place and 2 second place finishes among the event's seven races, finishing nearly ten points ahead of the silver medalists. The couple shared an emotional moment on top of the podium as Arbetarna played for the first time at the Games.

Kharventhin, Glenpavia - The office of Utanriksrådgafar (Minister of Foreign Affairs) Ivo Solum (K) has confirmed that the Rådgafar, who is currently attending the Esferic Games, will be present at the impromptu conference announced by Mpitarika Petrovikan of Glenpavia. It has not been publicly announced the subject, if any, of the conference, though some in the Utanriks office have implied it is related solely to the Games.

Grand Esferic Stadium, Quoriv, Giovanniland - Many eyes are on the athletics stadium today as Vilja Arnøy competes in pole vault. The former gold medalist is hopeful for the day's competition, saying that they've come to do their best and make Braskvik proud. After their win at the first Esferiad, they had a rough showing at the Athletic World Games, placing only ninth. Depending on how today goes, we may see the final performance of this athletic great.

Kassakira walks across the main office floor of the Blue Bubble Esferiad Komity, and knocks on the door of the main leaders, Ociden Shoviv and Lena Hants.

"Come in!"

She opens the door, and almost storms in, "I have a knot to pick with both of you!" 

They look at each other in panic as she starts her rant, the door slamming behind her

"You said we will do average, and we will be shown as a comfortable but stable country. So why on Lavans dirt are we top of the leader board with 18 medals?!" She hisses, her necklaces dangle as she places her hands on the back of the sofa. Her vibes were very angry.

"Well you-" Ociden starts

"I know I asked for Guntur and my brother. But you had data analysts on this. We are running rings round other countries! Its embarrassing! I wanted to hide in plain sight, because we needed to do so to go forward as a nation. Not completely show up the King of Saint Mark!" She points to the TV, recapping the Blue Bubble medal wins.

Lena stands up, almost shaking "the athletes.. they are strong people. We werent exactly expecting this push from them either." She says quietly

"I have a event tomorrow with other leaders, I will tell you what damage you've done afterwards." She growls

Lena nods "we will look into it on our side too."

Kassakira glares at them, waving a finger at them "don't mess this up again. I dont want to be accused of any wrongdoing here because you decided to pick out people who excel beyond what is needed right now." She turns and heads to the door, done with any form of excuse.

Ociden nods "We are sorry about-"

The door slams shut. 

"-this. Lena, what have we done?"

"I.. I dont know. What have we done?" 

They look at each other. Scared. Confused. Concerned.

*the GSN analysis show will be presented at a later time, but soon.*

From the Desk of the King James of Larxia

Dear Kassakira,

I am very delighted at being invited to the formal meeting being hosted by you in the Duchy Estate of Kharventhin. It will be a good opportunity to talk to the world leaders and improve Larxia's network.

I am writing this letter to you to personally confirm my attendance for this event, and look forward to talking to you soon. My brother, Prince Dominic, who you might also know as the Foreign Affairs Minister of Larxia, will also be in attendance for this event.

I look forward to a positive meeting tomorrow.

791495965_KingJamesSign.jpg.0fecf96501bcfd6dce2540bd6f3d8871.jpg

King James Galitia of Larxia

Tweet posted by King James regarding the invite

tweet.png.b03fbb318b157840d89ea14fa7944b2b.png

COL.png.dfd3a4e96b64ad7ddd4f49d525d3bd81.png

October 27th, 1421

Mario: Welcome viewers to Day 3 of the Esferiad news. Today we will cover the happenings in the Esferiads over in Quoriv and Kharventhin, as Larxia managed to win another 2 medals, once again a gold and a bronze. I will pass it over to Natasha Diaz, who will bring you news from Quoriv. Over to you Nat.

