Project New Dawn (Larxian War of Expansion)

10th July 1421

4 AM  IAT

The King sleeps in one of the many bedrooms in his house, the historic Windlar Castle. The King seems to be engrossed in a dream as we see him sleep in a weird position. We believe the King is dreaming about the Old Larxian Empire yet again. It has been exactly 2 months since the people of Larxia voted to abolish the democracy and transfer all power to the King. At that time the King had made a promise to the Larxian populace, saying that he would do his absolute best to realise the might of the Historical Larxian Empire.

8 AM IAT

The King had woken up at around 6.30 AM and he was in his office, by 7.30 AM. The office of the King was in the West wing of the Windlar Castle. King James called Jamie Marshall, his most trusted advisor, and asked him to come to the Oval Office on the top floor of the west wing. Jamie Marshall lived pretty close to the Castle and was able to make it by 8 AM after clearing the security outside the Castle. King James commanded Marshall, "Arrange a meeting with my Economic advisor and some top Larxian economists as quickly as possible. Make sure to only call them if they do agree to not talk about what happens in the meetings. Once we're done I want you to arrange another meeting with the Military Generals. You will be present in all the meetings, you are my most trusted advisor."

"Your Highness, are we going to start Project New Dawn?"

"Yes Marshall, we shall start the Project, but first I need to know the economic implications and we also need to be aware of the costs we will incur from this project. We need to ask the generals if we will need to increase the Military Budget a little to make a Larxian victory more probable."

"Understood Sir. I will arrange the meetings you have asked for, tomorrow. The meeting with the economists will start at 10 AM and we expect it to go on till 1 PM, so we will meet the generals at 3 PM. Let us hope that these meetings are successful and God blesses us in this venture."

"Marshall, make sure that no one speaks about this outside after the meeting. We do not want an international incident before even completing the planning for the Project. Ensure that this Project is under strict lock-and-key. We don't want any country to join any side, atleast before we start an all out assault."

"Yes Sir. I'll make sure of it."

"That will be all Marshall. You are free to go home. I realise it was your holiday but this had to be done. Make sure that you use encrypted and untraceable phones to arrange the meetings."

"Yes Sir. I'll be taking your leave now."

2 PM IAT

The King sits with Prince Dominic in one of his more casual offices. "Dom, we are going to start with Project New Dawn. I want you to be present in every meeting I hold. You were in Zoran during the Civil War, and I believe you would have seen some of the Monarchist style of war. They were pretty successful and I believe that we can add a hint of their style to ours and make it even stronger."

"Of course brother, I am more than happy to join you and chip in from time to time. If I can contribute to the realisation of a Greater Larxian Empire, I am ready to give my all for it."

"I am glad Dom. You can go to where you were going before I stopped you. You must be late to meet your lady-friend huh." *suggestive expressions*

"Nooo, it's not like that. I am late though so I'll be leaving. Bye brother. Love you."

"Go get her brother"

8 PM IAT

Marshall contacted the King from a secure network, notifying the King that the meetings have been arranged and all the members of the meeting have been asked to leave any kind of electronic devices in their homes or offices to reduce the chances of an espionage attempt. The King was very glad at getting this piece of information. He thought to himself, "Finally we are on track to expand and actually be called the Great Empire of Larxia.

The King went on to sleep waiting for the next day to initiate Project New Dawn and usher in a new era in Larxia. 

11th July 1421

8 AM IAT

Jamie Marshall enters the King's office and says, "Your Highness the economic advisors will be coming in 2 hours. Are you ready for the meeting Sir?"

The King contemplated before answering, "Marshall, please cancel the meeting today."

"Both of them Sir?" asked Marshall.

"No. Only cancel the meeting with the economic advisors. We will have to consider the financials when we start with the war. First we will need to meet with the Generals and come up with a plan to somehow sell this expansion. We need to spin it in such a way that the world powers help us with our war instead of probably going against us."

"Yes Sir. As you wish. I will sort it out."

