II Summer Esferiad Roleplay/IC

Quoriv, Edristania Province, Giovanniland—08:00 AM International Atomic Time, 6th November 1421

"Wake up, everyone!", told Martin. "The hotel breakfast is ready, and last time I stayed in the Hydrangea Hotel it was really good."

It was a sunny Saturday morning, and once the blinds were opened, rays of sunlight entered the bedroom of the Altada-Silva family.

"Ouch," complained Joachim, as he grabbed a pillow to hide the light from reaching his eyes. "Can't we wait just a bit more?"

"Come on, let's go!", Angela said. "There's a lot to do today, we can't wait much more." The others then gave in, and in a few minutes were ready to go downstairs to the hotel's breakfast room, just on the right of the foyer and main entrance. 

_LHF1207.thumb.jpg.9ead0dba557c3bfe577ffe37186503a6.jpg

There was the breakfast room. It was nicely decorated, and the family chose a table just besides a bouquet of beautifully arranged violet flowers.

"Let's see what the breakfast is today," thought Joachim.

"Hmm, some grapes, bananas, melons, oranges, apples, watermelons... I'll take an orange and a slice of melon," said Angela.

"Those sandwiches surely do look nice," noted Augusto. "I think that's what I'll eat today."

"And wow, these chocolate and passion fruit pies look very beautiful! I don't think these existed last time I was here, so I'll taste some of it."

After getting their breakfast, the family sat down in the table and started eating. More and more people entered the room and time passed; the breakfast room would close at 10:30 AM.

As Angela finished eating the fruits, something caught her attention. There was a pile of several newspapers and magazines just to the right of the table.

One with flashy crimson letters said "Quoriv Quotidian". It was from the 1st of November, almost a week before, but nevertheless Angela chose to read it. The headline was particularly notable—Interview: Giovannilandian Athletes Sweep the 110m Hurdles Podium.

jVwcpyu.png

"This interview looks very interesting," thought Angela as she finished reading. "There have been other Giovannilandian podium sweeps since that one, but nevertheless it seems those four athletes are now well celebrated for the first one ever. Could there be another one today...? There must be a reason I happened to see this newspaper just today."

"Ooh, looks interesting," remarked Joachim. "Can I read it?"

Angela agreed, and her younger son started reading. Just after that, Martin asked everyone: "So, which events are we watching today?"

"I think it would be interesting to watch something different today, what about Road Cycling Time Trial? The Marta Garbahir Cycling Road isn't that far from this hotel, we just need to drive a bit to the south," proposed Angela.

"Nice idea, when does it start?" asked Augusto. "We need to go to the King Giovanni I Esferic Stadium to watch the Giovanniland v. Nieubasria football semifinal later today..."

"Oh, the road cycling event starts at 13:30 PM, we should able to lunch, watch this event, and then go to that stadium at, um, 16:00 PM to watch the football game," said Martin.

"I like this plan!", Joachim agreed. The family then finished breakfast, stayed on the hotel for a while, and then got ready for lunch and for the road cycling event.

Marta Garbahir Cycling Road, Southern Quoriv, Giovanniland—13:00 PM International Atomic Time, 6th November 1421

"So, we've finally arrived!", exclaimed Angela.

"Indeed, let's take our seats," told Martin. The family had reserved some seats just before the starting point, so that they could also see the athletes starting and ending.

The event soon started, and athletes raced alone as they were sent out in intervals, instead of a mass start. An Esferiad official announced the name of each cyclist in alphabetical order and gave them a heads up so they could prepare.

Giovannilandians applauded as the nation's athletes started: Manuella von Violetshire, Priscilla Linhares Vidal, Tadeu Rwemenbert, Umberto Winters-Gutenberg.

It was a lengthy road, although a screen displayed updates of where the athletes were. After one hour, they started to come back. Another screen updated the rankings as they finished.

Soon, the official announced the first Giovannilandian athlete to come back: "And Manuella von Violetshire has just finished, with a time of one hour, five minutes and twenty-five seconds!"

"Second place, very good," said Angela. "The first place at the moment, Ian Froome from Cambria, came just twenty seconds faster than her," added Martin.

The family then cheered even more as Priscilla Linhares Vidal finished 1:03:05, two minutes faster than the previous first-place, and took the lead of the podium. But just a few moments later, they were even more impressed as Tadeu Rwemenbert had outdone his fellow colleague with a time of 1:02:20.

