II Summer Esferiad Roleplay/IC

gio_esferiad.png
Giovannilandian Esferiad Report - 8th Day
12 Gold - 10 Silver - 10 Bronze

Sports Report Newsroom, Giovannistadt—8:00 AM International Atomic Time, 2nd November 1421

Hello again, Giovannilandians! I am Carlos Nakamura-Edristyn, the host of the Giovannilandian Esferiad Report. Today I'll talk about the results in the 8th day of Esferic events and Giovannilandian highlights, as well as present the upcoming events for the next day. Firstly, we'll talk about yesterday's events in Kharventhin!

Firstly, the Swimming Team All-Around! The Giovannilandian team, composed of all athletes that entered a swimming competition, achieved the highest score of 94 points and thus earned a gold medal. In this event, teams were ranked by performance across various events, with 10 points for each event's first place, 9 points for second place, and so on. Another event with a medal for Giovanniland was the final of Beach Volleyball, in which Alexandre Elysthin-Zhao & Elisabeth Sanchez played against Olukayode Pinho & Imaculada Ventura from Blue Bubble. It was a close match and the Giovannilandians sadly lost the tie-break, but second place is a very good performance as well.

Meanwhile, in Matchday 3 of Indoor Volleyball, Giovanniland had another win in which the team dominated all sets, this time against Larxia. What a strong showing so far! As for the other team event of Kharventhin, Giovanniland won 10-6 against Nieubasria in the Water Polo Quarterfinals and will face Larxia in the semifinals. Finally, in the first stage of Freestyle Wrestling, it was a lucky day for Giovannilandian athletes as all three of Gilmar Opheryk-Sousa, Ulysses Yang Schmidt, and Shirley Koymcarrill advanced to the semifinals. Gilmar and Shirley will face each other, while Ulysses will fight against Florentino Luis from Larxia, meaning that Giovanniland has already guaranteed at least two medals—we'll see tomorrow which ones!

Many more events took place in Quoriv, several of them team events. In the final match of Baseball, Giovanniland sadly lost 8-10 to Nieubasria in a close match, but the Giovannilandians' strong performance nevertheless earned them a silver medal. Basketball teams faced each other in the quarterfinals, and for Giovanniland this was a 83-67 win against the fellow Auran team of Arifiyyah. Giovanniland also played against Arifiyyah in Field Hockey and Football, resulting in a 0-3 loss in the former and a 2-0 win in the latter. The football squad's performance was anticipated by many fans, with most players from the 1st World Cup also competing—Lourenço Sancho Smith and Pedro Takeda each scored one goal in the match. 

As for Handball and Lacrosse, Giovanniland met Dalimbar in both matches yesterday and won both, with scores of 29-22 and 9-8 respectively. Meanwhile, in Giovanniland's first match of Rugby Sevens, the team lost 12-26 to Cambria and now stands at the bottom of the group. Finally, the other event in Quoriv was Gymnastics Floor Exercise. It featured gymnasts Luciano Annabelle-Taspein, Solange Souza Kandray, Silvana Mantovani, Isaias Delchiaro-Varenbert, and Romeo Saramay Mateus. Silvana failed to advance past the qualifiers, while for Romeo and Solange the same happened in the semifinals. Only Isaias and Luciano competed in the finals, ranking 4th and 5th respectively and barely missing the podium, but with a good finish nevertheless. Following this review, it's now time to talk about upcoming events! Here's the list of those happening in Kharventhin:

Freestyle Wrestling Finals featuring Gilmar Opheryk-Sousa, Ulysses Yang Schmidt, and Shirley Koymcarrill;
Matchday 4 of Indoor Volleyball and Semifinals of Water Polo (team events);

Furthermore, the Karate Kata, 4x100m Relay Run and Boxing Lightweight events will also happen, but Giovanniland will not participate. Meanwhile, the events in Quoriv will be:

Hammer Throw featuring Carlos Cadrines da Costa, Guillermo Vindamir, and Emmerson Maravista;
Gymnastics Balance Beam featuring Luciano Annabelle-Taspein, Solange Souza Kandray, Silvana Mantovani, Isaias Delchiaro-Varenbert, and Romeo Saramay Mateus;
Semifinals of Basketball, Matchday 5 of Handball, Matchday 5 of Lacrosse, Matchday 3 of Field Hockey, Matchday 3 of Football, and Matchday 3 of Rugby Sevens (team events);

That is the schedule for the ninth day of Esferic events! You can watch live events on the channels 201 to 210, and for members of our monthly subscription, we also have recordings in our website sportsreport.com.gl/esferiad/ii/events if one isn't able to check them live. See you tomorrow for another report!

IMG_20211027_091457.png.2f10e60e201a00795f974f76e4ab5640.png

SUMMER ESFERIAD DAY 8

Like usual,we brought to you news on Arifians athletes from Quoriv and Kharventhin. So we go to the first report. Arifiyyah ranked 11th place in swimming team all-around event,meanwhile in gymnastics floor exercise,Habeeb Harun, successful been qualified to the semi-final and ended up at 18th place.

we move to the next news.

On the pitch,the Orangutan Rangers lose 0-2 to Giovanniland. "They now at 3rd place in Group A. Very difficult. without a main center-back player,the defense line weren't doing very well. Hard to watch this game. However,I hope they'll do the best in their next match against Fujai in two days." Sultan Arif during interview,at the King Giovanni I Esferic Stadium.

