1st World Cup of Football Signups & OOC

676420558_logo2whitebackground.png.ec0e1ad26ef03a63d3f400e7c7f1d675.png

Signups and OOC

Welcome to the 1st World Cup of Football for TWP and its nations as we bring the most popular sport in the world right here in our forums! For those that have been participants of previous sports roleplay (the Rugby World Cups, the College Football games, and the 1st Summer Olympics, among others), then you know there will be something like this. For those that have not, don't you worry!

To enter the 1st World Cup of Football, just add a reply to this topic by saying "I want to sign up for the 1st World Cup of Football", or anything along the lines there. Though, same with the RMB, we won't allow double posting (except for me to post my intentions in signing up :D). You can always edit your reply at any given time how many times you want. Also, this thread is for signups and OOC (out of context) posts, like questions about the tournament. If you don't like asking questions here, you can ask them in #world_cup_2021 in our RP Discord server or message me there directly. The IC (in context) thread where we will be posting our nations' team information (players, kits, logo, anything related to such), roleplay (preparations, match day events), and results will be separate and shall have the link be announced in Discord or can be viewed here in our forums starting 2/19/2021.

Also, I will be scorinating this tournament, but if you want your country to host the 1st World Cup of Football IC, signify the same in your reply for signing up (only if you have a place in the map). A little bit of something new from the previous versions of role play, we will be assigning responsibilities for the nation that will host this World Cup (to be selected on 2/19/2021, announced on 2/20/2021). Prepare at least four (4) stadiums (with seat capacity, if available) in cities in your country. Additional responsibilities are given in the Discord post about this one and more will be discussed upon your selection.

Bids for hosting will be accepted until 2/17/2021 at 8 PM ET, while signups will close on 2/18/2021 at 8 PM ET.

That's all for now. Confused about how we will be doing this? New with scorinating? Taking a page from Resu's book, read below.

Sports rp is a special kind of roleplay where rather than the roleplayers deciding what happens, the results are generated first and then the stories are created by the players after the fact to fit the results. This means that the cardinal rule while rp'ing is don't contradict the provided scoreline.

Ah, but how is that scoreline created, you ask? With a special piece of software called a 'scorinator.' A scorinator uses random numbers to generate a realistic score for a sporting even, taking into account several factors. These factors usually are rank and roleplay. If the competitors have competed in the past and established before which teams are stronger, that can be reflected by assigning those teams a rank. The scorinator will then provide realistic results where the stronger team is more likely to win. On the other hand, teams can be given an rp bonus as well. RP bonus is a tool used to encourage people to roleplay in the competition. The user scorinating the competition will read rps and give a bonus to each team according to the roleplay it wrote, slightly boosting its performance in the scorinator. However, this doesn't mean that if you roleplay you will win, and you should always roleplay because it's fun, not because you want the bonus. 

Results will be scorinated one matchday at a time to allow people to roleplay about each game. If you have any other questions about the whole thing works that I didn't address here, feel free to message me or ask in the thread.

Nations signed up:

Alchera
Arifiyyah
Badgeria
Dalimbar
Dilber
Fhaengshia
Fuentana
Fujai
Giovanniland
Hertfordshire and Jammbo
Irador
Italia
K66
Larxia
Libterraria
Nagaraningrad
Nieubasria
Pallandole
Reçueçn
Santos-Dominius
Tara & Cambray
Teralyon
United Adaikes
Zoran

Nations who entered bids to host:

Giovanniland
United Adaikes
Zoran

Hertfordshire and Jammbo wishes to enter this football tournament. (Prototypes for potential team logo below)

2011180817_download(1).png.b219084f4209bf71289d4d49601878c4.png                 1778403730_download(3).png.2a47593697ec0a30bd805b626927645f.png                   download.png.c9e0087e7ec3fe07cb97841fecba4f0b.png                 1478932577_download(2).png.0904c3ed8f7ad909bae182b53e9807c3.png

Hertfordshire and Jammbo is also in the process of weighing up the pros and cons of putting in a bid to host the tournament. Decision will be reached in the next few days.

