Knight Interior: Sir Cadmus Saxton 

Knight Cultural: Calvin Coolidge

Chief Bard: Lord Detritus Saxton

Chief Recruiter: Sir Bert

Region | | Forum | | Twitter

304, 520 forum posts | | 559 Nations

The Return of a Monarch

kingarthur.jpg

On the 18th of May, 2015 Sir Christopher Bishop addressed the region and with it he renounced himself from the throne, returning reign to Charles Cerebella.

CHRISTOPHER BISHOP  

I am abdicating due to my need to focus on my studies. It has been a pleasure serving Albion as King for the last few months. A lot of things happened that helped define Albion by standing on its own. I am glad to see that the culture is thriving more than ever. I am abdicating as King in favor or Charles Cerebella. Obviously, he has a large part in creating what Albion is today and will do a great job as King again.

Shortly thereafter, His Majesty addressed the realm.

CHARLES CEREBELLA  

With the signing of the Abdication Amendment, once again I sit in this position as King of this amazing region. I can't describe what an honour it is to be able serve Albion in this capacity nor properly convey my thanks to Chris, both for his stewardship of the region and for trusting me once more to take the helm. I hope that I can do him and the region justice.

The region has taken big strides since I last occupied the throne. Embarking on a new course of forging our own path. I'm excited by the opportunities this offers us in making a distinctive mark on Nationstates. We've further seen a realisation of our unique nature as a region and continually we see the emergence of a new generation of players who have already, in a very short time, left a massive mark on the region. People such as Moly, Myst and Calvin have come through and are already pillars of our community.

With my assumption of the Crown it is necessary to put together the team that will be helping me on all the tasks ahead of us.

First off, it is my unbelievable pleasure and honour to make 
MagentaFairy
 Crown Princess and my Heir Apparent. She is the Mother of this region, she has uniquely been involved since day one unlike anyone else here. She's sat on the GC from its very first day and led Shalefields from the beginning. I've said time and time again that Albion owes an unbelievable amount to Fairy to have made it the wonderful place it is. We would not be half the region without her input over the years and I'm very happy that she has agreed to assist me as my Crown Princess. She is further fully delegated all my powers. Anything I can do as King, Fairy is also empowered to do as Crown Princess.

To stick with the royal family, 
Joshua IX
 shall be continuing as Prince and I look forward to his further contributions to cabinet and other discussions. In addition, 
Cassius
 is hereby made a Prince also and shall receive admin powers. Ever since he has joined, Cass has been a massive help to me and the region first as Chief Knight, then Knight Foreign and more recently as Arch-Mage. I look forward to his further contributions in this new role.

Replacing Cass as Arch-Mage shall be 
Moly.
 Still one of our newest members in the sense of time spent in the region, he is already an old hand in terms of his experience and his impact in the region. He offers a fresh perspective, a massive amount of energy, new ideas and already a wealth of knowledge about Albion. The Arch-Mage is an important position as one of the most senior and plays a big role in helping set the tone of the region more generally beyond its specific powers. I'm certain Moly will excel in this role and will be enabled to continue to help the region at the highest level even beyond his time as Chief Knight.

I'm very pleased to announce that 
Olivia
 has agreed to continue on as Knight Foreign. I have been incredibly impressed with the impact she has had in that role so far, by her professionalism, knowledge and diplomatic behaviour. It is crazy for me to think that she is still such a relatively new member and already she has the kind of grasp on NS foreign affairs that I only got after about three years or more! As we embark on our new direction in foreign affairs, there is no one I'd rather have in this position than her and I look forward to working with her more closely in the coming weeks and months.

Replacing Fairy as Lady High Constable shall be 
Fleur de Mal.
 Fleur is one of our most experienced commanders both planning raids and as point and has had extensive experience on the command staff. I'm certain she'll be able to whip the RAL into shape and get the best out of it. Furthermore, she is an immensely experienced Knight of the Round Table. I have no idea how many times, in how many roles and under how many Chief Knights she has served on it, but I know it is a hell of a lot. Her contributions are always of a very high standard and I know that she will have a very big and constructive impact not just on her own portfolio but far beyond as well.

Filling the vacant role of Sheriff of Bowerstone shall be 
Christopher Bishop.
 I'm very pleased that he has agreed to continue on in a substantive role and helping the region. Aside from his monstrous amount of military experience, Chris is also well versed in NS intelligence as well and I'm sure he'll do an excellent job in charge of the Royal Intelligence Organisation.

Finally, I'm happy to announce that 
Seven Deaths
 will be staying an admin under the title of Royal Architect. I don't need to go into the kind of impact he's had on the region during his time. I hope he'll enjoy his well earned, and much needed break, and when he returns I'm looking forward to working closely with him once again. 

