1st T20 World Cup [rosters, roleplays, results]

25th May, 1421; 12 AM IAT

The Hertfordian National Team perform a victory lap around the perimeter of the field, flags in hand, celebrating and hugging each other. They could not believe that they had won. They were now World Champions of Cricket and Rugby. The action filled match ended with a victory for the Hertfordians, as they beat United Adaikes by 29 runs. The logistical team of the T20 World Cup Organising Committee were busy setting up the podium for the awards ceremony. King James of Larxia congratulated the Hertfordian leaders Prime Minister Clarkson, and Tsar Mečislavs I, who were both in attendance. The King then made his way to the field, accompanied by the two Hertfordian leaders, and President Luke Salazar of United Adaikes.

After the podium was set up, the President of Cricket Larxia, Nuno Esprito started off the ceremony. He said, "Before we give the trophy to the Champions of the First T20 World Cup, I would like to present some awards to individual players, who have given one exemplary performance after another, improving the standards of the tournament. The first award, the Best Batsman award, which is given to the batsman who has proven time and again why he is one of the best batsmen in the World, scoring 689 runs in the tournament, the winner of this award, our very own, Rohit Sharma." Sharma got up on the podium to receive the trophy. You could see in his expressions that he could've done more for the team in the Semi-finals.

"Next up, is the Best Bowler award, which is given to the bowler who has claimed the most wickets in the tournament, and have proved their mettle in the World Cup, with 29 wickets, another award claimed by a Larxian, Jasprit Bumrah. He was a very important element of the Larxian National Team, as he was the diamond of the Larxian bowling line-up." Bumrah made his way to the podium to receive the award. He smiled for the cameras, but there was an underlying sorrow.

"Last, but certainly not the least, the Player-of-the-tournament award, which is given to the player who has shown an all round performance, that needs to be recognised, straight from our runners-up, United Adaikes, the captain, Wynne Albrektsson. He has been very important for the Adaikesian team in this tournament." Albrektsson made his way onto the podium to receive the award. He looked a little sad, clearly believing that he should have done more for his team in the finals. "Congratulations to all the winners, you have been amazing in this tournament, and you deserve the cheers.

The Larxian Sports Ministry Chief, Georgina Alves went up to the podium, and addressed the people in attendance. "Your Highness, esteemed leaders of the world, players, and the fans in the stadium today, and all those fans who have been supporting and following their teams since the commencement of the T20 World Cup, I would like you to cheer for our runners-up, United Adaikes Steelbats, and welcome them onto the stage, and congratulate them for such a feat. They have achieved an admirable feat, coming in 2nd out of the 16 teams that participated in the World Cup!" Everyone in the stadium clapped, and cheered, shouting at the top of their lungs in support of the Adaikesians, as they went onto the stage to receive the silver medals.

Georgina Alves said, as she looked towards King James, "I would like to give the honour of announcing the winners to Your Highness, King James. Please come up to your podium Sir."

King James made his way to his executive podium, the trophy sitting there, just beside him. He started, "I know you want to celebrate the victory with your team-mates, but bear with me for a few moments. First of all, I would like to thank every one of you for participating in the T20 World Cup, and holding the game at the standard it deserves to be on. This tournament would not have been possible without the co-operation of the countries. I would like to thank the dignitaries, for accepting my invite, to join me in the One World VIP Box for the viewing of the World Cup Finals. I would like to commend the Cricket association, for the successful organisation of the T20 World Cup. To the Sports Ministry, our work is not done yet, we have still a ways to go, if we wish to win the World Cup the next time it takes place. I would also like to thank the players who contributed to the Valeria Relief Fund, your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Each and every player who contributed to the fund, will be given the Third highest civilian honour in Larxia, the Order of the Duke. I apologize for taking so much time. Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, the winners of the first ever T20 World Cup, Hertfordshire and Jammbo!"

Individual Awards

Award Recipient Country
Best Batsman Rohit Sharma Larxia
Best Bowler Jasprit Bumrah Larxia
Player-of-the-tournament Wynne Albrektsson United Adaikes

World Rankings

unknown.png?width=1001&height=496