Natasha: Thanks Mario. Hello viewers, welcome back to Quoriv, as our athletes duke it out against athletes from all over the Esferos for the prestigious Esferiad medals. In the 100 m Run, athletes Florence Carter, Chris Davies and Paula Pryce managed to qualify for the semi-finals, which saw the elimination of Pryce, as Davies and Carter made it into the finals. Both of them finished at the exact second, finishing at 11.01, but Davies was unlucky, as he was a tad bit late than Carter, missing out narrowly on a Bronze, or maybe even a joint bronze. High Jump athletes Dani Levante and Austin McMop, both qualified for the finals, but they weren't able to finish in the top three. Tennis! Tennis is where it was a good for Larxia. Tennis Start Rafael Nodial went all the way and won a well-deserved gold in the Tennis Singles Event. Emma Williams also came close to glory of her own as she barely lost to United Adaikes' Lacey John. In Baseball, Larxia handily defeated Fuentana 10 runs to 6 as Larxia go top of Group B. There was no Basketball match for Larxia today, as this was a rest day for the Larxian team. That is all there is to report in Quoriv. Back to you Mario.

Mario: Thank you Natasha. In other exciting news surrounding the Esferiads and Larxia, the leader of Blue Bubble, Mpatrika Kassakira Petrovikan has invited nation leaders from across the world, and give them an opportunity to network with other powerful people. King James is said to be attending the meeting along with his brother, Prince Dominic. Other leaders who are expected to attend the meeting in Kharventhin are Santo-Dominian heiress, Carnot Golberg, Hertfordians leaders Presizent Clarksov and Mecislaaves of Doben, Giobannilangian PM Amore Gilbrek and Prince Marsarius of Saint Mars. Tank you bery mush, I'll now pazz id ova to Zami.

Jamie: Are you okay Mario? Well, thanks anyways. I'll be taking over for the news for Kharventhin. Larxia had an average time here in Kharventhin. Marta Diaz our very own Nat's sister, managed to qualify for the finals of the 200 m Backstroke, but lost a medal position by 40 seconds finishing behind 3rd placed Ethel Merman from Saint Mark. In case of Trap Shooting, there was no Larxian representation in the finals of the event. The Water Polo team had a good day in the office as they beat the team from Teralyon 10-6, making their way to the 2nd spot in Group B. It was a day of rest for the beach volleyball duo of Garcia and Velasco, as the other 4 teams in the group battled it out today. That was all for the results of Day 3 in Kharventhin, though i believe tomorrow there will be a lot more to report on tomorrow as the leaders will sit down for a formal meeting in the Duchy Estate here in Kharventhin. Back to you Mario.

Mario:....

Mario:....

Jamie: Mario!?

Mario: Yezz, dank you fo zoining, wel see you later.

The Bauhaus Novel - Conversation Street - Episode 5: Science Corner

Rab44676142658e0add5c12b56b3f5a8f.png.b52fa34a59cca0d3daf7d96c39437875.thumb.png.3cfef6fb9d67e0e888378d877610019a.png

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Hello and welcome to the 5th episode of The Bauhaus Novel and we have been working to provide possibly the most difficult episode to produce in this entire stations existence.

DisturbedHammond.jpg.209404c0d5afddb26473adc9c1f6b589.jpgRichard Hammond: Anyway, shut up, because now it is time to plant a bouquet of chat, following a collision of debate, outside the primary school on Conversation Street.

1436128964_download(1).png.7b630424916420ce4bde55ee517c0bb9.png

The Conversation Street jingle plays as May shoots an arrow into Hammond's arm, much to his displeasure.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: Anyway, this episode will be focusing on athlete performance from days 1, 2 and 3.

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: No James that's the next episode.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: Is it?

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Yes James, it is. This episode is actually not going to feature us two for very long.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: And why is that?

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: If you'll remember, the three of us decided that we also wanted to compile how above or below expectations our HNJEK athletes have performed and see who really is the most impressive.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: Ah yes, I remember now. We couldn't get it done in time, so this current episode had to be released now instead of before Day 3's events. That also means that we'll be unleashing day 3's event schedule on the viewers even though they already know what happened.

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Yeah but who's going to complain? I mean, how hard can it be?

