Admin Requests Part Quatre

Winnipeg

Has been banned, but it's a DHCP Address in Iowa, so it will likely return as a new IP at somepoint.  You weren't the only account it attempted to login as.

Thankfully the forum software's lockout/autounlock does it's job in preventing a true brute force attack, as it maxes out at 3 attempts.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, Winnipeg said:

Has been banned, but it's a DHCP Address in Iowa, so it will likely return as a new IP at somepoint.  You weren't the only account it attempted to login as.

Thankfully the forum software's lockout/autounlock does it's job in preventing a true brute force attack, as it maxes out at 3 attempts.

I’ve been locked out of my account twice now by the same little shit (Casmar was his forum handle) that’s been stalking Dave. Dark reset my password for me after I managed to stuff that up.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, Bhang Bhang Duc said:

I’ve been locked out of my account twice now by the same little shit (Casmar was his forum handle) that’s been stalking Dave. Dark reset my password for me after I managed to stuff that up.

He keeps trying....I've banned a few of the IPs now from there...all DHCP so it's probably not going to help...I may have to ban the IP Range from that ISP completely.

I'm going to add his IPs to the firewall on the server as well, as I think the login page still renders if I ban an IP.

If you find your account locked out, you should be able to try again in 15 minutes as it will auto unlock (provided numbnutz doesn't keep hitting it).

5 hours ago, Winnipeg said:

He keeps trying....I've banned a few of the IPs now from there...all DHCP so it's probably not going to help...I may have to ban the IP Range from that ISP completely.

I'm going to add his IPs to the firewall on the server as well, as I think the login page still renders if I ban an IP.

If you find your account locked out, you should be able to try again in 15 minutes as it will auto unlock (provided numbnutz doesn't keep hitting it).

Thanks Winni. Got locked out again late yesterday (my GMT) time - just left it to reset this time.

Also, please remove the following from Hall of Nations status and any ministry masks they may have:

Spoiler

Shaustria

Cat
Militarian Greek Junta
Radla
Schlesisches Pruessen
dj73920
The Macaronesia

Democratic Republic of States
SarahBread
Braydenton
CringeyDolphin
Sithodox2286
Golperozí
Illista
Macarrones Con Queso
Lady Madeline
setne550
Sultan Mikhail I
shockZy
The Grandest Empire
United Adaikes
thunderbug

32 minutes ago, Overthinkers said:

Please mask @laururana as a Hall of Nations Member as well.

sorry Dark

Laururana is listed as Hall of Nations, TWP Military officer, TWPAF.  He was never removed from the rosters.  Is he now Just HoN or shall I leve the Military designations as well?

Also, Cat is not listed as a registered member.  Did the forum account have a name change?

Finished with the rest of the adds and removals.

Edited by Darkesia
Task Completion

55 minutes ago, Darkesia said:

Laururana is listed as Hall of Nations, TWP Military officer, TWPAF.  He was never removed from the rosters.  Is he now Just HoN or shall I leve the Military designations as well?

Also, Cat is not listed as a registered member.  Did the forum account have a name change?

Finished with the rest of the adds and removals.

He is not currently in TWPAF; those maskings can be removed.

Here is Cat's forum account: http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index.php?/profile/1075-cat/