And we're back!

Winnipeg

Sorry about that bit of downtime, but the database server was just about to imploded itself again, much like last December.

You may notice the forums are a bit different looking....by product of the upgrade, so here we are on Invision Power Board 4.1.xx...

Additionally we're now running on new hardware, and on a 1GBit connection instead of the old 100Mbit connection, so hopefully things seem a bit faster.

If you find you are getting odd pages (like no formating) try doing a forced refresh of the page (Press CTRL+F5 together on your keyboard).  This should force the page cache to refresh.

And a note to everyone, the editor in version 4.1.xx doesn't fully support bbcode.  The editor is a WYSIWYG Rich Text Format instead of bbcode.  IPB beleives bbcode is archaic and to be phased out everywhere. We'll see.  There are plenty of people upset with that, but IPB has made it perfectly clear they have no intention of going back.

The skins/themes for this version are scalable:  ie, the same theme works on desktop, tablet and mobile.  And the editor is scalable along with it.  You will have a smaller set of editor controls on it's toolbar with small screen devices.

*nods* They've made a lot of hype about the new 'activity streams' also, but it just seems like a bother to me.  It might be useful on a high activity forum.  Rather wish they'd added the 'Pages' feature instead of making it an add-on extra.  I can see uses for that feature.

2 hours ago, Westwind said:

Rather wish they'd added the 'Pages' feature instead of making it an add-on extra.  I can see uses for that feature.

What and give up finding another chance to try and charge us money?

*chuckles*  "Money.....get back.....grab that cash with both hands and make a stash..."

P.S. I've added more controls to the desktop size editor.  If you want any of these added to the tablet or mobile editor screen, let me know.

I just finished going through the "large" collection of free themes on their marketplace....really not alot of choice is there?  Saw maybe 3 I would consider using but....wow...a far cry from the 1.3 days.

4 hours ago, Big Bad Badger said:

I love the upgrade! Now this looks like the Equilism forum. Big positive!

I'm not sure why looking more like another forum is a positive....we're trying to be our own unique brand...but ok.