"I think this is the prelude for a podium sweep," thought Joachim.

And in fact he was right, as Umberto Winters-Gutenberg then finished with a time of 1:04:18, and the first three places were dominated by Giovanniland.

The family was very happy when the last athlete of the competition arrived, and the podium sweep was confirmed. The medal ceremony was staged right there on the open cycling road, a few speakers displaying the Giovannilandian anthem as three copies of the blue-green-yellow-white flag were hoisted at once.

"Woohoo!", said Martin. "I think the event has ended now, and it's almost 15:00 PM so we should get ready to go into the football stadium."

Angela thought to herself. "So there was in fact going to be a podium sweep... my prediction was correct! I feel like more lucky things are about to happen..."

The family then left their seats near the Marta Garbehir Cycling Road and went to the King Giovanni I Esferic Stadium.

King Giovanni I Esferic Stadium, Downtown Quoriv, Giovanniland—15:30 PM International Atomic Time, 6th November 1421

YCR0USg.jpg

The family entered the stadium and found their four seats after some time. "This stadium is beautiful, those purple seats and fields really evoke the common violet and lavender fields here," thought Angela.

"This is way more crowded than the road cycling event, I guess Giovannilandians just like football more," noted Augusto.

"There are many Basrians here as well, I think in total there are 50 thousand people already," said Martin. "What's the total capacity?"

"Should be 90 thousand, I know it's nearly the same capacity as Giovannistadt's Harvonian Arena, which has 95 thousand," said Joachim.

"After all, this stadium was a new one built for the Esferiad, bears His Majesty's name, and will host the gold medal match, so it must have a lot of capacity," remarked Angela.

The game was about to start, with the Giovannilandian squad the same as last match, which was in turn almost the same as during the 1st World Cup of Football. Nieubasria's team was also nearly the same, but without Earc Velding, due to the unfortunate death that happened during the 1st World Cup.

One of the referees then called the two captains and flipped a coin to decide the starting team. The Giovannilandian captain's choice allowed the home team to start.

The two teams then each looked for opportunities to attack, in a match that was shaping up to be very even. "Our team is playing against the champion of the 1st World Cup, after all, the same team that also defeated us during the football gold medal match of the Saint Josalyn-Summer Esferiad," noted Angela.

After nearly half of the first match without many goals, Giovannilandian striker Pedro Takeda finally opened the score on the 25th minute, aided by attacking midfielder Augusto Uprines-Antenor and striker Clementine de Abreu-Floryn. The Giovannilandian fans then cheered.

However, the advantage would not last long, as in the 32nd minute Camdyn Cartwrighte from Nieubasria would make the score even again, after the Giovannilandian goalkeeper Clovis Espindola caught an initial attempt but could not stop a second try.

"It's the player that received the 1st World Cup's Golden Ball award after all," thought Martin.

That was it for the first half, with no other noteworthy happenings. "How do you think the match will end, family?", asked Joachim.

"I think it could go into extra time, or maybe even penalty shootouts," wondered Angela. "But I hope we can win."

The second half saw Giovanniland switch center midfield Gabriela Orpheus with striker Manuel Kharventhin-Derval, as the team hoped to increase its attacking style. However, none of the scoring attempts succeeded.

In fact, the opposite happened: in the 63rd minute Edric Graemes from Nieubasria scored, leaving the Giovannilandians with a losing score of 1-2.

The following half hour was tough for Giovannilandian fans, as several opportunities were created but none succeeded. Outside back Farlina Boaventura and captain Lourenço Sancho Smith even hit the goalpost, while Gustavo Goethe Zapata had two strikes blocked by the Basric goalkeeper.

The referee gave four minutes of stoppage time, during a nailbiting moment for the family and other Giovannilandians in the stadium. But finally, when hope seemed gone, striker Manuel Kharventhin-Derval finally scored the equalizer goal that would bring the score into 2-2 and the game into extra time.

"I guess the change at half time did pay off," said Augusto. The family then watched the two halves of extra time as the ball flew across the field but did not enter any of the goals.

"Penalty shootout it is," noted Martin. The two teams then chose their best players to take the five initial penalties for each team.

