The Omnipotent Questionnaire Thread - Step Three!

Nation name: Eisengrun

3-Letter Code: EIS                                 2-Letter Code: ES

Capital City: Osala

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy

The population of my nation is: Below Average / Average / Above average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Below Average / Average / Above average

Government Spending - Which statement best describes your nation?

X

My nation provides moderate social programs, or a small selection of social programs. 

My nation has an extensive social safety net, or provides multiple programs like universal healthcare, welfare, and free tuition for its citizens 

My nation does not provide social programs beyond bare necessities and/or high school educations. 

My nation does not prioritize social spending, but engages in some large-scale government or public spending projects. 

My nation’s government spending is a vast majority of our GDP, such as having to coordinate our import-dependent economy.
(this option is subject to Cartography Board approval)

Military Indicator - Which statement best describes your nation?

X

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed forces within our means. 

My nation has little incentive or political drive for military spending, but maintains a small-to-moderate modern armed forces. 

My nation has prioritized military spending at the expense of other key areas and may have been criticized for lack of freedom or human rights issues. 

My nation does not prioritize military spending due to other priorities, the belief we are safe, or we don’t have enough money left over to fund it. 

My nation is heavily embattled and we believe we face an existential threat.

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: 
Eisengrun is a Constitutional Monarchy that is lead by a Grand Duke. The nation is made up of eight petty principalities, one of which belongs to the Grand Duke's family. The nation holds some welfare programs such as helping helping the poor with food and housing, providing primary childhood education, and disability benefits. Though others, such as health care and college educations, are paid for by the private citizens. 

The military is an ages old priority of the Eisengrun government. Service in it is compulsory for a period of 18 - 24 months, depending on a variety of things, with the option to voluntarily extend service or enter into an inactive reserve status. This is a holdover from ages past when the region was more unstable, and several people with for it to be abolished or shortened, but the government has yet been unwilling to do so. Because of compulsory military training, the government views the populace as being well trained in weapon safety and as such private citizens have the inherent right to own firearms as long as they are found to be of sound mind and not convicted of a violent crime. The citizens of Eisengrun also enjoy the rights of free speech, protections from unlawful abuse, and protection from self incrimination, all enshrined in law. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 5:43 AM, Aelitia said:

Nation name: Orandia

3-Letter Code: ORA                  2-Letter Code: OR

Capital City: Aidnaro

Government Type: Westminster system

The population of my nation is: Below Average / Average / Above average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Below Average / Average / Above average

My nation provides moderate social programs, or a small selection of social programs. 

x

My nation has an extensive social safety net, or provides multiple programs like universal healthcare, welfare, and free tuition for its citizens 

My nation does not provide social programs beyond bare necessities and/or high school educations. 

My nation does not prioritize social spending, but engages in some large-scale government or public spending projects. 

My nation’s government spending is a vast majority of our GDP, such as having to coordinate our import-dependent economy.

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed forces within our means. 

My nation has little incentive or political drive for military spending, but maintains a small-to-moderate modern armed forces. 

My nation has prioritized military spending at the expense of other key areas and may have been criticized for lack of freedom or human rights issues. 

x

My nation does not prioritize military spending due to other priorities, the belief we are safe, or we don’t have enough money left over to fund it. 

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: Orandia has a large fishing industry; its coasts are dotted with fishing towns. Its people are largely peaceful, if reserved. 

Nation name: Marisalia

3-Letter Code: MSL                                 2-Letter Code: MA

Capital City: Bramsea

Government Type: Monarchic Triumvirate

X

X (Through conscription)

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: Largely inspired by modern day (and irl) Great Britain, Marisalia only recently formed itself into a Monarchic Triumvirate (circa 1200 A.F.). It's government is composed of The Royal Family, The Executive Council and Citizen's Parliament, and various religious leaders. The respective heads of each branch form the three leaders of the nation. The coastal city (and national capital of Marisalia) of Bramsea is home to Bramsea Palace, Councillors Row, Parliament House, and The Grand Basilica, The Royal University of Marisala, The National Bank, Striker National Auditorium (Home of the Marisalia Royal Philharmonic Orchestra), The Marisalia Heritage Museum, as well as the various Ministries that make up the Executive Council (Science, Finance, Defense, Justice, Civil Affairs, etc.).