I'm relieved to say that that is the end of the rather extensive list of appointments! I'm honoured to be able to work with such an outstanding bunch of people. To be able to put together a team as strong as that, while leaving out so many people who are potentially deserving and who could excel as well given the chance, shows the amazing strength of depth we have and our sheer potential as a region. I look forward to what the future holds, both for me and the region.

Long live Albion!

A politician with a bad back... 

needs lots of support.

ppolitics1.png

No Lower Council elections this time …..oh who am I kidding, of course there were! For this term Albion sees Moly Calidan, Decimus Aemilianus, Calvin Coolidge, Dame Corinne and Charles Cerebella. Wasting little time the Lower Council not only dusted off the old tombs for review, but proceeded to establish a new Act to bring more into Albion’s IC forum “Albion of Today.” The aim of this Act is to introduce some political role play into the community. 

Naturally, the Round Table elections also went underway. This term, Albion sees Sir Moly as Chief Knight, Lord Detritus as Chief Bard and Lady Fleur as Knight Interior. Her table has also been met with several new faces; Calvin Coolidge as Knight Cultural and last, but certainly not least, Bert as Chief Recruiter.

Can You Diglett? 

(Heh… heh…)

pokemon1.jpg

Pokémon continues to sweep the region, Pokemon is practically everywhere and has only grown since our last update. Not only can you hatch and evolve your very own Pokemon through post count, but you may also participate in a monthly Pokemon Capture event which involves participating in a variety of Albion activities.

The Galactic Republic Role Play is thriving, despite its distance from the earthbound realm of Albion, but a War on Terror is stirring that will shake the foundations of everyone involved...

The Demi-Gods roaming the world in Gods Among Men still dominate and have now embarked on Quest 9; A Dreamers Solace.

A soldier is someone who stands in formation... 

to receive information.

tinythor.jpg

It’s a new era for the Royal Albion Legion; since our last update Albion has left the United Imperial Armed Forces and struck out on our own! Being the largest contributing region to the late Imperialist organization Albion is looking forward to a new era of military activity. 

We have seen a number of quick successes in the short time on our own, forming a majority of reinforcements assisting the Black Hawks in the South Pacific in late March. And our first solo hold in the region of the Union in mid April, and assisting our friends in The North Pacific just a few weeks ago. Furthermore, our updaters managed to take a number of regions in quick succession on the minor of April 26th under the lead of Earl Marshal Edward Leben including: Zen, Terra Nova, Tyler Oconnor is a scrub, The Obsidian Order, and The Assembly of Korea. 

With the long-serving Lady High Constable MagentaFairy stepping down and Lady Fleur de Mal rising to the position of Lady High Constable, Albion is set to face a new dawn. Fleur de Mal’s long service within the RAL and with her experience as commander in both field and at home. We are confident that she will take the RAL in an exciting new direction in line with our larger gameplay goals.

What do hedgehogs eat for breakfast? 

Prickled eggs.

hedgehog.jpg

Albion breaks 300,000 posts!

A string of adoptions over the past month or so has lead to the Houses of Albion to grow exponentially. 

Fleur de Mal and Lynneiah Lucina have wed, causing much celebration in the realm! 

Several nobles were outraged earlier this week as the Fox, that most devious of vulpine, ran past Fairfax Castle without his fur on. An inquiry into the matter has been approved by the Hall of Investigation. 

Trade Unionists in Silverpine recently staged a small protest against the city's ruling elite, inciting a riot amongst the peoples of the shining city on a hill.

Brightwall, that illustrious rural City-State, has recently opened nominations for it's mayoral elections. Silverpine has initiated a 'radio' program for its citizenry.

A series of gruesome murders has occurred in the Cow and Corset Tavern, much speculation is being had as no one has actually died… (what?)

Horace Walpolingham, Gentleman Farmer, discovered his bride of 56 years is actually a sprig of Rosemary.

Yours,

Albion

• 1 month later...

albion_smashing_banner.jpg

King: His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Charles Cerebella

Crown Princess: Her Imperial Highness, Lady MagentaFairy

Prince: His Royal Highness, Lord Cassius

Chief Knight: The Fox

Arch-Mage: His Highly Learned Magnificence, Sir Moly Calidan

Knight of War and Lady High Constable: The Warbringer, Lady Fleur de Mal

Knight Foreign: Her Scheming Excellency, Dame Olivia Calidan

Knight Interior: Sir Bert

Knight Cultural: Sir Enahsian Calidan

Chief Bard: Dame Wednesday Cerebella

Region | | Forum | | Twitter

328,589 forum posts | | 449 Nations

Tricycle Riders Dabble in Communism

img1.jpg

Recently on the political front, Albion bustled alive with the Chief Knight elections. This time around five candidates smoothed over their bald spots and furiously attempt to rub away the creases in their doublets; Sir Seth Calidan, Sir Enahsian Calidan, Sir Tyrion Saxton and one of our newest residents, Tulliveo.