NOTE: Hertfordshire and Jammbo has decided not to bid for hosting of the 1421 Football World Cup. This is not because we do not wish to, we very much do want to host the tournament, but rather because we doubt anyone would want to play in a country where the coldest places are ice caps, the warmest places tend not to reach 10oC, 22m/h winds are almost constant, 93m/h winds in the south aren't uncommon and even 120m/h winds are prone to happening in the south-west reaches. Even in summer, which it is in H&J, it is still what many who have already bid for hosting would consider a cold autumn day.

Also more importantly, Hertfordshire and Jammbo is rather isolated from the rest of the world, in its own harsh yet picturesque part of the land. We would bloody love to host though and have the capacity to do so.

18 hours ago, United Adaikes said:

e2.png.9f5c57ccec45f101427a9d78a3dfe139.png

(interim logo; to be replaced by the official one on 2/19/2021)

1st TWP World Cup of Football
Signups and OOC

Welcome to the 1st World Cup of Football for TWP and its nations as we bring the most popular sport in the world right here in our forums! For those that have been participants of previous sports roleplay (the Rugby World Cups, the College Football games, and the 1st Summer Olympics, among others), then you know there will be something like this. For those that have not, don't you worry!

To enter the 1st World Cup of Football, just add a reply to this topic by saying "I want to sign up for the 1st TWP WCF", or anything along the lines there. Though, same with the RMB, we won't allow double posting (except for me to post my intentions in signing up :D). You can always edit your reply at any given time how many times you want. Also, this thread is for signups and OOC (out of context) posts, like questions about the tournament. If you don't like asking questions here, you can ask them in #world_cup_2021 in our RP Discord server or message me there directly. The IC (in context) thread where we will be posting our nations' team information (players, kits, logo, anything related to such), roleplay (preparations, match day events), and results will be separate and shall have the link be announced in Discord or can be viewed here in our forums starting 2/19/2021.

Also, I will be scorinating this tournament, but if you want your country to host the 1st World Cup of Football IC, signify the same in your reply for signing up (only if you have a place in the map). A little bit of something new from the previous versions of role play, we will be assigning responsibilities for the nation that will host this World Cup (to be selected on 2/19/2021, announced on 2/20/2021). Prepare at least four (4) stadiums (with seat capacity, if available) in cities in your country. Additional responsibilities are given in the Discord post about this one and more will be discussed upon your selection.

Bids for hosting will be accepted until 2/17/2021 at 8 PM ET, while signups will close on 2/18/2021 at 8 PM ET.

That's all for now. Confused about how we will be doing this? New with scorinating? Taking a page from Resu's book, read below.

Reveal hidden contents

Sports rp is a special kind of roleplay where rather than the roleplayers deciding what happens, the results are generated first and then the stories are created by the players after the fact to fit the results. This means that the cardinal rule while rp'ing is don't contradict the provided scoreline.

Ah, but how is that scoreline created, you ask? With a special piece of software called a 'scorinator.' A scorinator uses random numbers to generate a realistic score for a sporting even, taking into account several factors. These factors usually are rank and roleplay. If the competitors have competed in the past and established before which teams are stronger, that can be reflected by assigning those teams a rank. The scorinator will then provide realistic results where the stronger team is more likely to win. On the other hand, teams can be given an rp bonus as well. RP bonus is a tool used to encourage people to roleplay in the competition. The user scorinating the competition will read rps and give a bonus to each team according to the roleplay it wrote, slightly boosting its performance in the scorinator. However, this doesn't mean that if you roleplay you will win, and you should always roleplay because it's fun, not because you want the bonus. 

Results will be scorinated one matchday at a time to allow people to roleplay about each game. If you have any other questions about the whole thing works that I didn't address here, feel free to message me or ask in the thread.

Nations signed up:

Reveal hidden contents

Badgeria
Dalimbar
Dilber
Fhaengshia
Fuentana
Giovanniland
Hertfordshire and Jammbo
Irador
K66
Larxia