Sign in to follow this  
Giovanniland

[Discussion] Commend Neenee

After the usual nomination period, here's the 1st draft of our next Regional Commendation, the last one of this Speaker term. It's strongly encouraged to participate here and as always, suggestions are well appreciated. Feel free to suggest anything to add or improve by commenting here.

1st Draft:

The Region of the West Pacific,

Acknowledging that Neenee has vastly contributed to the region for almost two decades, under the aliases of Neenee and Minineenee,

Noting that Neenee has previously been Delegate of the West for almost one year, once in 2005 and then in 2018, both terms in which the region had lots of activity,

Honouring Neenee's tenure in several other governmental positions in the early days of the West Pacific, such as:

• Prime Minister, being the first ever holder of this important government position,
  • Regent (under Delegate ZetaOne), a position similar to Vice-Delegate with the intent of securing the region,
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs twice, conducting the regional diplomacy with the NationStates world,

Appreciating Neenee's term as Minister of Internal Affairs under Delegate Big Bad Badger, in which the nominee spearheaded a revamping of regional culture by:

• recruiting new writers and publishing several editions of the regional newspaper,
  • hosting several festivals such as "Celebrate TWP,"
  • encouraging book reading in the region by authoring the "Nee Reads" dispatches and assisting Bran Astor to produce "The Reader's Almanac," earning Neenee the title of Regional Librarian, 

Further appreciating the nominee's terms as Guardian of the West throughout several years, helping to defend the region from threats by suppressing posts on the Regional Message Board and banjecting unwanted nations, and

Recognizing that Neenee's contributions and efforts deserve a Commendation by the Region,

Hereby regionally commends Neenee.

Discussion must take at least 72 hours, but let's as always take as much time as needed to develop a great regional commendation.

"Appreciating Neenee's recent support of the region, in roles such as Minister of Internal Affairs under Delegate Big Bad Badger, in which the nominee spearheaded a revamping of regional culture,"

Recent support should be clarified as she has not been active in the region for at least a year. Go into detail about the cultural revamp.

"Aware that Neenee has also been very active elsewhere in the NationStates world, but maintains the West Pacific as main allegiance, and"

This is an odd clause due to the year or so worth of inactivty.

19 hours ago, Bran Astor said:

"Appreciating Neenee's recent support of the region, in roles such as Minister of Internal Affairs under Delegate Big Bad Badger, in which the nominee spearheaded a revamping of regional culture,"

Recent support should be clarified as she has not been active in the region for at least a year. Go into detail about the cultural revamp.

"Aware that Neenee has also been very active elsewhere in the NationStates world, but maintains the West Pacific as main allegiance, and"

This is an odd clause due to the year or so worth of inactivty.

Thanks for the feedback! I simplified the sentence to just "appreciating Neenee's term as Minister of Internal Affairs..." to make it clearer, and added details about the regional culture at the time. As for the other clause, rereading made me think it doesn't add anything to the text of the commendation, so I've removed it for now.

Reader's Almanac was part of my Coffee Dispatches, produced with Nee's assistance, and came to be during my stint as MoIA during Dave's delegacy. Sorry to nitpick, but the statement isn't historically accurate.

Perhaps @Big Bad Badger could weigh in with a better accounting as I was only just arriving in TWP at the time.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:27 AM, Bran Astor said:

Sorry to nitpick, but the statement isn't historically accurate.

Perhaps @Big Bad Badger could weigh in with a better accounting as I was only just arriving in TWP at the time.

No problem, the sentence is now changed.

Any other comments? It would be in fact interesting to hear more about that.

Now that the elections have ended, posting here so this thread isn't forgotten. I'll still amend the proposal if anyone suggests something, because I proposed it. However, the vote will be organized by ALON in the duties of Speaker.

Any final suggestions or comments?

I motion to vote on this commendation