Smaller cities surround the nation's two main lakes (The small one is Lake Hope and the largest is Lake Providence) and the northern peninsula is a popular tourist destination. Even smaller farming towns and trade cities dot the landscape. While roads and cars are used (at your own risk due to lack of speed limits), the government has been attempting to increase spending in the arena of public transport, resulting in train lines through all major cities and bus lines throughout the country.

• 4 weeks later...

Nation name:  New Velka

3-Letter Code: NVR                                 2-Letter Code: NV

Capital City: Harramora 

Government Type: Stratocratic Federal Council

x

X

x

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share:  The New Velkan Enclave is a state
that has a growing economy and a strong military. Although the Velkan Government maintain a

code of neutrality, it'll assist it's fellow nation-states in dire crisis.

Nation name: Gryphonian Alliance

3-Letter Code: GRY                                 2-Letter Code: GA

Capital City: Plasmadius Prime

Government Type: Parliamentary republic

X

X

Nation name:       Mediobogdum

3-Letter Code:     MED                             2-Letter Code:    MD

Capital City:         Gariannonum

Government Type:   Unicameral Republic

X

X

Mediobogdum is a massive, industrially efficient nation, is notable for its frequent executions, enslaved workforce, and rampant corporate plagiarism. This position has been founded on the nation's massive naval military and merchant naval fleets.  The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.  Mediobogdum has a large number of colonies which it has acquired over the past 2,000 years as the results of wars, peace treaties, and subjugation.  The nation's current factbook can be found here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mediobogdum/detail=factbook/id=434240

Nation name: Emark

3-Letter Code: EAR                                 2-Letter Code: EM

Capital City: Six Passengers

Government Type: Anocratic Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic

The population of my nation is:  Above average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Average

X (for food) 

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed force within our means. 

X

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: See Emark’s whole factbook, https://www.nationstates.net/nation=emark/detail=factbook/id=1415391, and just let me know through telegram or a reply in here if there is a need for Balancing. 

• 1 month later...

Nation name: Daskel

3-Letter Code: DKL                                 2-Letter Code: DK

Capital City: Daito

Government Type: Democratic Republic

x

x

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: The republic of Daskel (Dasukeru in Taiyōgo) is currently divided in 30 Prefectures. Historically, Daskel holds Taiyōgo speaking population. People from native groups who speaks the "Ioran", a group of local native languages. Taiyōgo is the official language in the country. Eastern and Western dialects are a thing, with different speech patterns and word usage. Common is also taught at schools nationwide. Culturally, the nation is based in RL Japan. Daskel is well known for their huge sea-operating economy. The three big pillars of Daskel's economy are Technology, Mining and Tourism. The five major Daskelian Prefectures are Daito, Kuji, Kuyama, Ten and Hanto. Sea culture is broad on the country, and many seaside cities and prefectures hold the biggest numbers of population due to it. The main port of the country is the Wan Dai Minato, in Kuji Bay, Kuji. The next major harbour is Hanto Minato. in Umichi, Hanto. Fishing also has a big part, but it's overshadowed by the largest industries. The country is full of protected natural parks; In fact, there are many laws that regulates nature conservation.

Another important place in Daskel's economy is Kozan. The prefecture is surrounded by the mountains, and the main activity is mining. Many cities were founded by mine workers and enterprises. Kozan is also known for being one of the most industrialized places of Daskel. Connectivity is a huge thing in the country. As mining developed in the center of Daskel, the nation developed a big, intricate train network to supply everything, from mining gear to passengers. Motorways are good, but trains are the king of Daskelian's transportation.

Nation name: Kurabis

3-Letter Code: KUR                               2-Letter Code: KU

Capital City: Parducze

Government Type: Federal unicameral parlamentary republic

x

x

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, Aelitia said:

Nation name: Gloibria

3-Letter Code:                 GJE                 2-Letter Code: GJ

Capital City: Riekia

Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy

X

X

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: Gloibria has a very large maritime culture and is very proud of its language and tradition.

