The Ministry Is Expanding (I Need An Assistant)

The president of the US has a Vice-President, and then there is a Secretary of State.

So too do we have a Minister of Interior and A Vice-Minister, but sadly no Secretary of Interior Affairs.

To be honest with the wonderful people of this wonderful region, the result poll results have me anxious and a bit unsure. I know where to start, but I to a degree am having issues processing all of the data I must compile, to do what the region deserves. The community is asking for a number of new threads, video series, and even the passing on of my two D&D campaigns to someone who isn't bored by magic.

We also have a strong demand for a new sci-fi setting and campaign, which I am overly excited to start on, but which requires a lot of work on my art to keep it diverse and yet still simple enough to understand with ease.

To be fair, I am swarming with ideas, am just as capable as ever, and I am eager to really give it my all.... But I am also really feeling anxious, tired, stressed, unsure, lost, and negative about people in general (Including myself).

Content is regularly added and the region is dolling on praise, but I am stuck knowing that I could do a lot better. I feel like I have no idea what I am doing, and mostly it's because there isn't anyone to go over the plans and operations with. It's pretty much like planning a battle, getting the funding for it, and then waging it yourself.

In other words, I need a warm body bounce ideas off of and help me make decisions, when I am too overfilled with information to even human.

Anyone up for it? The perks are there.

"The Bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding Bureaucracy"

My advice is to go at it very slowly and try not to feel overwhelmed by theapparent enormity of your undertaking.  Noboby expects you to build Rome in a day :)  I suggest you concentrate on one or two of your ideas that you feel most comfortable with to start off and, as others who are interested get involved, slowly expand your offerings.

If you would like to put something together as a regional telegram asking for assistance, I'm sure that Badger will agree for it to be put to the assembled company so you can ... "have a warm body to bounce ideas off and help me make decisions, when I am too overfilled with information ..." 

12 hours ago, Mediobogdum said:

My advice is to go at it very slowly and try not to feel overwhelmed by theapparent enormity of your undertaking.  Noboby expects you to build Rome in a day :)  I suggest you concentrate on one or two of your ideas that you feel most comfortable with to start off and, as others who are interested get involved, slowly expand your offerings.

If you would like to put something together as a regional telegram asking for assistance, I'm sure that Badger will agree for it to be put to the assembled company so you can ... "have a warm body to bounce ideas off and help me make decisions, when I am too overfilled with information ..." 

Oh-kay....Now to figure out what to say in such a region wide TG.

17 hours ago, Big Bad Badger said:

Compose the telegram and I'll send it.

Hello Comrades! Greetings and well-wishes to you!

The Ministry of the Interior continues it's job of faithfully executing and purging boredom from our midst. This has included the polling of fellow Comrades such as yourself, to learn the best ways to root out and eliminate the Imperialist dogs of boredom.

However, this grand operation requires a lot of thought and is much work upon our Vice-Minister and our Minister by extension. Our ambitions are vast and grand, the needs of the people just as wide, and so the ministry much expand.

YOU! That's right, you! You could be the next extension of our glorious Ministry of Interior, working with our crazed and insane Vice-Minister to accomplish the insane and maddening ideas he has.

We have only one slot for Secretary of Interior, a glorious third position, which comes with honor, a brilliant uniform, two rations for your family, and a shiny new CZ-82 pistol.

Only the most capable and creative get the position, which could be any of you. Opening link is below.

http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/topic/2219-the-ministry-is-expanding-i-need-an-assistant/

If you are looking for a quote unquote "warm body bounce ideas off of and help me make decisions" then I am sure that I could be that person should you like me to be. I have a ton of creative ideas and I enjoy letting my imagination run wild when given an assignment that requires a bit of thought. Need some decisions made?! I'm there! :) Full disclosure, I have never been one to be seen in RolePlay activities or forum festivals, as I mainly deal with the gameplay side of NationStates (being skilled in both foreign affairs and military affairs respectively). But I mean, I would love to get brainstorming with you and help The West Pacific grow and improve any possible way I am able to do so. So if you're still looking around for someone then please do consider speaking with me. I understand that I may be very new to TWP, but that's never stopped me in the past :P Who knows, maybe it'll even be good for me to branch out and try something new in an environment in which I am still under your direction and serve at your pleasure. But yeah, I'm up!

