Government Type

Government Type  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What government type do we want?

• Anarchy (always my fave)
    • Oligharcy (what we have now)
    • Democracy (a weak sham of course)
    • Other (the betting favorite)

Democracy - Only because any of the other choices are less likely to have active user bases...Under Monarchy (Realistically a Dictatorship by another name) leaves all the decision making to the person at the top, and will see more stagnation in the end.

Democracy. With the proviso that it is an attainment arrangement with status and goals to reach within specified government departments. Obviously to start with, members will be needed to staff these various areas before elections.

8 people voted.  Not a very representative sample.

Also, I need to point out that 8 people, two of whom are largely inactive in the wider NSverse, is not a large enough group to staff a decent government.

it was a poll for information purposes only, if you want to start a movement start it, be prepared to have conflict, conflict generates activity, not democracy people hate democracy they're lazy

If you want democracy, you must be prepared to first fight to have it.  Then, after the conflict has drawn people, you must build a sustainable system with enough internal conflict to keep interest without shattering TWP again.

Both worthy goals.  Both difficult goals.

What you need to understand is that YOU must do this.  Talking about it while doing nothing is easy.  And don't expect the old timers to do the work.  We did that before, when our RL left us time for it.  It's someone else's turn.

It would be good to have some new bloods which have stamina. Too-often in the past the ideas and rhetoric has been laudable and follow-worthy only to fall-down on the stamina part. That's the only way we're going to survive.....I know my opinion carries little weight as I'm not in NS, but I'm specifically talking about the off-site forum. I'm sure Winni would be delighted to know that somebody new wants to take-up the challenge put some life into the forum. Graphics is ok and is worth a thousand words, but what we desperately need now is 1000 words!