IMG_20211102_145941.jpg.eb9df69695f6c859e8e6c708e5148e8e.jpg

Our National Basketball Team,fails to be qualify to the semi-final,after losing 67-83 to Giovanniland. "Sorry, we were only able to fight until the quarterfinals. But for me, this was a great experience. Competing in prestigious competitions like Esferiad really helped me hone my skills, meet other national players. I hope we meet again in next year's edition."said the National Captain.

IMG_20211102_150020.jpg.b10b363b0c7be3cb59fd4b907147fb36.jpg

Arifiyyah Field Hockey Team successfully beat Giovanniland with 3-0 result. "In the previous match,they didn't play very well. But today,I can see a lot of change,the team really deserve this win! I don't feel regret watching this match." Said one of Arifiyyah Fans.

IMG_20211102_150020.jpg.b10b363b0c7be3cb59fd4b907147fb36.jpg

75189367_2215238538581684_8377260133763252224_n.thumb.jpg.27642e7654fd697b2978204d5040df44.jpg

Arifiyyah Field Hockey Team (white jersey) in action.

That's all the reports for today,thanks for reading and see you next time.

reported by:Ahmad Al-Babu

IMG_20211102_150049.jpg

IMG_20211102_145146.jpg

Jy8Ojtv.png

1062285298_nieuhierlogomain.png.76a571992189799e8a5b0fcdf0e88352.png

1374167052_ourhiersport.png.07834a71a53c420b52333e162f0bd480.png  

Hierminister Portfolios

Hierministers are primarily Delegates appointed to guide policy and advocate for the state of their portfolio and can be responsible for reporting executive mismanagement or diversion from their portfolio to the Hier. A smaller set of Hierministers oversee Hier institutions or administer the social programs of the Common Estate.

The Common Estate is the net of social programs constructed and funded by workers through payroll programs, such as the Temporary Income Insurance. Common Estate Hierministers have latitude within their programs away from the oversight by the Esquiry, given the insulated nature of the programs. 

Portfolios vary widely from government to government, and are often reflective of party policy focuses. Coalition governments tend to have more Hierministers as they have a wider policy focus. 

• The Hierminister
    • The Hierminister position is given to the leader of the party/coalition with the plurality of seats in the Hier, which customarily comes with the appointment as Estates-Minister of Hier
  • Hierminister of the Business
    • Hierminister of the Business is also referred to as the Dean of Hier and fulfills a role similar to a Speaker 
  • Hierminister of the Whip
  • Hierminister of the Hier Research Services
  • Hierminister of the Juridical Roll Contests Jury
  • Hierminister responsible for Temporary Income Insurance 
  • Hierminister responsible for (Long Term Health Care Program)
  • Hierminister responsible for (Regular Health Insurance)
  • Hierminister responsible for Social Mobility in Education
  • Hierminister responsible for Social Mobility in Juridical Trades
  • Hierminister for state of Basric and Astorian Heritage
  • Hierminister for state of Astorian Union
  • Hierminister for state of Seniors
  • Hierminister for state of Immigration and Refugees
  • Hierminister for state of Common Prosperity
  • Hierminister for state of Digital Government
  • Hierminister for state of Environment and Climate Change
  • Hierminister for state of Justice
  • Hierminister for state of Emergency Preparedness
  • Hierminister for state of Diversity and Youth
  • Hierminister for state of Rural Development
  • Hierminister for state of Workforce Development
  • Hierminister for state of Persons with Disabilities
  • Hierminister for state of Education
  • Hierminister for state of Housing and Homelessness
  • Hierminister for state of Science and Innovation
  • Hierminister for state of Health and Wellness

The 'Our Hier' Learning Series is jointly produced by the Hierminister of the Business and the Hier Research Services for the purpose of public education. Learn more about this program at ourhier.gov.nb.

I Spent 12 Hours Inside the LTI Bubble; LTI Goes Basric
By Grace Donovhan, Independent Reporter for the Saint Aiaden Star

Over the past three years, there have been rumblings and murmurs of the LTI mythology, and it has expanded into divergent areas. The "movement" as some adherents may refer to it has undeniably taken root in Nieubasria. 'LTI in Basria' has yet to manifest some of the same violent patterns as the main group and have adopted some ideologies of online conspiracy theorists that have been spreading amongst older populations. Astorian redentism is common, but some believers venture into even more fantastical territory: one widespread belief is that global elites are not just engaging in rampant sexual abuse of minors, but are sending them to concentration camps in Andolia for labour and genetic experimentation. Some of the more outlandish claims don't even get widespread acceptance in LTI in Basria circles: one wing believed that Tamar would arise as an undead to claim the Astorian crowns. The basics of the belief system are that a secretive cabal of elite politicians and celebrities engage in widespread child trafficking and sexual abuse. Clues to this war are dropped on the Internet message board 5space by a figure who claims to be a high-level government official in either Basria or Cambria.

1769493858_EsferiadCounter.png.dc31ee51f5854a3f82762f4a81919764.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-05-09T16-52-22_245Z.png.0f9cb055e6c859239a171131ae02e31e.png

Kasper Petrovikan to take leadership of Komity

The popular sportsman Kasper Petrovikan, Brother of Mpitarika and head of Komity Kassakira Petrovikan, is due to take over responsibilities of the Blue Bubble Esferiad Komity after this year's games. This stems from the notice the Komity shared yesterday, with Kassakira commenting to Glenpa News: "I think the Komity needs an athlete to run things, who understands both business and sports. There is no one I trust more than my brother to manage things for next year's games."

The 24-year-old has managed to win silver in the Archery of the games this year, and has been quoted that his sister has been his biggest supporter since the beginning of his sporting journey. Since the event, he has been working with the presenters of Glenpavia Sports Network's Summer Esferiad channel, offering insight and knowledge on this year's athletes.

