Can I quote you

Av Libertas Vindex

Share your favorite quotes. Anything from philosophical quotes, that made you contemplate the meaning of life, to Yogi-isms. Here's one of my favorites. Although it's controversial as to if he actually said it

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

— Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

""When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

— Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2"

~LoOhNo

My personal favourite quote is the one i have in my signature and comes from the Stormlight Archive series of books written by Brandon Sanderson.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

-The First Ideal of the Immortal words of the Knights Radiant

Spoiler

The First Ideal

Life before death - The Radiant seeks to defend life, always. He never kills unnecessarily, and never risks his own life for frivolous reasons. Living is harder than dying. The Radiant's duty is to live.

Strength before weakness - Everyone is weak at some time in their lives. The Radiant protects those who are weak, and uses his strength for others. Strength does not make one capable of rule; it makes one capable of service.

Journey before destination - There are always several ways to achieve a goal. Failure is preferable to winning through unjust means. Protecting ten innocents is not worth killing one. In the end, everyone dies. How you lived will be far more important to the Almighty than what you accomplished.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...