Big Bad Badger

Enemies of the Region

I believe that we should create an enemies of the region Condemnation of the following nations:  Gorunda, Libertanny, and A Leaf on the Wind.  Gorunda for their badge hunting repeal of Commend Halo.  And TEP Delegate Libertanny along with the TRR Delegate A Leaf on the Wind for approving the Repeal in the Queue.  Which by the way, only got through quorum by 1 vote.

Thoughts?

I do actually like the general concept, though I’d envision it much differently. In my opinion, any list like this would be better in the upper levels of the West Pacific. I’m thinking Delegate and cabinet. Partially because I don’t see any particular reason to make it public (that I won’t address in just a second), and partially because most of the people on said list wouldn’t care, and would more or less just laugh until the sun died in response. And while I think the list is a perfectly valid action to take, it’d look petty and to the SC, and TNP and TRR by extension. And while yes, it would be one way to show our displeasure with their actions, I don’t believe it’s the most effective. Just my thoughts. :)

I don't see how proposing a repeal merits placing them on an "enemies list".

The repeal is a horrible idea that should never have made it to vote, but Gorundu and Sarah and Serge don't hate TWP. Besides, we could always just author a replacement, whoch would be easier and much less damaging on the FA side of things.

2 hours ago, Comfed said:

I don't see how proposing a repeal merits placing them on an "enemies list".

The repeal is a horrible idea that should never have made it to vote, but Gorundu and Sarah and Serge don't hate TWP. Besides, we could always just author a replacement, whoch would be easier and much less damaging on the FA side of things.

Unless something has seriously changed, I don’t think our main goal is to prevent damaging our relationship with TEP :P

The concept is interesting, though I am concerned about the possible effects making it public would have on our external image. We have formal relations with all regions where the mentioned people reside in (except for TEP, which I hope we never reopen after all that happened), and this could damage our relationships not just with those regions but also their allies, many of which also have treaties with us. If this list is formally created, I think it should be known only to Delegate and Cabinet like Vara said.

As Vara stated, "it'd look petty" and I agree that it wouldn't be effective. I don't see why the Hall of Nations of The West Pacific should write Commendations/condemnations for nations that are outside of The West Pacific. If you want to C/C someone not in TWP, take it to an inter-regional body, like the Security Council.

Also, why would we only include 2 of the nations who voted for approving this repeal? Would it not make more sense to include all of those nations? Singling out two nations for voting a specific way one time is not a valid reason to make them enemies of TWP.