DisturbedHammond.jpg.209404c0d5afddb26473adc9c1f6b589.jpgRichard Hammond: Don't say that!

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: So, over now to Richard Hammond in the Science Corner.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: I'd like to clarify as the voice of sensibleness here that the following content is only of day 1 and of dubious quality and has some errors related to leaving things that should have been cut out in.

Artistic Swimming

Spoiler

image.png.274914a3c682f4c2e76c6f8a24240df7.png

200m Freestyle Swimming

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a91091bb79f5451c43018a3be7c87569.png

image.thumb.png.fa7dc79f0ce68cec68317efda7cfe6ff.png

image.thumb.png.c4c2f6136fdd361da22e830165620754.png

image.thumb.png.5a114874a9eb9f622e9f5edfdc494439.png

image.thumb.png.9a33aa9f01ce4092ad950296840acf97.png

image.png.248f7ba4a61df94ccfece38ebc41e992.png

image.thumb.png.35b024733e7fe132f3b9f8b855de050c.png

Individual Archery

Spoiler

image.png.419234696e1aa377b07489af7cecc948.png

image.thumb.png.ba4dda8027611e85173dbe6a2520bce4.png

Equestrian Individual Dressage

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.293dcf2c1c4860d43c6392483cff5b64.png

image.thumb.png.bf4026c23dc050cf7c30a7344afd245b.png

image.thumb.png.7d1a15e3b695d9c8546303a43a76bbaf.png

One-Person Dinghy Sailing

Spoiler

image.png.3f6f5c653e9c502c85cc9c6c50abd865.png

image.thumb.png.94f79bad0c0e5234f2b6494c84a01026.png

10m Air Pistol Shooting

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2bf05a84e2ccc4fb58ce17be757900d2.png

image.thumb.png.6bfc9886c4e45cf42ed849f49469b3dd.png

Individual Taekwondo

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ea94b8b18d8fd3ff6ec6911a21981ed6.png

image.thumb.png.d4430a5fc72a01fa2e53dcaeb002f40d.png

Water Polo

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0ddf3033037766377356cd99109749ac.png

image.thumb.png.c00b29d103dfa601a22c25dcfcff15a6.png

image.thumb.png.16e389b9a4e33d589a114efafef13405.png

image.thumb.png.c145657e7b9cbe8fe51bdff3955cdde6.png

Baseball

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a2c0103c7befce3af5368cb85efba2fd.png

image.thumb.png.686aab1b40a8564dac2494b39d9a50f7.png

image.png.65d96414e3128105c27c10a927aaf13c.png

image.thumb.png.6a7e2d84ee71c862d3b35e2157cd383b.png

Basketball

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.90c579a2a50ff29be9c1aa000f5dc446.png

image.thumb.png.07fb08b993b92d0edf87d0923ebf2423.png

image.thumb.png.4bb09d76ddc2669c264905d90f7c4b7d.png

image.thumb.png.8587f7ab2551132d87e9707afd0174d1.png

Beach Volleyball

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.08b475c952153d753fd6dd720952bb53.png

image.thumb.png.168619cd3e4ae2fa32c7f9ff7ad39a5f.png

image.thumb.png.f2fbc4dc1a550e95126d98111d5713da.png

image.thumb.png.4e965201f3fe562e99fe5a2cdd818489.png

DisturbedHammond.jpg.209404c0d5afddb26473adc9c1f6b589.jpgRichard Hammond: Thank you Jeremy, now this is really quite simple. Okay, understeer works like this: you drive down the road, you turn the wheel but the car goes straight on, crashes into a tree and you die. Oversteer works like this: you drive down the same bit of road, turn the wheel but the back of the car flips round and you go off the road, crash into a tree and you die. Now oversteer is best because you don't see the tree that kills you.

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Hammond. What was that?

DisturbedHammond.jpg.209404c0d5afddb26473adc9c1f6b589.jpgRichard Hammond: That was important consumer advice.