As the votes rolled in and the 48hrs flew past, the Round Table congratulatory welcomes The Fox once again to the Chief Knight’s Chair. Joining him this term is Sir Bert as Knight Interior, Sir Enahsian Calidan as Knight Cultural and Dame Wednesday Cerebella as Chief Bard. Congratulations to all!

This time, the Round Table says farewell to the wonderful, yet short lived position of Chief Recruiter. After lengthy discussion and debate, the position was removed and deemed a role that is not for a single person to manage, but a role that should be undertaken by the entire Round Table. As many of you, I'm sure are aware, recruitment is a vital aspect of our flourishing successes and this success is better achieved as a team.

I'll Be Your Player 1...

..if you be my player 2. *wink*

pizap_com14365022527261.jpg

Amongst it's old faithfuls, Albion now has two new Role Plays for citizens to wet their feet in. The first is called Riptide whereby players take on the role of a crew member upon the SCS Riptide, a 70 year old, heavily-converted merchant ship. When you create your character you can choose from three primary cultures; Armiss, Selene and Eldasahr. Armiss and Selene are both a post-human race, and Eldasahr are a race of aliens. Or, alternatively, you may choose to create a human character from one of the colonial worlds along the western frontier of known space. Once decided, you embark on a journey across the vast Three World Federation participating in various missions and adventures such as delivering sensitive cargo, offering your muscle here and there, pursuing bounties and whatever else may come your way. Riptide can be considered a colourful mixture of Firefly and Cowboy Bebop with a sprinkle of Sherlock Holmes, Evangelion and H.P Lovecraft. Be sure to drop by to check it out.

Secondly, Albion sees the (re)introduction of Tribes. A game where you become the patron deity (a god) of a small tribe. Inspired by the game Black and White, as well as many other forms of fantasy role plays, the deities gradually gain power, and flaunt their influence on their people, affecting their very lives. Conquest, growth, death and worship make this RP truly magical. The RP stands out from others as it relies more heavily on the Game Master, rather than lengthy RP posts from the players. It unlocks imagination above all else. Be sure to stop by and check this one out too.

On the more graphical front, Albion was recently overtaken by the urge to take to the skies and 'pwn some n00bs' when Guns of Icarus went on sale on Steam. Born out of a fierce rivalry with the air forces of the Kingdom of Alexandria, numerous citizens of Albion took to the air in their steampunk airships to duel with other budding captains and crews, leading to some epic battles and a few humiliating defeats for the Alexandrians! Do you and/or your region dabble in Guns of Icarus? If so, Albion would love to take to the skies with you too!

But wait, there’s more..

Albion is alive once again with its very own Minecraft server. Yep, that's right, it’s all ours. Albion's forums have long been filled with in depth descriptions and literature that bring to life the world of Albion, and now, citizens have embarked on creating a Minecraft'eque vision of that. The completion of Bowerstone and Fairfax Castle is well under-way, with locations for each City State also being pursued. We have various player envisioned towns, ships, airships, docks, keeps, towers, temples and gardens. Not to mention all done in survival mode too.

How does a soldier catch a wolf?

...He uses his bayin' net

dz_PBLTM.png

No that's not the banner of a new raider group that's the new official flag of the Royal Albion Legion! Designed by our very own Corinne; this flag had a lot of great competition from Albion's designers, but it was this design that won out. Look for it on the battlefield!

The RAL has been deployed to assist in the Raider Unity operation in The Black Riders, this is where angry players occupied the raider stronghold. To coincide with this operation, there has been The Black Hawks' Raidercon with the aim of celebrating raiding and to foster community amongst the R/D crowd. One of the guest panellist speakers was our very own Lady High Constable, Fleur de Mal, speaking about "non-raider regions."

We Put the "Fun" in "Dysfunctional"

...truths, half truths, or blatant lies.... you pick.

updateimage.jpg

The City States of Silverpine and Brightwall have been at war again. This time it's over a "bird."

Council reforms are currently in discussion. Albion may very well end up with one instead of two.

Chief Magistrate, Tyrion Saxton was caught running naked through Bowerstone. Seems he has a bit of an exhibionist streak.

Olivia Calidan is set to embark on a mysterious journey to Shang-Graham-Crackah, the land of ancient Loot Secrets.

The village of Montrose-Upon-Berwyck has recently been destroyed by a great wave of molasses.

Sir John Harquin of Roxbury was charged with murder of the last Spice Lord of Frank.

Public opinions in desperate need of retuning, says Crown Authorities.

Yours,

Albion

It looks like I'll be pulling double ambassador duty here for the time being. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Albion's Gaming Tournament, August 2015

20765267666_7c90cf7901_c.jpg
Click for higher Resolution.

What's this? A Tournament? You heard that right! There's going to be a Tournament for Gaming, and anyone's welcome to join! The schedule is right there, starting on August the 29th and running until and after September the 13th. There will be prizes for certain games, which range from unique Elite:Dangerous skins to Beta Codes for Total War: Arena. Join in! And, check out the details below!