Some minutes later, four penalties had been taken for each team and all were successful. Theodoro Sonsyrenne, Gabriela Orpheus, Pedro Takeda and Clementine de Abreu-Floryn all scored for Giovanniland; while Camdyn Cartwrighte, Huxley Townsende, Holden Sudworthe and Landan Aylmere did so for Nieubasria.

It was then the final two penalties of the initial round, if both teams succeeded then it would go into sudden death. Gustavo Goethe Zapata took the one for Giovanniland; it was a strike that hit the top right part of the net, with no chance for the Basric goalkeeper.

Then it was the Basric striker Edric Graemes' turn. Once it was seen that the strike hit the left goalpost and failed to enter, both the Giovannilandian team and fans cheered as a place during the gold medal match was guaranteed.

The Altada-Silva family was happy as well. "Yay, congrats Giovanniland!", said Joachim. "Do we know the team we'll face in the next match?"

"Looks like it is, hmm... Cambria," answered Martin. "They had a convincing 2-0 win against Arifiyyah."

"Their goalkeeper is really one of the best, very few times I've seen a strike pass through him," noted Augusto.

"Indeed," said Angela. "In the previous Esferiad we came to the final but lost to Nieubasria, the same country we defeated now, so hopefully we can get the gold medal for football this time."

The family then left the King Giovanni I Stadium, soon driving back to the Hydrangea Hotel. Just like the previous day, a traditional northern Giovannilandian dinner awaited them. Then it was sleep time, as the family planned to watch some of the events in the last day of the Esferiad, hopefully including the Closing Ceremony at Kharventhin.

Live Stream — Press and Media Coverage — Ian MadrigalMeet the 23-year-old Basric student stuck in Rosel: ‘I’ve made some mistakes’
By Marc Phoase  •  Updated: 11/07/1421

A 23-year-old student from the Saint Aiaden claims he is stuck in Rosel after flying to a nearby airport and ridesharing into the city on holiday last Monday.

Haf Bernard, a business student at the Tamaric University of Saint Aiaden, reportedly flew into a small regional airport outside Rosel on Monday 1 November via connecting flights though Saint Josalyn. 

He booked the trip in October 1421, despite advice from the Estates MInistry for the Overthere and the Estates-Ministry for Astorian Union cautioning against travel to the city due to the ongoing seige actions by the Honourable Lord Merec. This month Bernard discovered he could not refund his trip, so decided to get on the flight as planned, believing that he would be able to leave before fighting or the siege was executed.

However, despite warning from the Kingdom's Armed Forces, Bernard failed to evacuate the city before the deadline. He found himself unable to fly out of the city yesterday, posting on social media that he was in a “bit of a pickle”. He describes the locked down, blacked out city as "eerie". 

The Estates-Ministries for the Overthere and Astorian Union have since released a joint statement that they will not be taking any actions or seeking special accommodation from the Cambrians for Bernard, and are in full support of Lord Merec in his execution of Imperium. 

Bernard it seems, may have to wait and see if his thrill-seeking will cost him. 

1546931406_esfericgocnewsheader.thumb.png.c859e99296c8c863b878174729441978.png

Estates-Minister of Astorian Union Adhamh Ferrer to attend Union Summit on AI, diplomatic reception hosted by Queen Téa in Cambria

News Release | Clarendon | November 7, 1421 | The Office of Estates-Minister of Astorian Union Adhamh Ferrer, issued the following statement:

The Most Honourable Ct.Esq Adhamh Ferrer, PC, Estates-Minister of Astorian Union will be travelling to Saint-Mattis, Cambria. He attends the Astorian Partnership on Artificial Intelligence Summit on November 14 and afterwards a reception at the invitation of Queen Téa and her officers. The Estates-Minister will meet with his international counterparts as well as stakeholders across representing various sectors and interests within the alliance to discuss opportunities for partnership and investments in the Astorian Union to help drive a sustainable development across AU borders.

For more information, media may contact: Alba Oriol, Senior Equerry Personal to the Estates-Minister of Astorian Union at alba.oriol@em-au.nb

Nieubasria strongly condemns attempted assassination of Daskellian prime minister

Statement | Clarendon | November 7, 1421 | Jur.Cerdik Sperys, PC, Estates-Minister for the Overthere, issued the following statement:

“Nieubasria strongly condemns the attempted assassination of Daskel's Prime Minister, on November 7. We are relieved that the prime minister remains in good health. We wish a prompt recovery to those injured.

