Admin Requests Part Quatre

Winnipeg

2 hours ago, Saint Mark said:

Dark, while we're awaiting a response from one of our esteemed elder admins on the banner question, would you please change the current forum banner to this one?

twp_banner.png?width=400&height=100

Thank you!

Do you have something a little....wider to work with? That one will most certainly be too small (a certain Zoolander quote involving ants and schools comes to mind).

So this is the current background image:

http://www.westpacific.org/images/twp_v4.jpg

It's 1310x77, so whatever you put together should be similar size to fit into the forum layout.  I can probably worth with that one, but would prefer something wider/less background repetitive.  We used to have a rotating banners on the forums back about 5-6 years ago, and I sourced most of those from city panoramic shots (like the one of Sydney that we're using right now).  That system would just load a random background on each page load (rather than the way it does it on NationStates and uses javascript to rotate through them while you're on the page....personally, I would find that a bit busy for a page header.

As for a rotating banner, I'm sure I can do it as I said a few replies back, but just need to set it up (and have the sources put together).  I will put this limitation on it, please don't make them really tall.  There is no real reason for massive headers on pages, I see it on some of the other offsite forums and I've always thought it was pretty fugly when the header takes up the first half (or more) of the page and you have to scroll down to the meat of the page.  Header should probably be no more than 120pixels tall.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, Saint Mark said:

Is it possible to have multiple banners that rotate appearing at the top of the forum as they do for our nations?

On 2/5/2019 at 11:21 AM, Darkesia said:

That is a @Winnipeg question. @Westwind might know too.  This is why we will never let him actually retire from his Admin post.  

*raises and shakes his cane at a passing cloud*

I haven't looked at the feature in some time, but there is the banner advertising option in the ACP. It could be used for rotating banners, but separate from the header. Could also embed a rotating image in a custom block that could be placed above or below the forums, or on the sidebar. 

A sidebar ad block could have images for upcoming events, or satire, or recruitment, or.....*shrugs*  "TWPAF Dragon Pirates Need YOU. Join Today!", hyperlinked to the signup thread.

Show the advertisement REQUIREDJust below the page header

• Just below the page header
  •  

Howdy! I need the following to be masked following their elections: @Rizorien as Minister of Education, @KhanterWinters as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and @Wyvern as Sergeant-at-Arms.

Thanks!

Edit: I also would like for @Lady Madeline to be masked as Deputy Speaker if we have that mask.

2 hours ago, Saint Mark said:

Dark would you please mask @Night_stalker , @Hawk1223_(Idipola) , @Sibariland , @Braydenton, @Kyako and @Rachvalifka as citizens?

Thank you!

erects a chocolate statue in your honor

Citizens are masked.  Welcome! 

11 hours ago, Dalimbar said:

Howdy! I need the following to be masked following their elections: @Rizorien as Minister of Education, @KhanterWinters as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and @Wyvern as Sergeant-at-Arms.

Thanks!

Edit: I also would like for @Lady Madeline to be masked as Deputy Speaker if we have that mask.

I don't have time to check this right now.  Will get to it this evening.  I don't think we have appropriate masks.