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Was it?

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: To be fair he did put the actual Science Corner content on the screen so viewers can look at that while he tells us about what made his career successful.

DisturbedHammond.jpg.209404c0d5afddb26473adc9c1f6b589.jpgRichard Hammond: Yes. Hahahaha. [Sarcastic fake laugh]

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: Open ticket!

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Yes, now I'll end if I may by showing not just the events of Day 4 but also the events of Day 3.

DisturbedHammond.jpg.209404c0d5afddb26473adc9c1f6b589.jpgRichard Hammond: We will not be showing rank comparisons of Day 2 because we can't be bothered. Day 3 may be cancelled too depending on the time we have as we have something very important to do later.

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Yes we do so there will be no episode 6.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: Why don't we just do that when we come back?

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Because I just said there wouldn't be one.

DisturbedHammond.jpg.209404c0d5afddb26473adc9c1f6b589.jpgRichard Hammond: So this is a dictatorship now.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.3ddbd971c1685fdfbfcafb66696a200f.jpgJames May: You say that as if it hasn't always been a dictatorship.

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.1bc8f55fae4e8ec9acaec9b99e895b08.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Oh it doesn't matter. Goodnight everyone!

Day 3 Event Schedule (Done Already)

Events/Ívents Athletes/Àølīts
200m Backstroke Swimming Ryuga Krieviņš, Derek Sokolov, Hecatia Lukanova
100m Track Nile Hadjiev, Lemres Romanov, Endeavour Medvid
Field High Jump Ivo Rudzītis, Peko Pekyneva
Equestrian Individual Eventing Armando Slobodyan, Kazemaru Ivanenko
Multihull Sailing Tooru Lukanov + Eiki Sproģe
Trap Shooting Patchouli Knalide, Rococo Uradulov
Individual Judo Stage 1 Bernard Girikananov, Funny Ṽalentain
Tennis Singles Finals Mina Medne, Feli Petruk
Baseball Matchday 3 Hertfordia Baseball
Beach Volleyball Matchday 3 Frisk Dachev + Robert Spïďwagen
Water Polo Matchday 3 Hertfordshire & Jammbo Water Polo Team
Basketball Matchday 3 Hertfordia Basketball

Day 4 Event Schedule (Coming Up)

Events/Ívents Athletes/Àølīts
10m Platform Diving Tanukichi Osis, Ryo D. Lait
200m Breastroke Swimming Makoto Nankov, Jean Dombrovskis, Eve Myroshnychenko
400m Track Jotaro Kishishev, Gingka Hristov, Jeremy Clarkson
Field Pole Vault Freddie Ṁḙkjeri, Ayame Kraule
Equestrian Team Eventing Hertfordshire & Jammbo Equestrian Eventing Team
Single Sculls Rowing Mizore Savenko, Dr. Ziggurat, Dharkon Tumsa
Individual Judo Finals Funny Ṽalentain
Baseball Matchday 4 Hertfordia Baseball
Beach Volleyball Matchday 4 Frisk Dachev + Robert Spïďwagen
Water Polo Matchday 4 Hertfordshire & Jammbo Water Polo Team
Basketball Matchday 4 Hertfordia Basketball

John Kramer, the only news station member left in the room, wonders what Clarkson, Hammond & May have planned for later and whether he will need to break out his traps and Billy the Puppet to apprehend them. Well if that does happen, someone is getting a grievous injury induced by karma or whatever John tries to justify himself with. Episode 6 will not go ahead, unless a miracle occurs, so we will decommission for the day. Some say that if you insult our reporting, Hammond will headbutt you in the chest, and that if you tune your radio to 666 FM you can actually hear our thoughts. All we know is, we're the HNJEK. See you next time, goodnight!