Official Internal Affairs Secretary Boredom Assassination Job Position of Glory Application!

1. How capable are you of understanding other people?:

2. Is your understanding of sci-fi and/or modern technology fairly sufficient?:

3. If you don't know how something works, are you capable of looking it up on Wikipedia and sorta getting a decent idea of what it is?:

4. Do you have a Discord? Can you go get one? Will it be on most of the time you are home?:

5. Do you understand Paper and Pen games or RPGs, the community depends on us to make them work and run them or run the people who run them:

6. Are you at funny or at least angry in a pouting and slightly cute way? If not, can you swear in a way that sounds cool?:

7. Are you prepared to always improve and help someone who is very triggered, to improve as well, even if they never make any sense or talk endlessly?:

8. Did you feel endlessly annoyed by this application or was it mildly funny?:

Sorry, could you explain what you mean by this? ;)

In all honesty, I am pretty good at understanding people.

I do think so.

3. If you don't know how something works, are you capable of looking it up on Wikipedia and sorta getting a decent idea of what it is?:

Absolutely. I do that all the time.

4. Do you have a Discord? Can you go get one? Will it be on most of the time you are home?:

I do have a Discord. I don't use it too much right now, but I would be willing to.

5. Do you understand Paper and Pen games or RPGs, the community depends on us to make them work and run them or run the people who run them:

I have a basic understanding of these, and I would actually love to learn more and start playing.

6. Are you at funny or at least angry in a pouting and slightly cute way? If not, can you swear in a way that sounds cool?:

I think I'm kind of funny, but angry, cute, and cool are probably off the table.

7. Are you prepared to always improve and help someone who is very triggered, to improve as well, even if they never make any sense or talk endlessly?:

Yes! I tend to make friends with these types of people, so I do have experience.

Those are not mutually exclusive.

1. How capable are you of understanding other people?: Well, I do spend all day talking to people both in RL and here on NS so I would say I am pretty good at it. 

2. Is your understanding of sci-fi and/or modern technology fairly sufficient?: Technology! My precious! 

3. If you don't know how something works, are you capable of looking it up on Wikipedia and sorta getting a decent idea of what it is?: If I do not understand how something works than yes I am capable of looking it up on Wikipedia. I am a very quick learner, so I will understand almost instantly. 

4. Do you have a Discord? Can you go get one? Will it be on most of the time you are home?: I do indeed have a Discord account @Arthur K. Vasentius#9813, and yes, it is most always on. (Like, to the point where if you DM I shall respond in a matter of seconds)

5. Do you understand Paper and Pen games or RPGs, the community depends on us to make them work and run them or run the people who run them: *Goes to get his "MAGIC: The Gathering" cards* The what now? Yeah..I'm not going to lie but this isn't going to be my cup of tea...

6. Are you at funny or at least angry in a pouting and slightly cute way? If not, can you swear in a way that sounds cool?: How cute is a big, ebil ebil raider dude with an eyepatch on his avatar?! Uhm...you tell me? Yes, I can take a joke. 

7. Are you prepared to always improve and help someone who is very triggered, to improve as well, even if they never make any sense or talk endlessly?Yes, I deal with these people constantly. People in general are creatures who love to feel offended. 

8. Did you feel endlessly annoyed by this application or was it mildly funny?: Eh, it was entertaining enough I suppose :P

9 minutes ago, Sensorland said:

Sorry, could you explain what you mean by this? ;)

In all honesty, I am pretty good at understanding people.

I do think so.

Absolutely. I do that all the time.

I do have a Discord. I don't use it too much right now, but I would be willing to.

I have a basic understanding of these, and I would actually love to learn more and start playing.

I think I'm kind of funny, but angry, cute, and cool are probably off the table.