3 PM IAT

The King and Prince Dominic enter the most secure conference room in Larxia, in the Windlar Castle. The Generals of the Army, the Navy, the Air Force and the Coast Guard are already seated in the conference room along with Jamie Marshall. The Generals rise for the King. The King sits down and signals the others to sit down as well.

"Welcome to the Windlar Castle gentlemen. 2 months ago, I was given the full discretionary power of Larxia and officially announced the King of Larxia. Now each and every one of you had sworn your loyalty to me and had identified my dream of a Larxian re-unification. So I present to you Project New Dawn. We will be looking to reclaim the Westlands as a part of the Great Empire of Larxia, and take a step towards the fulfillment of the dream of Larxian expansion and reunification."

The generals present in the meeting nodded in understanding and agreed to be a part of this mission. The King now had the complete support of the Military.

Prince Dominic was rather quiet, contemplating the aftermath of this mission. The King noticed and asked Prince Dominic to speak and give his opinion. Prince Dominic sighed and said, "Brother, I believe that winning the war will not be our biggest issue. I am pretty sure we are stronger than them. What concerns me is the consequences. The other nations would not accept this invasion with open arms. Some of our closest allies might end up alienating us. We need to spin it in such a way that even if the nations do not help us, they will definitely not mind  us invading the Westlands."

"That is a good point brother. Gentlemen, any ideas on how to twist this in our favour?" King James asked the people present.

"Sir, we could plant a few terrorists in there and make it a humanitarian mission," one General suggested.

"Or we could initiate a false flag operation and attack Larxia. That would give us enough reason to invade the Westlands,"said another General, to which Marshall added, "We could focus an attack on the Southern regions, most of the people who voted against you in the referendum live in those regions."

"Or we could claim that the Westlands are treating the citizens of Larxian descent inhumanely and claim that it is a humanitarian crisis and a Larxian intervention is completely necessary," another General suggested.

"Those are all some very good ideas gentlemen. We shall decide on one cause in our next meeting. Be ready to travel to New Larxia at any time. Also arrange some military exercises in order to maybe improve the nationalistic ideology in the citizens. Marshall, make sure that there is a huge Larxian flag at important places, with a lot of foot-fall. That is all for now gentlemen, Marshall will contact you the next time I want to hold the meeting. Goodbye."

The people in attendance stood up for the King's departure and started leaving themselves.

11 PM IAT

King James and Prince Dominic sit in their home, drinking together. One hand used to hold an expensive glass containing an even expensive sip, the other arm around each other, as they sat close to each other, enjoying brother's company. There is a reason King James loves Prince Dominic so dearly. Prince Dominic was the King's first brother, and the fact that he almost died due to birth complications highly contribute to the reason.

"What do you think about the ideas Dom? Any idea you particularly liked or thought would be more believable?" the King asked the Prince.

He replied, "I feel like the False flag operation would be best, but we need to be smart and take time to think it through properly. Haste is from the Devil. We need to win this war, and at the same time be safe from powers post-war. We also need to spin it so that no country would think against signing deals with Larxia. If we lose international trade, our economy will be adversely affected. We can definitely ask our allies for help in the Westlands, but we should create a story that won't just make them willing to do it, it should make them want to do it so bad, that they couldn't live with it if they weren't involved."

"Well put brother. You have grown up to be an amazing politician. We will discuss this again later, I am going to sleep. Don't stay up too late and stop drinking."

"I'm not your child brother. I'll stay up as long as I want."

"Oh yes you are. And I am taking the bottle with me. Stay up without the bottle."

"Just go man."

14th July 1421

10 AM IAT

The King has called the Generals for a meeting once again. The generals will come to Windlar Castle at around 1 PM and the meeting will start around 1.30 PM. The King gets ready for the meeting, putting on the appropriate clothing for a meeting. Prince Dominic seems to be ready and is already in the conference room, going over the maps and the plans of the project with Jamie Marshall.

1 PM IAT

The King has come to the conference room for the meeting with the Generals. The table is covered with maps of Larxia, Westlands and the troop movement plans for the operation. "Welcome gentlemen to Windlar Castle. Let us continue our meeting where we left it. My assistant will read the minutes of the previous meeting." The assistant relays the minutes of the previous meeting.