20200303_210432.thumb.png.efe1716c0917261c537bceee49f8314d.png.49567a28ebdcd74fb36298f18ef15cbc.png  20200602_203726.png.2f4f4ca9b866b1d9dbce57b6f4f053e8.thumb.png.0595c622c5ecb317bb29a2bf5107147a.png  20200602_203620.png.b848a9273be3bbb2b57dd1aff329e915.thumb.png.3f54c73680d0dbff5aad9b69bfb62eef.png  1505955566_HJCoatofArmsDraft.thumb.png.b9a5d32ccf4f75b422e5a67e1991bac6.png

SaintMarkFlag.png.01b924bca9a71ea1b5e63825ea82bac7.png

Clarkson cleared the tea things as the prince read the sheaf of papers at his desk.

"Well, we have three more medals, Clarkson," the prince stated without looking up.

"Yes, sir. Congratulations on your Bronze in Dressage."

"Thank you, Clarkson!" The prince looked up and grinned broadly. " I'm quite pleased to be an Esferic medalist! I'm even more pleased that our team is doing fairly well. I wish we had more than Paul's Gold, but there are still more opportunities. Amelia would have earned Gold almost certainly if it hadn't been for her blasted appendix. Thank God she came out of that well. Do you know that girl is still pushing ahead with the next event! Her doctors say it's alright. Her parents wish she would drop out, of course. Brave young lady that."

"Yes, sir. She is quite remarkable. Did you see the invitation from Kassakira Petrovikan, Mpitarika of Blue Bubble, among your papers?"

"Yes. It sounds like a good opportunity to meet several of my neighboring leaders, and the Duchy is supposed to be lovely. Please send my acceptance."

"Very good, sir."

YmNs5Cr.png

1203653409_esfericnewslogo.png.6b030c60a7d8d2c03a29c602e9b22a57.png

OPINION - Perspective On: Multihull Sailing Silver Medalist Gilen de Mey 
Tasha Greidhek, Saint Aiaiden

At the Saint Josalyn I Summer Esferiad, the nation was captured by the enchanting story of sailor Gilen de Mey. Lauded for his achievement in one-person dinghy sailing last year, many stories focused on his undoubtedly heroic actions at the 1412 Saint Aiaden Regatta where he rescued two competing sailors from unexpectedly large swells on Lac Cabot du Nord. Here is the transcript of one such story in a broadcast done by NBBC: 

The Olympics intro song plays and an an anchor welcomes the eager nation to the day's coverage. "Good evening all, today we celebrate the award of another gold and silver medal. Some circles particularly celebrate the silver medalist in one-person dinghy sailing, Gilen de Mey. That name may be familiar, as he was the sailor who made news in 1417 for his outstanding sportsmanship at the Saint Aiaden Regatta. I am pleased to introduce the story of Gilen, as prepared by NBBC-"

A slideshow of photos of Gilen competing slide across the screen, a voice-over begins in a soft tone- "Gilen de Mey, the 36 year old olympic sailor captured the hearts and minds of the nation in 1417 for his selflessness and sportsmanship, has a history of excellence in his sporting and professional endeavors. 

"Born in the town of Brindard, near Colkirk, Gilen was raised far away from the traditional sailing circles of Saint Aiaden and North the High. He came upon his love of the water in his second year at the Tamaric University of Saint Aiaden where he was studying chemical engineering. During a spirit event, the student union required their officers to take part in a sailing demonstration - an event later lauded for its breaking down of traditional social barriers to the sport- Gilen took to sailing like a natural. The University's sailing coach took notice, and Gilen was captain of the TUSA Sailing Team by the end of his third year. 

"Following graduation, Gilen remained affiliated with his University team and often volunteered as an organizer. All this while his professional life was picking up, Gilen was contracted with the defense company Aurantium where he would later meet his current partner, Jacen- a corporate lawyer. 

"His love for sailing was not slowed, however. Gilen and Jacen would go on to purchase lakefront property and participate in Sailing Society events from which Gilen would come to meet the Convenor of NB Sailing, the organization which trains and selects the athletes for the olympics. 