“Terrorism, violence and other illegal acts have no place in the state-building process. Nieubasria will continue to stand with the people across the globe for the peaceable and productive solutions to democratic disputes. The Estates-Ministry echoes the Prime Minister's call for calm and restraint.

“Now is a time for all politicians to demonstrate leadership, engage in dialogue, and find solutions for the good of all of Daskel.”

1547039109_EsferiadCounter.png.775041bffeefc52514b47906d9996d7b.png

1482892256_ScreenShot2021-10-26at11_47_03AM.thumb.png.57c7ae77e66ce4b7aca968748f903b72.png

HEADLINES–DAY THIRTEEN

- The Orandian indoor volleyball team loses to the United Adaikes. 

- All of Orandia's gymnasts pass the qualifying round for the vault event. Jules Beaufils suffers from a lopsided finish in the semifinal, earning him a meager 13.575 points.

Lisa Zenik and Celeste Blanc finish tenth and eleventh, with respective scores of 14.825 and 14.775.

Roméo Azaïs makes it to the finals, his flawless vault, scoring 16.325 points, earning him his (and Orandia's) second silver medal.

- Roméo places fifth in the all-around with 24 points. Lisa places seventh with 17, while Jules places 18th with 3. Celeste does not place.

COMMENTARY
1430951962_ScreenShot2021-11-07at8_51_14PM.png.c79a5c9cf7cf713507afe1218ac08f48.png

"It's very easy for a good gymnast to walk away with multiple [medals]." –Lex Lascar, day nine coverage

LOOKING AHEAD–FINAL DAY

- The Orandian indoor volleyball team plays in the bronze-medal game against Blue Bubble. 

- Gymnastics team all-arounds take place.

Concluding the II Esferiad

The final day of the II Esferiad has finally come. Tupmonia didn’t put on any record showing, but for their first time participating in the games, it was entertaining to watch Tupmonia compete. Tupmonia brought home three medals: One gold medal in Golf, by the underdog Jill Comb, and two bronze medals. One by Joseph Niyazov in Lightweight Boxing and one by Al Morrington in Individual Sabre Fencing. Al won his medal today and he had this to say to our reporters, “I’m glad to finish these games bringing a third medal to the Tupmonian people…I’ve had a good and long career and I’m happy I could bring my talents to the Esferiad.” 

We also spoke to the king of Tupmonia himself, he told us in an interview after the games, “I’m proud of everyone that represented Tupmonia in these games. I'm proud of our medals and how we performed. We will come back and win hundreds more if God wills it.” 

The closing ceremony will take place tomorrow, and the king will host a feast with the medal winners with their families and coaches.

07/11/1421, 17:00 IAT - The Duchy Estate

Kassakira smiles in the mirror in the main ballroom as her brother runs behind her, throwing streamers on the chandelier.

"Honestly," she smiles "I like this more than the uniform for the opening cermony."

my-meiker-1636406612060537.thumb.png.d363ee5b7fea8b6ed9a280f544ccf5a3.png

Kasper looks as he runs to get another set of streamers, "Yes! You look amazing, gonna make the king stutter!" he jokes

She turns to look at him, shocked, "Will you give up on this quest about getting me with another foreign diplomat or something!?"

He throws the pack at her "Of course, like I pretend that I dont see those looks Meklit gives you."

She looks at him shocked "What looks?" she replies catching the streamers, and opening it for him.

He gives her a smirk "Like you dont just rule this country, but also his heart."

She scoffs, throwing the open pack back "Why are you doing the set up for your party anyway?"

Kasper thumbles to get one out, and then throws it at the second chandelier "I fired like.. everyone. Only for the day like, but I thought a new start would help them"

Kassakira groans, walking over to help "Thats just a days holiday, genius... Let me find the ladder, or you will never be finished in time"

1000215167_IISummerEsferiad.png.5e8ea3f7ae0de29a8fba8472a3cd0263.png

II Summer Esferiad Closing Ceremony

It was starting to get dark, and everyone was seated around Violet Lake. In the centre of the lake was a platform. It edged to 8pm, and everyone had started to get quiet. King Giovanni I and Kassakira Petrovikan were sat on the bottom row, near a podium with a microphone. Lights shone onto a lonesome bed with a small child and their mother on the platform. The audience quietened immediately.