The King says, "You all had some pretty great ideas to make the Westlands responsible for their own invasion. Now I really liked the False Flag operation, but we need to add another layer to it. Only the false flag would be unbelievable, considering that they have not managed to attack us in the past 150 years since their independence. We will also need to bring the ethnic similarities into play."

"How do you plan on doing that Sir?" the Army General asked.

"Yes. The plan. I will be releasing an official statement stating that it has been brought to my attention by my advisors that many Larxian descendents live in the Westlands, and are treated harshly and are viewed in contempt. I will provoke the Leader of Westlands and hopefully he will issue a harsh statement in return. Now, I will be releasing this statement tomorrow at around 2 PM, so make sure that you disguise our special forces as the Westlandian Military and attack the Southern Areas of Larxia after exactly 12 hours. Destroy one or two military bases. We will rebuild it. Keep the attack within the red circle. But most importantly leave enough evidence to hold the Westlandians at fault," the King said as he pointed to a map of Larxia.

LXA.thumb.jpg.f76e65331a4aee78aed0bb10a5b690d0.jpg

"Yes Sir, that will be done. We will try to do enough damage to have a reason to attack the Westlands, but not a lot of damage, so that recovering becomes very difficult," the General said as he pondered over the map.

"Good. Right now we only need the Army to work. The other branches of military will come into play a little later. You can leave gentlemen," the King said as he took their leave.

8 PM IAT

The King is lounging in the residential wing of the Windlar Castle, caressing a drink in one hand, thinking about tomorrow and how important it will be in the upcoming war for expansion. He prepared to give an official statement with the help of Prince Dominic and Prince Sergio.

"Sergi, you will have to be even more present in politics now, considering we are preparing to go to war. As a member of the Royal Family you will have to be a little more involved, but at the same time always stay within the reach of your security personnel. Gerard and Gio are still not big enough to be involved in politics, and as the elder brothers, it is our duty to ensure that they are safe and have a comparatively private life."

"Yes, I understand brother. I will be more involved in the politics of the nation. I can do anything for my siblings and the nation as a whole."

"Hey! I heard that. You can put on a facade, but I see right through you. What happens with your family does bother you, doesn't it?" Prince Dominic asked playfully.

"Shut up man, don't make me change my mind," Prince Sergio said, visibly irritated.

"Stop pestering your little brother Dom, let him be," King James said rather commandingly.

"Alright alright. I won't."

The three brothers hugged each other, and went into their own bedrooms to retire for the night.

15th July 1421

12 PM IAT

The King sits in his office, thinking about the press release he is set to give in 2 hours. He has done it for years, but he has never felt this nervous before, not even during his first press release. He is trying to memorize most of the statement, so that he can look directly in the camera while talking. It has an effect on the populace, when their leader looks at them while talking. He steels himself for every possible repercussions of this move.

2 PM IAT

King James enters the press-conference hall, packed to the brim with reporters and journalists from around the world. Everyone rises for the King and sit down on his signal. The King's press secretary, Kim Cooper, stood behind him as he took the mic.

"Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen," started the King, "I have called you all here today to express my feelings about something that was very recently brought to light by my closest advisors. I would first like to express my deep sympathy towards the people of Larxian descent, living in the Westlands, and my strong resentment towards the way these people are treated in the Westlands. The people of Larxian descent in Westlands are treated as second-class citizens in their own country. I resent the leader of the Westlands for allowing, nay facilitating the harsh treatment of Larxians in Westlands. Also bringing into light the inhumane conditions which Larxians live, and many are sent to labour camps till they die, for the most minor crimes. Slapping a native is a crime, but killing a Larxian is not. These kinds of countries are a menace to international equilibrium and a threat to a safe future we all want to build for our future generations. So I call to all the countries to recognise this threat to world peace."

All the hands in the hall shot up to ask questions. The press secretary took over to answer the questions as King James left the hall to go back to his office and hope that their leader would be hot-headed enough to reply.