If you're keen to join, add the username 'bert862' on Steam, or add bert.kk.callens on Skype!

I've got no money / no games / my computer is terrible! What can I do?

That's absolutely fine. We've made sure to include games that are free and either downloadable or online (in a web browser).

I want to win! Which games have prizes?

• Civ 5 will have 1 Winner, for whomever achieves a victory first. The Competitive game will be played on Sunday the 6th of September, at 12AM GMT.
  • Guns Of Icarus will have 1 Team Winner, for a random ship on the winning Team. Cooperative play will net bonus points! The Competitive Game will be played on Saturday the 12th of September, at 4PM GMT.
  • Don't Starve will have 1 Winner - Whomever doesn't starve last. ;) The Competitive game will be played on Saturday the 12th of September, at 8PM GMT.
  • League Of Legends will have 3 winners - Teams need to let me know who's with who beforehand, and Competitive dates will be arranged.
  • Dota 2 will have 3 winners - Teams need to let me know who's with who beforehand, and Competitive dates will be arranged.
  • Team Fortress 2 will have 2 winners - those with the most kills at the end of a half an hour. The Competitive Game will be played on Saturday the 12th of September, at 11PM GMT.
  • Go will have 1 Winner. The Competitive Tournament will be paced throughout the entire Tournament - for those who're interested in playing competitively, let me know through Steam or Skype.
  • Cards Against Humanity will have 1 Winner. The Competitive game will be played on Saturday the 29th of August, at 6PM GMT.
  • Elite: Dangerous will meet up on Saturday the 5th of September, at 2PM GMT. Those interested in winning a Unique Cobra Skin should arrive in an Eagle at Sagittarius A* Almad. Be ready for dogfighting! (Haha, not going to make you go to Sag A, not really. ;) )
  • Tiny tanks will have 1 Winner, and the competitive game with be on the 3rd of September, at 9PM GMT.
  • Portal 2 will have 2 Winners, for whomever completes the first level of coop the quickest. Videos can be submitted at any time during the two weeks!
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown will have 1 Winner - The smartest commander. Anyone who'd like to compete, send me a message! The competitive games will be held on Tuesday the 1st, 9PM GMT.
  • Altitude wil have two winners, for the MVP of both teams. The competitive game will be played on
  • Planetary Annihalation will have a single winner, whomever survives the last. The competitive game will be played on Sunday the 13th of September, at 6PM GMT.

Which Games are Free?

Free Games:

• Town Of Salem, which is online!
  • League Of Legends, We'll be using either the EUW Servers. Teams are 3 people.
  • Dota 2, Teams are 3 people.
  • Team Fortress 2, Teams are any number of people.
  • Go, Online! a board game that's found a setting in Euro. Look below for more details!
  • Cards against Humanity, Online.
  • Tiny Tanks, another online game from Euro!
  • Altitude, a personal favourite. Check below for Details!

Game List!

Town Of Salem - Link to Game.

Town of Salem is a browser-based game that challenges players on their ability to convincingly lie as well as detect when other players are lying. The game ranges from 7 to 15 players. These players are randomly divided into alignments - Town, Mafia, Serial Killers, Arsonists and Neutrals. If you are a Town member (the good guys) you must track down the Mafia and other villains before they kill you. The catch? You don't know who is a Town member and who is a villain. If you are an evil role, such as a Serial Killer, you secretly murder town members in the veil of night and try to avoid getting caught.

Civilisation 5 - Civ 5 On Steam!

It's a turn-based strategy game based around building up a selected society into a world power. In the Gaming Tournament, we'll have any number of players and whomever wins first will end the round! Depending on time, we may or may not play longer. For anyone who's into strategy, it's a great game.

Guns Of Icarus - Steam Link!

Being stuck on an airship with a skeleton crew of strangers tasked with keeping it from being blown out of the sky makes Guns of Icarus Online one of the most thrilling multiplayer co-op experiences and also the most aggravating. On deck, everyone has a role to fill: someone has to steer the hulking bird, man its guns, and make repairs when things catch fire and go to hell. If anyone slacks off or performs their duties haphazardly, everyone dies. But despite some glitches and the occasional frustrations of wrangling inconsistent crewmates, there's a certain undeniable satisfaction that comes from surviving an intense battle with your ship held together by duct tape and chicken wire.

In the Tournament, we'll have teams of 4 people per ship (Or less, if you want to risk using the AI!) and we'll balance teams at the time of gaming.

Don't Starve (Together!) - Steam Link!

Don’t Starve Together is the sort of stern instruction that was once delivered by frowning parents to their newly married offspring as they set out to find a partner for life. Or at least, that's what RPS says.

League Of Legends - Website!

Simple, 3 v 3 matches. Make yourself a team, and welcome, Summoner.

Dota 2 - Steam Link!

