Wow...these forums are dead...where is everyone?

Winnipeg

If you're not willing to do anything, why accept the title "Guardian"? "Guardian" denotes a trust that in times of crisis a "guardian" will act to protect TWP. This is a crisis.

And it wasn't so much radical as me tossing in the towel and saying the gaurdians and delegate rule and no one seems to want to challenge this paradigm, so what's the point of having a constitution?

If you are the only stable force in the region, you have to take the decisions to get people involved. New members are not going to want to join in with a discussion with a bunch of "old" members that talk about things that happened years ago. Promoting the forum could have been a good first step.

It will take some new blood to get us off our backsides.

Buckle up, it's here.

I'm excited we've got new blood. You must remember, we've all been around a while. I hope you're around tomorrow, next week, next month. We will be.

If you're not willing to do anything, why accept the title "Guardian"? "Guardian" denotes a trust that in times of crisis a "guardian" will act to protect TWP.

The key word in the above is 'crisis'. There have been no crises recently to spur the Gaurdians into action. I'd love one, honestly.

I hope you're around tomorrow, next week, next month. We will be.

And what a great addition to the region you'll be tomorrow, next week, next month and forever and ever amen.

The key word in the above is 'crisis'. There have been no crises recently to spur the Gaurdians into action. I'd love one, honestly.

Your forum is empty and (therefore) your regional activity is at an all time low. That is a crisis.

I doubt anyone is even gonna reject an embassy with TWP based solely upon inactivity on our forums, but it makes it kinda pointless with no active ambassadors or even updates to post.  However, I have remained active in TP and TSP anyway.

Nah, no one would reject an embassy...but i think - and my memory might be hazy - one of our embassies was closed down in a feeder due to inactivity.

The simplest way to get some activity is to hold a constitutional convention. And now with Yy's ability to telegram the region we could create a telegram invitation. We didn't have this capability before, but I think this could be a great way to get people on the forums in general.

Just on a personal note. I sent this request to NS Mods a day ago:

Please reinstate nation to NationStates:

Deleted nation Tweedy
Founded: Tue Jan 6 2004
Last activity: Sun Mar 1 2009
Population: 2.204 billion

email: tweedy_no.1@hotmail.com

Following my email, my IP was banned again.

They won't reinstate tweedy.  The NS Mods are assholes about this subject.  And like influence, the ban is here to stay.

With respect to your desire to see activity on the offsite.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with to draw in people.  It would be good to have something to do again.  I mean something besides busy work.  With fresh faces around, there is hope that you can figure something out to peak interest.

I don't really care what type of offsite government we have.

a big part of building a government is building a consensus.

Build a consensus, recruit nations to join the legislature, remembering that the Guardians will be here always.

Or I can assume the reigns as Delegate once again and ban all of you, which ever way you want to do it, I don't care.

Ooookay.

It is in all of our interests to find a system that works for everyone as opposed to the few (the current system). I don't believe that you truly don't care what type of government we have as it will effect this region (including yourself if the Guardians are eternal) for years to come. By building a stable legislature with real power, TWP could become a powerhouse on the world stage with an influence to rival even the most powerful of regions.

TWP could either rise in glory or fade into relative obscurity in the NS World.

The RA may have been a "bunch of whiney jackasses" but that was only because they were allowed to become so. The old system of apply and be admitted was, clearly, ineffectual and in need of an overhaul to something more constructive. Regional Elections may be the best direction in that, say, 5-10 RA slots are up for grabs and they can only be taken by citizens (not inactive members) when they gather enough votes. Voting campaigns, messaging, talking, legislating. All of these things can be achieved by the method I've laid out  and, more importantly, interest is stirred up in the region for current TWP affairs and the rest of the world starts to take notice that TWP is up for business. The WA Delegate will be the RA member that acquired the most votes. These elections could be held every three months to keep things active (1 year is a very long time). If necessary, distinguished members of TWP (Guardians) can form a House of Lords with a reduced power compared with that of the elected House. 

An integral part of this is utilising the new TG regional system to inform the entire region (4562+ nations) of what is happening and how they can get involved.

TWP cannot stay as it currently is. It wont be able to function soon and TWP's influence will be significantly reduced. Unless something is done now. 

None of what I've just said is perfect and it can all be improved, but talking is the key. These debates have stirred a great deal of interest in the past few days and I hope they continue to do so.

My problem with the RA thing is that PD seemingly turned up, said "RA's not working. Get rid of it," and it was done before any attempt was made to reignite interest.

Delegates are elected by the WA members of the region, it is a rule of the game. To impose a role play government on the 4492 members of the region that don't want to role play a legislature is worse than any nightmare you allege the Guardians cause, the Guardians are at least open to inviting in new members, your system insures that you and or a member of the clique you represent become Delegate.

I'm skeptical of anyone advocating democracy in a game that already has it via the WA endorsement system. It is a sham to mask a power grab.

I do not represent a clique and neither am I a member of one. I am disappointed that you think I am doing this just so I can put myself in position as Delegate; this is not the case. I am speaking now to try and revive TWP, you have all said either on this forum or the last that there needed to be more activity so I am curious as to why you oppose me and what I'm trying to do so vehemently.

Your post suggests that you are happy with the status quo of low activity and a region that doesn't interact with themselves instead of an active region that gives more than game offers by itself. Without offsite forums, all regional activity would have to be on the RMB and via TG, two things which hardly involve as many people as possible. I also find your comment hypocritical in that all members of the WA in TWP are 'encouraged' to endorse the Delegate and are subject to the endorsement cap, the punishment for ignoring said cap is probably banjection. That is a group of people imposing themselves on a region, not what I am trying to do.

For the most number of nations in NS, democracy is not a given thing as in nearly all GCR's, the founder ultimately holds the reins.

I only suggested that the highest voted in the RA becomes Delegate as that is the system that most in NS employ, it could easily be changed so that the WA Delegate (as elected by WA nations) becomes the head of the offsite government. But only if that's what most people want.

As for the power-grab thing, no. It is a democracy I'm advocating, not a dictatorship. If at the end of all of this I'm elected to Delegate, great; but I'm not going to accept a position that I know that I can't hold in the best way for TWP.

Try to do something constructive and get accused of trying to seize power. <_<

Try to do something constructive and get accused of trying to seize power. <_<

Welcome to NationStates.  That is the nature of politics. 

I see no problem with involving democracy (even though I think it's completely a sham in game).  What I suggest you be careful about is trying to use the offsite to impose something on the delegate who gains power ond influence solely in-game.  Likewise it is not wise, in my opinion to give the delegate control of the off site government.