7 PM IAT

Marshall knocked on the huge oak doors to the King's office. "Come in," the King said. Marshall entered the office, looking a little worried.

"Sir they haven't responded yet." Marshall said.

"Call Dom, tell him to come to my office immediately" the King replied.

"Yes Sir," Marshall said as he left to get Prince Dominic.

"What will it take to provoke a Westlandian response?" the King wondered to himself. The King was sure something had to be done.

Soon Marshall came back with Prince Dominic. As soon as the Prince entered he noticed the troubled expression on the King's face. He asked to make sure everything was okay.

The King said, rather somberly, "It is nothing Dom, just concerned about Westlandia. They haven't replied to the provocation yet."

"They haven't replied yet, why?" Prince Dominic asked. The King didn't answer, distracted by the same thing. Prince Dominic thought for a moment and replied, "We need to get a statement from them as soon as possible if we were to have international support."

"What should we do Sir?" asked Jamie Marshall, visibly concerned.

"We will have to be quick but careful," the King said, obviously frustrated.

"Strengthen everyone's security detail, we don't want anyone going missing. And we have a backup plan, don't we. They might have started preparing for the false flag operation right about now. Marshall I also want a meeting with the economists set as soon as possible."

"Ok Sir I will arrange for it," Marshall replied with understanding.

"Go then. What are you waiting for", The King said, rather coolly.

"We need to be at our best strategic minds in order to make sure we are the ones getting the support. We cannot mess this up now. Marshall, contact Garcia and tell him to pour every free field agent in the Westlands and revive all the internal contacts of the LIA over there."

"Yes Sir. I will do it right away."

"Go immediately Marshall. Come brother, we must rest now, if we need to stay awake during the operation."

16th July 1421

2 AM IAT

15 soldiers of the Larxian Special forces, camouflage themselves, and manage to reach the border of Westland and Larxia. They quickly disguise as Westlandian Special Forces and moved back towards Larxia, this time more visible. They went to the border, to cut off a few fences to make it seem like they had entered from there, and also to make sure if someone watched them coming, they would be seen coming from where the border is. The forces proceeded quickly towards La Santino, where they were supposed to attack.

The Border Patrol had spotted them, and they knew it. Luckily, the Border patrol had been made aware of this operation, and they had a special signal to prove that they were actually Larxians. After some time a military vehicle came, and killed all of the Border Patrol, with the same guns that the special forces were using.

4 AM IAT

The LSF soldiers on the mission reached La Santino to the and opened fire. The Larxian Army was notified about the attack by a citizen. There were more than 1000 bodies lining the streets. They had killed the enemies of the state. The soldiers went on a rampage as they shot like maniacs. Now, La Santino was a city, but it wasn't as big as La Marina or New Larxia. So that was a relief for the special forces.

They made sure that every CCTV camera they passed, had captured the insigna of the Westlandian Army. They were smart in using the guns used by the Westlandian military. They left as much proof as they could, to trace the attack back to Westlandia.

7 AM IAT

After going on and on for three hours, the Larxian Special Forces went to rest up in a hotel. The Larxian Army had reached La Santino 2 hours back, at around 5 AM. The Larxian Army set up camp just outside the building, with 4 tanks and 8 APCs, ready to blast the 'Westlandians' if they try to escape.

The Larxian Special Forces were happy that the army had come, and they could just rest. They had thought that the soldiers at the base had been made aware of the operation, when in fact they were not. There were 30 blitz soldiers(training almost resembling that of special forces), who entered the building to kill the 'Westlandians'. They went in, and they weren't fired on. They were surprised as they continued to venture deeper into the hotel. They had commands to cease fire, but they went in anyway.

Elsewhere, the King sat in his office, on the phone with the General. He hadn't slept all night.

"Sir, should we bring them back or kill them?", the General asked.

"Kill them, and kill the soldiers on Border Patrol as well. It is not something I want to do, but we cannot leave any witnesses. Have you made sure that the soldiers on the mission had no close relatives?," the King asked.

"Yes Sir, no close relatives, and the Border Patrol has already been killed, when the operation started."

"Good. Kill them all in that case.."