Nation name: Santos-Dominius

3-Letter Code:  SDS                             2-Letter Code: SD

Capital City: Friberne

Government Type: Constitutional federal presidential republic

x

x

Santos-Dominius is a tourism, economic cultural powerhouse for a nation of its size, with sunny beaches, skyscraper hotels, office buildings, stock exchange screens and top-tier restaurants all peacefully co-existing on the country's scattered but individually picturesque islands. Friberne, located on the small island of Santos, is the quaint, mountainside capital of the nation, containing such famous attractions as the Founding Of The Republic Monument, the National Senate Palace, the Presidential Residence and the humble Friberne skyline itself, observable from the expansive Carnation Park, a green cell at the heart of the city. Friberne is a major trade hub: overwhelming amounts of cargo and shipping pass through, arrive or depart from the Port of Friberne, while international traffic is also served by the bustling and futuristic Bill Mulberry International Airport in close proximity to the city's outskirts.

Much bigger than Santos, the island of the Dominius is the biggest overall in the entire nation. It was also once home to the country's seat of power: Hannstein proved to be lovely, with all-round perfect weather, though the national government moved out after tourism industries took over much-needed space for the government to expand its complex of buildings there. It is notable, however, that many of the first major decisions the country made were indeed made in Hannstein: the setting of ".sd" as the Santo-Dominian Internet TLD, the ratification of the Santo-Dominian Constitution by all 10 of the founding counties and the establishment of the country's unicameral legislature, the National Senate, which operates to this day as one of the most democratic and robust legislatures in the region, putting checks and balances on the President and the Cabinet.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, iOctagon said:

Nation name: Santos-Dominius

3-Letter Code:  SDS                             2-Letter Code: SD

Capital City: Friberne

Government Type: Constitutional federal presidential republic

x

x

Santos-Dominius is a tourism, economic cultural powerhouse for a nation of its size, with sunny beaches, skyscraper hotels, office buildings, stock exchange screens and top-tier restaurants all peacefully co-existing on the country's scattered but individually picturesque islands. Friberne, located on the small island of Santos, is the quaint, mountainside capital of the nation, containing such famous attractions as the Founding Of The Republic Monument, the National Senate Palace, the Presidential Residence and the humble Friberne skyline itself, observable from the expansive Carnation Park, a green cell at the heart of the city. Friberne is a major trade hub: overwhelming amounts of cargo and shipping pass through, arrive or depart from the Port of Friberne, while international traffic is also served by the bustling and futuristic Bill Mulberry International Airport in close proximity to the city's outskirts.

Much bigger than Santos, the island of the Dominius is the biggest overall in the entire nation. It was also once home to the country's seat of power: Hannstein proved to be lovely, with all-round perfect weather, though the national government moved out after tourism industries took over much-needed space for the government to expand its complex of buildings there. It is notable, however, that many of the first major decisions the country made were indeed made in Hannstein: the setting of ".sd" as the Santo-Dominian Internet TLD, the ratification of the Santo-Dominian Constitution by all 10 of the founding counties and the establishment of the country's unicameral legislature, the Island Council, which operates to this day as one of the most democratic and robust legislatures in the region, putting checks and balances on the President and the Cabinet.

A few updates: I've updated the Santo-Dominian capital to Friberne, so please update that. Also, the demonym for Santos-Dominius is Santo-Dominian(s). The Head of Government as well as Head of State is the President Paul Goldberg. Please make the Santo-Dominian calling code +2 38, and the time zone IAT +0.

Nation name: Daehwi

3-Letter Code:  DAE                                2-Letter Code: DA

Capital City: Seokyeong

Government Type: Absolute Monarchy

X

X

Daehwi is a developed nation, having a very high rating of 0.891 in the Human Development Index.

Nation name: Tiritchiq

3-Letter Code: TRQ                                 2-Letter Code: TQ

Capital City: Masaaraq

Government Type: Federal Parliamentary Elected Chiefdom

x

x

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: Out of character, my nation is largely inspired by the Inuit peoples of Canada and Alaska, as well as borrowing some elements from the Southern Water Tribe from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

The nation is composed of numerous independent tribes represented by a Council of Elders; they, in turn, answer and provide advice to an elected chief, who functions as the official head of state.

The Tiritchik are largely dependent on the ocean for their livelihood; many of the tribes are predominantly fishing communities as a result of this.

In general, the nation and its populace are peaceful, preferring to avoid hostilities with neighbors unless there is no other choice, and even then, it would be purely out of defense.