Just yesterday, the BBEK published a notice about the athletes' performance at the start of the games in that athletes are performing to the best of their ability, and that luck was also on their side in the medal sweep. This was also submitted with published 2nd drug tests of the athletes. At the current moment in time, Blue Bubble is second in the medal standings with a total of 31 medals: 9 gold, 14 silver, and 8 bronze. This is just behind leader Giovanniland who has 32 medals: 12 gold, 10 silver, and 10 bronze.

image.thumb.png.a57515a9e1d6af5371f4d3549642878d.png

"Another Silver, sir!" Clarkson beamed.

"Yes, and it was a lot of fun competing, Clarkson," answered Prince Marcarius with a smile. "I only wish Saint Mark had been doing better this Esferiad. Only one Gold so far is a little disappointing ... especially when several of our top competitors are bested by contestants who hadn't shown the skill to do so in the past. It has been a few months since some of them have competed, though. I know they couldn't have been working harder than our athletes in the meantime, but perhaps they have just hit upon the right strategies. Chance and the Fates, Luck if you will ... all of that comes into play. No matter, though. We still have a team of which I am quite proud."

"Quite so, sir."

"What do you think about Standish's suggestion to invite all of the Esferiad competitors to the Gala this year?"

"Well, it seems to me that that would be a bit unfair to Saint Mark's own athletes, sir. They should be able to enjoy one night focused on our appreciation of their contributions without sharing the lime light as it were."

"That was my thought too, Clarkson. It would raise more money, but the event has a two-fold purpose, and we must not lose sight of that. Perhaps we'll develop a different opportunity to socialize with the other nations' teams."

"Yes, sir."

1978166682_ScreenShot2021-10-26at11_47_03AM.thumb.png.f7499bea676b9792ef1c913c1aaaecb9.png

HEADLINES–DAY EIGHT

- Orandia places sixth in the swimming team all-around, with 21 points.

Celeste Blanc places 41st in the gymnastics floor exercise qualifiers, with a score of 14.125.

- Lisa Zenik places 17th in the semifinals, with a score of 14.300. 

Jules Beaufils places eighth in the finals, with a score of 13.150.

Roméo Azaïs, with a score of 16.175 in the finals, breaks the previous Esferic record and wins Orandia a bronze medal.

- The Orandian water polo team loses 7-9 to Fujai, along with their spot in the semifinal.

- The Orandian indoor volleyball team wins against Hertfordshire and Jammbo, placing them third in their group.

COMMENTARY

"I'm Lex Lascar, live at the Esferiad, bringing you some good news and some bad news. First piece of good news: Roméo Azaïs has earned us yet another bronze for his stunning floor routine. Let's check it out."

[A clip from Roméo's routine plays, set to upbeat, classical music. The studio audience cheers.]

"Incredible! Second piece of good news: Martin Garness is alive and well. According to the doctors at Kharventhin Teaching Hospital, his rotator cuff is fixable, and he'll be back in the pool well before the next Esferiad. And now for the less-than-good news, Orandia: our dear water polo team played their last game of the event today, losing to Cambria in the quarterfinals. As someone who's been watching them since the very start of the Esferiad, I am going to miss them. Let's take a look back at how far they've come in these past eight days."

[A slideshow plays, showing one photo after another of the Orandian water polo team in action, listing every win and loss along the way. It ends with a photo of the entire team posing for the camera, with big smiles on their faces, the person in the center holding a water polo ball. The image fades back to Lex, who is imitating one of the poses.]

"Lots and lots of memories there. I hope the team has had fun being here. I know I certainly have. Now, after the break, we'll hear from Roméo himself about his shiny new medal!"

LOOKING AHEAD–DAY NINE

- Match day four for the Orandian indoor volleyball team.

- Orandia's four gymnasts perform on the balance beam.

The Bauhaus Novel - Conversation Street - Episode 9: That Was Unexpected

Rab44676142658e0add5c12b56b3f5a8f.png.b52fa34a59cca0d3daf7d96c39437875.thumb.png.213005f6477deba723baca3a13ddee55.png

Cyb_ep47_vector_prime_dies.jpg.8bcf4af4c0615dcd19b82c83c2161870.jpg

Tonight, Vector passes out,

Picture1.jpg.5953d202b3f3556a774e8514fd39f889.jpg

Richard drives like Takumi Furman,

EfDaLFRWsAEywAi.thumb.jpg.1533c098fcd5274b548356a52b648229.jpg

and something unexpectedly wholesome appears in the stolen S.O.D.O.F.F. collection.

Blah blah blah, we know we're way behind schedule, the hosts aren't back. The entire news show is all but ruined at this point but we don't give a damn! It's still happening and we are not stopping anytime soon. You know the drill, just cross your fingers and hope the boys come back. [off screen - JohnKramer.png.a48c467d840db7bed592c885d33dfbac.pngJohn Kramer: "WHERE ARE YOU, YOU TRIO OF MIDDLE AGED FU---!"] ...Well then. Oh, hang on...

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.f22af6e8b41a7aa533c5056df0312fb7.jpgJeremy Clarkson: We're back!!!

DisturbedHammond.jpg.bfe5a57c1fdefaceaea150a0397e172c.jpgRichard Hammond: Yes we are.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.165f3bd84af16be13e6d7fcabcf6a5f1.jpgJames May: And we have a great way to re-introduce ourselves after our time away.

