TWP College Football [OOC]

48 minutes ago, Fujai said:

As we're working on rosters—is the WPCAA co-ed or is there still gender separation in sports?

That wasn't something that came up in our planning sessions, but I'm going to point towards WPBR as precedent. That event, while typically male-only IRL, is co-ed without penalty or modifiers regarding gender in TWP RP.  Each nation participating in the WPCAA Football tournament is free to set team rosters as they see fit.

1 hour ago, Bran Astor said:

That wasn't something that came up in our planning sessions, but I'm going to point towards WPBR as precedent. That event, while typically male-only IRL, is co-ed without penalty or modifiers regarding gender in TWP RP.  Each nation participating in the WPCAA Football tournament is free to set team rosters as they see fit.

Bran is right. Not all nations on NS even have human citizens. If Wyvern wanted to have a dragon on one of his football teams, that would be totally acceptable, so there's no reason that gender should matter at all. You're free to have players of any gender in any combination, whether that is a more 'realistic' all male line-up, a co-ed team, or something else.

2123126535_WPCAA_flag-small.png.52b893a28399fbf45e1cf6e8ad5e4f14.png

The first gameday's results have been posted. From here on out I will be doing my best to move things along at a pretty regular pace: I'm hoping to have results every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday evening. This way the end of the season will coincide with the last day of June and any postseason play will happen in July. For the postseason schedule I'll try to base it off feedback I get from you guys during the season so that it can be tailored to whoever is playing in it. That's also true for the regular season: the schedule is subject to change if anything comes up for me, but if you guys would rather have it paced slower or faster, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Any long term changes will be announced here. If I'm going to miss just a single cutoff, I'll try to put something in the #sports channel on our RP server.

As always, feel free to ask any questions or comments here in the OOC thread.

Good luck!

Just a note to people: I'll be camping this week, so the schedule may vary with no warning. I may post results later, or even earlier than normal if I think I won't get a chance otherwise. If I don't have any chance to at all, I'll do a couple days at once to catch up once I'm back.

On a different note, post RP's, people! No one has to, but it's half the fun. Plus, if you pay attention, you'll see that those who have posted are already doing better on average than those who haven't.

Another announcement on behalf of the WPCAA: looking ahead to the post-season, the first annual Dragon Bowl will be held on an invitational basis. Rather than just accept the highest ranked teams from each conference, invitations will be extended to participants who have recommended themselves through their rps over the course of the season. (Of course, there may be some correlation.) This way we will be able to select teams based on the user behind them and on OOC engagement, avoiding situations where the teams in the post-season represent the same nation or where people who were less interested in the first place take spots from those who were more excited about the event. If we continue to have a lack of rp, I will assume unless you guys tell me otherwise that there is also a lack of interest in having a post-season.

So, tl;dr: if you want to win the dragon bowl, participate in the season!

Just gonna make another announcement: in an effort to keep June as our football month, and because I may be away part of next week, I will double up match-days on Thursday and Sunday, thereby bringing the season to a close on Sunday. If we do have a post-season, which we may not, it would most likely be after a break so I can attend yet another a wedding on the seventh.

Rather than have a break before the post-season, we are going to head into it full-on. Here's how it's going to go down:

The highest ranked team of each user who rped over the course of the regular season is invited to the post-season. To round out the numbers, non-rping conference winners are also invited. That means the teams in the post-season are, seeded by regular season record:

1. @Fujai's Universitet i Keiserholde

2. @Podium's AINPSI

3. @ete74's Eranshia Parliamentary University

4. Reçueçn's Universität Zimmerich

5. @Aelitia's Basric National University

6. @Arnic's Orca County Tech

7. @HankTheTank87's University of Ozorus

8. @Big Bad Badger's Badgerroot State

I realize some of these users are away currently, but I'm not worried about it.

SCHEDULE

Tomorrow night I will scorinate the quarter finals.

game A: 1v8

game B: 2v7

game C: 3v6

game D: 4v5

Tuesday morning I will scorinate the semi-finals.

game i: winner of A vs. winner of D

game ii: winner of B vs. winner of C.

The final will be scorinated Tuesday night.

OTHER NOTES

All bonuses are being reset for the post-season. Only the bonus for a posted roster will carry over. (You can still post a roster if you haven't yet!) Rp's will be graded generously, and bonuses will be cumulative and non-degrading from this point on. 

I realize this is very short notice. I'm very sorry about that; I will be away starting on Wednesday so I wanted to just fit this in and finish things up.

I don't think I have any other announcements, but as always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread, dm, or telegram me.

Congratulations again to our regular season winners!

• Reçueçn unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 6 months later...

The Marble Mallorcan football team would like to join the tournament with a 4-4-2 strategy with the following member:

Goalkeeper: Snowy Allob

Defense: Smoggy Zera- Hazzy Zera- Mallard Neds- Starry Calme

Middlefielders: Prim Amary- Speedy Aderag (Captain)- Rapidly Aderag- Clutter Sofs

Attackers: Orangin Gerar- Bolt Obret

(If more specific positions are needed, you are free to attribute them to whatever member)

And yes, they are all marbles