Hello everyone!

I am Zoran and I am running for Speaker of the Hall of Nations. Most of you probably do not know me as I have only been a member of the community for a little over a month but you may have seen me active on the discord, RMB, and on the forum in that time. While I do acknowledge that I am a newer member than Gio was when he first ran for Speaker I have learned the culture and structure of TWP relatively quickly. During my short time here I have become a regional guide and have helped the region with dealing with the massive influx of new nations we had recently and I am a member of our Foreign Affairs department. I am aware of the responsibilities of the Speaker and for those that are not aware the responsibilities of the speaker I will sum it up for you.

The Speaker's main responsibility is to coordinate votes and discussions via creating threads to organize these votes as well as moderating them, warning people who behave inappropriately in the HoN, and a relatively recent addition of organizing regional commendations for experienced members in the region.

As I have said earlier, I am a new nation and I will say that I am still learning the vast history of TWP but I hope to do my best to learn this history as I work as Speaker. I also recognize that my running mate has done much during his time as Speaker and has entered the position with five more months of experience than me. But while this may be true, if I am elected speaker I wish to try and get a higher participation in creating commendations from the newer population as I have seen that while my running mate has revived the HoN, I wish to increase the participation and get the newer members aware that they can participate in creating regional commendations so that they too can learn the history of TWP and its members. Along with this I wish to organize a deep dive into the history of TWP and to commend even more historically important members so that we can recognize their contributions to what makes this community great today. While many may hesitate to vote for me because of how new I wish to encourage you to take a leap of faith in the elections and hope you consider voting for me. Should you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer your questions accordingly.

Hi Zoran! I am excited to see two very qualified individuals running for Speaker! I am currently wavering and undecided between you two.

As a very new nation, I understand the need to feel welcomed in TWP. That extends more than just a “welcome!” when a new nation arrives on the discord server. Especially with a huge influx of newcomers, should you become Speaker, how would you make people feel welcomed and at home in TWP before plunging them into the deep end with lore and history, while maintaining a sense of order and discipline, which may seem harsh to some newcomers?

Also, can you further elaborate on how exactly you will get people aware of and motivated for regional commendations? 

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, the Citizens of Hong Kong said:

Hi Zoran! I am excited to see two very qualified individuals running for Speaker! I am currently wavering and undecided between you two.

As a very new nation, I understand the need to feel welcomed in TWP. That extends more than just a “welcome!” when a new nation arrives on the discord server. Especially with a huge influx of newcomers, should you become Speaker, how would you make people feel welcomed and at home in TWP before plunging them into the deep end with lore and history, while maintaining a sense of order and discipline, which may seem harsh to some newcomers?

Also, can you further elaborate on how exactly you will get people aware of and motivated for regional commendations? 

Thank you!

Great question! Feeling welcomed is always an important thing when it comes to new members. It would not be my sole responsibility as Speaker to make someone feel welcomed, that would be a group responsibility by our community in which I would do my part in. But where I come in to help them get familiarized and motivated to participate in regional commendations would be when they are admitted into the HoN. I would make posts about discussions and invite others to join in them and help participate. I also plan on creating a New Members Guide of sorts that tells them what being a member of the HoN is all about and what they can participate in as a member and so on. It is also important in getting them aware that being a citizen is more than just a way to get on the map in TWP RP but that they are actually part of the government of TWP on a basic level by contributing to discussions and by contributing to them you show that you are willing to get involved in the community and shows that you will do the work to show your merit in our meritocracy. Plus it is a way to learn about our community in a more active manner and that one day the new member could be someone who is being commended one day if they take the first steps in getting involved in the community. Regional guides can also play a role in this by being supportive of new members who join the discussions and encourage them to try new things like the HoN discussions. That is my plan for now but it could change as time goes on, I like to be flexible with my plans so it can be adjusted as things come up.

6 minutes ago, novasamita said:

What do you intend to do as Speaker? What are your goals you want to achieve once you become Speaker?

23 hours ago, Zoran said:

But while this may be true, if I am elected speaker I wish to try and get a higher participation in creating commendations from the newer population as I have seen that while my running mate has revived the HoN, I wish to increase the participation and get the newer members aware that they can participate in creating regional commendations so that they too can learn the history of TWP and its members. Along with this I wish to organize a deep dive into the history of TWP and to commend even more historically important members so that we can recognize their contributions to what makes this community great today.

The above quote from my speech are my goals should I become speaker :)

can give you give details on what actions you will take to create a drive to the hall.

38 minutes ago, TUMS said:

can give you give details on what actions you will take to create a drive to the hall.

Similar question to one I answered before bust a good question none-the-less!

I would make posts about discussions in the HoN discord channel and invite others to join in them and encourage others to contribute to the discussion. I also plan on creating a New Members Guide of sorts that tells them what being a member of the HoN is all about and what they can participate in as a member and so on. It is also important in getting them aware that being a citizen is more than just a way to get on the map in TWP RP but that they are actually part of the government of TWP on a basic level by contributing to discussions and by contributing to them you show that you are willing to get involved in the community and shows that you will do the work to show your merit in our meritocracy. Plus it is a way to learn about our community in a more active manner and that one day the new member could be someone who is being commended one day if they take the first steps in getting involved in the community. Other members of the community can also play a role in this by being supportive of new members who join the discussions and encourage them to try new things like the HoN discussions. That is my plan for now but it could change as time goes on, I like to be flexible with my plans so it can be adjusted as things come up.

This is just a little statement from me that doesn't answer any question.

Gio has been a good Speaker from what I have seen in the HoN going back to the past three months. He has accomplished much and should he be reelected I know we would see a lot of change as well. While I do not discredit my own campaign, I would like everyone to know that whoever earns the position has earned it based on merit. I have learned quickly and though some of my knowledge my be flawed but should I become speaker I hope to use the opportunity to learn about TWP history(and I would learn about TWP history regardless if I lost). But I accepted the nomination not only because I feel that I would be a good fit but that I hoped to be a worthy opponent for Gio. Regardless who wins I give my best to my opponent and say may the most qualified man win.