DisturbedHammond.jpg.bfe5a57c1fdefaceaea150a0397e172c.jpgRichard Hammond: Ladies and gentlemen, Captain Slow & a shaved ape there.

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.f22af6e8b41a7aa533c5056df0312fb7.jpgJeremy Clarkson: Wha-!

DisturbedHammond.jpg.bfe5a57c1fdefaceaea150a0397e172c.jpgRichard Hammond: No no thanks, really thanks lads for wasting 9 minutes of my life.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.165f3bd84af16be13e6d7fcabcf6a5f1.jpgJames May: No no I'll tell you something else really interesting...

DisturbedHammond.jpg.bfe5a57c1fdefaceaea150a0397e172c.jpgRichard Hammond: Not with Ongo's sofa oar sticking through your neck you won't.

4912.jpg.bd23a8a6dd7d2341787b544410d67bef.thumb.jpg.165f3bd84af16be13e6d7fcabcf6a5f1.jpgJames May: No seriously! During the war...

DisturbedHammond.jpg.bfe5a57c1fdefaceaea150a0397e172c.jpgRichard Hammond: Oh god no, not 'James May On The War'!

72a5eb1a7243ea0176f23a6bd52ed35072-23-jeremy-clarkson_2x.rhorizontal_w710.jpg.a0bddbb31f039d9be82194cc71a87969.thumb.jpg.f22af6e8b41a7aa533c5056df0312fb7.jpgJeremy Clarkson: No!

DisturbedHammond.jpg.bfe5a57c1fdefaceaea150a0397e172c.jpgRichard Hammond: Please.

361829595_maxresdefault(6).thumb.jpg.aced84e45d2b4fe589c01b03af1181a1.jpg

The appropriate reaction to 'James May On The War'. No one wants to be put through that. The one furthest to the left is the one who owns the 'sofa oar' that Hammond mentioned.

An extra news piece because we somehow have nothing better to do with our time. With that being said, it is time to end. Some say the formula for medal winning is written on each of our nose hairs, and that we are illegal in 11 different countries All we know is, we're the HNJEK. Goodnight. [falls asleep]

Day 9 Event Schedule

Events/Ívents Athletes/Àølīts
4 x 100m Relay Track Wales Chaban + Sophie Chaban + Giorno Giovranchev + Yuuma Novak
Field Hammer Throw Embry Balkanska, Eirin Yaneva
Gymnastics Balance Beam Chris Ostapenko, Futo Matvijchuk, Klaus Cīrulis, Niko Balodis
Lightweight Boxing Stage 1 Richard Hammond, Kou Kovalchuk
Kata Karate Finals Lisa Lazarenko
Water Polo Semi-Finals Hertfordshire & Jammbo Water Polo Team
Basketball Semi-Finals Hertfordia Basketball
Handball Matchday 5 Hertfordia Handball Federation
Lacrosse Matchday 5 Hertfordia Lacrosse
Indoor Volleyball Matchday 4 Hertfordia Volleyball Federation
Field Hockey Matchday 3 Hertfordia-Jammbo Hockey
Football Matchday 3 Hertfordshire & Jammbo Football Federation
Rugby Sevens Matchday 3 Hertfordshire & Jammbo Rugby Union

20200303_210432.thumb.png.efe1716c0917261c537bceee49f8314d.png.85295bc7e321f55230c1e902222e9b81.png   20200602_203726.png.2f4f4ca9b866b1d9dbce57b6f4f053e8.thumb.png.007faa2e74fdcc260c5dd209be91b03b.png    20200602_203620.png.b848a9273be3bbb2b57dd1aff329e915.thumb.png.327069931501916109cb3aafda1cc992.png   1261065204_HJCoatofArmsDraft.thumb.png.b16eb4ce4c8d843d6fea5fb8b2c04d6d.png

DAY NINE–HEADLINES

- The Orandian indoor volleyball team wins versus Fujai, now placing them second in their group. Only Nieubasria places higher.

- On the balance beam, Lisa Zenik scores a 14.325, not enough to qualify for semifinals.

Jules Beaufils scores a 14.350, also not enough to make semifinals.

Celeste Blanc scores a 13.825 in the semifinal, placing 22nd.

- Roméo Azaïs does it again, securing another bronze medal with a score of 15.200 in the final. 

COMMENTARY

"Another bronze win by the talented Roméo Azaïs! Because of him, Orandia is keeping pace with the big shots, like Giovanniland and Nieubasria. Now, to be a gymnast, you have to excel at every gymnastics event, and each one is another chance for a medal, so it's very easy for a good gymnast to walk away with multiple. Roméo already has two, after all, and maybe more to come. But don't let me tell you any more about a guy who's about to be out here himself. Ladies, gents, and all the rest, here is the man of the hour.

"Mr. Azaïs, how have the last few days been for you?"

Roméo: "Absolutely thrilling. [Grins] Although I haven't been doing much except working out and resting. Watching some other folks train. Coach says it's best not to do too much other stuff, even though the events are so spread out."

"Have you gotten to meet any of the other gymnasts yet?"

Roméo: "Not really. I'm not exactly sure how to approach them, so I've mostly stuck with the other Orandians. Jules and Nina are very encouraging. I had a moment with one of the other guys on the podium today, though. From Giovanniland, I'm pretty sure. We kinda looked, acknowledged each other, while they were playing the national anthem. I didn't get a chance to talk with him after."

"Speaking of the podium, is there anyone or any nation in particular you're watching out for?"

Roméo: "Nieubasria and Giovanniland, of course. If I had to pick one, I'd say Cooper Kinsleye. She beat me out of a silver today, and in training, she's done some of the most flawless routines I've ever seen in... ever. I definitely have to keep an eye on her."

