A new direction

Greetings TWPers.

We're going to take a new turn at foreign relations. As a region our updates have been sporadic and manning our embassies has been equally sporadic. 

Well, that is about to change. As of now, I am placing an emphasis on GCRs and our allies for our embassy focus. We need to understand how these cultures work and get to know them.

Second we need to post our updates. On this front, we can post these everywhere, but one place we need to do this more is on the NS forums. As an ambassador you will have a primary region but then also other regions in which to post the updates. 

I'd like to get some volunteers for the monthly update as well. The goal is to produce an update by the fourth Saturday of the month.

Aye, let's do this !

It would help if each Minister would provide an update on their Ministry each month for inclusion.  No reason any one person should be stuck writing the entire update themselves.  If you need to 'hire' a deputy to help you with that (and other things), don't hesitate to do so. 

If someone would like to be the update 'Reporter' for the Landstraad, sign up here.

I'd be happy to post updates on the NS forums if you'd like.  You also might want to consider a reshuffle of Embassy assignments overall.

Thank you ! :)

• 1 month later...

IH - can you cover the dissolution of the TWP-GV treaty, embassies created in June/July/Aug, and update who's who in the current government so we have that.

Karland - I'd like you to do a no more than 5 and no less than 3 question interview with Westwind about the direction of TWP. Send me the Q's before you send them to Westie. Second - try to find a funny comic out there that we can add for comic relief.

Severance of relations between the West Pacific and Gatesville Inc.

Following the recent coup of Osiris, the West Pacific had some difficult decisions to make concerning our relationship with our then ally, Gatesville. Gatesville has, for a long time, been a close ally of the West Pacific and the decision to terminate relations with them was not an easy decision by Delegate AGP and the Guardians. Unfortunately, the West Pacific felt let down on a number of key issues concerning Gatesville; firstly, Gatesville's decision to associate themselves with known COPS violators, namely the Aezean Combine, is unforgivable to regions that uphold COPS; secondly, the West Pacific learned that members of the Gatesville High Council misrepresented a number of issues during treaty negotiations.

On COPS, the West Pacific considers the COPS treaty inviolable and considers the association of Gatesville and the Aezean Combine to be an affront to the civilised regions of NationStates. The COPS treaty was created in order to show respect to the off-site property of all regions in NationStates and the West Pacific finds any region in violation or any region to be associated with those in violation of the treaty unworthy of holding relations with the West Pacific as they do not recognise such basic rights as maintaining an offsite forum. TWP Delegate All Good People has stated that there will be no hope of further TWP-Gatesville relations should Gatesville continue to work with known COPS violators.

On misrepresentation, treaties are a sign of mutual respect and trust between regions and this trust was betrayed by Gatesville. The West Pacific is concerned that a region that would consider itself our ally would seek to manipulate us in an attempt to damage one of our fellow Game-Created regions. It had been revealed that this misrepresentation extended to issues concerning the now defunct Sovereign Confederation, security threats towards the West Pacific, claims of control over The West Pacific and others. It also became increasingly clear that the actions taken by Gatesville are, in fact, a personal vendetta. The West Pacific could not recognise nor endorse personal vendettas as an acceptable way to play the game.

All of these insults towards the West Pacific added up and it became clear that treated relations with Gatesville were unpalatable. The Alco-Choco-Klingon Treaty was severed on the 17th July 2013.

Embassies June-August

The following regions have opened embassies with the West Pacific since June:

• House of Five Leaves
  • New Communist Region
  • Mazeria
  • NationStates
  • The Allied Republics
  • The Union of Democratic Left States
  • Osiris

The West Pacific looks forward to working with our new friends.

Government of the West Pacific

Delegate: All Good People

Guardians: Bhang Bhang Duc, Wickedly Evil People, Yy4u, Punk Reloaded, ROLHEATH, Darkesia

Foreign Affairs Minister: Punk Daddy

Interior Minister: Intelligent Holograms

ISS Director: Powerboat Racer

ISS Deputy Director: Morpheus

Cheif Justice: Prison Grove
TWP Mayor: Tweedy, (Proprietor of The ClubHouse)
The Landstaad of The Imperium: Assembly of TWP Nations

Written by Intelligent Holograms

I think we've probably got enough material to get an update out now.  I'd include IH's Interior update, and my policy statement on mass recruitment telegrams.

"Regions that maintain an Ingame Embassy with The West Pacific and engage in Mass Recruitment Telegram campaigns that are not limited to new nations in TWP, will have their Embassy immediately closed in formal protest. Further actions may be taken by the TWP Government as may be found to be appropriate to the situation.

The Government of The West Pacific will be discussing further policies regarding this issue."