Position of new Minister of NS Daily Issues

Mediobogdum

I have been pondering about the need for a new 'Minister' position for Daily Issues.  There are always hew players arriving in TWP who continually try to talk about daily issues on our rmb and are basically told to "be quiet, we don't talk about such things here!"

I have talked to Drachmaland who has a great interest and knowledge in this field of NS gameplay, and he has agreed to take on the role should the position be established.  I provide below his cogent arguments, which echo my own feelings, on this matter:

"I'd really love to assume said position, because I strongly believe it can be instrumental in increasing participation in the region from the part of the newer players. This approach is perfectly aligned with my own 'hierarchy of needs' in a GCR: by making new players able to discuss what's important to them (i.e., how to deal with daily issues) you increase retention (i.e., they stay in the region), connection (they like it here, because they get help) and participation (you can later bring them off-site, as well).

Now, it is true that there are many places with content relating to NS Issues, yet (1) these places are partially outdated (it's difficult to find anything for most of the recent issues), (2) they're imprecise (they provide generic information that does not take into account the kind of nation that wants to see how it'll be affected), (3) they're impractical (i.e. easily confusing a new player), and (4) most new players will seek (and need) an in-region outlet for getting answers to their questions (and our having established that will help us become more attractive to newbies)."

This matter really comes under the Deputy Advocate of Internal Affairs, however, at this time, this position is unfilled so I look to our present Advocate, PD, to take this matter further, or let others discuss as they think fit :) 

That or a 'blend'. In game,directing new players to game info, off site, to provide discussion of said game play further.

A thread can most certainly be started for that.

Minister of NS Daily Issues has a nice ring.

That might be a thing to have Ministers in game to sort of 'mentor' the new players. A sort of concierge for the game.

Either way, I'm getting ready!  :D

*stretches*

Please consider it for now a delegate appointed position. Since I'm not the advocate nor has he expressed his intentions or desired about it, you should and could coordinate it as an in-game delegate appointed office and you should only need to coordinate it with us (Medio as current delegate, me in the future)

Please consider it for now a delegate appointed position. Since I'm not the advocate nor has he expressed his intentions or desired about it, you should and could coordinate it as an in-game delegate appointed office and you should only need to coordinate it with us (Medio as current delegate, me in the future)

Great! :)

I believe the best way to start would be a dispatch from my part, that will serve as a hub for both info and directions regarding the NS daily issues; then this dispatch could be linked in the WFE for easy reference. What do you think?

I have been waiting for other inputs but my personal view is that this should be an in-game delegate-appointed position and as Ele has also expressed this wish, that makes the decision final.

So, Drachmaland, you are hereby appointed as the Minister for NS Daily Issues :)  I will put out a short mass tg, if you would so wish me to do announcing your appointment, and I will also place a post on the rmb.

If you would like to either: draft an introductory message explaining your vision of your ministry, we can put it out as a regional mass tg with a link to your dispatch, or you can just start the ball rolling by creating a dispatch which will be linked to our WFE, Just let me know your preference.

Answers:

1. Would you like one?  Personally, I think it would be needed

2. What is 'stickied'?

3. Maybe a new entity under The West Pacific Cultural Center entitled 'Ministry of NS Daily Issues' with one of the threads for general discussion entitled 'Got Issues with NS Daily Issues'?  

To be honest, I do not know how you set up these things up :(  This is very much your baby and just tell us what you want and we'll see what can be done. :)

What I really want to know is how to address a minister? Mr Minister? Minister? Reverend?

Please advise!

It depends on the type of correspondence and whether you are talking to him in person if your enquiry was serious, of course!

If this was not the case BBB, just bow very deeply and grovel to him as he is now earning much more than you are  :)

... just bow very deeply and grovel to him as he is now earning much more than you are :)

Darn it!

*tries to burn Drak's paycheck*

Anyways, without further ado, let's get a new Ministerial subforum under the Cultural Centre and move this thread there.

Since the position is delegate appointed, I believe is forum should be under the office of the delegate, just for order and homogeneity

Okay, not too concerned but as you are the real delegate, I will arrange to alter the location to be under your jurisdiction :)

Have just seen the first batch of daily issue info/data on the sub-forum :)  

Are you going to be able to somehow have the issues listed/linked numerically because having 450 or so issues in a random order might prove to be slightly problematic.  Maybe this is asking too much of you and we just see how it goes at this time?