WTF News, Issue #9

Westwind

Westwind Telegraph Frontline News 
WTF News date: 12 March 2016

Issue # 9

A randomly periodic publication of reports from around NationStates (hey, last issue was two years ago).
WTF News is a public service of Westwind.

*Neither The Once and Future King of Westwind, The Infinite Space of All Good People, associated puppet nations, nor the The West Pacific or Equilism take any credit or responsibility for the opinions expressed herein. All implied contracts are figments of your imagination.  All your NS issues belong to us.  Speaking of issues, do not expect to feel 'normal' while reading this one.  This isn't RL you know.  This news service is Published by The Universe. Long live NS national sovereignty and remember, today is National Plant a Flower Day.

Recommended by ......wait a minute, I forgot. Proceed at your own risk.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

watchmen11.png

Issue #1 - It's the End of The West Pacific Union as we knew it, and I feel fine

(The Voice, The West Pacific) - Yes, as has been discussed in a curious conversation on the NS gameplay forum, The West Pacific Union forum government voted itself out of existence.  For some outside the region, this has caused a certain level of consternation.  While inside the region, there is no concern what so ever. I won't go too deeply into these diverse opinions on the situation.  But the truth is that each GCR has chosen it's own method and level governance, and The West Pacific is no different.  Former Delegate Punk Daddy has long been an advocate of an ingame government and the region has believed in the primacy of the Delegate for over a decade. This is nothing new for The West Pacific.

It was unfortunate that the ingame thread linked above lead to so many moderator warnings and bans.  So many unnecessary attacks. But some attacks went on to become overly personal were certainly unbecoming some NS players. 

There are all kinds of different communities across NationStates.  Just because one region doesn't fit the mold that you think it should, doesn't mean that it isn't what the actual community wants for itself.  That attitude towards TWP was insulting.  Looks across all the thousands of regions....they don't all have offsite forum governments.  Some don't have governments at all.  So why should TWP if it's community doesn't want it, or simply isn't interested. It's sad to see people that would rather degrade a region's own choice rather than to respect it's community.  But perhaps that goes on back into the history of various players with their various interests in trying to control the GCRs.  Or maybe not, I don't know.  I'm just the old timer in the rocking chair in the corner.

Everything is fine in TWP.  There is a fully functional government, and it only uses the forum for what it needs, while the rest is ingame.  That makes perfect sense to me, because we're playing a game in nationstates.net , and it's giving us more tools to do what we need ingame.

town_crier_470_470x3521.jpg

Issue #2 - The Equilism Township, can elections be far behind?

(Tranquility, Equilism) - Having languished for months in the Equilism Senate in an effort to replace the existing Commonwealth Constitution, the new Charter of the Equilism Township has been ratified.  The Founder (Whamabama) has three days in which to veto the Charter if he so chooses.  At that time the Commonwealth of Equilism will officially be dissolved and elections opened for the positions of Delegate, Moderator, and Mayor.  One candidate has expressed an interest in all positions already.  Once elections have been concluded, the Interim government will also be dissolved.

Other matters under discussion in Equilism include the status of the forum and whether or not a move to a new forum would be a good idea, and the issue of a future policy direction for the region.  Founder Whamabama and Co-Founder Westwind have emphasized the need for the region to choose a focus upon which to build community and activity for the region. Gameplay ideas have been presented and role play also mentioned.  Whether or not the needed participation levels and leadership will be their for those concepts are yet to be seen.  It is quite early in those discussions, although elections may provide an opportunity to expand upon them.

0c29a9d1a7a6a671c437a5b4ad40fd93.jpg

Issue #3 - An Europeian Anniversary (Happy 9th!)

(Ninth Anniversary Celebration Hall, Europeia) - WTF News would like to wish Europeia a happy 9th Anniversary.  Yours is a region of much history both of it's own and as a part of the NS-wide world.  I enjoyed the opportunity to visit the celebration and add a couple memories of my own there for you.  I won't repeat myself here.  Certainly you are well aware of your impact upon NS affairs, and will hopefully look forward to many more years of activity and influence to come.  Salute !

Issue #4 - North Korea has a missing submarine (I read it in the Enquirer!)

Yes, as soon as I heard the news, I immediately recalled special issue #6 which revealed Bhang Bhang Duc was working with North Korea to attempt to create their own Dalek:

nk_proto.jpg

Could it be that they have now reached a successful conclusion to their Dalek project and seek to deliver it via submarine to a clandestine point to commit sabotage and destruction against their enemies?  Stay tuned, because when it comes to North Korea (and sometimes Bhang Bhang Duc), anything can happen. (The officer in the foreground certainly seems proud of his toy collection.)

As always, only the finest data bits were sacrificed in the transporting of this data packet to your device.

All data bits have been blessed by the Sanctus Vermiculus Ordinem of The West Pacific and The Church of Westwind. Amen.

Westwind Telegraph Frontline News is in Distribution to fine regions across NationStates.

Brought to you by....

Copyright 2016, Westwind of All Good People. Better people, Better Food, and Better Beer.

The difference between the Heavenly Dream and the God Awful Reality.