Dota 2 is simply a team game – a battle to destroy the other side’s ancient bonsai tree thing using a collection of weird and wonderful heroes and their combinations of skills.

It’s resistant to new players, particularly those relatively new to PC gaming. It’s also incredibly time consuming to dig into. You can spend hours on Reddit watching discussions about different item builds unfurl. But if you stick with it you’ll find an incredibly rewarding game accompanied by a hugely creative community (the people who make items and run events, obv – not the fools who instapick Pudge and whine about having no wards despite there being FOUR OF THE DAMN THINGS ON THE MAP THIS VERY MOMENT)." - Taken from RockPaperShotgun.

Age Of Empires 3 & Age Of Mythology - Steam Link for AOE 3 Steam Link for AOM

If you enjoy real time strategy games, enjoy managing an economy, epic large battles, and don't like excessive micromanaging then this is the game for you. It offers brilliant combat with amazing scenery. The unit mapping is rather brilliant and the variety of maps keeps you constantly wanting to play more. We'll be playing with as many people as we can get, in a Free for All on a random map!

Left 4 Dead 2 - Steam Link!

I’d almost forgotten those moments. There’s only three of you still alive, the rescue helicopter is right there, in view, and you can’t move. One companion is pinned to the ground by a frenzied Hunter, another is barely alive, fallen from the path, trying to negotiate a route back, and you – you simply can’t move. There’s so many of the Infected surrounding you, pouring from over fences and climbing from a hole in the ground, swamping you, and no matter how many you kill more take their place. And the rescue boat is just there, you can almost touch it, and you can’t move. - Taken from RPS.

Team Fortress 2 - Webpage! Steam Link!

"Because I am a warrior, from the very beginning, and I have returned.

Kill me and I will only gain the power of your strategy.

Become my nemesis and incur my wrath.

For when you least expect it…

I will slap you to death with a fish and spank myself over your corpse.

That is the way of the warrior."

TF2! Most Gamers should know this - it's a legendary game, with legendary backing. We'll be playing all v all, and may the best team win!

Go! - Online Link!

Go is an old Chinese board game, with simple rules but hard to master. Head over to the site and give it a shot, or ask someone from your region for help if you know others! If not, talk to me on Skype! I've got a few techniques to share.

Cards Against Humanity - Online Link (May not always work)!

Not even going to say what goes on in this game, but be warned - it's not for the faint hearted.

Elite: Dangerous - Steam Link!

I could talk for ages about this game. If you've got it, you'll know about the vastness of it, or what it even is. We'll hopefully meet up in Almad, maybe have a dogfight.

Wargame: Airland Battle - Steam Link!

"1985. After several months of tension between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, an incident in the North Sea suddenly sets the world on fire, starting an all-out war.

Command the entire military resources of the period, and plunge into the heart of a new dynamic campaign! With the arrival of air forces, select from a phenomenal array of 750 units (including tanks, planes, helicopters, and infantry) to build your army. Engage in spectacular battles with unmatched strategic depth, on huge battlefields as large as 150km², powered by a new graphics engine." - Store Page

Tiny Tanks - Link!

Great game, not much to say. Try it!

Portal 2 - Steam Link!

Test subjects are woken from their enforced comas every few years, medical reasons, and so it is that Chell is awoken in a run-down, faded, eroding room by the frantic knocking on the door. It’s Wheatley, one of GLaDOS’s former personality cores, desperate to get your attention. He’s to be your guide, an occasional companion as you explore the derelict remains of the testing facilities, now overgrown with plants.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Steam Link!

It works. It better than works. XCOM is muscular, tense, thoughtful, mutable turn-based strategy with the dramatic, explosive presentation of a contemporary all-action game. Also, the environments get unavoidably trashed on a grand-scale, in a fashion all too rarely seen in either strategy or action games: these are true battlegrounds. No matter how well you do in a mission, you’ll leave a bombsite behind you. Frankly, you’re probably doing more harm than good to the world.

Payday 2 - Steam Link!

"We were outside a jewellery store, on an easy mission plucked from the baffling server browser that I’ll be angry about in a bit. Owen was explaining how the heist would drop: he and Andy would take the back alley, kill the security guards and answer their pagers. I’d be out front with Emily, killing the two cops and taking out any the fleeing pedestrians who might report on us. Then we could grab the loot and escape.

Nothing could go wrong, apart from all the bits that went wrong.

But that’s the point." Taken from RPS!

Altitude - Link! Steam Link!

Planetary Annihilation - Steam Link!

"Colonize solar systems, annihilate home worlds, and exterminate your foes in epic interplanetary battles with multiple players and thousands of units. Planetary Annihilation takes strategy gaming to a never-before-seen scale -- and gives players powerful tools to control the action.

Blow up everything, anywhere; dominate with punishing spacecraft, robots, and other futuristic machines of war. Arm asteroids and send them on planet-destroying collision courses. And take over an entire galaxy in a dynamic single-player mode with procedurally generated content. Don’t just win, annihilate!" - Taken from Steam Store Page.