“Eny, can you tell me a story?” the child looks up at their mum.

“I can tell you something better, let me tell you a legend.” she replies softly, as the lights slowly dim again, and the drumming starts. 

[ https://open.spotify.com/track/4yhvv7KxIxiyDdCo8U3nX1?si=f741371e3cec4ea5 ]

Boats are gently lit up with red lights, each paddle causing ripples of colour as they start to move in sync around the platform. On each boat, people stand on the flat roof, performing a traditional dance of the Glendora People, stomping and shouting an ancient cry of warning. The boats start to move between each other, with dancers hopping from one boat to another. They approach the platform, and the drums start to finish. The platform lights up, showing Lavandulan style dancers. The music changes and they begin to dance, with the boats’ lights turning off. The Glendora Dancers merge and they begin to dance together. You notice that each dance has a different feel - the first was of strength and curiosity, the next of culture and understanding, and the final of acceptance and belonging. The moves become more like ballroom as the first boats quietly move away for another set of boats to arrive.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jECu9zNdVwI&list=RDQMVOaDjAEH98w&index=14 ]

The following set of moves depict the north and south divide, and the triumph of Giovanniland. Done gracefully, it showed Glendora dancers willfully following the Giovanni style performers, before a change happened. The boats coming into the platform were of Glenpavia resistance dancers, swapping with the Glendora performers in the style. They show the uprising, and the forming of the nation in interpretive dance. The platform was shown on screens above behind the audience, showing the platform depicting images and motifs of the era’s history.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRrP3ESM6sQ ]

Eventually, the song changes to a more modern one as they go though recent Blue Bubble events, like the military coup, the push for democracy, and opening of the borders. This final event started the athletes' entry, each country on as many open top boats as required, as the dancers left the platform. 

[ https://open.spotify.com/track/2IIhKqYJtVIH79183A9WCK?si=adace501514c4d6c ]

Each boat had the countries’ flag on the front, with some athletes choosing to sit during the ride. They were announced in Common only as followed, In Common alphabetical order, with the hosts at the end as per the opening ceremony:

• Arifiyyah
  • Dalimbar
  • Dilber
  • Fhaengshia
  • Fuentana
  • Fujai
  • Hertfordshire and Jammbo
  • Larxia
  • Nagaraningrad
  • Nieubasria
  • Orandia
  • Saint Mark
  • Santos-Dominius
  • Tara and Cambray
  • Teralyon
  • Tupmonia
  • United Adaikes
  • Glenpavia
  • Giovanniland

Once everyone had arrived at the centre, they walked onto the platform. The final medals were awarded, and Gabriel Winters-Elyse, President of the Quoriv & Kharventhin Organising Committee of the Esferic Games, and Chi Ijendu, Chair of the International Esferiad Commission, each gave a speech on the games.

A moment of silence was held for the deaths of athletes that had happened during the games, with small lights placed on the water by volunteers as a small act of remembrance. The screens cut to the flame in Giovanniland, as commentary states that water from Violet Lake is being used to put out the flame. Kassakira Petrovikan and King Giovanni I then both announced the closure of the games, finishing with a firework display which glittered in the reflection of the water. The air was buzzing with delight, amazement, joy, and cheer, and that feeling kept long after the ceremony was over.

609812191_ScreenShot2021-10-26at11_47_03AM.thumb.png.3ffff340bbca8e92dfbbc861983fb966.png

FINAL DAY–HEADLINES

- In the gymnastics team all-around, Orandia takes the lead in the qualifying round, but somehow places last in the final round with a total score of 262.250.

- The Orandian indoor volleyball team prevails against Blue Bubble, earning Orandia's final medal of this Esferiad: a bronze.

- Orandia has earned a total of twelve medals this Esferiad.

COMMENTARY

"Good evening, everybody, in case you don't already know, I'm Lex Lascar, reporting live for the last time from the Second Esferiad. Now, Orandia has had the fortune to see many of our athletes win medals, but today we are especially proud of our most recent acquisition: a bronze in indoor volleyball! Let's go live to the team right now, for some well-deserved congratulations!"