"Yes Sir."

The soldiers were now inside the hotel building. They saw that the soldiers were sitting in a conference hall, air conditioner turned on. When they saw the Larxian army, they got even more relaxed. The commander of the group said, "You might be here for us." 

"Yes we are," the Army captain replied, as they opened fire on the 'Westlandians'. They killed all 15 of them, and lost 5 of their own group.

10 AM IAT

King James sat in his office with Marshall and Prince Dominic. He had been awake since 3 AM, sitting in his office and getting real-time updates as to what was happening. He hadn't heard from the General since 7 AM. He was getting restless to know what was happening.

After a long wait of 3 hours, at 10 AM, the General contacted the King to give him the news.

"Sir we managed to kill all of them. We kept one alive for a confession, and he is now in military custody."

"That is good to hear General, but how many did we lose?" the King asked.

"Sir we lost 13 soldiers in this attack, and 2 others were injured"

"And what about civilian losses?"

"Sir, we are not sure yet. We are still counting the civilian casualties, and we have already reached 3350, we have almost completed the counting."

"Very well. Release a figure at the end of the day."

"Yes Sir."

The King then turned to Marshall as he hung up on the General. "Marshall, call a press conference immediately. I will personally release a statement."

"Yes Sir, right away.

1 PM IAT

The King walked into the press-conference hall as everyone stood up for him. You could feel the sense of sympathy and anger hanging in the air. The press was already aware of the attack. "Welcome everyone. I will be making a statement regarding the attack on Larxia," the King started, "At 2 AM, 15 Westlandian soldiers entered Southern Larxia through the land border. They first killed 8 Larxian soldiers, who were on border patrol, who they were able to catch off guard. They then proceeded towards La Santino, which was the closest city to the border. In their way to La Santino, they wiped out 3 towns that were between them and La Santino. In these towns, they killed 1,000 Larxians," a collective gasp rose from the crowd as the King continued, "They the proceeded towards La Santino, where they killed many Larxians. The counting is still going on, but we there are 2,350 confirmed deaths in La Santino. We also lost a total of 13 soldiers in the attack. This is a very sad day for all of Larxia, and all the government buildings will be keeping the flag at half-mast, to respect the sacrifice of these soldiers and the death of the innocent citizens. We shall observe a silence of 2 minutes as an ode to our fallen brothers," King James said somberly. After 2 minutes, he continued, " This act of infiltration and targetting civilian places is considered by Larxia a humanitarian crime. This act of aggression towards Larxia will be considered a declaration of war. I would also like to ask the Larxians to support the government and the soldiers in any way you can. I would like the Larxians to prepare with a war in mind. Make sure you have enough supplies to last 2 weeks at a time. The army will be releasing official statements to aide the general population to prepare for the war. Any new conscription are welcome, but they will only be accepted if they are physically capable to fight on the field. There will be other opportunities in the army, like working on the back-lines, helping soldiers, doctors to tend to their wounds, engineers to keep the machines working as smoothly as possible. Some of the most intelligent minds in Larxia are welcome to talk with our Generals and collaborate with them to create new strategies for the army. The Arms Industry will be increasing the amount of equipment they can produce in a given time. I would also like to urge the other countries to support Larxia in this fight against an inhumane government, and help us in this war. Thank you for coming out and be safe." The whole hall erupted into shouts and an uneasiness lingered in the air.

The King left the hall, to go to his office, followed closely by Marshall and Prince Dominic. "Marshall tell every branch of the Military to prepare for a probable war and now would be a good time to have that meeting you arranged with the economists. We will have to divert some of the funding towards the military. Also tell Garcia to make sure that Westlandia is crawling with Larxian spies.

"Yes Sir, right away. I will be taking your leave now Sir."

"Go and take some security with you. You're also one of the most important people of Larxia."

"Yes Sir."

"Brother are you sure about what you said in the conference?" Prince Dominic asked, concerned for his brother.

"Yes I'm very sure brother. It also doesn't matter anymore. I have made a public statement that Larxia is might go to war pretty soon. I just hope we can garner some international help."