"Thanks for answering those questions, Roméo. I won't keep you any longer from that training and resting. And speaking of training, up next, Jules Beaufils takes us through his workout routine! We're glad you tuned in!"

LOOKING AHEAD–DAY TEN

- Match day five for Orandia's indoor volleyball team.

Guy Vaugeois and Yvette Ardouin run in the marathon event.

Cornelieu Izbasa and Sarah Michaelson toss their lot in at the javelin throw.

- Orandia's four gymnasts take on the uneven bars.

Online Disinformation, Misinformation Fueling "Fan Groups" of Terrorist Group LTI, A Preliminary Study 
By Dhon Norman, School of Communications Tamaric University of Saint Aiaden; Elizan Patreus, Political Science Department Tamaric University of Clarendon

Conspiracy theories have long been a facet of society, many of which have targeted politicians and the government. The presence of self proclaimed "LTI Basria" groups has emerged as perhaps the most concerning conspiracy theory in modern Basric history since its origination in 1420. Over recent months, the conspiracy theory has gained vast notoriety and publicity, increasing the spread of disinformation. However, somewhat unexpectedly, the most concerning aspect of this phenomenon is that it is not seemingly done by the same LTI organization that has sabotaged Air Force fighter planes and organized an attack on the Royal Palace in Cambria - it appears to be organized by "fans" of the group. 

"LTIB" (LTI in Basria) administrators and its followers have become one of the largest spreaders of disinformation online, worsening polarization in the public. In 1419 the Estates-Ministry of the Prince's Peace released an unclassified document warning of the dangers posed by groups such as this, highlighting the likelihood of inspiring and motivating domestic extremist violence. Recent literature has also elucidated that a strong conspiracy mentality increases the likelihood of violent extremist behavior, especially in those individuals who exhibit low self control, low regard for the law, and high self-efficacy. Thus, the rapid spread of LTI fan groups has spiraled from simple disinformation largely distributed online to a real-world offline political violence threat. Taking this literature into consideration with the rising indoctrination of followers, this article seeks to answer the following research question: What are the mechanisms by which the fan group based on conspiracy has been able to evolve from an internet board to one of the largest polarizing and radicalizing belief systems in Basria, Cambria, and abroad? The following report will analyze the history, evolution, and potential future implications of LTI fan group-ism to add to the growing understanding of conspiracy-based radicalization. This report utilized open-source intelligence (OSINT) and surveys of followers to seek insights into the accelerating global reach and how it has evolved into a modern extremist threat.

image.png.9669fd24a7fee815976fc26411851e5a.png

Classic portrait of older professor. Type white man on black background in sports coat holding glasses royalty free stock images   

Dhon Norman studies digital communications with a focus on radicalization, he is currently a tenured professor of the School of Communications at the Tamaric University of Saint Aiaden after receiving his PhD in Mass Psychology from Basric National University. 

Portraits of UK black female professors – in pictures | Education | The  Guardian

Elizan Patreus  studies modern political movements with focuses on violent groups, their organizational structures, and tactics regarding recruitment and terror. They are an adjunct professor in the Political Science Department at the Tamaric University of Clarendon, and completed their PhD at Memorial University.

297824584_EsferiadCounter.png.4e0b0ce060f0417ffb9df0819a82781a.png

gio_esferiad.png
Giovannilandian Esferiad Report - 9th Day
14 Gold - 12 Silver - 12 Bronze

Sports Report Newsroom, Giovannistadt—8:00 AM International Atomic Time, 3rd November 1421

Hello again, Giovannilandians! I am Carlos Nakamura-Edristyn, the host of the Giovannilandian Esferiad Report. Today I'll talk about the results in the 9th day of Esferic events and Giovannilandian highlights, and in fact, there were many last day as Giovanniland secured two of each medal today, for a total of 38 across the entire events. We'll first talk about yesterday's events in Kharventhin!

The final matches of Freestyle Wrestling featured Gilmar Opheryk-Sousa, Ulysses Yang Schmidt, and Shirley Koymcarrill. Gilmar defeated Shirley to earn a place in the final, while Ulysses was defeated by Florentino Luis from Larxia in the other semifinal, who then also defeated Gilmar in the final. Luckily, Shirley and Ulysses both won their matches in the repechage bracket, meaning that they each got a bronze medal while Gilmar achieved silver.

Meanwhile, in the semifinals of Water Polo our team defeated the Larxians 8-5 and will now face Hertfordshire and Jammbo in the final, while the Indoor Volleyball team won three sets to one against Tupmonia and continues undefeated at the top of Group B. Those were all the events that happened in Kharventhin with Giovannilandian participation, but there were of course many more in Quoriv!

In the Hammer Throw event, athletes Guillermo Vindamir, Carlos Cadrines da Costa, and Emmerson Maravista all participated. They qualified for the finals and then finished 1st, 2nd and 4th respectively, with Guillermo setting a new Esferic record and the others all breaking the previous one as well, a strong Giovannilandian performance. As for the Gymnastics Balance Beam, it featured Luciano Annabelle-Taspein, Solange Souza Kandray, Silvana Mantovani, Isaias Delchiaro-Varenbert, and Romeo Saramay Mateus. Isaias and Romeo advanced to the final, placing 1st and 6th respectively and earning the nation another gold medal.

