The Orandian Oracle

The official national news outlet of Orandia brings you the latest, most important happenings in the nation!

Prince Alexander's Engagement Finally Announced!

Just yesterday, Crown Prince Alexander Enfeld publicly announced his engagement to Ophelia Kihime, a young woman from the lakeside city of Narodia--an unexpected choice indeed, but far from an unwelcome one. Born to a high-class family in the foggy capital of Pala, Ophelia's parents describe her as intelligent, thoughtful, and kind. She seems to be a good fit for the next queen of Orandia, but the reasoning behind Prince Alexander's choice remains a mystery. Some claim that Ophelia is a means of strengthening cross-cultural relations, while others think the two have simply fallen in love. Still others believe it was an effort on Alexander's part to please his parents and provide a stable future for the royal family. When asked about the reasoning for his choice, he told us, "Ophelia might not have been my richest suitor, nor the most well connected. But that matters little. What's more important is that she's got a good head on her shoulders, and she's more than ready to take up the responsibility of her new position. And," he continued, with a smile in Ophelia's direction, "she is someone I can see myself sharing my life with." Both of Alexander's parents have heartily given their approval of Ophelia and Alexander's engagement. The two plan to be wed shortly after the new year.