So don't forget to contact Sir Bert, our Knight Interior (his details are above) should you wish to join the fun.

On behalf of the region, we look forward to seeing you on the gaming field!

Yours,

Albion

• 9 months later...

Citizens, Guests, Buttery Nibblets All,

I wish to announce that a festival starting next week for citizens of Albion as well as our visitors!

Do you like scavenging, forging, and crafting? Do you like building structures and shaping your environment? Do you have a distaste for dirty dirty creepers? Then please join Bert and Freddie and the many citizens on Thursday the 23rd for Albion's latest, greatest, and most sensational undertaking!

148270.gif

(Thank you Evanei for making this image) :flail:

Schedule:

Day 1 (23rd, Thursday): Welcome Day! We're going to focus on just making sure inter-regional guests have made it into the region, greet everybody, have some interaction threads, etc.

Day 2 (24th): THE COMPETITION BEGINS! Day 1 will be the Crafting Competition! People will log on to our server during a set period of time and whoever can create the most different items will win! This one will be set in Survival Mode so you have to actually go get materials and find stuff. At the end of the time, or when you need to log off, please deposit all of your items in a chest or as many chests as you need with your name next to it and provide Bert with the coordinates.

Day 3 (25th): THE HUNGER GAMES! Bert will have a preloaded arena map on the server filled with weapons! IT SHALL BE THE ULTIMATE BLOODSPORT. As in the actual Hunger Games, the last man standing will win! This will be in Adventure Mode.

Day 3 (26th): Mini Games! Bert has a collection of mini-game competitions to inflict...um, experiment with...uh, challenge our competitors with! :evilgrin: :;;:

Day 4 (27th): Mob Kills! During a set period of time, the person with the most mob kills will win! We will have a kill counter incorporated into the map. This will be Survival mode so you will need to craft/make your own weapons and whatnot.

Day 5 (28th): Structures! Can you build the grandest, most creative structure in all Albion? This day will be in Creative mode so that people can really get out and shine! Also, all structures should be medieval or fantasy themed to match the region.

Day 6: (29th) Closing and Awards! Can you become

Competitions will start at 4 pm EST/9pm GMT each day as Bert and Freddie decided that was the most fair for our users in both the US and Europe. Events will be graded on points: 20 for 1st, 15 for 2nd, 10 for 3rd, and 5 for participating. There will be event ribbons as well as a grand champion set! Each event will also have a bonus ribbon that will be announced that day as a surprise :;;: :;;: :;;:

In addition to spam and general interaction, we have a creative writing opportunity. Freddie wants each competition to be framed by a Newscaster group! If you like writing, satire or just general creative writing, please sign up to be a journalist for the Freddie. We can have multiple and journalists can work together or do independent editorials. I'm looking forward to this part the best :;;:

So please come join us at the Minecraft Tournament Festival!

Below is Freddie's face :flail:

tumblr_nug86v4Lua1sd1xkuo1_500_zpsmohdyh

The Server I.P. is 84.30.185.196, and it will be officially up on Wednesday 10PM GMT.

• 1 month later...

wa29lj.jpg

[The Return of the Departure of the King by Seven Deaths]

The sound of her footsteps bounced to and fro off the stone castle walls as she made her way to the tallest tower of Fairfax Castle. The Queen’s heart raced with something that was a mixture of excitement and worry. For as long as anyone can remember the tower in questions, colloquially known as the King’s Respite, had been off-limits to everyone save the King himself. Not even the castle staff were allowed up there to clean for fear they’d mess with the ‘magic of the room’ as King Charles had put it. When he disappeared and Christopher was King for a short time, the room had locked itself from within, impervious to many a mage’s attempts to gain entry, which gave rise to the rumor that Charles had locked himself within for some unknown reason.

All these thoughts swirled in Clarissa’s head as she ascended the stairs at a run, pulling up on her dress so as not to trip herself, for if Charles was summoning her now, to this room, there had to be some reason.

She feared the worst.

Finally, the door was before her and it appeared so...ordinary. Made of some rough cut wood from the forests that lay nearby, the door held none of the sophistication that should have marked a room of such import. There was no ornate carvings, no gloss or gleam, it hadn’t even been sanded down. She felt as if she could get a splinter just looking at it. This was a peasant’s door. She took a deep breath and knocked loudly.

“Come in.” Her hand found the handle of the door easily enough, but her heart stopped beating temporarily, as she pushed the door open, not sure what to expect. What she found wasn’t what she expected. It was small, much too small to be the fabled King’s Respite. One of the most widely spread rumors was that when SD was Arch-Mage, he mixed magic with Time Lord science to expand the room, making it larger on the inside. Some even said that the tower held an entire universe inside. This couldn’t be further from the truth.