Meanwhile, team events also happened in Quoriv. Wins came for Giovanniland in Basketball, in which our team defeatd Nieubasria 79-58 in the semifinals and will now face Cambria in the gold medal match, and in Matchday 3 of Field Hockey, with our team winning 3-1 against Cambria. Losses also happened, however, for example 0-1 to Fujai in Football and 17-21 to Dalimbar in Rugby Sevens. Last but not least, the Handball and Lacrosse teams both had byes.

After the quick retrospective, it's now time to talk about upcoming events! In Kharventhin, Giovannilandian athletes will only appear in the Matchday 5 of Indoor Volleyball and the Final of Water Polo, as the nation did not enter any athlete for the Fencing Foil and Boxing Lightweight events will also happen. Meanwhile, the events in Quoriv will be:

Marathon featuring Catia Terra Arberend, Clementine Ulunboryn, and Sergio Maldonado-Violet;
Javelin Throw featuring Rafaela Ulysses-Tavalian, Augusto Glendurianth, and Sebastian Rwemendyn;
Stage 1 of Badminton Singles featuring Lorena Suleyman, Cesar Khuilash-Joaquim, and Kyra Sonsyrenne;
Gymnastics Uneven Bars featuring Luciano Annabelle-Taspein, Solange Souza Kandray, Silvana Mantovani, Isaias Delchiaro-Varenbert, and Romeo Saramay Mateus;
Final of Basketball, Matchday 6 of Handball, Matchday 6 of Lacrosse, Matchday 4 of Field Hockey, Matchday 4 of Football, and Matchday 4 of Rugby Sevens (team events);

That is the schedule for the tenth day of Esferic events! You can watch them on the channels 201 to 210, and for members of our monthly subscription, we also have recordings in our website sportsreport.com.gl/esferiad/ii/events if one isn't able to check them live. See you tomorrow for another report!

Tupmonia Close to Glory?

Nine days in and Tupmonia has yet to see any medals yet. Now being eliminated from several sports Tupmonia looks to find glory in the several other sports that remain. 

In the Hammer Throw Tupmonia didn't put on any special show. Mark Silver place 16th, while Ben Roiman and Adin Fogi placed towards the bottom of the rankings. 

In Lightweight Boxing, Tupmonia is off to a hot start. Joseph Niyazov, a famed boxer with a staggering record of 33-2 in the Tupmonia Boxing Association (TBA) beat out Bria Eaton (UAD) with a final score of 9-7. On the other hand, John Piklo took a beating from Osgar Froste (NIU) and lost 13-2. 

Joseph Niyazov dominated in round 3 against Crystal Newport (UAD) and won 12-1. Tomorrow, Joseph Niyazov will face off with Rachel Cordina (TCM) in the semi-finals. 

In Freestyle Wrestling, Tupmonia nearly saw their first medal of the II Esferiad. Yehud Farca beat Barnett Hiwot (BLB) 3-1 in the Repechage match. However, Farca lost in the Bronze Medal Match against Ulysses Yang Schmidt (GIO) with a final score of 3-1. Yehud Farca reportedly suffered and injury towards the end of the match and he will undergo an MRI in the coming days. 

Tupmonia took losses in Indoor Volleyball, Field Hockey, and Football to conclude the day nine results. 

Tupmonia seems to get closer to a medal with each passing day. Hopefully Tupmonia will see their first medal soon enough. 

smk_esferiad.png

Fencing with Foils

pexels-photo-6832107.jpg

This week will see the Esferiad Fencing competition with the foil. Earler, we discussed some of the important points about fencing in general. Let's go into the details of fencing with a foil.

What is a foil? Well in fencing, a foil is one of the three swords we use (see our previous article).

The foil itself has a rectangular shaped steel blade as opposed to the epee’s triangular silhouette. The blade, like all other blades in fencing, is extremely flexible in order to prevent harming your opponent, or the blade. 

The maximum length of the blade is 90cm. With the tip of the blade covered by an electric button, and a pommel at the bottom, the maximum blade for the entire sword in itself is 110cm.
Where the blade meets the handle there is a guard, meant to protect the hand from the opposing sword. The guard on the foil is a lot flatter than the epee, but still circular. It’s like a small dome surrounding the hand. 

The handle of the blade can be either a classic french grip or pistol grip. The french grip is a grip shaped like the grip on a hammer, but it’s not held like a hammer. This grip is more classical, however a lot of fencers prefer the pistol grip (named for its resemblance to a pistol).

On electric swords, the tip of the blade is covered by a button, connected through the blade and into a socket in the hand guard. This socket is connected to a wire that runs through the fencer’s clothing, and to a light or a buzzer, which is activated when the button is touched.

On non-electric swords, which are used for practice, there’s no electricity, or button. Just a plane rubber tip, covering the point of the blade.

With a high demand for accuracy and good form, foil fencing is about as classy as fencing could get. And with a need for good form, there also comes a need for knowledge of the rules. As complex as they may be.

In addition to the normal rules in fencing, foil has its own specifications to certain parts of the rule book.

The goal in any fencing match is to touch your sword to your opponent’s target area. In foil fencing, the goal is to thrust the tip of your sword directly onto your opponent’s target area, which includes the torso, back, abdomen and crotch.

To win, a player must get 15 points, or have the most points after 3 rounds. However, if the final bout ends in a tie, a priority minute is set.

The priority minute is a one minute bout, where one fencer is given “priority” by the judges. This “priority” determines which fencer wins the bout, if neither player scores a point within the minute.

In foil, as well as sabre fencing, there is a rule implemented called “right of way”, or “priority. A lot of people are confused by this rule, but it’s not as complex as most people make it out to be.

In order to understand this rule, we need to figure out what it’s for. The right of way was made to enforce aggressive fencing, with good form, from each fencer. 

