Bobki

[Campaign] Bobki for Speaker of the Hall of Nations

Hello Hall of Nations, firstly I would like to thank @Zoran for nominating me and giving me this chance to run for the Speaker of the Hall of Nations!

I believe that I am a good candidate as I have a high activity level which is needed to fulfill the role of the Speaker, I have been here for some time now which means I have a fair understanding of how we work, what we aim for as a region and what are some of the achievements of past and current members of the Hall of Nations which will help with the development of future regional commendations. 

I would like to continue with the regional commendations as there are still many more candidates which deserve the recognition of the region, however I would like to try out a different approach to them: I want the Hall of Nations to write it from scratch together, rather than the Speaker writing the first draft and then everyone else saying what should be changed/ added. Through this I would like to increase the activity of the Hall and allow people to have more opportunities to learn how to write commendations/ condemnations for the WA. I would also like to remind members of the Hall that anyone can bring a proposal to the floor of the Hall which they feel will improve Region as a whole. I will also work with @Dilber and help him on whatever he has planned for the Hall in the near future.

My main goal is to aid in keeping The West Pacific the best and trying to make it even better.

I would like to say thank you if you consider casting your vote for me. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions

If I recall correctly, while Dilber has a plan for the HoN he wants player input onto what the future of the Hall will look like. As the potential Speaker of the HoN you could potentially be playing an important role in shaping the future of the Hall as well. While working with Dilber is necessary I want to know what ideas you have for the future of the HoN that you would like to pitch to Dilber. So I must ask, what ideas do you have for the future of the HoN and how are you going to increase activity within the Hall itself?

22 minutes ago, Zoran said:

If I recall correctly, while Dilber has a plan for the HoN he wants player input onto what the future of the Hall will look like. As the potential Speaker of the HoN you could potentially be playing an important role in shaping the future of the Hall as well. While working with Dilber is necessary I want to know what ideas you have for the future of the HoN that you would like to pitch to Dilber. So I must ask, what ideas do you have for the future of the HoN and how are you going to increase activity within the Hall itself?

I think that although we have the UTWP we could also set up teaching groups in the HoN which are run by the senior ministry members to help people to start working in ministries to their full potential. This would be directed more at people who cannot afford to put loads of time into going through UTWP and learning what to do in each ministry but still want to learn what to do in a specific ministry. Through this I believe that we could increase the activity and the manpower in the ministries because it would be easier for people to gain an interest.

I also think that all of the changes proposed should be voted upon and thoroughly discussed to see if the Hall of Nations would actually benefit from it and participate in it so we do not waste time and can focus on things that suit the members more.

As a somewhat newer nation, what do you find significant about commendations/condemnations? How would you encourage various members of the Hall to become more involved in the process? For example: suppose I'm a new nation and have never heard of Neenee. How would you as Speaker guide such a nation to get involved?

58 minutes ago, Bobki said:

I think that although we have the UTWP we could also set up teaching groups in the HoN which are run by the senior ministry members to help people to start working in ministries to their full potential. This would be directed more at people who cannot afford to put loads of time into going through UTWP and learning what to do in each ministry but still want to learn what to do in a specific ministry. Through this I believe that we could increase the activity and the manpower in the ministries because it would be easier for people to gain an interest.

The UTWP is designed to show members of the Hall all aspects of TWP ministries and how they work and decide for themselves afterwards if they would like to continue in a certain field and while I actually like your idea would this not just cause more work for the Ministers who would end up having to teach things twice? Wouldn't Hall members be able to do this and learn about the Ministry of their choice by simply joining?

I am admittedly bias when it comes to the UTWP so apologies.

1 hour ago, Bobki said:

I also think that all of the changes proposed should be voted upon and thoroughly discussed to see if the Hall of Nations would actually benefit from it and participate in it so we do not waste time and can focus on things that suit the members more.

Can you clarify what you mean by "all of the changes proposed"?