[The camera cuts from Lex in the studio to the Orandian indoor volleyball team, still in uniform and in the arena they recently played in. They're clustered together to all fit in the frame, but a rather short man, team captain Stéphan Hedevary, stands in front.]

Stéphan: "It's been a wild ride, this past week or so. There were a lot of points where we thought we weren't gonna make it this far, but today we managed to pull through, and I'm really proud of the team for that. I think we worked together especially well today, and that's what got us the medal." [He holds up his bronze medal.] "All right, Orandia on three! One, two, three!"

[The team cheers "Orandia!" Then, the camera cuts back to Lex in the studio. He's attempting to spike a volleyball. He hits it, and the ball goes straight up in the air, making a worrisome shattering noise. The ball drops to the floor, along with little shards of glass, and the spotlight that was trained on him has since gone out. Smiling awkwardly, he takes a few steps towards the other side of the studio, the camera re-angling to hide the mishap.]

"Erm, hello again! Just, trying out my moves! Anyway, the indoor volleyball team may have been the last to grab a medal, but they are certainly not the only ones to have done so. Let's check back in with the team. It seems like they've been joined by a few friends."

[Back with the team, the camera pans out to reveal more athletes–every Orandian athlete who won a medal this Esferiad. They wave at the camera, some chat with one another, all generally having a good time.]

"I think that concludes this year's coverage of Esferiad events. Closing ceremonies will be broadcast soon on this same channel, so feel free to stick around, but my time here is over. To all my fellow Orandians and anyone else who may be tuning in, I'm Lex Lascar, and I'll see you next year!"

CONGRATULATIONS

Berix Tomoiaga, bronze, High Jump

Carmen Moscovici, gold, Long Jump

Maiken Morstad/Sigrun Skyberg/Tove Rud/Axelle Reverdin, bronze, 4x200 Meter Relay

Lars Sandvik, bronze, discus throw

Roméo Azaïs, bronze, Gymnastics Floor

Roméo Azaïs, bronze, Gymnastics Balance Beam

Sarah Michaelson, gold, Javelin Throw

Orandia, bronze, Field All-Around

Lisa Zenik, gold, Gymnastics Parallel Bars

Roméo Azaïs, silver, Gymnastics Parallel Bars

Roméo Azaïs, silver, Gymnastics Vault

Indoor Volleyball Orandia, bronze, Indoor Volleyball

~Until the next Esferiad!~

gio_esferiad.png
Giovannilandian Esferiad Report - Grand Finale
26 Gold - 21 Silver - 22 Bronze

Sports Report Newsroom, Giovannistadt—8:00 AM International Atomic Time, 8th November 1421

Hello, Giovannilandians! I am Carlos Nakamura-Edristyn, the host of the Giovannilandian Esferiad Report. Today marks the last edition of this special report before it turns back into our normal Sports Report, and I'm sure both me and many of you will miss the Esferiad. Nevertheless, there's a lot to talk today, as Giovanniland earned 6 medals during the last day and brought its total to 69 medals, of course finishing first in both the gold and total medal rankings. There were several events and the Closing Ceremony happening yesterday, and I'll now talk about those!

In Kharventhin, a few athletes of the Giovannilandian delegation and of course King Giovanni I were present at the Closing Ceremony. They watched closely as the ceremony started and displayed traditional dances of the native Glendora people, later featuring Lavandulan and Giovannilandian ones as well, to represent those empires. The latter part of this performance featured dancers representing the resistance of Blue Bubble against the Giovannilandian Empire, and then modern events in that nation, for example the military coup, the push for democracy, and opening of the borders. Athletes from all countries then rode boats also featuring hoisted flags, with Blue Bubble and Giovanniland coming in last.

Following the parade of nations, final medals were awarded and speeches were given by Gabriel Winters-Elyse (President of the Quoriv & Kharventhin Organising Committee of the Esferic Games), and Chi Ijendu (Chair of the International Esferiad Commission) on the games. The screen showed the flame in Giovanniland being put out by water from the Violet Lake, as Kassakira Petrovikan and King Giovanni I both announced the closure of the Esferiad. Finally, a firework display glittering in the reflection of the water brought the ceremony to a perfect end.