"Gilen would compete in his first Saint Aiaden Regatta in 1412, securing an unexpected third-place victory. He would regularly place in the top 10 for the next few years, along with a second-place finish to Oswin Whittlee. Something changed in 1417, because Gilen was moving along at a quick clip, even though the waters were exceptionally rough. About halfway through the race, he seemed to have a firm grip on first placement when disaster struck.

"Gilen heard the cries of two sailors competing in a different event nearby. One of them clinging desperately to their boat, which had capsized under five-foot waves. The other had been  swept 70 feet off by the rough water. Instead of staying in his race, Gilen set course for the sailors and pulled them out of the water. His hope for a first-place trophy all but dashed, Gilen waited for rescue boats to arrive. By the time they did, he'd fallen to 28th place. But Gilen's bravery did not go unrewarded. The Regatta steering committee gave him the Jan-Pieter Bloemink medal, a special award for exceptional sportsmanship.

"Today we celebrate an exceptional man, his dedication to sportsmanship, and his demonstration of Tamaric values all throughout his life."

This story paints a rosy picture of the man who has been embroiled in an expanding organized crime probe due to his husband Jacen's law firm's actions. There have been calls to strip Gilen of his candidacy for the Esferiad, but have been repeatedly rebuffed by NB Sailing and the Esferic Committee. While his role in the scandals involving human trafficking, gross fraud, and money laundering are to this date unknown, Gilen has refused to answer any questions on the matter. What has he got to hide?

2116658094_EsferiadCounter.png.c43f886e765104eba9634b5cd9e10a50.png

1478843819_SDCSNSportsmasthead.thumb.png.588f415abf278c41f3ad6fa53e163830.png

II Summer Esferiad - Day 3 Recap with A. Blubberman

"Hello, everyone! From Kharventin, Blue Bubble, we at Santo-Dominian Cable-Satellite Network Channel 3 bring you live coverage of the II Summer Esferiad! Our coverage of the II Summer Esferiad is brought to you by our generous sponsor, Pricey Pharmaceuticals! It's the major pharma company that cannot stop profiting obscenely from selling human survival! I, the B-rate personality that is Approctoflecticus Blubberman, will be your habitually conceited host for the entire duration of the entire duration of the II Summer Esferiad!"

"And now we go straight to covering the results for Day 3! In 200m Backstroke heats, Santo-Dominian swimmers Friedrich Obertssohn and Connie Rodriguez qualified, while peers Emma Beckerbrand and Adam Smithson were sadly eliminated from contention. Obertssohn and Rodriguez also qualified during the semifinals, but finished in 8th and 6th place respectively in the finals. Although Team SD didn't win, great effort to Friedrich and Connie - they really tried their very best for our country!"

"It was Match Day 3 for Water Polo today, but Team Santos-Dominius had no matches in that event today. And that's it - that's the results for all the events Team SD was involved in today! Let's go straight to looking at the medal table. Unfortunately, despite Obertssohn and Rodriguez's great performance, Team SD won no medals today and therefore our total medal count of 2 remains unchanged. We have 1 gold, no silvers and 1 bronze. Co-hosting nation Blue Bubble has pulled even further ahead of the competition, staying at the top of the medal table with 5 golds, 7 silvers and 6 bronzes for a total medal count of 18!"

"In a distant second is the perpetually moody Andolian nation of Hertfordia, with 4 golds, 1 silver and 2 bronzes for a total of 7 medals. Hertfordia shares 2nd place with Nieubasria at 2 golds, 3 silvers and 2 bronzes, and also with Saint Mark at 1 gold, 2 silvers and 4 bronzes. The Glenpavians are really excelling in home conditions - let's see if they'll be able to keep this up, or if the Hertfordians, Nieubasrians or Saint Markians can pull off a spectacular comeback."

"And that wraps up today's coverage! Our exclusive interview with Mr Damian Delarue-Brouillard, chairman of the Santo-Dominian National Esferiad Committee(SDNEC), will be aired later. This is the channel for live and direct coverage of the II Summer Esferiad! I'm Approctoflecticus Blubberman, and it's been great to see our athletes and swimmers throw themselves wholeheartedly into the Esferiad's numerous and multifarious events. Stay tuned to SDCSN Channel 3 for coverage of the Esferiad, and see you whenever stuff happens!"