During a fencing bout, the fencer who is playing more aggressively, or with better form, is given the right of way.

The player with the right of way, is given a point if both fencers make a touch simultaneously. Simple as that.

However, the right of way can be taken if the defensive fencer successfully parries an attack, But will be given back to the other fencer, if they don’t follow up with an attack. This is what makes the parry and riposte so important.

This rule does not exist in epee, because if each player touches at the same time, they both get a point.

Let's discuss one of the moves often utitilzed by Saint Mark fencing, and perfected by Prince Marcarius.

His Serene Highness' fléche has three steps to it. Firstly, he starts by pointing his blade up so that his opponent’s blade is also up (in case it isn’t already there). The point of doing this is to uncover his opponent’s bottom target. Secondly, he feints on the bottom target by moving his entire forearm downward (moving his entire forearm is critical because that’s what makes the feint visible to the opponent). In other words, making his move look very apparent is key because that’s what makes his opponent fall for his feint. Thirdly, he finishes on sixth (or up), which is the line he uncovered in the first two steps. When done right, these three steps can make his indirect flèche unstoppable.

Credit: adapted from https://fencingprodigy.com/what-is-a-foil/ 

IMG_20211027_091457.png.2f10e60e201a00795f974f76e4ab5640.png

SUMMER ESFERIAD DAY 10

Good day everyone! After a day without report,we brought to you a few exciting news today.

From the Badminton Arena,our two single badminton players,Chia Jun An and Afeeq Nasrullah, qualifies to the quarterfinal. Chia Jun An won all games today against Noa Tos from United Adaikes (21-16,19-21,21-10) and Viktor Axelrod from Larxia(21-19,21-13) same as Afeeq,win all games against their own teammates,Rezal Zambery(26-24,21-13) and Lani Univan from Blue Bubble (21-19,21-14). We would also like to congratulates Rezal Zambery,not his luck today after be in the same group as Afeeq Nasrullah. Afeeq and Jun An says they will do their best,and their target to meet each other in the final stage.

IMG_20211104_134017.jpg.a86ae164e5137eab3a9fd99ea86673c5.jpg

Iskandar-Zulkarnain1.thumb.jpg.364dc014f9250321bbf250c392d776fa.jpg

Afeeq Nasrullah after a game against Rezal Zambery.

We move to the next news,the Arifiyyah Field Hockey Team, continue their winning streak after won 2-0 against Cambria today. This is the big chance for them to be qualify to the quarterfinal. "We are very happy! Very worth it to purchase ticket and watch them play. This is our chance to prove that we have the best field hockey team in the West Pacific"said one of the fans after the match finished.

IMG_20211104_133748.jpg.913a96600ba4670601c5e27ecd59499a.jpg

Arifiyyah now is in the top of Group A with 9 points

Also three points in football,the Orangutan Rangers is back in action and won 2-1 against Fujai! The winning goal from Habeb Alley helps the team to collect three points. "We practiced all day last night, and here are the results we got. I was satisfied with their performance. For tomorrow’s game against Tupmonia, they still haven’t grabbed a point, and I’m sure the boys will beat them. No Press for today,we gonna start training and win the next game:D",said Ong Kim Liau,the national head coach during the short interview. Arifiyyah now is in 3rd place in Group A,with 6 points.

IMG_20211104_133830.jpg.03fac949269d399127a3e09e624de785.jpg

xai113-main-2019-09-05t15-30-25_816z.jpg.9b5b9b345edfd8f442cd6fbd3507f543.jpg

Habeb and his teammates celebrated the winning

And here is the latest ranking of medals collected sort by most gold.

IMG_20211104_133557.jpg.9b15501a18e21b726aeceace1ffbb97e.jpg

Giovanniland is on the top of the hill,with 16 gold,13 silver and 13 bronze. And Blue Bubble just pass the 2nd place baton to Nieubasria,they already collected 11 gold,12 silver and 7 bronze medal.

Arifiyyah still with no medals. However,we hope we'll get the first medal from badminton,atleast bronze. Goodluck to all Arifians athletes that will be play tomorrow. That's all the reports for today, see you next time!

Reported by: Ahmed Al-Babu

1491653283_ScreenShot2021-10-26at11_47_03AM.thumb.png.896d75fce12c47d7c010dd2efbe8107b.png

DAY TEN–HEADLINES

- In the marathon, Guy Vaugeois finishes with a time of 2:18.26, coming in tenth.

Yvette Ardouin over-extends herself in the first leg of the race, and does not finish.

- On the uneven bars, Celeste Blanc ties for 35th with a score of 14.475. 

- Jules Beaufils scores a disappointing 13.475 in the semifinal, coming in last.

Roméo Azaïs loses his bronze streak, a coin flip keeping him out of the finals with an eighth-place score of 15.450.

Lisa Zenik comes in fourth in the final, narrowly missing out on a medal with a score of 15.175.

- In the javelin throw, Cornelieu Izbasa, despite placing third in the qualifier, places eighth in the final with a best throw of 84.68 m. 

Sarah Michaelson comes out of nowhere, scoring Orandia's second gold medal with an impressive best throw of 90.20 m. 

- The Orandian indoor volleyball team loses to Nieubasria, relegating them to third in their group.

COMMENTARY

"Ladies, gents, and all the rest, it's time for another live report from the Esferiad! As always, I am your host, Lex Lascar. Here tonight with me are some very lovely ladies, give it up for Prime Minister Queenie Astier... and Orandia's newest gold medalist, Sarah Michaelson!"