As for the events themselves, several team events had their final matches today. Within the multi-purpose Siraka Stadium of Kharventhin, Giovannilandian fans celebrated as the Indoor Volleyball team won three sets to zero against United Adaikes, finishing a stellar performance throughout the tournament. The same happened with Field Hockey, in which Giovanniland tied 2-2 with Cambria on normal time, but later scored once more to make it 3-2 in extra time and win the gold medal. The opposite took place in Football, however, as the Cambric team won 1-0 and the defeated Giovannilandian team finished with silver medal—same as in the I Summer Esferiad, where Giovanniland had lost to Nieubasria. Finally, in Rugby Sevens, a close 21-19 win against Nieubasria earned the Giovannilandian team the bronze medal.

As for the Gymnastics Team All-Arounds event, the athletes Luciano Annabelle-Taspein, Solange Souza Kandray, Silvana Mantovani, Isaias Delchiaro-Varenbert, and Romeo Saramay Mateus all competed under the same team, finishing third in the finals and achieving a bronze medal. Last but not least, the Track Cycling Team Sprint event featured the pairs of Fernandino Quardinbert/Vinicius Garavand-Silva and Cristiane Ermendea Amaral/Alessandra Kanashiro. The former duo eventually disputed the bronze medal with Mary Hadjieva/Galeem Gaismas from Hertfordshire and Jammbo (H&J) and did not succeed, while the latter one received the silver medal after being defeated by the Basric pair of Marley Duncan/Rasequin Foree in the gold medal match.

In summary, the conclusion was that this Esferiad was really awesome for Team Giovanniland! After taking the lead from co-hosts Blue Bubble, our athletes increased our medal count even further, bringing it to 26 golds, 21 silvers and 22 bronzes for a total of 69 medals. Nieubasria furthered their second place lead in both rankings, coming to a total of 16 golds and 48 total medals. Meanwhile, Blue Bubble and H&J were the third-placed teams of the total and gold medal rankings respectively, Blue Bubble beating H&J in total medals 38 to 34, but barely losing in gold medals 10 to 11. As the Esferiad has now come to an end, the Giovannilandian Esferiad Report has updated its table of each continent's performance, sorted by gold medals, and with parentheses indicating medals gained since our previous census:

Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
Aura
Giovanniland 26 (+10) 21 (+8) 22 (+9) 69 (+27)
Blue Bubble 11 (+1) 17 (+3) 10 (+2) 38 (+6)
Orandia 3 (+1) 2 (+2) 7 (+2) 12 (+5)
Santos-Dominius 2 (+1) 1 2 5 (+1)
Saint Mark 1 5 5 11
Arifiyyah 1 (+1) 1 (+1) 2 (+2) 4 (+4)
Fuentana 0 1 (+1) 0 1 (+1)
Dilber 0 0 0 0
Aura 44 (+14) 48 (+15) 48 (+15) 140 (+44)
Andolia
Hertfordshire and Jammbo 12 (+5) 11 (+6) 11 (+5) 34 (+16)
Larxia 3 0 7 (+1) 10 (+1)
Tupmonia 1 (+1) 0 2 (+1) 3 (+2)
Fhaengshia 1 0 0 1
Nagaraningrad 0 0 0 0
Andolia 17 (+6) 11 (+6) 20 (+7) 48 (+19)
Polaris
Nieubasria 16 (+5) 19 (+7) 13 (+6) 48 (+18)
Tara and Cambray 9 (+4) 9 (+2) 5 (+2) 23 (+8)
Fujai 1 1 2 (+1) 4 (+1)
United Adaikes 1 (+1) 1 (+1) 2 4 (+2)
Teralyon 0 1 0 1
Dalimbar 0 0 0 0
Polaris 27 (+10) 31 (+10) 22 (+9) 80 (+29)
Total
Aura 44 (+14) 48 (+15) 48 (+15) 140 (+44)
Polaris 27 (+10) 31 (+10) 22 (+9) 80 (+29)
Andolia 17 (+6) 11 (+6) 20 (+7) 48 (+19)
Doll Guldur 0 0 0 0
Esferos 88 (+30) 90 (+30) 90 (+31) 268 (+91)

At the end of the Esferiad, Aura continues to dominate all rankings! It has exactly half of all awarded gold medal, and slightly over half (52.24%) of total medals. Polaris solidified its lead over Andolia, which continued in third but nevertheless finished with a fair number of 48 total medals, coincidentally the same as 2nd placed nation Nieubasria. Notably, the nations of Arifiyyah and Fuentana—the two from Aura—also earned all their medals in the last five days of Esferic events, adding up to the Auran total. Moving on, we have updated our all-time medal ranking as well. Nations not participating in the II Summer Esferiad are marked in italics, while those making their international Esferic debut this edition are marked with an asterisk, just like last time. Here we go!

