Sign in to follow this  
Giovanniland

[Discussion] Nominations for the 4th Regional Commendation

Hello all! It is again the time we discuss on the future of regional commendations: we've already commended three awesome people that have indeed done a lot for the West. However, I'm sure there are a lot more that have also done commendable efforts in our region! You can suggest them here on the thread, showing some reasons about why your choice should be commended.

As we're on the end of this Speaker term, most likely the discussion on the commendation itself will be led by the next Speaker, after the August elections.

This discussion shall last for 5 days, until 23:00 UTC of July 28th.

I think we should consider a regional commendation for Westwind and Darkesia. They are both significant in the region’s history and have done a lot for the region.

23 minutes ago, Zoran said:

I think we should consider a regional commendation for Westwind and Darkesia. They are both significant in the region’s history and have done a lot for the region.

I'm not opposed to this, but each has either a WA commendation or condemnation, and I think it would be good to go back to our earlier trajectory of important figures in the early history who haven't received WA commends/condemns. 

If the Hall is interested in going from the earlier days on, some options include:

• YY4U
  • Bhang Bhang Duc
  • Neenee
  • Dilber
  • others (historical digging is ongoing)

Maybe one of these luminaries? 

Edit: I'm in favor of YY4U next

14 minutes ago, Zoran said:

But they both already have an in-game commendation/condemnation. What about choosing someone who doesn't have any award but deserves one for their service to the region like YY4U or BBD?

1 hour ago, Big Bad Badger said:

But they both already have an in-game commendation/condemnation. What about choosing someone who doesn't have any award but deserves one for their service to the region like YY4U or BBD?

Thank you for pointing that out to me badger :)

But yes I whole heartedly agree with creating a regional commendation for Yy or BBD!

Bhang Bhang Duc has maintained a long time gameside presence in the Security Council Forums, as well as their short delegacy and general administrative involvement, they are my current first choice for a regional commendation.

Awesome participation so far, everyone! It seems we currently have an agreement on Yy4u and BBD for the next regional commendations, though I'll still wait 4 more days, if anyone didn't voice their thoughts here yet.

4 hours ago, Fuentana said:

Would it be crazy to work on two commendations simultaneously? Have a YY team and a BBD team and bring them to vote at the same time but separately? Could be a great way to empower newer members (especially graduates of UTWP)

Personally I don't see a problem with your idea, as we've already drafted 3 commendations so we already have plenty of experience to start drafting more than one simultaneously - not sure what other people think, though.

However, that's ultimately the decision of the next Speaker, as this discussion ends on the 28th and the August election cycle starts soon after on August 2, thus I'd rather wait until after the elections.

21 hours ago, Reçueçn said:

Yy and BBD both seem like great candidates! (With BBD's levels of snark, I wonder if maybe he deserves the honor of the first regional condemnation instead :P)

Thanks! Well, I'm not sure about the condemnation. BBD has done lots of awesome contributions to the region, so I'd say he deserves a commendation.

I've reviewed the many comments and most, if not all, of the people who commented here agree on the nomination of Yy4u and BBD.
Thus, both shall soon be commended regionally, after the August election cycle. I'm now closing the thread since the 5-day deadline has ended.