15 hours ago, Fuentana said:

As a somewhat newer nation, what do you find significant about commendations/condemnations? How would you encourage various members of the Hall to become more involved in the process? For example: suppose I'm a new nation and have never heard of Neenee. How would you as Speaker guide such a nation to get involved?

Firstly I think that it helps you to learn the history of TWP and how these people have shaped today’s TWP. 
To get newer people to get more involved in the commendations I would advise to read older threads in the forums, but most importantly I would tell them to talk to older people in the region who were there at the time of the significant events. I think that this would make them interested in how TWP has been shaped over time and as a result this could make them more invested in the history!

14 hours ago, Teralyon said:

The UTWP is designed to show members of the Hall all aspects of TWP ministries and how they work and decide for themselves afterwards if they would like to continue in a certain field and while I actually like your idea would this not just cause more work for the Ministers who would end up having to teach things twice? Wouldn't Hall members be able to do this and learn about the Ministry of their choice by simply joining?

I think this wouldn’t be run by the ministers but rather other ministry members could volunteer to help and because I’ve been through the UTWP process it can take quite a lot of your time and it can also be quite stressful if you’re doing one of the bigger projects. Simply joining a ministry might no be right for some people because they might feel like they’re not ready.

14 hours ago, Teralyon said:

Can you clarify what you mean by "all of the changes proposed"?

So I understand that the Delegate decides all of the changes made in TWP but this vote would be more to see if people will actually use the changes or benefit from them. I am talking about the changes made in the Hall of Nations.

1) With the upcoming changes to some of the Ministries, how do you see the Speaker's role in the transition? Do you see the changes the Cultural Trust has gone through as a sort of template?

2) What ideas do you have about being in charge of the first election for the Hall of Nations Guardian?

1 hour ago, Fhaengshia said:

1) With the upcoming changes to some of the Ministries, how do you see the Speaker's role in the transition? Do you see the changes the Cultural Trust has gone through as a sort of template?

2) What ideas do you have about being in charge of the first election for the Hall of Nations Guardian?

1) I am not fully sure what the new structure of the HoN will look like therefore I don’t think it is fair for me to say how everything will be done and how it will be working. But I believe that the speaker will have quite an important role in the coordination of the changes and they will create a clear communication link between the cabinet and the ordinary members of the Hall.

2) I think it should follow the structure of all the other elections with the nomination period, the campaign period and then finally the voting period. If I do become successful I would like to put a lot of emphasis on this new position and would like to have a bigger candidate group, but that all depends on how many people get nominated. 

On 11/11/2020 at 6:08 PM, Bobki said:

I would like to continue with the regional commendations as there are still many more candidates which deserve the recognition of the region, however I would like to try out a different approach to them: I want the Hall of Nations to write it from scratch together, rather than the Speaker writing the first draft and then everyone else saying what should be changed/ added.

Interesting approach. I've personally always written the first draft so the commendation could have a good start and also resemble a bit more the WA Security Council discussions, though your idea can also work if correctly applied, in my opinion. What are the reasons for you to have come to this decision, and how would you exactly manage the discussions from scratch?

20 hours ago, Giovanniland said:

Interesting approach. I've personally always written the first draft so the commendation could have a good start and also resemble a bit more the WA Security Council discussions, though your idea can also work if correctly applied, in my opinion. What are the reasons for you to have come to this decision, and how would you exactly manage the discussions from scratch?

I am not going to lie as it would be against what I stand for. Therefore one of the reasons why I would like to try this is because I haven’t had much experience with this sort of writing, however if it will be necessary for me to write it, I will try my best to make it as good as the previous commendations. Another reason for this is to get the HoN more active and involved in the commendations. 

Firstly I would make the new thread with the commendation and would ask people to add their parts to it and change the commendation as it grows. I would ask to not make each of the phrases too long in order to give the chance to others to write some parts too. If there would be a lack of contributions from the Hall, I would finish the commendation and then do the usual process of waiting to see if people want me to change anything. This is the basic idea but I can still change and rethink parts of it, if something doesn’t work.