TUMS

TUMS for Deputy Minister of WA and Recruitment

The Unified Missourtama States for Deputy Minister of World Assembly and Recruitment

Hey, Beautiful Citizens of the West!

I am asking for your vote.

I, the Unified Missourtama States, am running for the office of Deputy Minister of WA and Recruitment. 

let's go over the responsibilities of the Ministry of WA and Recruitment, according to both the Manners of Governance and @Bran Astor:

~"The Ministry of World Assembly and Recruitment (MoWAR) is mandated with representing The West Pacific in the World Assembly and to encourage nations to become citizens of the region." This is something that I have frontline experience with, I was part of the old Ministry of Recruitment and am still helping new nations as a Regional Guide. In improvement of our recruitment I believe we are currently doing well thanks in part to the current work done by @Aelitia in the Masses dispatch, I will absolutely continue that.

~"WA/R will be tasked with crafting NS GA repeals and SC commend/condemnations for our folks." Great! Now as you might know (or if you do a simple API search), I am one of only two people in The West Pacific that has authored a WA resolution(SC#302)(with @Teralyon as my wonderful co-author), the other WA author being @Kawaii. It doesn't have to be this way though! We are a great region, and we can do great things, with my firsthand experience in the WA I can bring new authors into the region. Unfortunately WA is not a strength of this region, we can change that together with the correct expertise and some willing authors. Current examples of success in the field of WA authorship include University of The West Pacific, where every student drafts a WA proposal, I would love to grow upon that and make lifelong authors. My main goal in growing our influence in the chambers is to set up supporting systems for those new authors, such as additional clinics, mentors, and liaisons.

Experience and Qualifications:

University of The West Pacific Graduate 

Regional Guide

Author of SC#302

Thank you to @de la Fuentana for nominating me!

Vote for TUMS!

Please ask any questions you may have in a response to this topic thread.

8 minutes ago, de la Fuentana said:

Excited for your candidacy! Are there any particular areas that you're thinking of pursuing a repeal? 

I am working on a repeal of GA#481 (Data Protection Accord), however my main concern in the realm of WA is creating new authors, it's not very efficient to have only one person in the entire region writing proposals,  I want to give everyone the tools to be an author that can (and will) change  the world! As mentioned we have a bare framework for this here on the forums and in UTWP, however I want to grow those, with help from passed authors such as myself and others to support the goals of this region.

15 hours ago, TUMS said:

I am working on a repeal of GA#481 (Data Protection Accord), however my main concern in the realm of WA is creating new authors, it's not very efficient to have only one person in the entire region writing proposals,  I want to give everyone the tools to be an author that can (and will) change  the world! As mentioned we have a bare framework for this here on the forums and in UTWP, however I want to grow those, with help from passed authors such as myself and others to support the goals of this region.

So you took the path to teach people how to write texts correctly in TWP, I would join that, with the members that we have, it is not fair that so few people have written for WA.

(I don't know if this belongs to WAR ministry) Will you also do something about creating issues?, because I have seen a few topics, but in the end it did not lead to anything.

56 minutes ago, Hiems said:

So you took the path to teach people how to write texts correctly in TWP, I would join that, with the members that we have, it is not fair that so few people have written for WA.

Yes, my goal is to make any willing nation a WA author.

56 minutes ago, Hiems said:

(I don't know if this belongs to WAR ministry) Will you also do something about creating issues?, because I have seen a few topics, but in the end it did not lead to anything.

Issue writing is not in the realm of WA or Recruitment and as such I do not have experience in it or goals for the ministry relating to issue authoring. Issues affect individual nations and are not regulated by regional ideals, especially in a region such as the West.

A great campaign! I definitely think you have the experience to become DMoWAR.

I have a question, though. You said that to support people willing to become WA authors, you would set clinics, mentors and liaisons. However, you also said you're one of only two WA authors in TWP, along with Kawaii. How will you deal with the shortage of TWPers who effectively succeeded on passing a resolution, if they are the ideal people to mentor new members into writing a proposal?

50 minutes ago, Giovanniland said:

A great campaign! I definitely think you have the experience to become DMoWAR.

I have a question, though. You said that to support people willing to become WA authors, you would set clinics, mentors and liaisons. However, you also said you're one of only two WA authors in TWP, along with Kawaii. How will you deal with the shortage of TWPers who effectively succeeded on passing a resolution, if they are the ideal people to mentor new members into writing a proposal?

Thank you very much. We certainly have a problem with a shortage of experienced authors, let me lay out my ideas for you.

This is a real problem, even more accentuated when we realize we have no General Assembly authors, only Security Council.

On the Security Council side of things this easy, as we do have some people with experience and success, if we each enable two (or more) people to write SC resolutions, then we can recruit them to teach, it will be a slow start, but through the power of exponential growth we will soon have large numbers of people with experience in the Security Council. Basically we create a pyramid scheme, although in this case there is nothing to cause a collapse.

pyramid.jpg.58355ebc99258f8b41df63a086d89521.jpg

In the General Assembly, unfortunately this region has very little practical experience or knowledge. So what do we do? Well, it's never too late to start, and there are plenty of resources from other regions, I suggest that for the GA we attempt and write a proposal as a region, learning together, not only giving older players GA knowledge, but also getting newer players excited about the WA!

In conclusion, pyramid scheme till everyone is an author. Vote TUMS!

17 hours ago, TUMS said:

In the General Assembly, unfortunately this region has very little practical experience or knowledge. So what do we do? Well, it's never too late to start, and there are plenty of resources from other regions, I suggest that for the GA we attempt and write a proposal as a region, learning together, not only giving older players GA knowledge, but also getting newer players excited about the WA!

I assume you meant repeals here, considering TWP's culture of opposing GA resolutions.

How will you explain the reasons why TWP oppose GA resolutions to a newcomer?

If you see a newcomer or any other member of the hall who is interested in becoming a GA author by writing a new GA proposal rather than a repeal, would you be willing to extend your help to those players despite TWP's stand against the GA?

4 hours ago, Lollerland said:

I assume you meant repeals here, considering TWP's culture of opposing GA resolutions.

yes.

How will you explain the reasons why TWP oppose GA resolutions to a newcomer?

The General Assembly infringes on the sovereignty of individual nations to make choices that are best for themselves by creating international legislature. In a more game play sense, each GA resolution comes with its own set of stat changes (just like issues), that means that the General Assembly can remove your shiny world census stat badges!

If you see a newcomer or any other member of the hall who is interested in becoming a GA author by writing a new GA proposal rather than a repeal, would you be willing to extend your help to those players despite TWP's stand against the GA?

I am going to take the same stance as Bran, I definitely want to encourage WA authorship, however as said the GA, is our less favorite part, for this reason just as Bran, I would abstain from voting on the resolution of a committed Western author. 

I’m incredibly happy to become Deputy Minister of WA Recruitment and work towards our goal of creating more authors and getting new players active, I hope to see @Saransh join us in our goals and help develop our WA program, I’d like to thank @de la Fuentana for nominating me, and I look forward to (continuing) to work under @Big Bad Badger.