[The studio audience cheers, and the lights come up on Queenie and Sarah. Queenie is nicely dressed, but Sarah wears the trademark bright-blue tracksuit of an Orandian athlete. The gold medal she earned is around her neck.]

"Now, it's been quite a long road for Sarah here to get to the Esferiad. Could you tell me a little more about your journey here, Sarah?"

Sarah: "I almost didn't make it here. The original plan was that Lina Doone would be going, but right before everything was finalized, she shattered her wrist. It was a car accident, and I felt very bad for her, but the one upside is, it let me compete in her place. I'm really glad to have this chance, and I really hope Lina is watching this so she knows I got Orandia the medal. We did it!" [She smiles, holding up the medal for the cameras to see. Lina is watching from her home in Pala, planning to text Sarah after the show with messages of congratulations.]

"Well, all things considered, I think a lot of people are happy to see you here, and even happier to see you atop the podium. Now, Queenie, I believe you had some words to say, too?"

Queenie: "Yes! Um, congratulations on winning gold for Orandia." [She and Sarah stand up and engage in a performatively awkward handshake, then a quick congratulatory hug.] "It's really nice to see our little nation doing so well here. I honestly did not think we'd get as many medals as we have. And both golds in field events! Truly unpredictable. [She sits back down with a small laugh.]

"I agree! It's definitely a refreshing sight to see so many Orandian athletes on the podium this year. But whether or not there will be more depends largely on the performance of our four gymnasts. Stay tuned for the latest predictions of their performances in future events!"

LOOKING AHEAD–DAY ELEVEN

- Track and field all-arounds take place.

- Match day six for the Orandian indoor volleyball team.

- Orandia's four gymnasts take to the parallel bars.

A New Chapter in Tupmonian History

What a day for Tupmonia. Today marks the day that Tupmonia won its first medal ever in the II Esferiad. Joseph Niyazov won a bronze medal in Lightweight Boxing today. However, he lost in the semi-final round against Rachel Cordina (TCM) 12-4. 

We spoke to Joseph after the fight and he had this to say, “You know, this is a tough loss for me. Respect to Cordina, really a great fighter…I’m just happy to bring the first ever medal to Tupmonia. Hopefully in the future we will see more gold..” 

Tupmonia also took some wins in other sports. Tupmonia defeated Larxia in Indoor Volleyball to move their record up to 1-4. Tupmonia also took a thrilling victory in Handball against Cambria beating them 24-23, to move Tupmonia’s record up to 1-3.

On the other hand, Tupmonia took losses in Field Hockey and Football. 

This is a proud day in Tupmonian history, and hopefully there will be many more medals to come.

SaintMarkFlag.png.a4521a130627e295d17b119557f7efd0.png

"Nice work with the foil yesterday, Paul!"

"Thank you, sir. I'm pleased that I was on the top of my game when it mattered the most."

"Your first round against Hadjivanor was close at first, but you really warmed up and had a great finish. Your match against Cook was even better. I hope this trend continues and you can bring home Gold again when you face Pham."

"It's too bad you weren't able to defeat Pham yourself, sir. I think you performed quite well. You just couldn't catch a break in the scoring."

"No, Pham was better yesterday, Paul. I wasn't at my best. My best would have won, though, and that's the frustrating part. Oh well. It's water under the bridge. It's up to you now, Paul. I believe you're Saint Mark's last chance for one more Gold in this Esferiad."

"I'll do my best."

"I know you will. Best of luck to you!"

ufo-explainer-video-cs.jpegVideo of UFOs allegedly taken by Basric Airforce over Irvon Hill called best 'world has ever seen'                          
Morning Standard News, November 4 1421                            ¤ Join the Discussion

Footage of a nugget-shaped UFOs tracking a Basric Airforce fighter jet two years ago is being touted as the best this world has ever seen. The video been confirmed by neither the Estates-Ministry of Defense nor the Estates-Ministry of The Prince's Peace.

According to the Glenarden Tribune, the 19-second video, which is now in the hands of filmmaker Josalyn Randall after being leaked, was shot by a copilot aboard a Reith 33D in the airspace around Irvon Hill. According to their sources, the Tribune claims the video has been in possession of the Air Force for at least one year. 

“This is explosive information,” Randall, who made the documentary “Basria's UFOs and Ties to the Northern Wars", told MSN . “This is probably the best UFO military-filmed footage certainly that I’ve ever seen, but I think also that the world has ever seen.” 

6ca6282e-e4d7-471d-9ed0-0559d9b0fe45.png.81a06cc3a3ed8209c440132de5f88814.pngThe shaky hand-filmed video shows the at least one nugget-shaped UFO hovering over the Irvon Hill countryside at night  in June, 1419. The nugget-shaped objects were in the vicinity of at least four fighter jets during drills over multiple days, according to leaked logs.

One hovered 400 m above one of the aircraft, according to the Glenarden Tribune. Randall also was leaked three photos reportedly taken by pilots grounded and aboard fighter aircrafts during a separate event, showing a spherical airborne object disappearing into the upper atmosphere. 

“This is an extraordinary piece of technology,” Randall told MSN. “Whoever is operating these technologies are far more advanced than anything we have in the Basric arsenal and that should be a warning sign. We need to find out the intent of the operators of these vehicles.”

The Basric government has yet to officially confirm any sightings or reports of UFOs. 

image.png.e951f3af76f0280fad276fbe58986899.png

Advertisement

image.thumb.png.6f925a1b9bc0d2a710fd1ac969640ce0.png

888752260_EsferiadCounter.png.d658dc231812b6d282be48265a5a8aab.png