751624652_Esferiad2PriceyPharmaAd.thumb.png.9161315096ea3ba5a465e5965f7cabf3.png

1820827690_ScreenShot2021-10-26at11_47_03AM.thumb.png.b2ccf181c37015303c357ac92aceda78.png

DAY FOUR–HEADLINES

The Orandian basketball and water polo teams do not play today, enjoying a well-deserved day off. They will return in the next day's events.

Evelyn Asplund and Jane Offerdahl cling tightly to their ranking of third in their group, in the beach volleyball event. 

- All three Orandian single scull rowers fall into the repechage bracket. Monica Lovdahl and Richard Ancel pass the first round of repechage, but neither makes it into the quarterfinals. Simon Samuelson doesn't even make it to that.

- 10-meter platform diver Amanda Orvik dives into the qualifiers with a qualifying rank of 453.55. A semifinal score of 474.35 nets her a spot in the final, but not a medal, finishing tenth with a score of 452.40 and a knee injury.

- Fellow diver Lasse Heide, with a score of 408.40, does not pass the qualifier.

- Breaststroker Tove Rud loses her spot in the semifinals to a coin flip, her time of 2:11.33 tying her with Maltilda Voigts of Dalimbar.

Auden Skogen flops with a time of 2:13.99. Nathan Clérisseau qualifies with a time of 2:11.29, mere fractions of a second separating him from Rud and Voigts.

- Clérisseau ties for the top of his semifinal heat with an impressive time of 2:08.91, but places fifth in the final with a slightly less impressive 2:09.25. Again, no medal.

Nathan Messier and Catalina Rotaru pass the 400-meter run qualifier with times of 45.43 and 46.10, respectively. But semifinal times of 44.95 and 45.07, also respectively, are not enough to put them in the finals.

- Pole vaulters Martin Thévenet and Margarita Olinescu do well in the qualifier with scores of 5.65, Thévenet making four of his vaults on the first try. In the finals, though, he only makes one of his vaults, and Olinescu makes none.

COMMENTARY

"Lex Lascar, once again, coming at you live from day four of the Esferiad! Brilliant performances by many of our athletes today, although none were enough to earn Orandia another medal. It is how it is today, folks, and no one knows that more than our very own star diver, Amanda Orvik. How's the knee looking, Amanda?"

[The camera cuts to Amanda's knee, wrapped with a cold compress. It then cuts back up to Lex and Amanda's upper bodies.]

Amanda: "It doesn't hurt much anymore. It was bound to happen sometime, at the rate I've been diving and swimming. There's a lot of knee-bending when you dive, after all. This is just... a really unlucky time for it to happen. Yeah, really unlucky."

[Amanda tries to say more, but she's having a hard time keeping herself composed. She looks as though she might cry. Lex gives her a reassuring touch on the shoulder.]

"We all have our off days, Amanda. I won't keep you here any longer. I speak for all of Orandia when I say, get well soon."

[Amanda leaves. Lex turns back to the camera.]

"Speaking of off days, we'll have more athletes who didn't quite make the cut today for you in a few minutes. After the break, stay tuned to hear from pole vaulters Martin Thévenet and Margarita Olinescu, and breaststroker Nathan Clérissau!"

LOOKING AHEAD–DAY FIVE

- The Orandian basketball and water polo teams return for match day five.

- The 1500 meter run, featuring the quickly rising star Raymond Tonneson and fellow runner Alexandra "Ice Berg" Berg, takes place.

- The long jump event, featuring Carmen Moscivici and the barely-qualified Alexis Popelin, takes place.

Sigrun Skyberg, having dominated nationwide swimming championships in the past year, makes a splash in the 200-meter butterfly. Giselle Hémery and Jan Ungur will also partake in the event.