Every inch of wall space was covered with shelving and those shelvings were crammed full with books. Old and new, large and small, some written in other languages, some in their native tongue, but it seemed improbable that one person could own this many books. Charles sat in the middle of the literary chaos at a desk that looked ready to fall apart, pouring over books. Pages upon pages of notes, scribbled in his hasty scrawl lay strewn everywhere in what Clarissa could only assume constituted an organized chaos. He looked up from his notetaking and spoke.

“Clarissa.” He said formally, before smiling. The smile softened his face, removed the King from him and replaced it with friend; father. Charles was never a malevolent ruler, but he could be stern when he needed to be and sometimes his face wore it like a hat, no where else to put it, but easily tossed aside. “Claire.” He stood from the desk and came around the side, careful not to knock over any book or loose parchment, and embraced her. “I’m glad you’re here. How was the honeymoon?”

“It was beautiful, thank you. Currently, we’re arguing about whether to make our summer home at Shalefields or Arcadia.”

“Ahh, the squabbles of newlyweds. When I married your fathers, we had twice as many homes to choose from and it was a nightmare to sort out. Consider yourself lucky you only have one husband.” He smiled and gestured for her to follow him. There was a break in the wall that led to a small balcony that overlooked the whole of Bowerstone. From their vantage point, you could see the cogs turning down below as merchants sold their goods, townsfolk ate and laughed and worked, cats chased rats down alleys, dogs begged for scraps at the butchers, everything in Bowerstone had it’s place and kept the wheel moving.

“Father?” Clarissa has a tone of worry in her voice that was hard to hide. “Why did you summon me up here? Especially now, after all this time?”

“I didn’t summon you, my dear. I invited you as my equal. I’m leaving.”

“Leaving?” Her tone suggested the incredulousness of his declaration.

“Do you know why I decided to build Fairfax Castle on this hill?”

Clarissa thought about this for a moment. “Because the hill gave us a better advantage against any who might try to take the castle.”

Charles chuckled. “No, child. It was a long time ago when our small party landed on the shores of Albion, but to me it seems like yesterday. We crested the hill this castle was built on and I looked across at all the open land and do you know what I saw? I didn’t see the planes or the marshes that used to be there. I saw this.”

He gestured out at the city now, bustling away unaware that their King was looking down on them, smiling gleefully. “I saw the potential and the future that we could have and though I am King, most of the credit isn’t mine and nor is it yours. It’s theirs.” Once more, he gestured to the city. “Albion has been lucky to have the best of souls leading her, but we are nothing without the folk down there. That’s why the King’s Respite is so ordinary. It keeps me grounded in reality and after I am gone, I’d like you to keep that in mind as you redecorate.”

“But you haven’t said why you’re leaving…”

“We all have a destiny, out there waiting for us, but if we sit cooped up in our tall towers all day, it’ll never find us. I love Albion. I cherish her, the people I’ve met and all the memories it’s given me. I’ll hold all of it in my heart for the rest of my life, but I have another love filling my heart. History. I intend to delve into the scholarly arts, but I can’t do that with a Kingdom to run, so I’m leaving my Kingdom with the person I trust most in this world. You.”

“So, just like that, you’re leaving us so you can study history?” She seemed more hurt than angry, but her tone just didn’t come out right.

“There’s more to life than this. Staying tethered here… I’m standing still when I should be running towards the future with nothing more than my books and the knowledge that everything I’ve built behind me is safe. You’ll do that for me, won’t you? You’ll keep Albion safe for me while I’m gone?”

Clarissa broke slightly, a tear forming in her eye and running down her cheek. “Of course, father.” She smiled and turned to look at the city. The shops were closing and people were beginning to turn in for the night as the setting sun signaled the end to another day. They were her people now. Not to rule over, but to protect and inspire for years to come. “How do I know if I’m ready to lead alone?” Silence met her words so she turned and was faced only with an empty room. The rickety old desk, the walls of books, all of it was gone. The only thing that remained in the entire tower was a piece of parchment paper. She picked it up and written on it was a single word in her father’s heavy scrawl.

“Faith.”

It is with heavy heart that I make this official. Our beloved King Charles Cerebella has decided not to return to NationStates and Albion. Originally he went on a leave to complete his PhD, however now he feels that he shouldn't and can't return. He wants everyone to know that he says hello and thinks about us all. Any announcement of mine wouldn't be complete without a little emotional rollercoaster. Charles Cerebella has been one of my closest friends, greatest mentor and dedicated teachers. He was patient and kind. A true leader who inspired people to discover their strengths and work around their weaknesses. The loyalty and love he felt for Albion has always been genuine. Working tirelessly, he ensured we survived and thrived.

With his leaving, I become the sole monarch of Albion. Of course I still have the wonderful support from you all, so I'm not alone in taking care of the region. I've always adored this region and the people in it. I'd like to give a big thank you to SD for writing the wonderful and emotional story. I still tear up reading it. The word 'faith' has a whole new meaning to it.