Rank Change Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 - Nieubasria 27 30 20 77
2 - Giovanniland 27 25 24 76
3 - Hertfordshire and Jammbo 20 22 20 62
4 - Tara and Cambray 16 17 20 53
5 - Blue Bubble* 11 17 10 38
6 - Saint Mark 9 5 6 20
7 - Novasamita 8 1 2 11
8 - Zoran 7 6 12 25
9 - Fujai 5 9 7 21
10 - Teralyon 5 7 2 14
11 - Bobki 5 0 1 6
12 - Marble Mallorca 4 3 3 10
13 +2 Orandia* 3 2 7 12
14 -1 Larxia 3 1 11 15
15 -1 Irador 2 5 3 10
16 +2 Santos-Dominius* 2 1 2 5
17 - Fuentana 1 3 2 6
-2 Southern Lavender Island Peoples 1 3 2 6
19 +5 Arifiyyah* 1 1 2 4
+3 United Adaikes* 1 1 2 4
21 -2 Eastern Lavender Island Peoples 1 1 0 2
22 +1 Tupmonia* 1 0 2 3
23 -3 Fhaengshia* 1 0 0 1
24 -3 Reçueçn 0 4 2 6
25 - Dalimbar* 0 0 0 0
26 - Dilber* 0 0 0 0
27 - Nagaraningrad* 0 0 0 0
Continents
1 - Aura 68 64 68 200
2 - Polaris 54 68 53 175
3 - Andolia 27 28 36 91
4 - Doll Guldur 12 4 5 21
Total 161 164 162 487

As you can see, the top 5 countries of the individual all-time rankings have stayed the same, namely Nieubasria, Giovanniland, Hertfordshire and Jammbo, Tara and Cambray, and Blue Bubble. The difference between Giovanniland and Nieubasria now stands at just one medal, with the two countries having 27 golds each, but Nieubasria having 30 silvers in comparison to Giovanniland's 25, and 20 bronzes in comparison to Giovanniland's 24. The other three countries also had significant increases in medal count during the last five days, notably H&J with an increase of 16. There was some change in rankings at the middle of the table, as countries like Orandia, Santos-Dominius, Arifiyyah, United Adaikes and Tupmonia all increased one or more position due to earning more medals.

Meanwhile, in the continent rankings, it can be seen that Aura has somewhat increased its total medal lead over Polaris from 10 to 25, but nevertheless the two continents remain as the sport powerhouses of Esferos. In third place comes Andolia, which earned 19 medals since our last update, while Doll Guldur of course did not earn any medals and continues fourth. It can also be seen that Giovanniland contributes between 35 and 40 percent of Aura's total counts in all rankings, with 27/68 (39.7%) gold medals, 25/64 (39.06%) silver medals, 24/68 (35.29%) bronze medals, and 76/200 (38%) of total medals. Blue Bubble comes next, with 11/68 (16.18%) gold medals, 17/64 (26.56%) silver medals, 10/68 (14.71%) bronze medals, and 38/200 (19%) of the total.

Last but not least, we present the updated version of our medal graph! As said a week ago, the columns of the graph show the medals gained each day, and the total height of each stacked column also informs that day's total. Meanwhile, the lines show our progress throughout the Esferiad, both by each medal type and the grand total. We can see some interesting information, for example that the most medals gained in a day by our team was 10 in the thirteenth day, or that our medal gain increased in the second half (40) as opposed to the first one (29). The graph can of course be seen in the web for viewers' perusal.

4858orH.png

Anyways, this brings us to the end of our Esferiad Report. We hope you liked our Esferic coverage, and our channel will be happy to report on any further regional events that may come in the future. All these reports and event recordings will still be available at sportsreport.com.gl/esferiad/ii/reports and sportsreport.com.gl/esferiad/ii/events, for those who want to check them later. See you tomorrow for the restart of our normal Giovannilandian Sports Report!