Nation name: Cancotilianzal

3-Letter Code: CZL                                 2-Letter Code: CZ

Capital City: Almdalir

Government Type: Centrist Empirical Republic

x

x

Cancotilianzal is loosely based off the Norse societies of the 10th and 11th centuries, but with a lesser focus on violent expansion and raiding, but more on the trade and commercial expansion seen from the recent industrialization movement.  

It is still undergoing rapid transformation into a 'modern' state, but social programs and defense capabilities are equally important to the Duchy. Furthermore, there are small sects of Canca people that wish to return to their violent, raid-filled heritage, as they believe that is the way to attune oneself with the gods.

• 2 weeks later...

Nation name: Vergville

3-Letter Code: VRG                            2-Letter Code: VG

Capital City: Coneanix

Government Type: Federal Republic

The population of my nation is: Average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Above average

X

X

Edited by VergVillerepublic
I had to work out on the numbers for my total population calculations based on my inspirations

• 3 weeks later...

Nation name: United Adaikes

3-Letter Code: UAD                              2-Letter Code: UA

Capital City: Adaikes Central

Government Type: Federal Republic

X

X

• 2 weeks later...

Nation name: Fhaengshia

3-Letter Code: FHA                              2-Letter Code: FH

Capital City: Fhaendhaw

Government Type: Unitary Republic

x

x

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: The Most Gilt Republic of Fhaengshia is located on the northern coast of Andolia. The fertile east coast and southern forests contrast with the arid central plateau which has extensive mining and only subsistence agriculture. The northern coast has soil that is predominantly sandy clay and has little plant life but hosts most of the nations chemical industry with significant oil and gas reserves off the coast.

A large proportion of the population live on Caendhai island, particularly in the capital Fhaendhaw which is the economic and political centre of the nation. Most of the mainland is split into 12 territories, with the rest of the nation being the national territory. The territories have no regional governments but have committees filled with the Grand Assembly (GA) members who are elected from the Local Council Areas within each territory, the committees are chaired by a Governor appointed by Cabinet. Elections are held every 5 years. Cabinet is chaired by a Consul elected for life by the GA and a Consul elected for the 5 year electoral term by the 6 Senior Councillors in Cabinet who are elected by GA members based on 6 clusters or groupings of territories. Cabinet is also joined by the Chief Justices of both the Civil and Criminal Supreme Courts, who are chosen for 1 year terms by the Consul (lifetime).

The current constitution was written in 1360 and created the 3rd Republic of Fhaengshia after over a decade of civil unrest and effective government shutdown under minority governments in the 2nd Republic due to the 12 mainland territories not having suffrage due to their status as colonies at the time. Domestic policy is still a major focus as the government tries to bridge the divide between the mostly urban and much wealthier national territory and the mostly rural mainland territories. This has been assisted by the discovery of oil and gas reserves off the north coast, but the rapidly growing chemical industry and older mining industries on the plateau are criticised for their poor environmental record.

Nation name: Min-Su

3-Letter Code:  MSU                                2-Letter Code: MU

Capital City: Qiye City

Government Type: Unitary Parliamentary Absolute Monarchy

x

x

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: Min-Sun people follows Daoist traditions wherein epics of cultivators where once orally spread.

• 1 month later...

Nation name: The United States of Quitman Mississippi

3-Letter Code:   UQM                               2-Letter Code: QM

Capital City: Santa Cruz

Government Type: Democracy

The population of my nation is: Above average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Above average

x

x

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: I am gay

There is an updated version at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 5:43 PM, Aelitia said:

Nation name: Arifiyyah 

3-Letter Code: ARF                   2-Letter Code: AR

Capital City: MEDINA ARIF

Government Type: Psychotic Dictatorship

The population of my nation is: Average 

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Above average

X

X

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed forces within our means. 

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: nothing

• 3 weeks later...

Nation name: The people’s republic of k66

3-Letter Code:                 PRK                 2-Letter Code: RK

Capital City: Gallos

Government Type: Communist 

The population of my nation is: Below Average / Average  / Above average

The GDP per capita of my nation is: Below Average / Average  / Above average

X

My nation does not prioritize social spending, but engages in some large-scale government or public spending projects. 

My nation has made a commitment to security, and maintains a moderately sized modern armed forces within our means. 

x

My nation has little incentive or political drive for military spending, but maintains a small-to-moderate modern armed forces. 

Any other inspirations or concepts you want to share: The K66 is on war with there most population city called kaloss.