As we mourn his leaving, remember and celebrate his hard work. Let's make Albion thrive, just like Cere did for us.

signature.png

• 4 weeks later...

]33l0ck8.jpg

A Personal Notice from the Knight Foreign

~~::~~

Greetings friends, allies, partners, and acquaintances of Albion,

I know it has been about a month since I was appointed my role, but I believe a proper and formal introduction is finally needed, and to relay you some important information on the road ahead. My name is Sir Cadmus Delphi Areleous Saxton, current Knight Foreign (KF) of Albion, but these titles don't really matter much so you can call me Cadmus or Caddy. Before I became KF I was Esquire (Deputy) under my predecessor, the lovely Olivia. Due to various RL reasons and general busyness she had no choice but to give the reins to another, and I was the best choice she had in mind. Without her though, we would not have such renewed vigor in our foreign relations, Olivia having been integral in securing some of our most important alliances and being apart of the most intriguing new directions in our foreign policy as to date. Her efforts have been honoured greatly by the Crown and I hope to achieve the same amount of fortitude in foreign affairs as my predecessors before me.

That being said, it is important I need to highlight you these very important happenings in my department and what you can expect from us in our embassies moving forward. It has been informed to me sometime ago that our last official update was created January 2016; it has been eight months since the last update. To me, that is unacceptable and I formally apologize to all our embassies for our oversight on this matter. Technically, our little event invites would count as an update of sorts, but it is not our usual official updates that we have compiled together.

Of course, no one is truly at fault here. Olivia had been fairly busy with RL business as mentioned previously and as you know unfortunately RL must come first. On top of that, the assent to my position was around the exact time when summer was beginning to die down and people had to return to regular school/work/etc hours, and so I had limited help in my department myself. I had to release a few inactive/unwilling FA staff from my office which made my staff numbers far less than it was before, with more and more embassies becoming devoid of emissaries to fill them, and so the dominoes began to fall where they may...

ylYWF8Z.gif

(and now for your scheduled cat gif break)

This epiphany finally happened when recently one of our embassies was to be closed due to said inactivity, and coming from a region who had not seen an emissary from us in a very long time, even before I was appointed to be Esquire. I realised this problem had to be rectified immediately; I made way too many promises when I entered into this role as KF and I am not willing to break them now so easily. I personally thank Olivia, 7-5 (my new Esquire), Moly, Chief Knight Bert, Edward Leben, H_I, Christopher Bishop, Seven Deaths, Stefan, and even our own Queen MagentaFairy for stepping up and helping me out as FA staff, although even all their help is still not enough and there are still plenty of empty embassies while I have taken the bulk of the embassy load at the same time.

Granted the lack of emissaries is not all that needs to be rectified, that is all in due time. There are still many hiccups during my first month as KF, and there is still the matter of our latest official update, which will be coming very, very soon. it will be a hefty one, but will not be so stuffed that it becomes unnecessarily lengthy, and will be covering at least four months worth of missed Albion content. However, after this last update there will be some renewed changes to the way our content gets delivered.

With the support of the Crown, I will be reforming our updates; no more will there be such lengthy updates like these. Under my purview the next updates in the future will appear more often but with less content. They will still at least contain the same quality you expect of all our updates, but there will just be less to see, but you'll be hearing more from us if this proves successful. Of course there will be some hiccups going forward, and I cannot expect that RL won't surprise me with a few struggles of my own, but we will find a way; Albion ALWAYS finds its way. From all of us in Albion, we thank you for hosting us and our embassy.

As Knight Foreign of Albion, I personally thank you for reading this.

~~::~~

In regards,

2j0m8wh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrate TWP Festival Oct 14-16

LinkImage 
The Delegate and Guardians of
The West Pacific

Request the honor of your presence at a Weekend-Long Celebration,
Given in thanks for the many nations and regions that have supported TWP.

The festivities begin on the RMB, our Linkforum and our LinkDiscord server on Friday, October 14th. Join us first thing in the morning for our Friday Karaoke tradition. The official celebration begins at 19:00 (USA EDT) with formal introductions, and will continue throughout Friday into Sunday. There will be games, music, an open chat party, amusing stories about The West Pacific and a panel discussion on the history of TWP. A highlight of the celebration will be a State of the Region address offered by Big Bad Badger at 20:00 (USA EDT) on Saturday. TWP will also hold joint military operations in recognition of the event. All nations or regions that would like to participate should contact our new Commander of TWPAF yuno_owl__517133t2.jpgThe West Pacific ANIME Force of Yuno owl.

Feel free to join us for any or all of the celebration, as your schedule permits. Whenever you arrive, you may describe your entrance and announce yourself, if you wish.

Residents of TWP and others are encouraged to change their flags to the one at the top of this invitation for this event.

No RSVP requested.

Should you have any questions about the party, please contact neenee__991494t2.jpgThe Magical Cookie Queendom of Neenee

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...