Sign in to follow this  
Giovanniland

[Discussion] Commend Bhang Bhang Duc

It is time again! After a very successful and active nomination discussion, I bring to the Hall the first draft of another Regional Commendation. Feel free to discuss; whether it is something to add or improve, or just a minor suggestion, don't hesitate to comment on this thread! After all, participation from all the Hall is strongly encouraged here.

Draft 2:

The Region of The West Pacific,

Acknowledging that Bhang Bhang Duc (hereby referred to as BBD) has participated in the region for over a decade, 

Appreciating BBD's tenure in the regional Delegate position during mid-2014 that, despite its short length, kept the region's culture and people active and united,

Noting that BBD was appointed in 2016 as Minister for World Assembly Affairs by then Delegate Elegarth, and spearheaded a very successful term, in which WA resolutions were carefully discussed by the nominee and other TWP members,

Further noting the nominee's experience on WA affairs (especially within the WA Security Council) can be observed by comments on proposals both within TWP and the wider NationStates forums, guiding aspiring WA resolution authors to improve their proposals,

Honouring BBD's multiple terms as Guardian of the West (ranging from the early days of NationStates up to 2017), banjecting so many nations to secure the Delegate's position that BBD later earned the epithet of 'Master of the Trebuchet' and set a model for upcoming Guardians;

Respecting the more recent positions held by BBD, such as Y Ddraig Goch Orllewinol (appointed by Delegate Bran Astor), lasting to the present day and allowing the nominee to continue their watchful eye on the region, thus keeping it a better place for all residents, 

Admiring BBD's presence on the Regional Message Board (RMB), contributing to the regional culture by:

• posting on the RMB about many interesting topics, such as astronomy (via their 'Astronomy Spots'),

• carrying on with the ever-flowing regional snark in such a great scale that BBD has been recognized as 'King of Snark' by many residents,

• suppressing an impressive number of rule-breaking posts during their terms as Guardian and other aforementioned roles in order to keep the RMB cleaner;

Observing BBD's work on overcoming roo-fur madness, and the importance of that feat in our proudly anti-marsupialist Region, and 

Believing that BBD's impacts and contributions to the West Pacific merit a commendation by the Region,

Hereby regionally commends Bhang Bhang Duc.

Draft 1:

Spoiler

The Region of The West Pacific,

Acknowledging that Bhang Bhang Duc (hereby referred to as BBD) has participated in the region for over a decade, 

Appreciating BBD's tenure in the regional Delegate position (mid-2014) that, despite its short length, kept the region's culture and people active and united,

Noting that BBD was appointed in 2016 as Minister for World Assembly Affairs by then Delegate Elegarth, and spearheaded a very successful term, in which WA resolutions were carefully discussed by the nominee and other TWP members,

Further noting the nominee's experience on WA affairs (especially within the WA Security Council) can be observed by comments on proposals both within TWP and the wider NationStates forums, guiding aspiring WA resolution authors to improve their proposals,

Honouring BBD's multiple terms as Guardian of the West, securing the Delegate's position by maintaining high endorsement levels and keeping a close watch on any troublemakers, banjecting many of those and setting a model for upcoming Guardians;

Respecting the more recent positions held by BBD, such as Y Ddraig Goch Orllewinol (appointed by Delegate Bran Astor), lasting to the present day and allowing the nominee to continue their watchful eye on the region as described above, thus keeping it a better place for all residents, 

Admiring BBD's presence on the Regional Message Board, contributing to the regional culture by carrying on with the ever-flowing regional snark, as well as posting about interesting topics (such as their Astronomy Spots), and

Believing that BBD's impacts and contributions to the West Pacific merit a commendation by the Region,

Hereby regionally commends Bhang Bhang Duc.

Discussion must take at least 72 hours, but I believe the longer we discuss (as we've discussed past regional commendations), the better our commendation will be!

I would like to see more details. The way I'm reading it, the clauses "Appreciating...," "Honoring...," and "Respecting..." all indicate BBD did the job they were appointed to, but nothing above and beyond. The above and beyond part is what I want to see in a commendation.

Edit: For example, in Altino's commendation, it lists achievements that Altino accomplished while commander of TWPAF (collecting over 100 embassies, rather than just "successfully raided regions").

On 8/16/2020 at 9:55 PM, Mediobogdum said:

Regional astronomer, King of Snark, and Master of The Trebuchet...

Now I'm wondering how did I forget about the snark :o definitely something added about contributions to the regional culture.
Was the title/epithet of 'Master of the Trebuchet' already used when BBD was still a Guardian? It would be a nice addition to the clause about his multiple Guardian terms, though I'd rather confirm so we don't end up inventing the title right now.

15 hours ago, ALON said:

I would like to see more details. The way I'm reading it, the clauses "Appreciating...," "Honoring...," and "Respecting..." all indicate BBD did the job they were appointed to, but nothing above and beyond. The above and beyond part is what I want to see in a commendation.

Edit: For example, in Altino's commendation, it lists achievements that Altino accomplished while commander of TWPAF (collecting over 100 embassies, rather than just "successfully raided regions").

I see. I've edited a few things, but I'm still searching for more information as we speak - especially on his Delegate term, since it was only around a month so not many things could've happened (though the RMB points out some disagreements near the term's end).
In my opinion, the most important legacy of his work as Guardian is being really present on the RMB, watching, suppressing, and banjecting so many nations to keep the region free of rule-breakers and such: it can be seen as a model for upcoming Guardians after his time. This continues on his more recent work in special positions appointed by Bran - so there's not much to add, I believe. Unless, of course, people have suggestions to.

I think we need to commend BBD's perseverance in overcoming Roo Fur Madness in our Anti-Marsupialist region. That's a major feat. 

If we ever proceeded with a SC resolution I think we should transpose it to a condemnation since BBD is also The Cardinal of the Most Evil in/of The Crimson Order.

Research is ongoing...

Draft 2 is up with some edits to add more information, such as the timeframe in which BBD's multiple Guardian terms happened, and developing the part about regional culture contributions. I found it interesting to add some of the titles/epithets mentioned by Medio earlier which are interesting tidbits of information, however if anyone opposes that feel free to say it here on the thread.

On 8/24/2020 at 2:44 PM, Fuentana said:

I think we need to commend BBD's perseverance in overcoming Roo Fur Madness in our Anti-Marsupialist region. That's a major feat. 

If we ever proceeded with a SC resolution I think we should transpose it to a condemnation since BBD is also The Cardinal of the Most Evil in/of The Crimson Order.

Research is ongoing...

Interesting suggestion, and I've added a clause talking about that - not sure if anyone opposes it either.

So, any other comments, Hall?
I noticed our activity hasn't been that great - and my plan was to develop this until the end of August and vote at the start of September - of course if we need to delay it because people have more to comment that's totally fine, I don't want to rush it either. But I really need you to comment on whether you like the current the text or have something to change. #ForTheWest!

Everyone seemed to have brought up many of the things I was going to bring up. But I believe that this commendation is well deserved and that this draft portrays many of BBD’s accomplishments as well as his dedication to the region.

That being said and seeing discussion has stalled as Gio pointed out, I motion to vote.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, Zoran said:

Everyone seemed to have brought up many of the things I was going to bring up. But I believe that this commendation is well deserved and that this draft portrays many of BBD’s accomplishments as well as his dedication to the region.

That being said and seeing discussion has stalled as Gio pointed out, I motion to vote.

A motion has been noted by the Speaker. This requires a second motion, if someone agrees the proposal is ready for vote.