7. Are you prepared to always improve and help someone who is very triggered, to improve as well, even if they never make any sense or talk endlessly?:

Yes! I tend to make friends with these types of people, so I do have experience.

Those are not mutually exclusive.

So far, I think you are the lead candidate,  since RPGs is a big part of our current operations and we serve the most people with that function.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Draig Kirkland Vasentius said:

1. How capable are you of understanding other people?: Well, I do spend all day talking to people both in RL and here on NS so I would say I am pretty good at it. 

2. Is your understanding of sci-fi and/or modern technology fairly sufficient?: Technology! My precious! 

3. If you don't know how something works, are you capable of looking it up on Wikipedia and sorta getting a decent idea of what it is?: If I do not understand how something works than yes I am capable of looking it up on Wikipedia. I am a very quick learner, so I will understand almost instantly. 

4. Do you have a Discord? Can you go get one? Will it be on most of the time you are home?: I do indeed have a Discord account @Arthur K. Vasentius#9813, and yes, it is most always on. (Like, to the point where if you DM I shall respond in a matter of seconds)

5. Do you understand Paper and Pen games or RPGs, the community depends on us to make them work and run them or run the people who run them: *Goes to get his "MAGIC: The Gathering" cards* The what now? Yeah..I'm not going to lie but this isn't going to be my cup of tea...

6. Are you at funny or at least angry in a pouting and slightly cute way? If not, can you swear in a way that sounds cool?: How cute is a big, ebil ebil raider dude with an eyepatch on his avatar?! Uhm...you tell me? Yes, I can take a joke. 

7. Are you prepared to always improve and help someone who is very triggered, to improve as well, even if they never make any sense or talk endlessly?Yes, I deal with these people constantly. People in general are creatures who love to feel offended. 

8. Did you feel endlessly annoyed by this application or was it mildly funny?: Eh, it was entertaining enough I suppose :P

I also really enjoyed your application answers, but the RPG stuff is very important to this position.

Would you be interested in some fourth position? Perhaps as an Advisor?

4 minutes ago, Prole Confederation/Vadia said:

So far, I think you are the lead candidate,  since RPGs is a big part of our current operations and we serve the most people with that function.

I also really enjoyed your application answers, but the RPG stuff is very important to this position.

Would you be interested in some fourth position? Perhaps as an Advisor?

Why of course! Anyway that I am able to help in any capacity I will indeed! If you're specifically looking for someone to do RPGs then I may not prove to be that person. Should you wish me as an adviser then I'm sure I'll be pleased to advise you. Didn't you say you needed more decision making opinions? Yeah, that can be me. 

Official Internal Affairs Secretary Boredom Assassination Job Position of Glory Application!

I am a very good people person.

The technology in my country is advanced, and should be sufficient.

Wikipedia has grown to be one of my primary resources.

no, possibly, and maybe not.

sort of.

yeah

I deal with annoying people all the time, so I would say this is my area of expertise.

mildly funny.

Cheers,

The Principality of Vaniotia

15 minutes ago, Vaniotia said:

I am a very good people person.

The technology in my country is advanced, and should be sufficient.

Wikipedia has grown to be one of my primary resources.

no, possibly, and maybe not.

sort of.

yeah

I deal with annoying people all the time, so I would say this is my area of expertise.

mildly funny.

Cheers,

The Principality of Vaniotia

The issues with Discord are putting you a fair bit behind the other people who applied. There is a lot of passing ideas back and forth required of this position, so it's an important process.

I am still waiting on any other applicants and to see who does what.

40 minutes ago, Sensorland said:

I still would like maybe more of an overview of the position and everything it entails, plus the time you would expect such duties to take. I'd love to be part of TWP government, but I do have homework and studies.

Our job is to fulfill all of the things the community voted for, but the overall objective is to keep the community active.

Poll that people voted in is below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHy86pUHRbI4tg4xp891Ce3QZa8r85SOJZWw8LdBb3f6klVQ/viewform

See the other threads in this forum for an understanding of our current operations.